Overwatch

Mar 13

Mar 13

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 3/15/2015

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

A game of powerful heroes, intense strategy, and last-minute victories. Paragon early access begins March 18th and aims to open up MOBAs to the masses.

Designed by the team at Epic Games, Paragon puts a third-person twist on MOBAs with a diverse roster of heroes and tactile combat. Enter the fray and defend your base from the ever-encroaching march of the opposing team. With heart-pounding five-on-five matches, Paragon will change the way you compete on PS4.

For those that simply can’t wait until Friday, Salt and Sanctuary launches this week on PS4. With brutal 2D combat and a robust item crafting system, this gothic adventure is Ska Studios’ most ambitious project to date.

For a full list of news games coming to PlayStation, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

New Releases: March 15th, 2016
Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail

Aegis of Earth

Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault is a frenetic and explosive new spin on action strategy gaming. Plan out and build up your defenses as hordes of hulking monstrosities bombard your heavily fortified city in an attempt to wipe you off the Earth for good!

Arcade Archives Bubble Bobble
PS4 — Digital

Arcade Archives Bubble Bobble

Bubble Bobble is an action game that was released by TAITO in 1986. Players control the twin Bubble Dragons that are called Bubblun and Bobblun, and travel through one hundred different stages. The game became popular and led to a long series of sequels and spin-offs.

Candlelight
PS4 — Digital

Candlelight

After a mysterious entity extinguishes all the candles in the land, a lone surviving candle sets out on a most important adventure to bring light back to the land.

D/Generation HD
PS4 — Digital

D/Generation HD

A virus has escaped at Genoq HQ in London, and Derrida, the lead scientist at Genoq, has asked you to help save the day. D/Generation was a popular isometric puzzle game written in 1991 by Robert Cook. D/Generation HD has been recreated from the original source code and contains all the original features and puzzles but in glorious HD.

EA Sports UFC 2
PS4 — Digital, Retail

EA Sports UFC 2
EA Sports UFC 2 is the complete fighting experience you have been waiting for. With a bigger roster of fighters, stunning character visuals, and a revolutionary new Knockout Physics System, finishing the fight has never been more real and satisfying.

Joe Dever’s Lone Wolf Console Edition
PS4 — Digital (Out 3/16)

Joe Dever's Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf, the fantasy fiction/RPG gamebook classic by Joe Dever, is re-imagined for a new generation with a brand-new story, deep combat system, stunning graphics, and much more! Make meaningful choices and carve your own path through this epic non-linear adventure.

Murasaki Mist: Akara’s Journey
PS Vita — Digital

Murasaki Mist

Accompany Akara in a long journey that will take her to the deep bowels of Hell itself. Gameplay is fast-paced, with many monsters and demons offering a frenetic challenge while the player hacks his way through.

Paragon (Early Access)
PS4 — Digital (Opens March 18th for Founders)

Paragon on PS4
Paragon is a MOBA from Epic Games that puts you in the fight with explosive action, direct third-person control, and deep strategic choice.

Salt and Sanctuary
PS4 — Digital

Salt and Sanctuary
A doomed sailor is shipwrecked on an uncharted island. In fog-shrouded valleys, where grinning, mossy corpses cling to rusted arms, shambling figures begin to stir. Salt and Sanctuary combines fast, brutal 2D combat with richly developed RPG mechanics. Explore a cursed realm of forgotten cities, blood-soaked dungeons, desecrated monuments, and the fallen lords they once celebrated.

Samurai Warriors 4 Empires
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital (PS4 Version at Retail)

Samurai Warriors 4 Empires

Samurai Warriors 4 Empires provides an alternative take on the events depicted in Samurai Warriors 4, using the historical landscape as a setting for an exciting strategy-focused game. Players have the opportunity to create their own character to serve in the lower ranks of the army, gradually rising through the ranks to eventually rule the entire land through their conquests.

Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO
PS4 — Digital
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
PS4, PS Vita — Digital, Retail

Senran Kagura Estival Versus

A mystical phenomenon transports the shapely shinobi of the titular series to a parallel dimension to face off against their rivals in a new kind of battle. In this strange-but-sunny island paradise, the girls find themselves face to face with their departed loved ones. Can they bear to part from them a second time? Senran Kagura Estival Versus boasts more moves, more story, more attitude, and more destruction.

Sheltered
PS4 — Digital

Sheltered on PS4
Sheltered is a deep and emotional survival and post-apocalyptic disaster management game. After a global apocalypse, a frightened family finds its way to a deserted shelter. You take on the role of protecting four family members. Their wellbeing and survival is your responsibility. One mistake, one bad decision, and a loved one is gone forever.

