PlayStation VR

Dec 23

Dec 23

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Arrives on April 26, 2016 May 10, 2016

Neil Druckmann, Creative Director, and Bruce Straley, Game Director's Avatar Posted by

Let’s start with the good news: Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End is wrapping up production and is shaping up to be the proper send off for Nathan Drake that we’ve promised you. The bad news is that we need a bit more time to finish the game so that it meets our standards and vision. Let’s cut to the chase, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End has a new release date in North America of April 26, 2016 May 10, 2016.

This is our largest Uncharted game to date, and the team has been working incredibly hard to meet the challenge of closing out the game’s development in a timely manner. However, as we approached our final deadlines and started wrapping up the game’s levels, we realized that several key sequences needed extra resources to bring them to the finish line. After carefully considering all of our options, we decided to extend our schedule, making sure that we get a few more polish passes before submitting our gold master (the final disc for manufacturing).

Pushing the date is not an easy choice, and we wouldn’t do it if we didn’t feel in our hearts it’s the best course of action for the game. To you, our loyal fans, we hope you’ll accept our sincere apology. We know many of you have been waiting patiently for Nathan Drake’s final chapter, and now we humbly ask you to wait a bit longer.

On April 26, 2016 May 10, 2016, the most ambitious installment in the Uncharted series will be in your hands.

Neil Druckmann & Bruce Straley

Update: Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End has an updated release date of May 10th, 2016. Read more here.

Add Your Own

DrakeAvinDembola said:

December 23rd, 1:23 pm

I’m sure that it’s all for the best that it’s delayed. Making it right is always better than throwing it out there. I’ll be waiting a lot longer than that to get it. I have to wait until I can afford a PS4, since there’s no PS3 version. Played all the games several times. I will content myself with writing the fan fiction of Nate’s daughter’s adventure in the mean time.

LEYENDA_DE_URIA said:

December 23rd, 1:31 pm

It’s fine, we can wait for this :3

Gamergirl9080 said:

December 23rd, 1:31 pm

Aww Man Dx I was hoping for this game but oh well we can wait longer :)

ZavrimTheGreat said:

December 23rd, 2:06 pm

No biggie, I’m sure everyone is happy to wait a few extra weeks if it means that the end result will be as perfect as Naughty Dog can make it

cy2u5 said:

December 23rd, 2:21 pm

Take all the time you need!
It’s for the players :)

honkayjeezus said:

December 23rd, 2:28 pm

What is happening to Naughty Dog? Seems like you are stringing people along with imaginary titles to sell PS4’s for Sony.

honkayjeezus said:

December 23rd, 2:29 pm

You just delayed it in September, now hit up another delay.

oo7PorscheMGS said:

December 23rd, 4:15 pm

What is happening is that they are developing a HUGE game and they care about QUALITY… delays happen, not the end of the world.. It actually makes a game better, shows they care so much about quality rather than just making $ that they delay a game to make it better….

DesertGhostz said:

December 23rd, 2:32 pm

#colinwasright

Mosh2000 said:

December 23rd, 2:35 pm

Take your time , I bet your doing something really special for Nathan Drake’ last adventure! Got the Liberation edition pre ordered!

XBOX2PS said:

December 23rd, 3:11 pm

I just played the three first instalments of Uncharted on my PS4… Wow! Storytelling, characters, graphics and action were great!

Can’t wait to play the last one (pre-ordered after I played the first game)…

Better late than sorry (or “bugful”)…

Sereal_Killer said:

December 23rd, 3:44 pm

I really feel devs need to learn not to give dates until they are sure they csn meet them. I know ND will make a great game but i hate delays.

Unknown406 said:

December 23rd, 3:46 pm

Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Beta WAS AWESOME & VERY FUN, i can’t wait for the Uncharted 4 A Thief’s End it’s going to be a “MASTERPIECE” :)

Duhi said:

December 23rd, 4:37 pm

better a delayed good game, than a released buggy one.

PhantomFire31 said:

December 23rd, 4:37 pm

Well, I have to say I thought you guys would make that date, but whatever you need. Seriously you always deliver the highest quality of game and any amount of time you need to take will only ensure this. No rush and keep up the good work Neil and Bruce, we love you! #colinwasright though.

