PlayStation VR

Feb 17

Feb 17

Sign Up for the Next PS4 System Software Beta

John Koller's Avatar Posted by Vice President, PlayStation Brand Marketing, SIEA

Last September we put a call out to PS4 owners to test out our next system software update and since we’re getting close to the release of our next update for PS4, we wanted to do it again! Starting today you can sign up to be a beta tester and get a sneak peek at some of the features making their way to your PS4.

PlayStation

Click here to sign up. The beta program will kick off in early March, and if you’re part of the program, you’ll receive an email with instructions on downloading the system software. You can roll back to the previous system software at any time, so don’t worry about downloading the beta. In order to sign up, you’ll need a PS4 with an Internet connection and a master account. We’ll share more details on the new features you’ll be able to test when the beta begins.

Be sure to join the PlayStation Forums to get access to our beta forums, so you can discuss the new features. We will be monitoring the forums throughout the beta. And while we can’t always implement changes suggested by the community, it’s super valuable for us to hear your feedback to help guide the direction we take. We’re always listening!

I want to personally thank everyone who signed up for the last beta, and I hope all of you (and those who didn’t, too) will sign up again. Don’t wait too long — we’re accepting a limited number of beta testers, so get in now before it’s too late.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

gohan16ken said:

February 17th, 3:10 am

Thanks for this.

1. Please add plug and play support for external HDD on PS3 and PS4. Also on the PS3, please remove the 10% HDD reserve for future OS update.
2. Please support 2 step verification for PSN. And also enable a pin login.
3. Please support Ultraviolet.

Thanks.

OptimalStorm said:

February 17th, 4:12 am

Bump! Complete support for this!

killinmonk said:

February 17th, 4:53 am

Dude I felt like the 3 things you just asked for are the 3 most unimportant things to the majority of the PS4 community. Also why are you even mentioning PS3 this is a post about a PS4 firmware update not a PS3 firmware update.

PenguinActual said:

February 17th, 6:40 am

Why 2-step verification? If someone is logging into your account from their home then change your password.

TwinDad said:

February 17th, 6:49 am

2-step keeps them from logging into your account at all. There should be no reason to have to change a password. When my account is used on a new apple device, I get instant notification, I can block it and report it, and keep my account safe. Ask the people who have phantom PS4 systems on their account if they would like 2-step.

Nobody can access my MS live account if they do not give the code that is generated, since they can’t get my phone, they can’t get into my account. It should be mandatory on the internet by now. Iran, Russia, Syria, China, and more are trying to break into accounts, it needs to be better secured.

ANGRYFEAR5 said:

February 17th, 6:52 am

External HDD support and Change psn Name please.

Banhammer72 said:

February 17th, 7:13 am

For me Option 3 is a real need for me. I have all these films I would love to watch via my PS4.
    I would like plug N Play support for external HDD save on USB swapping when saving/transferring data.

elpelotero1914 said:

February 17th, 7:30 am

It would be awesome if they add most of the ideas posted on this forum but something really cool would be
    1. let us add our designs like overlays, pop ups, etc.. an example: https://www.google.com/search?q=overlays+for+twitch&tbm=isch&imgil=9PMzapgW7-SxaM%253A%253BaD2ZchFVWGm5cM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fcrowboat.com%25252Ffree-overlays%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=9PMzapgW7-SxaM%253A%252CaD2ZchFVWGm5cM%252C_&usg=__iVhsKPWWDkTDrJ3gnL3eSFijsyc%3D&biw=1185&bih=553&ved=0ahUKEwimu8fPjv_KAhVFJR4KHSUsA0wQyjcIOQ&ei=0JHEVqaTF8XKeKXYjOAE#imgrc=9PMzapgW7-SxaM%3A

this would be helpful for streaming to twitch or youtube if you don’t have a game capture card.

joebootoo said:

February 17th, 8:03 am

Ultraviolet has been available for years on PS4 and PS3 via the VUDU service. Just link your Ultraviolet account to that and you’re set.

gohan16ken said:

February 17th, 8:07 am

Thanks @OptimalStorm, @TwinDad, @ANGRYFEAR5, and @Banhammer72. @killinmonk, do you have any source to proof that my request is unimportant to majority of the 40million PS4 users? Is there a law against mentioning PS3 in a PS4 article? @PenguinActual, please go research what is two step verification. FYI, PSN can be access via the web when NOT at home

Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360, and Xbox One supports plug and play for external HDD . The lack fo support on the PS3 and PS4 is unacceptable. I have a 1.5TB HDD in my PS3 and over a 130GB of that HDD usable storage is not accessible due to Sony 10% HDD reserve for future OS update. Sony has a 12GB PS3 that only hold 5GB of the usable storage, therefore, the PS3 do not need 130GB. Please remove this. I have 165 games installed on my PS3 and only have 211GB free. I still have another 130 games that I would like to install. Sony’s network gets hack a lot. Supporting 2-step verification and a pin login is important. Sony is a member of ultraviolet and Sony Pictures support it. Why can’t PS Video?

nunley33 said:

February 17th, 9:42 am

You know even if Sony was to reduce this reserve amount you wouldn’t get nowhere near the amount you’re looking to get back in free space. The HDD sizes are always less than what was advertised because because of how they calculated it and it was rounded up to be more marketable.

the_man72 said:

February 17th, 9:55 am

I hope they do add External HDD support would so make my life easier

FeistFan said:

February 17th, 10:00 am

The Vudu app is free (on both PS3 and PS4). Vudu supports Ultraviolet. There you go – Ultraviolet support on Playstation.

Now if what you want is to buy videos in the PS store that are Ultraviolet videos, then that’s different, but it doesn’t look like that’s coming any time soon.

gohan16ken said:

February 17th, 10:33 am

@FeistFan I do not want to use Vudu. I want to PS Video to link with Ultraviolet.

M-ManLA said:

February 17th, 10:53 am

You do know that if you download like the Vudu app, that supports ultraviolet.

N-Shifter said:

February 17th, 11:49 am

Agree with all of these.

Seluhir said:

February 17th, 11:58 am

In general, spamming a request on every single thread only accomplishes one thing: To get the community management team to consider you a spammer and disregard your requests.

You’ve posted this requests far too many times… at this point, you’re actually hurting your chances of them ever being implemented.

In the end, I don’t disagree with your suggestions, just saying you’re hurting your own cause at this point.

DevonTheDude said:

February 17th, 1:20 pm

Kaz harai said that the ps4 was capable of 4k blu ray playback… Still nothing

Kaz also mentioned CD playback would come to ps4… Still nothing

Still need folders and tweaks to the ps4 OS

TWODEEEE said:

February 17th, 4:29 pm

There is a two step log in, you can put a pin number on it, i really wish people did research

Pvt_Forest_Gump said:

February 17th, 10:39 pm

The ability to send vids to friends, backwards compatibility, ability to put own background on, better free esclusives.

ibe6yoube9 said:

February 18th, 1:18 am

In fairness no one asked for anyone’s opinions regarding what features they want. Also, I doubt Sony’s going to waste any time on the PS3 and it’s features. It’s been out since 2006, if it’s not there it’s never going to be there.

Then again, I don’t understand why people get so excited for beta system update.

chunterosa said:

February 18th, 11:10 pm

banhammer… why don’t you just use the media player? all you need is a media server, which can be setup on your phone

osullytony said:

March 1st, 1:15 pm

@gohan16ken Pin Login already exists and has done for a while possibly since launch…

tommy50927 said:

March 6th, 12:04 pm

Agree support for external Hd drive I have movie collection would love to be able to watch on ps4

aaron_bush_96 said:

March 11th, 9:31 pm

Is the 10% reserve the same on the 1tb as the 500gb because the 500GB had 480gb space but the 1tb has 840gb space thats 150gb the reserve is taking up.

CapinChronic said:

February 17th, 3:10 am

Sweet :D

Mazyx said:

February 17th, 3:12 am

Add folders for the library and let me hide demos and betas.

Thanks

OptimalStorm said:

February 17th, 4:12 am

Awesome idea!

killemdaggett said:

February 17th, 5:29 am

Seconded (well, thirded)

NX_Nytrux said:

February 17th, 6:30 am

Great idea.

killa1b91 said:

February 17th, 3:15 am

Video chat, Skype, Oovoo, your own software or SOMETHING!

illusions_42 said:

February 17th, 5:23 am

Skype’s a Microsoft company. I highly doubt it will come to Playstation :?

jorge197 said:

February 17th, 6:04 am

“Video Chat” would be sweet!!

Vuors said:

February 17th, 6:11 am

Illusions, Skype was on the Vita.