Tetrobot and Co.
PS4 — Digital

Tetrobot and Co.

Help Maya guide Psychobot through Tetrobot’s cogs and circuits: by swallowing blocks of matter and spitting them out, we can repair anything. Learn how pipes, lasers, fans, and other electronic devices work, learn how to alter the chemical properties of slime, and collect all the memory blocks that you find on the way.

PlayStation Music Logo

• ILOVEMAKONNEN — Drink More Water 6
  • Baauer — Aa
  • HÆLOS — Full Circle

PlayStation Video Logo

• The Hateful Eight
  • Concussion (2015)
  • Point Break (2015)

PlayStation Vue Logo

• 2016 NCAA March Madness — Begins March 15 (TBS, CBS, TNT and truTV)
  • NCIS — March 15 at 8/7c (CBS)
  • The Americans — March 16 at 10/9c (FX)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

JohnPaul-Wiggin said:

March 13th, 10:03 am

First!

Soleiko said:

March 13th, 11:25 am

First to reply to “First!”
    Oh, that was just as stupid as the original comment, my bad.

BlaizeV said:

March 13th, 11:35 am

Not as Stupid as this one! … THIRD! … in this comment thread

MakaiOokami said:

March 13th, 2:10 pm

FISH!

CommandingTiger said:

March 13th, 6:33 pm

Can’t wait for bubble bobble.
    This is an issue that needs to be addressed, games made on unity are poorly optimized for the PS4.
    I believe it is due to the PS4 using GDDR5 ram instead of DDR3 ram.
    DDR3 is smart RAM with pre-existing coding that GDDR5 is not but more flexible.
    Whatever the case may be, please fix it so that games will run smoother on the PS4.
    I got Broforce dropping frame rates to the teens, it’s unacceptable for such a next generation console, the PS3 would have handled it better.

FeistFan said:

March 14th, 2:47 pm

@CommandingTiger said: “DDR3 is smart RAM with pre-existing coding that GDDR5 is not but more flexible.”

I know the difference between DDR3 and DDR5, and I have no clue what you just said. In any case, the difference between DDR3 and DDR5 shouldn’t have any role in this at all, except to improve the overall performance as the CPU has to spend even fewer cycles waiting for the RAM and more cycles actually churning away at data.

That said, if you’re complaining about Unity-based games performing poorly on the PS4, I do believe you’re talking to the wrong people. This is a Playstation forum. I’m sure there’s a Unity forum out there, probably one for developers and another for game-players, to go discuss performance issues. They’re the ones who would need to address problems with their software platform having poor support for any particular hardware platform.

matdub69 said:

March 15th, 10:09 am

Do you win anything?

whereymyconary said:

March 13th, 10:04 am

Senran Kagura Estival Versus! I’m saddened and excited since it looks like it’s back ordered. But also means my copies going to take a bit to come.

Letters2Kay said:

March 14th, 10:52 am

Amazon shipped my PS4 copy this AM. So excited, I love this series so much. Hope yours is on the way soon!

timbrown1581 said:

March 14th, 7:09 pm

And Fedex Ground shall deliver it!

Mia_MooMoo said:

March 15th, 3:03 am

Got a vita one preodered and getting the ps4 one digital!

Fin1drful said:

March 13th, 10:11 am

Salt and Sanctuary!!!! Nothing more to be said.

JinZer069 said:

March 13th, 10:12 am

Hope we Vita gamers don’t wait too long for a Salt and Sanctuary port?

God that game is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

viceforce said:

March 13th, 10:16 am

Salt and Sanctuary. more like Blood & Borne

SinceByDarren said:

March 13th, 10:32 am

Bloodborne? More like Dark Souls.

Dark Souls? More like Demon’s Souls.

Demon’s Souls? More like King’s Field.

King’s Field? More like…

Aeirou said:

March 13th, 10:29 am

Fallout 4 dlc? :(

shogun00 said:

March 13th, 7:59 pm

The Drop doesn’t list new DLC releases. It just lists new game releases.

FaLLeN_717 said:

March 13th, 10:47 am

I am waiting for a strong sale with $5-10 priced games. Have some money burning my pocket but Sony doesn’t want to take it :(

gohan16ken said:

March 13th, 10:58 am

I love PS3!

artartistmuse said:

March 13th, 11:13 am

I am so all about both Lone Wolf and Bubble Bobble. Man do I feel old now.

gamer_316 said:

March 13th, 11:15 am

Looking forward to Senran Kagura: Estival Versus, loved Shinobi Versus on the Vita and been waiting on this since it came out in Japan.

