Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Apr 03

Apr 03

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 4/5/2016

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

As ships push further into the debris-littered field of stars, bulbs of energy and spinning missiles light up space as a new battle erupts. Two teams clash for control with a dying star as their backdrop. Dead Star launches this week on PS4, and it’s free for PlayStation Plus members!

Dead Star fuses the action-oriented play of twin-stick shooters with the rich strategy of team-based competition. Taking cues from action RPGs and MOBAs, Dead Star pits two teams against each other in a battle of resources, weaponry, and wit. Select a suitable ship and punch through asteroid fields, battling the opposition, upgrading defenses, and securing a strategic victory among the stars.

For a full list of the incredible games coming to PlayStation this week, read on! And enjoy the Drop.

New Releases: April 5, 2016
A Virus Named Tom
PS Vita — Digital (Free with PS Plus)

A Virus Named Tom

A perfect place. A city without traffic. A dog that doesn’t poop. All products of the brilliant mind of Dr. X, but hell hath no fury like a mad scientist fired by a giant corporation. In this unique action-puzzler you take control of Tom, a virus created for one purpose: revenge. Hack your way through brain scrambling puzzles while maneuvering through a thumb-cramping maze of enemies.

Amplitude
PS3 — Digital (Cross Buy with PS4)

Amplitude

Amplitude is the long anticipated, crowdfunded reboot of the 2003 cult classic rhythm action game from Harmonix. The experience you know and love has been updated with a new soundtrack and fresh visuals, rebuilt from the ground up.

Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Trilogy
PS Vita — Digital, Retail

Assassin's Creed Chronciles Trilogy

Explore three distinct civilizations and periods throughout history including the Ming dynasty’s downfall in China, the Sikh Empire in India, and the aftermath of the Red October revolution in Russia. Embody Assassins Shao Jun, Arbaaz Mir, and Nikolaï Orelov in a 2.5D reimagining of the Assassin’s Creed universe.

Battleborn Open Beta
PS4 — Digital (Begins 4/8)

Battleborn on PS4
A tremendous band of badass heroes fight to protect the universe’s very last star from a mysterious evil in this next-gen shooter by the creators of Borderlands. Slash and parry, run and gun, cast and dash, or simply obliterate foes while building and growing your personal team of heroes.

Bounce Rescue!
PS4 — Digital

Bounce Rescue!

The Evil Devil has landed on earth with the intention of taking over the world. He manages to capture two members of the team and escape to Darkland. Outraged by this, the team goes on a mission to save their captured members from the Evil Devil.

Dead Star
PS4 — Digital (Free with PS Plus)

Dead Star
Dead Star is an online multiplayer space shooter, combining the fast-paced feel of arcade classics with modern RPG elements. Fight in procedurally generated battlefields, earning loot and levels to further customize your experience — including a massive warship used to invade live player matches.

Dirt Rally
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Dirt Rally on PS4
Dirt Rally is the most authentic and thrilling rally game ever made, road-tested over 80 million miles by the Dirt community. It perfectly captures that white-knuckle feeling of racing on the edge as you hurtle along dangerous roads at breakneck speed.

Enter the Gungeon
PS4 — Digital

Enter the Gungeon
Enter the Gungeon is a gunfight dungeon crawler following a band of misfits seeking to shoot, loot, dodge roll, and table-flip their way to personal absolution by reaching the legendary Gungeon’s ultimate treasure: the gun that can kill the past.

Green Game: Timeswapper
PS Vita — Digital (Out 4/4)

Green Game: Timeswapper

A highly addictive 2D puzzle game bearing the one-more-try-and-I-quit syndrome. You control time to activate and deactivate various mechanisms in a mysterious green world. Find one of many ways to the end of 50 levels.

Lovely Planet
PS4 — Digital

Lovely Planet on PS4
With boots of speed on your feet, an infinite supply of bullets for your semi-automatic, and the ability to jump over twice your own height, you’re well equipped to go up against any enemy on your quest to reach Lovely Planet!