Vuors said:

February 17th, 6:12 am

Also, oovoo was announced for PS4 ages ago.

drd7of14 said:

February 17th, 6:47 am

@vuors

Skype was on the VITA because it came out before MS purchased Skype.

P.S.-Do your research, inform yourself, and you’ll be better for it. It’s not hard…Usually

TwinDad said:

February 17th, 6:57 am

@drd7of14

Microsoft purchased Skype in May 2011. Playstation Vita was launched in February 2012.

It could be discussed if it was programmed before or after the purchase, the result is that MS owned Skype released a PlayStation product.

nunley33 said:

February 17th, 9:45 am

you’re thinking of Skype being on PSP before Microsoft bought them, not Vita.

nunley33 said:

February 17th, 10:00 am

There’s an episode of powers that shows PS4 video chat in it. Sony replied saying that was just demonstration and wasn’t real and it isn’t coming but oovoo is coming supposedly.

i_Rebel90z said:

February 17th, 3:19 am

Nice. I can’t wait to test it out. Would love to see small cosmetic changes to the UI having custom background. and will be cool to play PC games in the PS4 if it had a “Steam” Support emulator in the PlayStation 4.

Elmagrhi95 said:

February 17th, 3:39 am

you’re asking too much lol
    Steam emulator? seriously?

GGGGit said:

February 17th, 9:27 am

I always get a laugh in when someone suggests these “ideas “.

Dear Sony, heres our coding software. Love Steam! Not in a million years lol!

Michaux-0 said:

February 17th, 7:31 pm

Could we also get our Dualshocks to 3D print confections from the light bar that taste like butterscotch?

SpaceCowboy207 said:

March 13th, 10:46 am

Complete backwards compatibility, all the to the PS1. I have a huge library, would love to play my original FF7 again.

Merge3D2 said:

February 17th, 3:19 am

If i were to have the disc of a game and my friend was round and he signed in on his account, he could play it. But if i downloaded it he couldn’t. Please let us play other peoples content when you are on their primary ps4!

Aggie_CEO said:

February 17th, 3:23 am

you can do this already. I have 2 PS4, one is my primary. My kids can play the games on my Primary PS4.

Nathaniel_Wu said:

February 17th, 3:21 am

1. Folders plz!
2. Maybe add back the “Who has played” feature? Community can’t replace my friends.

Elmagrhi95 said:

February 17th, 3:41 am

Hey! from where did you get that Punished Snake avatar?

Nathaniel_Wu said:

February 18th, 4:04 am

To Elmagrhi95: it’s in the PS Store, for $0.49

irisngen said:

February 17th, 3:25 am

APPEAR OFFLINE!!!!!!!!!!

gameguy-23 said:

February 17th, 6:18 am

I completely agree sometimes I just want to play online without anybody bothering me.

WolfyHopeless said:

February 17th, 12:33 pm

Amongst the myriad of really, REALLY stupid ideas or feature asks, this is actually REALLY good.

Milkyy-iN said:

February 17th, 2:05 pm

THIS IS GREAT. I FEEL THEY SHOULD ADD THIS AS IT IS A GREAT FEATURE ON THE XBOX

gohan16ken said:

February 17th, 3:27 am

4. Please allow us to add a recovery email and phone number to our account.
5. If you are unable to support plug and play for external HDD, please change the backup feature to allow individual backup instead of an all backup.
6. Please make PS Now like PS Video or iTunes. Therefore, when a users to buy a game digitally from the PS Store, they can either download it for offline playing or stream it online. To cover the cost of the servers, charge a $5-10 PS Now upgrade fee. This should be with all PS3 and PS4 and be apart of your day 1 digital program. You should also do this with PS2 (and PS3) games re-released on PS4. To cover the upscaling, charge a $5-10 PS4 upgrade fee.

Thanks.

DarklingLewis said:

February 17th, 6:05 am

With regards to PlayStation Now game ownership, it’s not going to happen. The whole concept is still very early in development and hasn’t even rolled out globally. Because of the programmes uncertain future they won’t give ownership of content incase they decide to close the service down. It will come in time though.

TwinDad said:

February 17th, 7:04 am

#4 needs support from Sony. Please join the 21st century on internet security.