Letters2Kay said:

March 14th, 10:55 am

Same, I imported Shinovi and then played it again in English, so I opted to just wait for the translation this time around. Imported Valkyrie Drive on Vita and it is almost as good as SK, though a little lighter on replay value. Highly recommended! Hope you enjoy Estival Versus tomorrow!

Soleiko said:

March 13th, 11:27 am

I’m curious about Salt and Sanctuary. Might have to check it out. Something to kill time until Dark Souls 3.

TheHerbinator75 said:

March 13th, 11:38 am

Salt and Sanctuary for me this week though I am curious about Lone Wolf too.

LeandroDiFini said:

March 13th, 11:46 am

UFC! UFC! UFC!!!
mmm… and Senran Kagura…. Good week for us MMA/Anime folks.

CrimsonNemo said:

March 13th, 11:58 am

I can’t wait to get Salty in a Sanctuary.

fisheye11 said:

March 13th, 12:20 pm

Been waiting a little while for Salt and Sanctuary. I have it both pre-ordered and pre-loaded.

Huntyboy102 said:

March 13th, 12:24 pm

Please bring the Arcade Archive games to Vita

CommandingTiger said:

March 13th, 6:35 pm

Great idea. While they’re at it, bring the PS1 and PS2 classics from the PS3/PSP/Vita unto the PS4.

TOUGHDUDE94 said:

March 14th, 5:36 am

Yes that be cool.

helbertpina said:

March 13th, 12:27 pm

Hope there’s an interesting sale this week (besides the Naughty Dog one, of course)!

nanaki85 said:

March 13th, 12:30 pm

So many great memories playing Bubble Bobble, and tons of other NES games with my brother that has passed away :(
would love to see more! :)

dkarlowicz10 said:

March 13th, 12:32 pm

I played bubble bobble to death when I was a kid. A game like this and PS2 classics (from PS4) should also be playable on Vita. I would love to play San Andreas on the go.

Fuepepe said:

March 13th, 12:33 pm

Bubble Bobble!!!! This is an amazing NES gem that has 2 player couch coop. (If you game over you can just continue from the level you left off from) Anyone who isn’t from this generation should dive back and play this game from the 80’s it’s really really good.

Rezznak said:

March 13th, 12:39 pm

can we please just get an Alienation preorder option or U.S. blog update on the game? For christ sakes it’s a big game for Sony why not shine more light on it?

Superstone said:

March 13th, 12:56 pm

Please bring the Arcade Archive games to Vita

gameman15 said:

March 13th, 6:34 pm

Probably not gonna happen to due there being little-to-no support for the PS Vita from both Sony and third-parties.

CaruthK said:

March 13th, 1:04 pm

i don’t care for nothing else on this weeks list. Only Paragon I need that game in my life right now. I’m so excited to play it. Yes for TP-MOBA’s I can’t wait..

Kishnabe said:

March 13th, 1:18 pm

Yes, to Estival Versus.

Everything else not so much.

Letters2Kay said:

March 14th, 10:57 am

EV should keep you busy for a while, though. TONS of characters to play through (28?), can’t wait!

edgehead22 said:

March 13th, 2:30 pm

Still no Unepic? The Dev said it should be out this week…

SongbirdsRevenge said:

March 13th, 2:47 pm

What’s the status of Shadow of the Beast?

Asshawk said:

March 13th, 3:19 pm

Estival Versus hype! Thank you based xseed

GunsAndRoses4eva said:

March 13th, 4:23 pm

I’m really getting sick of the **** games getting released on the current green consoles. Release something ******* worthwhile on the Stores already instead of indie crap.

IcedDice777 said:

March 13th, 5:09 pm

Uhmm, Paragon looks great but sadly i’m not into Mobas or Free to play games Always online games…So game dismissed.

Will add Salt and Sanctuary, Lone wolf and Sheltered to my collection :)

Arcade Archives continue to be overpriced imho.

My .02

Seluhir said:

March 16th, 7:26 am

So… the game is free, and you’re not even going to give it a chance even though it looks interesting?

That seems like…. a strange mindset.

MOBAs are a big genre and not all of them play the same, you might love this one if you just give it a shot.

It might be time to stop judging based off of labels, and in stead judge based off of gameplay. It’d be one thing if there was a specific gameplay component about the game that you knew you hated(like, for example, you hate over the shoulder viewpoints or something like that)… but you’re judging based off of a label, the fact that you don’t need to buy it and the fact that it uses the internet… and entirely dismissing it despite the fact that it looks interesting?

navcomm81 said:

March 13th, 5:42 pm

Bubble Bobble rocks, but I won’t pay whatever insane price they’re offering it for.