KevinGuerrero413 said:

December 23rd, 6:01 pm

Take your time Naughty dog. Make a masterpiece.

anszbd1 said:

December 23rd, 6:11 pm

A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever. Take your time naughty dogs, one month delay is not a problem.

degs62uk said:

December 23rd, 6:38 pm

how about a bit more multi player just to keep us going?

Equalizer_77 said:

December 23rd, 7:20 pm

You gentlemen creators have every right to expect us, as we all know that their games are the best and will keep waiting expectantly for his artwork that is sure going to be a game of the year.

metalminx said:

December 23rd, 8:02 pm

#ColinWasRight and not because they’re friends… as Druck would have had a scoop for @notaxation ‘s interview from PSX.

JLOPEZWV said:

December 23rd, 8:53 pm

I like ND just like the next guy but I’m just tired of the lies on Dec 6th of 2015 Neil Druckmann told Greg Miller @PSX that they would hit the release date so within a little over 2 weeks the ND team realized that they needed more time??? He knew that @PSX he straight lie!!! and everyone like take your time which is fine but do you guys think a month is really going to matter here I bet it will be pushed back even more! I have a great idea to ND and the rest of the game developers how about finishing your game before you put out a release date and start talking people’s hard earned MONEY with pre-orders! I think what they are doing is gutting this game they need more time to decide what parts they are going to take out and sell to us as DLC

praveen_gp said:

December 23rd, 9:06 pm

To Bruce, Neil, Evan, Christophe and all the hard working developers @ Naughty Dog : “Merry Xmas and please enjoy your holidays.” :)
Please take your time before going Gold to make it good, real good. :D

Reepicheep said:

December 23rd, 9:38 pm

Take all the time you guys need!
This is the last adventure we are going on with Nathan Drake, and I have no doubt that you want it to be the best it can absolutely be down to the smallest details.
You guys never cease to amaze me, all the care and attention to the little details is one of the many things you guys work hard at that makes a Naughty Dog game stand out from among others.
Thank you to everyone working hard to finish up Uncharted 4 at Naughty Dog.
From the employee doing a job nobody may never have even considered had to be done to get the game right, all the way to Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley.
Thank you for being willing to delay a game and launch it without lowering the quality and expectations you set for yourselves.
Thank you for loving the game as much as we as fans do!
You guys are the best, I can’t wait for April 26, 2016!
-Reepicheep

JROD0823 said:

December 23rd, 9:57 pm

#ColinWasRight

DARKCris322257 said:

December 23rd, 9:58 pm

Eh one more month or so won’t kill anyone. (At least not me :P) I am still super hyped and can’t wait for the story/multiplayer!

filipinolover96 said:

December 23rd, 10:19 pm

I pre-ordered the game in gamestop before this announcement, so how do I know if I’m still getting the game on April 26?

Welmosca said:

December 23rd, 10:21 pm

A lil bit sad that I’ll have to wait more to play this baby but if its to make the game better just take your time ND.I want UC4 to deliver that amazingly magical experience that UC2 delivered…putting 100% of ma bets and faith in you guys.Gotta say though…an open beta wouldn’t hurt.

Anyway take your time and Merry Christmas to y’all at ND.

NYYanks21 said:

December 23rd, 10:42 pm

LOL, stop lying. I never expected it in 2015 so whatever, but you sat there with Greg Miller at the PS Experience and insisted you’d hit this latest date. If the game’s not ready fine, stop giving bs release dates. I’m convinced this game doesn’t come out in 2016 either. Sony’s first parties have been a complete mess this gen.

StephenBarr1 said:

December 24th, 12:55 am

No worries, I’m playing through a huge backlog already so I can wait. Take your time to perfect this. #ColinWasRight

SELCUKCELIK said:

December 24th, 1:41 am

umarım bu gecikme iyi şeyler getirir..

SELCUKCELIK said:

December 24th, 1:41 am

umarım bu gecikme iyi şeyler getirir.

sakiss974 said:

December 24th, 3:39 am

I have pre ordered the deluxe edition and I was counting the days and now is even more delayed? …at least they must open the multiplayer again so to can play it on ps4…or to open the multiplayer on 2nd and 3rd uncharted for us who bought the collection…with a few words its stupid to not be able to play multiplayer on ps4 with uncharted..instead of doing a step forward with the ps4 console you are going backwards ..this is stupid and unexceptable for such a big company..Im very dissapointed.
At least try to make it right with the fans and open the multiplayer please.