There is a idea on the blog share for purchasing content on PS Now, it is doing quite well. I’d like to see the ability to purchase the PS Now game too. Upgrading might work for others, I’d just like the ability to stream a game I want, when I want, for a reasonable fee.

gohan16ken said:

February 17th, 8:13 am

@DarklingLewis, I understand why Sony won’t give us a free PS Now copy of previously purchase PS3 digital game (server cost). I also understand why Sony won’t allow us to just outright buy PS Now games (see Onlive). Therefore, I am suggesting to make PS Now like PS Video with an additional fee. Allow users to buy a digital game for $60 and then pay an additional $5-10 fee to OWN a PS Now copy of the game. And for those who have previously purchased PS3 games, we can just pay the additional fee. I believe this would make PS Now like Digital Day 1 and avoid Sony having to get additional licensing agreements. But let us be honest, rental and subscriptions makes more money than ownership. Sony prefers to have us repurchase something instead of giving us BC. Thanks @TwinDad, I read that article and they make some good points pro and against it. This is why I am supporting a reasonable fee instead of just asking for it for free.

nunley33 said:

February 17th, 9:53 am

I’m for external HDD support like how PS3 had for playback of media but game installs isn’t gonna happen. Offline trophies would be nice too. I know the media player app does this but it isn’t as good as it was on PS3. I would like the option to copy pictures at least to the PS4 HDD with it’s own pictures folders.

nunley33 said:

February 17th, 9:53 am

gohan16ken said:

February 17th, 10:35 am

@nunley33 why is plug and play with external HDD not coming to the PS3? Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii, and Wii U has it. Why can’t the PS3 and PS4 have it too?

nunley33 said:

February 17th, 1:52 pm

PS3 already has what i mentioned in regards to media playback with external HDD and it’s better than what is available on PS4. @Gohan i take you’re referring to plug and play as install and play off the HDD, well that sounds pretty good but that not very likely to ever come to PS4. And it won’t come to PS3 because PS4 is their focus and it’s done being updated really, i do still use my PS3 though.

dr_DOOM69 said:

February 17th, 3:29 am

Add NTFS External hard drive support and MKV support!

djsaiyan said:

February 17th, 1:39 pm

PS4 has MKV support.

Ateam043 said:

February 17th, 3:29 am

I would be happy being able to finally using my Somy Bluetooth headsets.

I can get audio in but mic doesn’t work for whatever reason.

Andersmalta said:

February 17th, 3:32 am

4K support? Would be awesome

OptimalStorm said:

February 17th, 4:13 am

That’s be pretty sweet, sadly, I don’t have a 4k monitor, only a tv. I really don’t want to use a tv due to input lag and what have you.

MakoSOLIDER said:

February 17th, 5:29 am

This please! I have a 4K TV and want to use it!

Vuors said:

February 17th, 6:13 am

You can use your 4K TV. You’re the one stopping yourself.

nunley33 said:

February 17th, 1:59 pm

PS4 supports 4k video, blu-ray, and 4k images but not games. Maybe with PS5 but barely anyone has 4k tvs and there isn’t much 4k content now anyways aside from blu-ray.

Seurahepo said:

February 17th, 3:34 am

Please make it possible to remove or at least hide content I have bought but have no interest in any more (e.g. demos or PS Plus content that I did not like). They are cluttering up the library.

vex123456789 said:

February 17th, 8:21 am

If u have no insterest in some then just delete ur just wasteing ur hdd space

trace_hatake said:

February 17th, 11:52 am

@vex123456789 you can delete betas and demos however they still show up in your library to re-download. I personally have waaaaaaaaay too many alphas and betas on my PS4 library.

Rebel_Ghost_1861 said:

February 17th, 3:35 am

What we have all been begging for since day one…..ABILITY TO CHANGE PSN ID!

Elmagrhi95 said:

February 17th, 3:43 am

I don’t think that would happen.

Anton_Timo said:

February 17th, 3:47 am

Elmagrhi95 why don’t you think that would happen?
    Technology and servers are that far it is possible.
    If so many people want to change their ID it would just be the usual process or availability and once that user has been changed it can’t be changed again for say 6-12 months just like the deactivate all systems in SEN account online. Then after 6 months the ID could come back into the pool to use kind of like mobile numbers.