I’ll stick to playing it free on my PC and S7 Edge.

rabidninjamonky said:

March 13th, 7:01 pm

I would’ve bought Salt and Sanctuary for vita. Hopefully we won’t have to wait long for the vita version. At least it looks like Axiom Verge for vita is finally coming. Better a year late than never, I guess.

Tinye310 said:

March 13th, 7:40 pm

Senran Kagura! I can’t wait to have you! Some of these games look interesting I didn’t know were coming out. Also, Salt and Sanctuary so tempting but I think I’ll wait til my backlog be more free. >.>

poodude said:

March 13th, 8:36 pm

Salt and Sanctuary for me. Watched a trailer for Candlelight and that looks really cool as well. Might check it out.

LaurenLark said:

March 13th, 11:18 pm

Why is it when I clicked on D/Generation HD ‘s Icon graphic pic that was taken to Yahoo’s home search page????? Things that make ya go Hmmmmm

VinsanityV21 said:

March 13th, 11:26 pm

Aegis of Earth looks… interesting. I think? It’s hard to find much about it to really get a good look at it, and since it’s Aksys, I doubt it’ll get much coverage anyway. Still, it kinda has a Sim Cit… no, Cities Skylines(EA’s game is dead to us, after all)-meets-Tower Defense vibe, which is a game design hybrid I wanna see :) Toss some anime graphics on top of it all and it sounds like it should be a winner! I just hope I can see if it actually IS that some time this week. A Game Informer Test Chamber, a Giant Bomb Quick Look, something; I really hope some coverage gets thrown Aegis’ way.

sNsKid said:

March 14th, 5:27 am

The Drop looks good this week,

timbrown1581 said:

March 14th, 7:08 pm

Fedex Ground shall deliver it

Xil_Eonz said:

March 14th, 6:04 am

Paragon Founders >:) gunna be fun

Kaznasty- said:

March 14th, 6:18 am

I’ve been keeping an eye out for Salt & Sanctuary for a looooong time and can’t wait for it to come to Vita! Unfortunately, side-scrollers like this just don’t work for me on PS4 where I reserve my play time for games that make the most of the hardware. S&S is a perfect fit for Vita though! I know it’s cross-buy, but announce a release date on my handheld I’ll throw money at it faster than you can say “what’s a Vita”.

nevets_78 said:

March 14th, 6:56 am

Sweet! Bubble Bobble!! Please tell me it has trophies!?!? Also bring BUST-A-MOVE! Fantastic game that needs to be brought to a new gen! My kids are 7 and 5 and they need to try the games i grew up on! Also bring this stuff to the VITA!! VITA FTW!!

shirogane20 said:

March 14th, 8:09 am

That murasaki mist seems pretty interesting.

cusman said:

March 14th, 9:22 am

Out of these, I go for Salt and Sanctuary (that co-op trailer they shared recently with the husband/wife developers sold me)

KoldStrejke said:

March 14th, 10:48 am

Salt and Sanctuary, looks to be even better then Bloodborne. been waiting for this to come out. it looks fun. allready preordered it. the bloodborne thing was in jest.

intheface88 said:

March 14th, 10:53 am

Can not wait for ALL of the Salt….and Sanctuary. So happy that this game is coming out first among the Indie games being released over the next couple months. They all look great, and I’ll likely get all of them, but I’ve been looking forward to this game just as much as any AAA title. Can’t wait to play.

Zamorian79 said:

March 14th, 3:18 pm

Great week! I pre-ordered Senran Kagura EV Collector’s Edition. Can’t wait! I’m also very interested on Bubble Bobble, fantastic game. Used to spent a lot of quarters in that arcade. The AA games are priced too high in my opinion, but the games are fantastic!

chipper4444 said:

March 14th, 3:19 pm

Just wondering i see all these games on ps store that release 4\5\6 months i can’t figure out why theirs no release date for and preorder for trackmania turbo 2 it releasees before those other games?

gaia_15 said:

March 14th, 6:59 pm

plz bring a Re-master of the Ty The Tasmanian Tiger to us

Valormok said:

March 14th, 7:10 pm

Salt and Sanctuary has good music. pre-ordered the game… but I want the music.

Circuitburnout said:

March 15th, 6:00 am

Solid line up this week!

TheMagz2015 said:

March 15th, 6:23 am

I just wish that Playstation would set it so that the store is DONE refreshing at midnight for the next day for the new titles. That way we wouldn’t have to wait all day long to get the game we want.

Jay-Matrix said:

March 15th, 1:30 pm

Kinda bummed, that Crash games aren’t included in the Naughty Dog sale.