Mega Man Legends 2
PSone Classic — Digital

Mega Man Legends 2

Join Mega Man on another exciting adventure in search of a mysterious girl and a legendary treasure. Explore more environments and plenty of dungeons to find the Sealed Key to unlock the Great Legacy — a mystery that could either boon or curse mankind.

Skullgirls 2nd Encore
PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy with PS4)

Skullgirls 2nd Encore
Skullgirls 2nd Encore is a beautiful, fast-paced 2D fighter that puts players in control of fierce warriors in an extraordinary Dark Deco world. Each of the 14 wildly original characters features unique gameplay mechanics and plenty of personality.

Stikbold!
PS4 — Digital

Stikbold! on PS4
Stikbold! is a groovy 70s-themed multiplayer dodgeball game with intense, quirky arenas and chaos-inducing random events that change the outcome of each round.

PlayStation Music Logo

• Skizzy Mars — Alone Together
  • Krizz Kaliko — Go
  • Deftones — Gore

PlayStation Video Logo

• Ip Man Trilogy
  • Batman: Bad Blood – 3 Film Collection
  • Joy

PlayStation Vue Logo

• iHeartRadio Music Awards – April 3 at 8/7c (TBS, TNT, truTV)
  • The Powerpuff Girls – April 4 at 6/5c (Cartoon Network)
  • Adult Swim Golf Classic – April 8 at 11:30/10:30c (Adult Swim)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

SureBigBuster said:

April 3rd, 10:09 am

All I want is DARK SOULS!!! April 12th can’t come soon enough dammit…

G-Force08 said:

April 3rd, 7:36 pm

Ratchet & Clank is next for me (Also April 12th).

xxdmcgee2288xx said:

April 4th, 6:13 am

Amen to that brother!! Praise the sun! Sunbros for life. So happy this is the first comment on this forum! I preordered it on the store and the countdown begins.. We are like 7 days and like less than 14 hours and 45 minutes from download launch!! Hell yes man. Dark souls 3 FTW!

SureBigBuster said:

April 4th, 11:39 am

Sunbro fist pump in full effect!

perrandy said:

April 3rd, 10:10 am

a little for everyone here! btw, any news on the progress of the new firmware update :0

helbertpina said:

April 3rd, 10:29 am

AC Chronicles Trilogy NOT being Cross-Buy os just… sad. I never knew they were going to be released for the Vita, which I think is a perfect fit for them, so I bough all three for the PS4. Oh well, shame, really.

iNoxious said:

April 3rd, 11:34 am

I did the samething, …didn’t know about a PS Vita version & bought all 3 on PS4 but I got em all at their lowest sale price: China for $2.99, India for $6.99, & Russia for $6.99!!!

As of Cross-Buy goes, …I would be so surprised if it was considering the PS Vita “DOES NOT CONNECT WITH UPLAY/UBISOFT CLUB” just like Assassin’s Creed 3 Liberation on PS Vita doesn’t connect either but the console version that came on PS3 does…

Because of this I’m glad I did get em on my PS4 which is around 300 easy to get UPLAY points/credits but I do think its hella messed up of Ubisoft to leave UPLAY/Ubisoft Club out of PS Vita Games… Its not like the PS Vita couldn’t handle it because it totally could!

I always thought the Assassin’s Creed Chronicles games would be perfect on the PS Vita too…

dkarlowicz10 said:

April 3rd, 3:26 pm

Ubisoft never had cross buy games in the past, I wasn’t expecting them to start now. I am excited that Ubisoft continues to support Vita. Even though I have some of the Chronicle games on PS4, I will gladly get them again to support the Vita.

luvtoseek said:

April 4th, 2:32 pm

Guys/gals, as Dkarl has already stated- Ubisoft never did (90% sure) a cross-buy initiative w/ the Vita. Child of Light & Lumines (sp?) are prime examples. Further, there wasn’t any press or dev comments of cross-buy w/ this AC spinoff before the release.