BrianWilson409 said:

February 17th, 6:17 am

They polled a few months ago on what people would like in future software updates and “ability to changed PSN ID” was among the choices. They are definitely considering it.

gameguy-23 said:

February 17th, 6:23 am

I completely agree I want to talk change my PSN ID too

TwinDad said:

February 17th, 7:11 am

To further beat the dead horse that is Change PSN ID. Shuhei Yoshida has said they heard it, they are asking their engineers to see if it is possible to implement.

Ever think why something so frequently asked for, early in fact as well, hasn’t happened?

In Japan, people can change their displayed name, not PSN. Give that a thought.

CptMorr1s said:

February 17th, 3:42 am

1. Customization for the home screen (pin, sort and hide items).

2. Wishlist on the console, not just the website.

3. PSN ID change.

vex123456789 said:

February 17th, 8:24 am

I would like some colors and ui cosmetic im tired of looking the same theme layout oh background options maybe a theme creator option to the ps4

Anton_Timo said:

February 17th, 3:43 am

4k support on ps3 and ps4
Probably the highest demands psn ID change!!!! Why can’t your servers allow this yet? Allow us to see our friends across all consoles ps3 still can’t see ps vita or ps4!! Why!? Ps vita can see ps3 and ps4 users.
Trophy delete like actually delete!!! Ps4 hides 0% trophies I sync sign in on ps3 and they are back -_- allow us to also delete trophies with a % why can’t we do this yet?! I have so many with 20% or less and would love to delete them permanently not hide just fully gone from server and from profile.

OptimalStorm said:

February 17th, 4:16 am

I agree with the PSN ID change. I doubt they could do 4K on the PS3, but on the PS4, it’s probably possible. I don’t really want a trophy delete system, it feels like a disaster waiting to happen. Everyone misclicks the delete button then R.I.P. everybody’s achievements lol.

minimox16 said:

February 17th, 8:45 am

@OptimalStorm

But they can fix it with like just one trophy set with % can be deleted in one month and if it has a plat or something you will get a confirmation email first in order to delete the trophy set with % .

I don’t know but im with Anton_Timo in delete trophies with %, because I have game with like 20% or 30% that cannot be completed anymore like EA create and one toro game from Japan etc. and that will ever be like that :(

hellseed72 said:

February 17th, 3:45 am

Please make it so i can use my ps3 dynamic backgrounds on ps4 :)

vex123456789 said:

February 17th, 8:28 am

Not gonna happen because ui for the ps4 is different from the ps3 sorry not possible structures of the ui are different where as the ps3 has 1 XMB screen interface the ps4 has 2

vex123456789 said:

February 17th, 8:30 am

So to apply a ps3 theme to a ps4 would make it look like a screwed painting a 3yr old did just saying

vex123456789 said:

February 17th, 8:33 am

And thats not to mention game luancher ui u see wen u press down on a game

pwobrien said:

February 17th, 3:48 am

Please include Canadians this time!

superawesomess24 said:

February 17th, 3:48 am

Cool

Tulsamac said:

February 17th, 3:49 am

Appear offline PLEASE!!!, Just for those times when you feel like an hour on a single player game without having to explain to your entire friends list why you are being antisocial. :)

AudioEppa said:

February 17th, 3:51 am

I have a question, will we be able to still remote play with ps4 within the beta testing? As I remember it being a problem last time.

Regardless if I get in or not, it’s good to see new features arriving, keep up the good work over there everyone!

Fuhr31 said:

February 17th, 3:57 am

How long is the Beta? When will these features be pushed to all PS users? Can we opt out or will we be forced in to features and changes that we do not want?

ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

February 21st, 5:56 am

As stated in the post, you CAN opt out of the beta if you wanted to.

mixedkidbx said:

February 17th, 4:07 am

It would be cool if you guys set up an automatic enrollment for those of us that were in the last system beta test and showed good faith that we did our job last time :)

unbaetedcheatah9 said:

February 17th, 4:09 am

1Please add the option to invite friends through the home screen and no through the game itself
2 make the home screen more like the Xbox 360 software with different pages you can go through like a apps page
a social page and a TV and movies page
(entertainment page)
A store page a browser page and of course a menu page

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

airJordan_Xx said:

February 17th, 4:10 am

Please add how much time played for games my parents say I spent too much time on 1 game so I would like to know how much time I have in games and for trophies let say you have 50 treasures you have 35/50 treasures simple feature

airJordan_Xx said:

February 17th, 4:12 am

And I mean you need 50 treasures to unlock trophy currently you have 35 / 50 treasures

CH3MiC_23 said:

February 20th, 2:51 am

I Give You 1000 Likes 4 That Trophy Feature.

