Marvel's Spider-Man

Feb 02

Feb 02

Gravity Rush Remastered Hits PS4 Today with Original Soundtrack

Nicolo Accordino's Avatar Posted by Producer, ISD

Hello again, Gravity Rush fans! The wait is finally over — Gravity Rush Remastered launches today on PS4! Grab the digital version on PlayStation Store or a physical copy from Amazon.

In addition, for the first time in franchise history, we’re releasing the Gravity Rush soundtrack today on PlayStation Store! The Gravity Rush Remastered Original Soundtrack on PS4 contains all 47 tracks from the original game (total running time 1 hour and 49 minutes) beautifully crafted by legendary composer Kohei Tanaka.

Fans will also be able to view a unique slideshow of game visuals as they listen to the score in both stereo and surround sound formats. The ability to export all tracks as stereo MP3s (via a compatible USB device) is included.

The soundtrack is available starting today as a standalone product for $11.99.

Gravity Rush Remastered on PS4Gravity Rush Remastered on PS4

To commemorate today’s launch, we received a special message from the game’s director, Toyama-san:

When I was young I was raised on a variety of games, comics, and animation. Gravity Rush Remastered is filled to the brim with that old fashioned flair that Japanese entertainment is known for.

So just like me when I was younger rummaging through comics, I hope you enjoy diving completely into this mysterious world!

Thank you for supporting Gravity Rush Remastered!

On behalf of all of us involved with the Gravity Rush series, thank you very much for all of your patience, kind messages, and support for Gravity Rush Remastered. We hope you enjoy Kat’s adventures in Hekseville on PS4, and we sincerely look forward to sharing more about the Gravity Rush franchise soon.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

unbane said:

February 2nd, 7:07 am

Kat <3

February 2nd, 9:09 am

Thanks unbane! Hope you’re enjoying the game!

KidGreengene said:

February 2nd, 7:10 am

This SOUNDS like awesome news!
See what I did there? Sounds? Its a sound track article?? Zing!!!

February 2nd, 9:47 am

It is indeed awesome news! Hope you enjoy the game KidGreengene!

DirjelJunshin said:

February 2nd, 7:53 am

I think your joke would have been better with fewer NOTES at the end.

KidGreengene said:

February 2nd, 7:55 am

The joke was just obvious… the real joke WAS the notes. But everyone’s a critic :/

shadow15972 said:

February 2nd, 9:48 am

I believe his response was a joke too.

TomatoDragon said:

February 2nd, 7:22 am

Epic epic game, and it definitely deserves to be available to a larger Playstation audience.

February 2nd, 9:47 am

Thanks TomatoDragon! I sincerely appreciate your support!

jchill001 said:

February 2nd, 7:31 am

Bought it as well as the dlc and platinumed it 3 years ago on the vita, you guys remember the vita right?

KGrillz said:

February 14th, 7:34 am

I certainly do.

Vyprstryke said:

February 2nd, 7:32 am

Mine is out for delivery =)

February 2nd, 9:49 am

Thanks Vyprstryke! Really appreciate the support!

Vyprstryke said:

February 6th, 7:17 pm

Thank you for making such a great game =)

Crazymanwalking1 said:

February 2nd, 7:42 am

Words cannot express how glad i am that the soundtrack is being released along the game, i absolutely love GR it is 100% my favorite game on Vita no other game comes close. it’s torture waiting for my copy (hurry up amazon!) Definitely gonna platinum Remastered

February 2nd, 9:51 am

Thank you so much!

The soundtrack sounds wonderful with a surround sound setup or nice pair of headphones. And don’t forget to export the tracks as mp3s!

Hope you enjoy the game, and stay tuned here for more news on Gravity Rush!

Fabio_R said:

February 2nd, 7:46 am

Waiting for Megadimension Neptunia VII…

KidGreengene said:

February 2nd, 7:56 am

Nep Nep!