Do your research & ye won’t get burned! :thumbs:

G-Force08 said:

April 4th, 2:36 pm

Yeah, cross-buy is usually an indie or Sony published thing. Third parties, especially larger ones, almost never do cross-buy. Ubisoft announced this game for Vita (with no cross-buy) during the PlayStation Experience conference in December. Sorry you missed the announcement but it was there and it was talked about on media outlets (although not significantly) thereafter. Can’t blame anyone that you didn’t know. ;/

JinZer069 said:

April 3rd, 10:47 am

SKULLGIRLS 2ND ENCORE FOR PS VITA!!!

So glad this is finally out. Just waiting for Last Blade 2, a Western release of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax: Ignition and Legend of Raven.

Vita needs 3D Fighting games like Tekken, Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur.

Good drop week for Vita.

dkarlowicz10 said:

April 3rd, 3:28 pm

I am also happy to see Skullgirls on Vita, but I think that Vita needs more Rockstar games like GTA: San Andreas.

JinZer069 said:

April 3rd, 5:09 pm

@dkarlowicz10
    GTA, another COD, Skyrim, main FF title, Gran Turismo, Yakuza, MGS and some AA original PS Vita games would be welcomed.

zzamaro said:

April 3rd, 11:23 am

Mega Man Legends 2 for me. Been wanting it since 2010 for me PSP. This time for me PS Vita.

SCREWEYES-64 said:

April 5th, 11:40 am

ps3 only my friend but I’m sure you’ve found that out by now.

iNoxious said:

April 3rd, 11:46 am

Also did I see this right on the UPLAY/Ubisoft Club page: Zombi is the other Free PlayStation Plus game besides Dead Star for the PS4 but it shows only the PC & Wii U’s ZombiU are the only versions that connect with UPLAY/Ubisoft Club… Is Ubisoft getting lazy towards its PlayStation Players or what…?

elchorno said:

April 3rd, 1:24 pm

I wasn’t aware people still cared about Uplay. Either way, Zombi is a pretty fun game!

gameman15 said:

April 3rd, 8:54 pm

@iNoxious Let’s not forget that the PC, PS4, and Xbox One versions of Zombi/ZombiU, despite having two more melee weapons, doesn’t have the multiplayer mode that the Wii U version does have.

Vinland_Krauser said:

April 3rd, 1:47 pm

It’s happening!
Capcom played Santa out of season with MML2 and BoF3 PSP here, after so many years!

iNoxious said:

April 3rd, 4:32 pm

UPLAY is sweeeet!!!! I wish more Game Dev’s did a similar thing, …but whats great is the UPLAY credit/points I earn from one game i can use on any other game on any platform. And UPLAY credits/points can’t be bought with $ I’m pretty sure, …you have to earn em just like trophies. I’ll admit some of the rewards you trade in your credits/points are just stupid or pointless but some are really nice and helpful which is why being able to spend your UPLAY points/credits on any game on any platform with a game that connects with UPLAY of course just seals the deal for greatness…!

Mercenary09 said:

April 3rd, 3:04 pm

Really excited to finally get Mega Man Legends 2 on PSN. Myself and many others had asked for years for these and I just want to say thank you to Capcom for finally bringing them out. Can’t wait to play it on my Vita.

Dead Star, Enter the Gungeon, and Stikbold! all look awesome too.

TOUGHDUDE94 said:

April 4th, 7:02 am

Yes I hope for more PSOne classics. I also hope for them on PS4 with cross buy.

SCREWEYES-64 said:

April 5th, 11:39 am

Just wish it was available on the ps4

Zellojoker said:

April 7th, 9:09 pm

In agreement as well, so many titles that id love to play on my ps4, I still purchase the remasters for trophys also:)

Guyper said:

April 3rd, 10:17 pm

Dear Sony,

Could you please talk to SEGA as they are so narrow minded and never listened to their fans?

They act like they gave everyone a chance to buy “OUTRUN ONLINE ARCADE” six years ago on PS3. They not only never released it in physical copies, but it was only released in Europe PSN Store. Where’s the justice?