FlashbackX01 said:

February 17th, 4:11 am

Please add more voice commands for the camera. Such as the ability to pause and play Netflix or Hulu.

KazeEternal said:

February 17th, 6:08 am

This has to be supported by hulu and Netflix. They made those apps. Though I do agree that sony should try to encourage better support for this feature.

unbaetedcheatah9 said:

February 17th, 4:13 am

Add the ability to change your psn name and if you want to prevent trolling then make it cost money

nobil_wOOdy_Wu said:

February 17th, 4:34 am

Hi. I want to see notification on my tv about incomming calls and sms because I always play using my headphones. What do You think about? Is this simple via adding necessary permissions to ps app?

BIGMAK343 said:

February 17th, 4:34 am

Would love to see backwards compatibility with PS3 titles. I mean come on I poured all this money into my PS3 and have games I can’t play anymore. How about throwing in a few things that your loyal customers have invested in.

airJordan_Xx said:

February 17th, 4:42 am

I agree it would be nice to have but let’s be real are you really going to play old games on your new console for example let’s say they add it and you go play mafia 2 or la noire your going to be like wow this game doesn’t look so good compared to now. Unless there was a way to make the games look Better. I had ps3 fat 60 gb and before it got yellow light of death I played 1 ps2 game on it he 2 years I had it

KazeEternal said:

February 17th, 6:14 am

Airjordan. Some of us do play old games still. Right now I’m playing legend of heroes trails in the sky, a psp game on my vita. I’m still playing PS 3 games I haven’t finished right now, I would rather play it using my ps4. This is going to be a bigger problem next gen as graphics plateaus from generation to generation.

That being said the ps4 can’t support an acceptable form of backward compatiblity for ps3. It can however do so for ps1 classics and ps2 games at no additional cost. I’m certainly for that prospect.

Sereal_Killer said:

February 17th, 4:40 am

Why not make this beta testing an opt-in opt-out service instead of having to always re-apply for the beta tests.

I do hope for folders and the ability to better sort/hide library items.
also a video chat of any kind would be a nice add-on.
also appear offline and log-on notifications would be nice(must be optional).

I also want PSN-id change but i see this as a psn feature that should be tested first via account mannager and not as an OS feature.

suicideking42019 said:

February 17th, 4:42 am

the next update should have it to where you can Bluetooth damn near any headset to the ps4. i have a set of turtle beach earforce px4 that i got when i got my ps4 they are Bluetooth but will not connect to ps4 always says file type not supported, this would be a major fix maybe then i wouldn’t have to run this wire from my controller to headset just to be ale to chat.

Dialz101 said:

February 17th, 4:47 am

The ability to change psn id would be great i have the worst psn id haha
And would love to have something cool as my psn id

JeRzYzFyNeSt said:

February 17th, 4:48 am

Friends Notification!!!
New Features!!!!
New Features!!!

as in PS4 Features not Social Features to promote PS4 thruuu

JeRzYzFyNeSt said:

February 17th, 4:50 am

Have Notification Pop-UP of How Many Friends are playing the Game i just started up!!

VeritableHero said:

February 17th, 4:51 am

Not really a PS4 problem due to the library but man would I love the ability to sort / filter items on the download list. This is on the web site and the PS Vita. Having it display all items, even demos I downloaded 5 years ago on a different system, is just silly.

Daddypugh78 said:

February 17th, 4:53 am

Hi I would like to sign up for beta please

Vuors said:

February 17th, 6:15 am

Do it then

Dez_Monsta said:

February 17th, 4:54 am

Appear offline or at least non gaming app status online status updates like Netflix, Twitch, YouTube etc

TheRealFIS said:

February 17th, 4:54 am

Add an appear offline feature so that my friend dont session join my lobby during a game and ruin the experience for me

Superstone said:

February 17th, 4:56 am

Backwards compatible and external hard drive support please. One library, one console.

InfamousInsania said:

February 17th, 4:57 am

We need god damn skype, and to play ps2 discs on our ps4 I dont want to rebuy my games lol

Sereal_Killer said:

February 17th, 5:02 am

forgot to add i also want the small media player back because you cant launch any music atm when you are already playing a game.
    You have to remember to launch spotify/media player before you start a game.

