Knack 2

Feb 03

Feb 03

Samurai Action Game Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae Coming to PS4

Nayan Ramachandran's Avatar Posted by Sr. Marketing Manager, Playism

Hey there, PlayStation Nation! Nayan here again from Playism. We’ve been releasing plenty of games on PS4 up until now, but we’re not done yet! We’ve got a real heater coming, and it’s one of my personal favorites.

Welcome to the world of Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae.

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae on PS4

We know full well that Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae is a mouthful to say, but we wanted to maintain that authentic samurai feel for this game.

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae is the story of a demonic sword, and the young warrior who stole it for her own ends. Hot on her heels is our main character, and her best friend. Once friends, but now forced to fight each other, players will cut their way through arenas filled with monsters, robots, and thugs in need of a good slicing.

While Mitsurugi uses a combo system similar to character action games you might have played in the past, it employs a unique combo finishing system inspired by classic samurai movies and anime.

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae on PS4Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae on PS4

Once a player has inflicted damage upon their foes in a single combo, simply sheathing their sword will cause enemy wounds to open and spew blood, causing additional damage and often times, death.

In addition to this unique combo finishing system, players will be able to learn a wealth of awesome abilities during the course of their game, including devastating dive kicks, lightning fast sword combos, and incredible counters.

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae originally released on PC, but it’s a controller-based character action game at heart and destined to hit PS4. That’s why we’re so excited to finally put it in PlayStation gamers hands on February 16th, 2016. The game will be a digital purchase on PlayStation Store, and will be available for $11.99.

Add Your Own

ruffedgz said:

February 3rd, 8:04 am

Looks fun, I will look into this game shortly. Thanks PSN!

KazeEternal said:

February 3rd, 8:08 am

Gonna need more info (sounds like I need to google).

Any Sixaxis stuff?

Been dreadfully absent on PS4, especially on scoped in sniper rifles for helping to aim. Granted no gun here, but I’m itching to get more motion stuff in my games like with Gravity rush.

You guys really need to get your marketing ontop of that name. No way I’m going to be able to remember than when bringing it up in conversation. Maybe something that drills down on MKH.

rolandsee said:

February 3rd, 8:18 am

Pretty sure it’s 2016 Feb.

GunarmDyne said:

February 3rd, 8:34 am

Looks interesting. I’ll check out some gameplay footage once it’s released before deciding to buy though.

Tinye310 said:

February 3rd, 9:04 am

I’ve been waiting to hear more info on this and glad it’s releasing so soon. I’ll pick it up at that price. Good luck!

OnTheBus666 said:

February 3rd, 10:01 am

Hot samurai school girls and sheathing finishers! that sounds right up my alley

Zepherj said:

February 3rd, 10:10 am

This looks super entertaining. I can’t wait to give it a try. Thanks for bringing it to PS4.

YoruAzeniaSIC said:

February 3rd, 10:24 am

I really hated this on PC don’t think I’ll care much for it on PS4

kdiep said:

February 3rd, 12:01 pm

Wow $12, might just try it out.

Jay_Pe85 said:

February 3rd, 12:06 pm

I really appreciate japanese games coming to the west (i try to buy most of them for support), but GOD, this game will be destroyed by sites like IGN/Gamespot/Gametrailers….

SilentNova said:

February 3rd, 1:51 pm

This is very true. For the price I will likely try it. Though I really hate review magazines and sites in general at this point. Also the people that tend to use them most. As an example:

The review for Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines Infinite Duel was actually pretty high, but I will see someone type for the “weaboos” or whatever and that same person mention loving Link or some random Nintendo game character. Still Japanese either way.

So I just ignore review sites and really only come to the Playstation Blog at this point for regular updates and then Twitter for the majority of companies I am interested in. I just do not agreee with most of these people.

Jay_Pe85 said:

February 3rd, 5:16 pm

I stop paying attention to that kind of site when the person who reviewed Nascar 09 for IGN complained about that the game was boring because is was about cars going in circles…

SilentNova said:

February 3rd, 6:14 pm

I have seen a couple of reviews like that. Like GameInformer calling Chrono Trigger the most overrated game of all time and then the following month they gave Chrono Trigger DS a rave review even though they had all just said that, “It has a story that was probably written by a four year old.”

They also hated on all the classic .hack// games before the new trilogy came out. Them and other companies called JRPGs boring until they realized JRPGs are popular. Tips and Tricks was one of the few that really like JRPGs like Xenogears and such.

I think I remember the review about the cars going in circles and not even their worst writings. Why I am kind of frustrated with XSEED constantly pulling up high reviews on Twitter right now of Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines. Reviewers giving scores is like, “Whose Line is it Anyway?”, the points don’t matter.

Seluhir said:

February 3rd, 1:39 pm

Seems interesting. We’ll see how it turns out.

InuyaKira said:

February 3rd, 1:42 pm

Awesome! can’t wait to get it on PS4!

But I have a question for you,
Would you be able to localise and bringing those Touhou Project games that are and those that will be on the Japanese PS Store??
Would love to play them in English and would definitely buy them again!
Thanks you for bringing Japanese Doujinshi games to us westside! 8D

D-Squad3 said:

February 3rd, 3:10 pm

same day as Street Fighter V? Come on!

Souledge94 said:

February 3rd, 5:22 pm

guessing no dub?

Akmaljon said:

February 3rd, 6:33 pm

Don’t put $40 price on this copy and paste game PLZ!

Akmaljon said:

February 3rd, 6:35 pm

nvm saw the price XD

Majere613 said:

February 4th, 2:18 am

I have the PC version due to a steam sale. What’s there is solid enough, but there’s not much enemy variety and only the one ‘rival’ character. It’s a bit repetitive, but it doesn’t take up too much of your time. If nothing else, the price is reasonable and this version looks prettier from the shots.

Leigh1031 said:

February 4th, 2:25 am

Man this got localized exponentially faster than Croixleur Sigma did, I think its only been on the Japanese PSN for a couple of months now while CS had been on there for about a year or more. From what I’ve seen there was a blonde who I guess is a rival, unlockable character, or just an old school “Super Saiyan” like form.
The demonic sword and combo finsher makes me think it will behave like Shinobi, with that constantly draining health and bosses being a pain unless you built up a Tate and so that your first hit is also the last hit.

Kid_Grim said:

February 4th, 6:05 pm

For 12 bucks I’m guessing this is a very short game, but samurai school girls what more can you ask for…

Kid_Grim said:

February 4th, 6:16 pm

After a quick you tube search I’ll probably pass, I’m sure it will be in the free games section soon enough.

LEFT__4__DEAD__2 said:

February 5th, 1:51 am

Love this game on PS4.

KronosX3T said:

February 7th, 10:14 am

Ok, this looks boss.

Ichiron47 said:

February 8th, 9:08 pm

I have been waiting for this game since last year November! Finally I get to play this on PS4!!!

IBranthrax said:

February 15th, 9:13 am

$3 on Steam.

No thanks PSN.

Gemmie12 said:

February 16th, 2:41 pm

Is it just me, or is this game showing in the Free-to-Play section of the PSN Store?