NeoMahi said:

April 4th, 3:30 am

I’d like Radiant Silvergun (that was on Xbox Live) and Virtua-On (also was only on Xbox Live but a lot of fun to play with the twin-analog sticks). But, not going to happen. At least we got Shenmue III (maybe).

NeoMahi said:

April 4th, 3:28 am

I wish I could get PlayStation Vue around here. Unfortunately, we’ll probably be among the last–if we even get that, because the internet providers we have have a 300GB data cap, which these days isn’t really that much. Darn. PlayStation Vue isn’t for everyone……

ThamerChief said:

April 4th, 4:19 am

Hi All,

Please can you make the game titles hyperlinked to the store page for every game so we can easily access and buy.

tusunami said:

April 4th, 5:15 am

Unbelievable know complaining about where’s the PS Vita games at aye? Don’t get to happy because Sony can’t put a smile on your faces every time.

Oste18262009 said:

April 4th, 6:17 am

Ok Dead star Nice But why isn’t it a free playstation Plus Game? The Same with Zombi… I really want to play those games.

TimboJames said:

April 4th, 9:05 pm

Ummn yea they both are free plus games :)

TOUGHDUDE94 said:

April 4th, 7:01 am

Great week for the vita.

CrusaderForever said:

April 4th, 8:59 am

Enter the Gungeon!!!

boxmyth said:

April 4th, 9:49 am

Mega Man Legends 2! Yay!

SnakeCellXx said:

April 4th, 11:05 am

OMG… I’ve wanted to play MegaMan Legends 2 for YEARS… Thank you!!

SCREWEYES-64 said:

April 5th, 11:32 am

Hope you have a ps3 because it’s not coming to ps4 – sure wish it was labeled properly

cosmis_chaos said:

April 4th, 11:37 am

I hope Gungeon is as fast paced and frantic as it looks. I love when games are tough. EASY MODE DOES NOT EXIST IN MY WORLD!!!

bobbydharrell said:

April 4th, 12:37 pm

I will probably grab “Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Trilogy” for the Vita. I enjoyed China on the Xbox One.

coffin_eder said:

April 4th, 9:16 pm

please make ps4 has backward compatibility with PS1 games ever released on psn for ps3

TheHerbinator75 said:

April 5th, 2:13 am

Ryan has absolutely no pull in Sony and doesn’t read these comments anyway.

LEFT__4__DEAD__2 said:

April 4th, 11:52 pm

Beta :3

TheHerbinator75 said:

April 5th, 2:12 am

Again is it too much to ask to list the prices in the drop each week to save people some time?

jabberwockgee said:

April 7th, 4:03 am

Is it too much to ask for you to stop asking this? They may not have the prices verified when the drop comes out, so they’re never going to just start putting random prices that will lead to a backlash from hell.

GCash_KetchumG said:

April 5th, 10:11 am

Why is Mega Man Legends 2 for PS3? lol why are you guys adding games to a system that everyone is trying to upgrade from. At least be a lil more specific what system its coming out for instead of just PSOne classic……. We have FFVII on ps4 so whats the problem?

SCREWEYES-64 said:

April 5th, 11:36 am

RIGHT – I had one rep through chat tell me to not worry it’s still being updated it’ll be coming to ps4 later today and then i talked to another and said yes it’s for ps3 only. I don’t understand that decision at all. besides the fact most have moved from ps3 to ps4 – I sold my ps3 the moment i got my ps4. But it’s already been available for ps3 for months. I mean if they don’t want my money that’s fine but come on at least label it properly to what’s being released to.

Skriata said:

April 5th, 11:18 am

don’t know why this is on ps3 and not vita

there is a psp version in japan so why not here

legends works on the vita

disappointing if this isn’t on the vita

XwingVmanX said:

April 7th, 6:39 am

Will Mega Man Legends 2 work on the vita? The first one did, but when I go to the store it says PS3 only.