Vuors said:

February 17th, 6:16 am

If you already have the discs, surely you’d still have the console, right?

Adrenalynx said:

February 17th, 1:19 pm

You can never play ps2 discs on a ps4.. just like you couldnt on ps3 without having a b/c system, which cost more than the other systems, and was discontinued due to cost. Keep your old systems to play old games, or pay a fee to play the downloadable upgraded versions

D4VID__1247 said:

February 17th, 5:04 am

I wish I could remove the trophies that I would not have.

I know it is already possible to remove the games with zero trophy but not delete those that were complete 1% …

Thanks

chillywill682 said:

February 17th, 5:06 am

I have a gta5 account on ps3 but hated my id so when i bought my ps4 changed my id but now my level 285 and all my money and cars are left behind on my ps3 but i want to get gta5 for my ps4 but don’t and won’t start from scratch.
Please make it so i can bring my gta5 and other games that are on both ps4 and ps3 to my new psn id.

Vuors said:

February 17th, 6:18 am

You have to contact R* about that. That ID is trash too.

nunley33 said:

February 17th, 9:26 am

That ID is lame,i can see why you’re wanting to change it lol.And yes,contact RockStar.

olldsmolls said:

February 17th, 5:28 am

hamburger design for UI like new xbox UI thanks sony new Ui please

KazeEternal said:

February 17th, 6:16 am

Pass, xbone ui is still terrible. I’d rather sony stick to what they have then waste time and resources trying to fix what isn’t broken.

Champy2619 said:

February 17th, 5:31 am

Can have a setting where you can change where the notifications are cause it is so annoying when I get a notification while playing call of duty and bring back when a friend comes online because i am sick of constantly checking if someone has come online yet.

Champy2619 said:

February 17th, 5:32 am

Oh about the notifications display, maybe on the right and not the left or the middle,bottom etc

PanTheMan16 said:

February 17th, 5:33 am

1) Add all of the features that the PS3 had and integrate them as well as they are on PS3. Once PS4 catches up to PS3, we can start thinking about new things.

Allow us to import and export music, photos and videos the same way we could last generation. Allow us to create music playlists, and then encourage game developers to support them as BGM in games, like we could in GT5, for example.
Allow us to mass delete our messages. Allow us to mass clear our upload history.Allow us to appear offline. Revamp the UI so the friends list is prominent, as it was on PS3, and not a tucked-away category (isn’t this supposed to be “the most socially-connected console”?)

So yeah, I don’t ask for much. Only that the PS4 be as good as the PS3 was, if not better.

KILLZONE79 said:

February 17th, 5:33 am

2 main features i want:
Friend online/offline notifications
No more group messages, friends hate being in one group with a burning passion, they get so mad to be honest! So instead of group messaging have it where messages are sent to each individual thats been checkmarked

GrimReaper6116 said:

February 17th, 5:38 am

Join Playstation plus then Sony will talk to you :-)

Vuors said:

February 17th, 6:18 am

Sony hasn’t spoken to you. ^

KILLZONE79 said:

February 17th, 6:23 am

1 year playstation plus expired sunday feb 14th so now im broke til i get paid

nunley33 said:

February 17th, 9:19 am

The notifications are basic features that everyone will get with no plus required,some play mostly single player games. Use a premium avatar and maybe some will talk to you GrimReaper :p

GrimReaper6116 said:

February 17th, 5:34 am

Nice :)

bajraktaribros said:

February 17th, 5:37 am

Please add the ability to change our psn id’s. We’ve been wanting it forever now, yet nothing

Vuors said:

February 17th, 6:20 am

Not Sony’s fault you chose a bad name. But, I get why you’d want it. Looking at your name.

nunley33 said:

February 17th, 9:14 am

LMAO yeah i can see why you would wanna change that name

gus_xl said:

February 17th, 5:46 am

The only thing I would really want is the ability to remove things from my library. Or move things to a folder to forget about them.. Old betas.. add-ons without the games.. PT..

Kaijukodan said:

February 17th, 5:48 am

Notification when a friend comes online.
Hide demos
Hide prevuously downloaded games that have been deleted
Folders

joaopr3 said:

February 17th, 1:27 pm

Will be nice to have in the 3.5 version the game folders like the PS3 and the Main Screen would receive a remodel to have more usability.
    Thank you.