AirMaxPenny said:

December 24th, 7:32 am

Naughty Dog can do what they want. They consistently produce the best video games on the market. If they need another 30 days, I support them. 30 days is nothing to other games who add an extra 6 months and still release garbage.

OMGLOLPWNED said:

December 24th, 9:26 am

Naughty Dog can thank us with a Beta weekend

YungShep said:

December 25th, 10:02 am

id take a free beta trial for the delay.

SIGMA2DIE4 said:

December 24th, 9:38 am

You know what would REALLY make your fans happy and to make up for this 2nd delay? Open up the Beta again for ALL and not just who purchased the collection. Although I had the extreme pleasure of participating in the Beta, would be awesome if you guys opened it again…..this would help ease the sting of this bad news. But like everyone is saying take your time, you guys have NEVER produced a bad product so we believe in you( with our pre order money)

kamborg said:

December 24th, 11:58 am

Take your time..i prefer to wait and have a perfect game rather than a game full of bugs like arkham knight.

RoranoaZorro said:

December 24th, 12:31 pm

Why does Uncharted have to end? Can’t you guys keep it going? It’d be like Tomb Raider but better, because it’s Uncharted.

legendrygamer200 said:

December 25th, 12:29 am

NAUGHTY DOG YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING . I’M SO VERY EXCITED FOR UC4 . TAKE YOUR TIME . I KNOW U GUYS CAN NEVER DISAPPOINT ME. U GUYS ARE THE BEST.

YungShep said:

December 25th, 10:01 am

my birthday is march 18th….what am i gonna do now : (

AngeLofRevivaL said:

December 26th, 7:40 pm

Same lol. They ruined it for us.

CCatalysts said:

December 25th, 1:45 pm

I’m a bit disappointed, but I’m sure it will be worth it!

rampage4027 said:

December 25th, 7:45 pm

you have my support,, for what that is worth.looking forward to launch…. thanks for working hard for all the gamers

AngeLofRevivaL said:

December 26th, 7:27 pm

Thanks guys. The first ever highly anticipated game that gets a release date on my birthday and you guys decide to change it. I guess I will be celebrating my birthday a month late then. Thanks for breaking my tradition.

AngeLofRevivaL said:

December 26th, 7:29 pm

(Hint: That was a sarcastic joke.)

stevelvl said:

December 27th, 12:19 pm

take all the time you need, i still needa get the real ending on mgs5: phantom pain, beat assassin’s creed syndicate.

xRaiden1018 said:

December 27th, 8:18 pm

This is like the third time now, right? This game better live up to my expectations…

Sean_Pierce said:

December 28th, 12:45 pm

In the mean time, please provide a 30fps option patch for The Nathan Drake Collection? I know that anything less than 60fps is viewed as “unpopular” but there are also those who appreciated the original Uncharted Trilogy at 30fps, which is a big part of what created the Uncharted experience. Please strongly consider it. Neither the PS3 version or the PlayStation Now will address problem that as the performance quality is not on par with what the Remastered versions have to offer in terms of graphics and enhancements. The only thing missing on the latter is the option for 30fps as The Lat of Us Remastered provided.

Again please strongly consider. Thanks.

PhantomLord309 said:

December 28th, 1:35 pm

Yeah ND take your time… hell, delay it until 2017 if you want… i don’t want to play another Uncharted with outdated shooting Mechanic’s and a broken shoulder swap.

famous_sheamus said:

December 30th, 6:06 am

I have zero problem with delays especially when it is a franchise game like Uncharted. My expectations are so high I would rather the wait than disappointment. Not that the delay automatically means higher quality but rushing to meet a deadline is never a good thing.

lolatlosers247 said:

December 30th, 1:54 pm

Cant wait this going to be good ._ p.S last of us 2 hahahaha evil voice

lolatlosers247 said:

December 30th, 1:55 pm

Oh keep up the good work love u guys ._.

PhantomLord309 said:

January 2nd, 11:08 am

UC4 better have a proper Traversal Cam Shoulder Swap memory system or i’m not interested. Stop forcing player’s to play with your outdated half assed shooting Mechanic’s and right shoulder default. Gameplay option’s is the key ND!

TheMeanPanda said:

January 5th, 9:52 pm

This delay makes me even more excited because I know it’s going to be that much better now. Take your time guys and close out the series with a real bang!

ClubUgly said:

January 10th, 5:14 pm

Why does it have to end? What will you replace it with?