PlayStation VR

Apr 10

Apr 10

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 4/12/2016

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

What does a fuzzy engineer and a sentient robot have in common? An origin story! One of the most iconic duos in gaming makes its debut on PS4 this week with the planet-hopping adventure Ratchet & Clank.

Ratchet & Clank on PS4 returns to the origin story of our beloved heroes that was first told nearly 15 years ago. Boasting a number of gameplay improvements and a tremendous visual upgrade, Ratchet & Clank celebrates everything that made the series a hit: action, adventure, comedy, and crazy guns. It’s a perfect fit for long-time fans and newcomers alike.

But that’s only the start! The hotly anticipated Dark Souls III charges onto PS4 alongside the ever-escalating dangers in Risk of Rain. For a full list of new games coming to PlayStation this week, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

New Releases: April 12, 2016
Dark Souls III
PS4 — Digital, Retail

PS Blog GotY Winner: Dark Souls III
As fires fade and the world falls into ruin, journey into a universe filled with more colossal enemies and environments. Players will be immersed into a world of epic atmosphere and darkness through faster gameplay and amplified combat intensity. Prepare yourself once more and Embrace The Darkness!

Ratchet & Clank
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Ratchet & Clank
Ratchet & Clank blasts onto PS4 for the first time with a new game based on elements from the original Ratchet & Clank. Ratchet & Clank on PS4 takes a deeper look at the characters’ origin stories and modernizes the original gameplay. Featuring several new planets, all-new bosses, new Clank gameplay, new flight sequences, and much more — with completely new visuals constructed with the power of PS4.

Risk of Rain
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

Risk of Rain on PS4, PS Vita
Risk of Rain is an action platformer with roguelike elements. With permanent death as a primary feature, players will have to play their best to get as far as possible. Fight on a mysterious planet with randomly spawning enemies and bosses, either alone or with three friends in online co-op. With more than 100 items at your disposal, you must secure the tools you need to find your way back home.

Samurai Warriors 4 Empires
PS4 — Digital (Out 4/11)

Samurai Warriors 4 Empires

The latest title in the acclaimed Empires series is here. A new, intuitive system of political management in which the best officers can be placed in their most effective positions makes its first appearance, while cooperative battles are powered up. Genesis Mode, in which you can create your very own Warring States era, allows you more individual customization than ever before!

Stories: The Path of Destinies
PS4 — Digital

Stories: The Path of Destinies

In Stories, each choice you make takes Reynardo into a unique narrative. From tongue-in-cheek takes on heroic adventures to dark, Lovecraftian scenes, Stories’ repertoire is as diverse as it is action-packed. But Reynardo’s fateful decisions won’t always be easy: sometimes retrieving a weapon lost at the beginning of time means sacrificing the life of an old friend.

PlayStation Music Logo

• J Dilla — The Diary
  • Boosie Badazz & C-Murder — Penitentiary Chances
  • Royce da 5’9″ — Layers

PlayStation Video Logo

• Fear the Walking Dead | Season 2 (4/11)
  • Ride Along 2
  • Krampus
  • The 5th Wave

PlayStation Vue Logo

• MTV Movie Awards- April 10 at 8/7c (MTV)
  • Fear the Walking Dead- April 10 at 9/8c (AMC)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

GamerHamza321 said:

April 10th, 10:09 am

Ratchet and Clank, pre-loaded and ready to play.Only a little more time to wait now!

Flovent said:

April 11th, 10:39 am

HELP!! When choosing the Auto download box after pre-ordering, it says expected auto download date is 04/09/2016, but it still hasn’t downloaded so we can play at midnight. Every time you choose the box and back out, it won’t stay selected; forcing a wait to download it at midnight and not truly play it ASAP. Anyone else experiencing this?

Flovent said:

April 11th, 11:36 am

Just checked my preorder for Overwatch and it’s good to go for the auto download. Don’t know why R&C won’t.

AliciaDarky said:

April 10th, 10:10 am

So unfair… I want everything here and have little time and money! -.-.

MakaiOokami said:

April 11th, 5:27 pm

The only game I don’t care about is Samurai Warriors 4. Only because there’s like 4 versions of that game out every year now a days.

grimfandammit said:

April 10th, 10:10 am

Ratchet & CLANK!!!!!