G-Force08 said:

February 2nd, 8:40 am

Megadimension, Digimon, and Gravity Rush! Good day to be a PlayStation gamer. :3

DirjelJunshin said:

February 2nd, 7:52 am

That’s awesome. I don’t think I’ll be re-buying Gravity Rush (I got the platinum on Vita already), but I’ll DEFINITELY be picking up the soundtrack!

February 2nd, 9:52 am

Enjoy that soundtrack DirjelJunshin! A lot of great work went into it, so I hope you love it!

Thanks for your support!

aidman650 said:

February 2nd, 8:00 am

The Gravity Rush soundtrack is my favorite soundtrack of all time. The songs Old Town, Resistance and Extermination, and Pleasure Quarter are real highlights. I’m getting the remastered version mainly because of the soundtrack. It is just mesmerizing. People owe it to themselves to hear that soundtrack.

February 2nd, 9:54 am

Thanks aidman650 – we’re in love with the soundtrack too, so I’m thrilled that we’re about to bring it to you!

We really appreciate all of your support, and I hope you enjoy the game!

Teflon02 said:

February 2nd, 8:09 am

I find it ridiculous that Canadian amazon has No stock of this, and I’ve been watching the page everyday for a while. I had to order from the US amazon and gotta wait until next week for the physical. I did buy the digital just to play until then but I find that extremely annoying.

Animedude951 said:

February 2nd, 8:22 am

I hope they patch in photo mode. I thought it was a staple for remasters and exclusives to have it not to mention they showed off photo mode for Gravity Rush 2 already.

February 2nd, 10:14 am

No word on that for Remastered, Animedude, but I hope you enjoy the game just the same!

Thanks for your support!

Kasaix said:

February 2nd, 8:33 am

I played this game an hour or so this morning. It’s absolutely fantastic.

February 2nd, 10:14 am

Thanks Kasaix! Really appreciate the kind words!

KagatoAC said:

February 2nd, 8:40 am

I remember thinking how fantastic this game looked originally and then being so disappointed because it was on a handheld system. So when it was announced for PS4 It immediately went on my “Must Buy” day one list. I’m getting this digitally sometime today :)

February 2nd, 10:15 am

Thanks KagatoAC! Really glad you’re getting a chance to experience the magic!

Enjoy Hekseville!

Mercenary09 said:

February 2nd, 9:18 am

My copy is out for delivery from Amazon. Thanks guys for bringing it to the US and doing a Physical copy. Hopefully we can get a collector’s edition for Gravity Rush 2.

February 2nd, 11:02 am

Our pleasure, Mercenary09! Thanks for being a great fan – we really appreciate it!

Tinye310 said:

February 2nd, 9:45 am

I actually enjoy soundtracks on the ps4 but sometimes not being able to extract it to listen to my car deters me from buying it so I really really appreciate the ability to extract it into mp3’s.

Thanks!

February 2nd, 11:03 am

Thanks Tinye310!

And I completely agree – the ability to export it as mp3s makes it so easy to take it with you whenever you go!

I really hope you enjoy the game and the soundtrack!

Shibuya_Reaper said:

February 2nd, 10:03 am

Really exciting news, I was just thinking today about how I wish more games had their soundtracks available. Definitely going to pick this up when it’s up on the store! Maybe I can listen to the soundtrack while I wait for the game to come in the mail lol

February 2nd, 11:04 am

Thanks Shibuya_Reaper! (Love your handle!)

The soundtrack is a treat to listen to, so I’m sure you’ll love it!

Thanks for all of your great support! Enjoy the game!

Kaddyshacks said:

February 2nd, 10:10 am

Gravity Rush is one of my favourite games ever. I’m so excited to play it again with a fresh coat of paint!

February 2nd, 11:05 am

Very excited to have you playing Kaddyshacks! Enjoy the game, and thanks for the kind words!

LightOfValkyrie said:

February 2nd, 10:51 am

Played the crap out of this on my Vita and now I’m having fun doing it again for PS4. Easily one of my favourite games ever.

February 2nd, 11:06 am

Thanks LightOfVakyrie! Really hope you enjoy it just as much, if not more so on the big screen.

