PlayStation VR

Apr 05

Apr 05

Stream the Iconic Devil May Cry Series with PS Now Subscription

James Martin's Avatar Posted by Director of Marketing, PS Now

Dust off your finest crimson overcoat and sharpen your sword because Devil May Cry 4 and Devil May Cry HD Collection — as well as several other Capcom games — are joining the PlayStation Now subscription service today.

Here are the Capcom games joining the PS Now Subscription service.

Devil May Cry 4 (New)
Devil May Cry 4 immerses you in a gothic supernatural world, where a new protagonist clashes with a familiar hero. As the new leading man, Nero, you’ll unleash incredible attacks and non-stop combos using a unique new gameplay mechanic, his powerful Devil Bringer arm.

Devil May Cry HD Collection (New)
This action-packed set of three Devil May Cry games chronicles the complete adventures of Dante, the world’s toughest demon slayer, with Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2, and Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening Special Edition.

Devil May Cry
Enter a dark realm of demonic marionettes, unearthly phantoms, grim reapers, and other wretched souls. Transform into a demon state to inflict devastating attacks on enemies in this gothic battle of good against evil.

Devil May Cry 2
Dante, the world’s most stylish demon slayer, is back to shake the legions of the underworld to their knees in Devil May Cry 2. This time, Dante has a new devilish partner: Lucia, a mysterious and acrobatic heroine.

Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening Special Edition
Set before the original Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening Special Edition follows Dante’s journey as he battles his evil twin brother in a final confrontation.

Dark Void (New)
Dark Void is a sci-fi action-adventure game that combines adrenaline-fueled aerial dogfights with ground-pounding cover-based combat.

Darkstalkers Resurrection (New)
Darkstalkers Resurrection includes two games for the price of one — Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge and Darkstalkers 3. These feature classic gameplay and unique characters as well as a host of new features, including a variety of HD visual modes, improved challenge modes, dynamic rewards, and unlockable extras.

Final Fight: Double Impact (New)
Final Fight: Double Impact takes you on a hard-hitting journey through Capcom history with the ultimate versions of arcade classics Final Fight and Magic Sword.

Final Fight
In Final Fight, the Mad Gear street gang has kidnapped Mayor Mike Haggar’s daughter, Jessica. Refusing to give in to their demands, Haggar — a former pro wrestler — sets out to rescue Jessica with the help of her boyfriend, a martial artist named Cody, and his friend, a modern-day ninja named Guy.

Magic Sword
In Magic Sword, you are the Brave One, a warrior on a quest to defeat the demon Drokmar who has cast the world to a lightless hell. Battle through the Dragon’s Tower as you hone your skills with sword and magic and conquer the minions of evil.

In addition to the new games listed above, PlayStation Now has more than 20 other Capcom games already on the service, including…

Ultra Street Fighter IV
Ultra Street Fighter IV evolves the franchise to a whole new level with 44 fighters, furious new game modes, stunning battle stages, punishing combo attacks, rebalanced gameplay, and more than 100 costumes.

Dead Rising 2
Play as Chuck Green, a father dedicated to the safety of his daughter as he tries to escape Fortune City. Armed only with his wits and duct tape, Chuck must build deadly new weapons to dispatch an undead horde.

Asura’s Wrath
Once a revered deity, Asura was betrayed by his fellow gods and stripped of his powers. Consumed by anger, he confronts unique enemies and planet-sized bosses.

Mega Man 10
Mega Man 10 delivers authentic platformer gameplay and classic 8-bit style graphics and sound.

With more than 300 games to play, there’s never been a better time to give game-streaming a try. Click here to start your 7-Day Free Trial.

Add Your Own

samv33 said:

April 5th, 9:12 am

Looking forward to the HD collection and Darkstalkers Resurrection.

