God of War

Mar 09

Mar 09

Doom: Closed Beta Date

Anne Lewis's Avatar Posted by Associate Content Manager, Bethesda

Bloody. Brutal. And VERY fast. Doom’s multiplayer is not for the faint of heart. Will you be ready to step into the arena when the game launches on May 13 on PS4?

If you purchased Wolfenstein: The New Order on PS4 or PS3, you’ll be able to experience the Doom multiplayer weeks ahead of the game’s May launch date. We’ll be running a closed beta for those eligible between March 31 and April 3. To check eligibility requirements, please visit doom.com/beta. Participants will be able to try out Team Deathmatch and the recently revealed Warpath mode on two maps: Heatwave and Infernal. Be the first to check out never-before-seen weapons, armor sets, taunts and hack modules.

All you have to do to access the closed beta is redeem the beta code you received with your copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order if you have not already done so. Follow the code activation instructions for PS4.

Add Your Own

MolotovMan1263 said:

March 9th, 7:09 am

Can’t wait to give it a go!

Vyprstryke said:

March 9th, 7:12 am

Awesome! Was in the alpha but I was never able to get into a match =(

mdnytecartunr said:

March 9th, 7:15 am

Were there codes included with digital purchases of The New Order? I don’t recall seeing one, if so.

CapJSheridan said:

March 9th, 7:18 pm

maybe if you bought digital it will appear naturally on the PS Store

Solh0und said:

March 9th, 7:16 am

If I was in the Alpha, will I be granted Beta access?

abcool0201 said:

March 29th, 11:03 am

Yup
    Fellow Alpha Tester!

gus_xl said:

March 9th, 7:51 am

Is it weird that I don’t want to do any more betas until Sony let’s me hide them in my library? I just have too many hanging out now.

Xanthus179 said:

March 9th, 9:13 am

I’m beginning to feel the same way. Will I really have to keep scrolling by that Batterfield Hardline Beta, and Planetside 2 beta, and all the others for years to come? It’s probably one of the few things that really annoys me with this console. Just let me delete the license I had for the game, or yeah, hide it from my library.

Killa-B187 said:

March 29th, 10:35 am

Not at all! I was just going through my library earlier today and couldn’t believe all the clutter from Betas & Demos & games I’ll never ever play. Then minutes later, I received my e-mail about the closed DOOM Beta and I am hesitant to throw another piece of clutter in there that I’ll only be able to use for 3 days.

At least it doesn’t take up space, but come on Sony, let us delete demos and alphas/betas from our library! Your kicking my OCD into overdrive!

Scaramanga1983 said:

March 9th, 8:21 am

Where’s the trailer?

Xanthus179 said:

March 9th, 9:14 am

Plenty of them on youtube. Here’s one just posted today:

Welmosca said:

March 9th, 9:31 am

Shame…game should have an open-beta.I didn’t have time to buy Wolfenstein yet.

Vidarcr said:

March 9th, 10:25 am

Trailer?

kuhadan-86 said:

March 9th, 11:05 am

I totally agree with you welmosca making a closed beta just makes the game loses new consumers to buy a new product released i know that the doom franchise it’s well known around the world but doing this it’s not a clever decision for a developer team … shame on you bethesda team …shame on you.

helfish said:

March 30th, 2:07 am

They would have to be pretty certain things were going to be spot on otherwise they’d get a trashing in the post-beta reviews, that’s the only problem. I’d love the Beta to be open so I could get my mates in but overloading on the test period would be a nightmare for them in the long run. Won’t be a long time until the full game’s released though (not just an episode! :D ) so I’ll see you on there, RIP and TEAR bro!

cubbielovr said:

March 9th, 11:45 am

You should totally push this on VIDJAGAME APOCALYPSE soon. Just sayin’!

ZombieRollz said:

March 9th, 4:49 pm

This looks so good!!!

darklink415 said:

March 9th, 7:02 pm

What the ****, the closed beta is only available to people who bought wolfenstein? I ******* hate wolfenstein. You know what, I pre-ordered this game almost immediately after it went up at gamestop and I switched that pre-order over to the collector’s edition as soon as it was available. Why the hell don’t I get to play in the beta?

Letters2Kay said:

March 9th, 7:04 pm

Why on earth is that site age-gated? So stupid.

aterumdominus said:

March 9th, 7:18 pm

I am semi psyched but closed beta for pvp makes me question the real doom base gameplay. I would only hope they let us play something other than just team vs team.

D-Squad3 said:

March 9th, 8:04 pm

Wait, you’re telling me that people who preordered the game like myself (pre ordered the Collector’s Edition) aren’t even gonna get the chance to play the beta? Way to go bethesda.

Harerazer said:

March 10th, 6:41 am

Please tell me you incorporated the Legacy configuration.
Legacy = first day purchase
No Legacy = no purchase

TallMasta said:

March 28th, 2:34 am

I still have the Open Alpha on my console, I put in my code again in the ps store and the alpha popped up again… Will this be the same program to play both? Is there an update? Was my code Wolfenstein only good for either the alpha or the beta but not both? Help, please.

abcool0201 said:

March 29th, 11:05 am

Its a update.
    If it doesnt update itself, delete and redownload the closed alpha

poke_smot said:

March 31st, 7:00 am

Oh yeah because I saved the little piece of paper for three years with the beta code on it way to go jack***es who the **** gives a beta code 3 years in advance !