We appreciate your support!

JuanMdP said:

February 2nd, 10:54 am

I’m sorry to change the tone of the comments so far, but to not say a word would imply everything’s fine in the World. And trust me, it’s not. I’m one of the many people who supported this franchise day one when the game came out on the Playstation Vita, I was never opposed to seeing the game ported (though I’m not naive enough to think a bigger install base equals a bigger attach rate) but it seems highly contradictory of Toyama-san to say: “I’m so excited that fans around the world will finally be able to experience Kat’s adventures on the big screen!” when in doing so, you are deliberately excluding the install base that supported your franchise in the first place. Yes, taking the game to PS4 is fine. Leaving the PSV out is not. We supported your new IP, you simply cut us off and gave us nothing in return~.

We are left with an inconclusive story, a first entry into a series that was filled to the brim with questions and virtually no answers. So, not everything is peachy, at the end of the day you people still excluded the many thousands that actually supported you and gave voice to an IP nobody ever heard about~.

veryhoudini11 said:

February 2nd, 12:15 pm

I actually prefer that they release the new title on ps4.id rather be playing it on my big screen with better graphics, frame rate, ect than on my vita. Many of us vita owners also own a ps4. Youre arguments dont hold any value. You could say the same about uncharted 4 coming to the ps4 instead of the ps3. The ps4 hardware will allow the franchise to better itself in so many ways that the vita couldn’t allow.

DarkSoleride said:

February 10th, 12:33 am

So with that statement does that mean this game does not have Cross-Save support? Because i have this on Vita not played it in a couple years but i just have a clean up and thinking of picking up the PS4 version but i don’t want to start it again.

olinkalex said:

February 2nd, 11:00 am

Just got my Physical Copy delivered to my front door about 2 hours ago. Really enjoyed the original on my PSVita and happy to enjoy the game again on my PS4.

Though I do hope there will be an Update that will allow us to toggle the Gravity controls to the R2 & L2 buttons.

February 2nd, 11:08 am

I’m super happy to hear that, olinkalex! (Isn’t that box art great?)

I can’t promise any alternate control schemes, but I’ll be sure to pass along your comments.

Hope you enjoy the game!

LeandroDiFini said:

February 2nd, 11:04 am

This was definitely one of the best titles to play on the Vita. I couldn’t recommend more for those who haven’t tried it yet.

February 2nd, 11:08 am

Thanks for the kind words! Hope you enjoy the game too!

Hakumen__ said:

February 2nd, 11:07 am

Any plans to bring the soundtrack to the PS Vita?

February 2nd, 11:14 am

Hey Hakumen,

Currently it’s only planned for PS4, but the PS4 version allows you to export mp3s, so you could take those and stick them on your VITA if you like!

Hope that answers your question!

I hope you enjoy the game!

Hakumen__ said:

February 2nd, 11:23 am

Thanks, I’ll have to check how to export mp3 first before deciding whether or not to buy the soundtrack for PS4.

I already have the game for PS Vita and don’t intend to buy it twice, but I hope that those who buy it now also get to enjoy it.

Mercenary09 said:

February 2nd, 11:24 am

Like someone up above said a Photo mode for this game would be awesome. Hopefully we see on in a future patch.

ReptileHand said:

February 2nd, 11:48 am

I really just bought it off Amazon for the theme! It was so cool I couldn’t pass it up. I remember wanting Gravity Rush for soooo long when it came out for PS Vita. I’m really glad there came an opportunity to bring it to the PS4. I’ll be getting my copy on Thursday!

I think there should be more connections between the Playstation store and amazon in the future. This was a really cool deal :)

February 2nd, 4:57 pm

Thanks for the support ReptileHand – I’m sure you’ll love it!

madmanwithabox12 said:

February 2nd, 12:11 pm

I love this game, but this “accolades” trailer is a bit too insincere for my liking. Calling the game “unmissable” when it’s been out since 2012 and missed by millions of people… Where was this mindset when it originally came out on Vita? Why weren’t you championing the game back then?