James Martin's Avatar

James Martin said:

April 5th, 9:25 am

Hi samv33 – glad to hear it. That makes two of us! They’ll be on the service later this afternoon. Enjoy!

skorge16 said:

April 5th, 9:18 am

I was hoping new devices as well I’m goona wait till this service comes to phones and tablets or at least an updated app for PS Vita so that when you scroll through the catalog it would be fast not games just the game catalog hopefully it gets updated like the ps4 app did..

SergeMeistr said:

April 5th, 9:42 am

Question, do someone now if we will be able to play the real ending of Asura?

JKar275 said:

April 5th, 9:45 am

Here’s an interesting concept: If we bought the digital version of a PS3 game from the PS Store in the past – let us now stream the game on PS Now for free. Don’t make us pay again to play a PS3 game that we already own a digital version of.

CJegg said:

April 5th, 1:48 pm

But you already got what you paid for. You didn’t pay for streaming, you paid for a digital version of a game and you got it. Its the same reason they don’t give out disk versions of all games bought digitally, because it’s not what you paid for.

It would be nice to get stuff for free, I understand that, but its not really something they owe us.

febwtf said:

April 5th, 2:46 pm

NOT GONNA HAPPEN. This is the new world you live in. You have a license to play your PS3 games on your PS3. End. Of. Story. If you want to stream, you can buy that license too. It’s why I haven’t bought a PS4 (other than the crap quality of video games in general) and why I won’t buy any other system either.

gohan16ken said:

April 5th, 9:53 am

I have to admit PS Now is getting more awesome every week. But I still can’t support it. I have bought over 200 digital games and I refuse to pay a fee to have to replay them.

I do have a question. If you can put God of War 3 on PS Now, then why can’t it be put on PSN? I would love to buy God of War 3 digitally.

ItsJustEmman said:

April 5th, 11:34 am

God of War 3 Remastered on the PS4 has been available to purchase since last year

gohan16ken said:

April 5th, 3:57 pm

@ItsJustEmman thanks for your reply and I am sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the PS3 version. Thanks.

skiernan said:

April 5th, 5:21 pm

Good point. There are others too like Killzone 2 and now Asura’s Wrath, where you can rent it on PlayStation Now, but you can’t buy it digitally for PS3. Are the Now servers actually running the disc versions of these games? I highly doubt it.

FYI, you can buy God of War III on disc used at GameStop for only $5. Ditto for Ascension.

joufes said:

April 5th, 10:19 am

I’m still waiting to see PS1 and PS2 games on the service (the small selection being sold for ps4 doesn’t apply). I still think PS now is focused more on people who switched over from xbox or trying out ps3 games you may have missed. I have everything I ever wanted on PS3. I guess it would be nice if they could announce progress or if they are simply going to stick with upgrading the games to ps4 with trophies and charging for them instead of their original plans for streaming the “entire playstation library”. Last bit of information I could find was a comment about it being part of the “long term plan” in early 2015. it didn’t sound that way when they were hyping it up for the launch of PS4.

Don’t like what I said? rant away. But if you don’t care and play warframe feel free to add me, Frost Prime FTW.

Kid_Loser said:

April 5th, 11:54 am

fell like the news for PSNow has seriously been dropping… I’m just waiting for Resonance of Fate and 3D Dot Game Heroes to come to the service so i can actually use it.

RColaUAB said:

April 5th, 12:13 pm

Any idea when the 12 month subscription option will be offered for sale again? I’ve been waiting on that.

dirtycabbage said:

April 5th, 2:00 pm

I’m still waiting for my reimbursement for the 8 days I was unable to play or access ps now from a few months ago.. I posted my issue in the forums and it finally got resolved but I wasn’t even made aware by anyone that it had been fixed.. I had to find that out myself.

dirtycabbage said:

April 7th, 3:12 pm

Ignored again, just like on the help forums. I really enjoyed the ps now too. Canceled due to this reason though. :(

Fazzle1 said:

April 5th, 2:11 pm

Does Asura’s Wrath include the true ending, which was DLC only?

cammers1995 said:

April 5th, 3:11 pm

Can we please, please get the following features:

1. PS1 and PS2 classics
– Good ones! Like Spyro, Crash, Tomba, Twisted Metal, Primal, Resident Evil Outbreak, Etc…

2. Any PS3 game we already own in our account, LET US PLAY unlimited if its available! For instance, Dead Space 3 and The Sims 3 are rental only for $5.99. Well, if we own the game on our account, make it free. I mean, we already own it.