I’m honestly kind of disappointed by how enthusiastic everyone at PlayStation is for the game and it’s sequel all of a sudden, yet when it came out on Vita none of you were talking about as this great game that everyone needs to play.

That said, I’ll happily enjoy the game and it’s sequel on PS4. I just hope my sentiments are heard by everyone involved with the Gravity Rush series from here on out. Not even a nod to the Vita faithful who supported the game in the first place (cross-save, cross-buy… anything…) and yet you keep talking about Gravity Rush fans when referring to people who can’t possibly be fans of it because they haven’t yet played it.

February 2nd, 5:00 pm

Thanks for your comments madman!

I’m a huge fan of the VITA, as I hope my Freedom Wars avatar might suggest. :)

Although I wasn’t involved with the VITA iteration of Gravity Rush, I promise to work hard to give the series the attention it deserves!

Hope you enjoy Remastered on PS4!

JuanMdP said:

February 2nd, 2:06 pm

You totally nailed the issue. Kudos for not forgetting the context of the situation~.

Lumionion said:

February 2nd, 12:12 pm

I just got my redemption code from amazon for the theme, and i can’t download it anywhere. When i got to it from themes in the PS4 it has a lock icon on it and clicking it brings me to the PSN store to re-buy the game digitally instead of downloading the theme.

Lumionion said:

February 2nd, 4:50 pm

It became unlocked at 6 EST nvm. Pretty boring theme D:. The tearaway theme is the best so far.

BlueBl1zzard said:

February 2nd, 12:26 pm

This was one of my favorite vita games to date! Not yet sure if I’ll pick it up again for PS4 (I may sometime in the future), but I think I will be grabbing that soundtrack.

February 2nd, 5:01 pm

Thanks for the kind words BlueBl1zzard – really hope you enjoy the soundtrack!

Let me know what you think of Remastered if you pick it up!

AfroSlice said:

February 2nd, 1:00 pm

Is there no physical release for Canada? It does not show up on the Canadian Amazon site.

RootBearBrothers said:

February 2nd, 2:14 pm

Kohei Tanaka truly is a legendary composer, though I imagine many haven’t heard too much of his work. His work on Sakura Taisen (Sakura Wars in the west) is outstanding and it’s almost hard to fathom that a single composer could write so many different styles of music so well.

While I don’t think the Gravity Rush OST quite compares to Sakura Taisen’s music, that’s like saying gold isn’t as worth as much as platinum (as in it’s still an amazing OST).

More on topic… really happy to finally play this game again, now in HD!

D-Squad3 said:

February 2nd, 2:18 pm

Already bought the game! Can’t wait for it come in the mail!

fbutron said:

February 2nd, 3:17 pm

Been playing since December, downloaded from the HK store

Any news regarding the special theme offered there?

Sevesodier said:

February 2nd, 4:12 pm

played the game a lot on my vita as it is truly one of the gems of the system. Will gladly buy again for the soundtrack and improvements!

Zilas said:

February 2nd, 5:58 pm

I was really looking forward to the physical release of Gravity Rush Remastered in North America, but Sony couldn’t be bothered to release it here in Canada, yet, everywhere else gets it…
It’s really unbelievable and I’m extremely disappointed. Sony didn’t think it worthwhile to release a physical copy here, so I don’t find it worthwhile to support their actions. I will not be purchasing the game digital.
I know Sony doesn’t give a damn but I felt like leaving this comment anyway.

AfroSlice said:

February 8th, 1:50 pm

I’m with you man.

AbsoluteZero28 said:

February 2nd, 7:59 pm

Probably one of my favorite gaming soundtracks ever. Absolutely love the ‘Pleasure Quarter’ one. It would be awesome if you guys added some Gravity Rush avatars to the PS Store too!

solid_snake125 said:

February 2nd, 8:35 pm

Gravity Rush is definitely one of my favorite games of all time. It has an excellent soundtrack too. I can’t wait for Gravity Rush 2! And like AbsoluteZero said, you should really add Gravity Rush avatars on the PS Store. I’d buy them in a heartbeat.