3. Bring PSnow to android and PC. This would open the world of playstation up alot more. PS3 and PS4 controllers install easily on Windows and Mac using the USB cable, so we would have a controller.

4. Please bring us more big hits, like GTA IV, Fallout 3, Heavy Rain, Etc.

Personally, this being Sony’s service, they would want to do anything possible to keep it popular. Why are we missing such a massive backlog of Sony produced titles on PS3, like Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls and Playstation All Stars?

lxcainxl said:

April 5th, 3:30 pm

No. Just no.

I’m not paying to have limited access to games. I’m not paying to be required to be constantly online to play offline games. I’m not paying for this scheme.

It is VERY SIMPLE. I pay you for product, I get to use it. No subscription.

This is why I’ve part of why I stopped getting things from Sony.

Won’t be getting your PS 4.5 or VR or a TV from you now either.

Are you catching on yet, Sony?

abdulmessi said:

April 5th, 4:27 pm

Are these new ps now games available on psvita as well plz let it be the case!! As i have never completed the any of the games :(

BURIBLAZINGX said:

April 5th, 6:13 pm

Hey sony 50 bucks for plus and 240 a year for ps now.Games that I already own is absurd and plus forcing me to pay for online play when you can’t even maintain you service from being hacked is not a good service for the money why don’t you make ps now part of plus instead of charging for both?

BURIBLAZINGX said:

April 5th, 6:17 pm

And you lame ps2 download strategy is so insulting why not make backwards compatibility like Xbox one a download option if you own the disc stop being greedy we as consumers are not as dumb as you think I’m not putting more cash in your big wigg pockets.
Let me not get started on the ps4 bluray remote which PS3 has same function and Bluetooth.

BlongTreyLo said:

April 5th, 6:25 pm

Same, so annoyed, and btw I hate PSNOW overall because it use up ALOT, I mean ALOTTT of internet data. You can bet 1-3gb within 1 hour just playing a game when most games are over 10+ Hours… And everytime I see HD games coming to PSNOW I laugh so hard because that’s exactly like streaming blu rays over the internet which eats up 3-6gb an hour haahahahaa waste of data.

BlongTreyLo said:

April 5th, 6:23 pm

Still waiting for any Kingdom Hearts game to be on PS NOW, or is that even possible? I never owned PS3 but I love the series and sadly I can never played Part 2 of KH so I just watch the entire gameplay from youtubers instead.

BURIBLAZINGX said:

April 5th, 6:32 pm

Yeah I’m annoyed by there strategy it’s not the way to go right now.

Eldofon7 said:

April 5th, 11:21 pm

Thanks for Devil May Cry series. Next Capcom games, which I love to play on my Vita are Okami HD, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen and Bionic Commando. I hope, we will see them on PS Now in the future.

Quibs said:

April 6th, 11:00 am

To drive more subscribers you should release games directly to psnow. Even if they’re low budget. Have things on here that you can’t find elsewhere.
Also, when is Now coming to PC/MAC?

LaughsAndDies said:

April 6th, 2:08 pm

Are you guys going to be bringing the rest of the Metal Gear Solid collection to PS4\?

LaughsAndDies said:

April 6th, 2:09 pm

iREVOLTER said:

April 7th, 12:48 am

Asura’s Wrath – such an underrated title. Great to see it on PSNow, maybe it’ll get some love here since it doesn’t a digital release.