RemiaPhoenix said:

February 3rd, 5:19 pm

I’m also disappointed that the physical copy of this game does not appear to officially be in Canada’s Amazon site. I could import it from the US, but it’ll cost almost twice as much…I guess I’ll have to buy it digitally if it doesn’t appear in amazon.ca soon.

Other than that, looking forward to playing Gravity Rush again on my PS4. Thanks for remastering it~

ServantSaber said:

February 3rd, 6:27 pm

Heard good things about this game, looking forward to trying it!

tsaihongling said:

February 4th, 7:43 am

Just purchased the soundtrack off PlayStation Store! How do I export the soundtrack as mp3s? I want to enjoy this awesome music on the go!

M_N04H said:

February 4th, 4:40 pm

Part of me is glad that more people can enjoy this fantastic game as I am sure many have missed out due to not owning a Vita. Another part is disappointed that one of the few great exclusives on Vita is not exclusive anymore. Regardless, being remastered, this might be worth buying again.

Yaba-Man said:

February 9th, 11:33 am

There are no sound effects when you collect precious gems in the physical PAL version of Gravity Rush Remastered!

If sound effects are important to you then maybe consider getting a digital release…

AeraLure said:

February 9th, 1:36 pm

Need Gravity Rush avatars. Maybe a dynamic theme too.

COBSharpShooter said:

February 10th, 9:11 pm

A theme came with pre-ordering it digitally, its pretty good.

AeraLure said:

February 9th, 1:37 pm

Also, please, since it seems you’re done supporting and developing for the Vita, consider remastering a few more Vita titles. Freedom Wars imho needs a sequel and should be on PS4. I’d buy it and play it again.

DarkSoleride said:

February 10th, 12:33 am

Does this game have cross-save support with the PS Vita?

Letters2Kay said:

February 10th, 9:59 am

I loved this game on my Vita and devoured it and the DLC voraciously. I picked up Remastered on day one and was SO DISAPPOINTED to find that the game disables Media Player and forces the player to listen to the in-game soundtrack or silence. My experience with Gravity Rush is very much married to the music I listened to while I played it, and I was looking forward to recreating that in my living room again, along with a few new albums that have released recently.

You took something away from the experience for me, something that had been vital the first time and now feels hollow and uninspiring. I know the music is beloved by many, but it feels wrong to me and I have no option to change that, as I have had with nearly every other title I can think of in the last decade or so.

Would very much appreciate a patch in the near future to allow this feature back in. Thanks for thinking about it.

COBSharpShooter said:

February 10th, 9:09 pm

Haven’t tried yet but I’m sure Spotify works while playing this, i might be wrong though.

COBSharpShooter said:

February 10th, 9:08 pm

Cannot wait for the GR2, bought the original on vita, pre-ordered the remastered version , and i will be pre-ordering the most expensive version of 2 upon availability , i absolutely love this series. Also cannot wait for the anime.

zezima007 said:

February 16th, 3:05 am

Is it free for people who own the vita version?

Matryoshka524 said:

February 16th, 9:54 pm

This game (and the upcoming sequel) was one of the major push factors for me to finally get a PS4. I absolutely loved Gravity Rush on Vita and I had planned on replaying anyways, so this release was perfect timing.

Elvick_ said:

February 23rd, 7:03 am

Bluepoint nailed it again. Excellent port, they should do all of Sony’s port work. I’m sure they cost more than the no-names Sony hires sometimes, but they are worth it. Games deserve proper treatment when ported.

Got the platinum again on PS4 within the first few days of starting it again, such a good game. Can’t wait for GR2.

AeraLure said:

February 23rd, 7:44 am

Love it! You need to add the Gravity Rush avatars from the JP PS Store to the US (and presumably EU) Store though!

wylyan said:

February 23rd, 7:26 pm

Gravity Rush is the best game in my Playstation Vita and now i wanna get the platinum on the playstation 4.

PAGE 1 2