Mercenary09 said:

April 10th, 10:15 am

What a great week! I’m already playing Stories: The Path of Destinies and love it. Can’t for for my copy of Dark Souls 3 and Ratchet to come in Tuesday. Risk of Rain looks interesting as well.

personausermike said:

April 10th, 10:22 am

Uuuhh Ryan, Samurai Warriors 4 Empires already came out 2 weeks ago. I’ve already purchased and beat it.

boomstickbhg said:

April 10th, 10:40 am

Why relist Samurai Warriors Empire when it’s been out digitally for weeks?

fruant said:

April 10th, 9:27 pm

Happens all the time with K-T games that come out with a 4-week bonus bundle. The standalone release “counts” as a release.

sealum01 said:

April 10th, 10:52 am

What a week! I’m really ready to play Ratchet & Clank, and Stories! I’m also really excited for Dark Souls III as well, though may leave this until later in the year — for me souls games seem to “fit” around Halloween!

sinneD-- said:

April 10th, 12:07 pm

This will be my first experience with the Ratchet & Clank series. Really exited about this game!

F60-31 said:

April 10th, 1:45 pm

Please release Afterbirth soon! We waited so long already.

NinjaMicWZ said:

April 10th, 3:49 pm

I’ve got Dark Souls III and Ratchet & Clank coming.

Also getting Risk of Rain and Stories.

A week of kings. The month of kings too.

Vextalon said:

April 10th, 4:33 pm

Man it’s going to be an eventful week. Dark Souls 3 is coming out finally. I can play Risk of Rain on my PS4 instead of Steam.

The franchise sale has LEGO this week so I can nab hopefully the last two games to play later on.

Also, I still need to preorder Indivisible and Alien Nation this week. My hard drive is not full yet suprisingly.

Alecj22 said:

April 10th, 4:39 pm

What a great week!

Risk of Rain is amazing and ive been waiting for it to make it to PS4 forever. Ratchet and Clank is a classic and I cant wait to return to it. Dark Souls III is an event unto itself, which will no doubt torture me but be a rewarding experience like no other game.

I dont know anything about this “Stories” game. Is it supposed to be good? The entire “Launch Party 2016” line up has been excellent so i figure it has potential, but id like to know more about it before i buy it.

We also have new Destiny and Division content this week. I dont know how im going to have time to play everything.

Anyway, hope everyone enjoys this spectacular release week in Playstation nation.

fisheye11 said:

April 10th, 5:03 pm

Looking forward to Dark Souls 3! And Risk of Rain out of nowhere.

Any one know if Afterbirth will be coming out this week also? Binding of Isaac Rebirth updated along with adding trophies for Afterbirth.

Seluhir said:

April 11th, 4:50 am

Woot, 3 interesting games coming alongside a sequel to a series that only a masochist could enjoy(oddly, it seems like there’re a lot of masochists out there).

Really excited for Ratchet and Clank though. Can’t wait to stream it.

c_raider said:

April 11th, 10:30 am

Can’t wait to introduce my son to ratchet and clank.

TheHerbinator75 said:

April 11th, 10:46 am

I also can’t wait for the movie too!

Flovent said:

April 11th, 10:43 am

HELP!! When choosing the Auto download box after pre-ordering, it says expected auto download date is 04/09/2016, but it still hasn’t downloaded so we can play at midnight. Every time you choose the box and back out, it won’t stay selected; forcing a wait to download it at midnight and not truly play it ASAP. Anbody else experiencing this?

TheHerbinator75 said:

April 11th, 10:46 am

If you are talking about Ratchet & Clank, I had no issues at all pre-ordering it and it downloaded Sunday morning.

Flovent said:

April 11th, 10:58 am

I am. For some reason it won’t download for me. I’ve done this all before so I know that my settings are ok.

Matt6923 said:

April 11th, 12:08 pm

Mine never pre-downloaded either. Had to select it from my Library and when you go to launch it, should be a Download option as well.

Flovent said:

April 11th, 12:18 pm

I tried that too. Only thing in the library is my theme from the preorder.

blueboy1_2_3_ said:

April 11th, 12:40 pm

do you have 26gb of free space on your console because if not then that might be the problem

Flovent said:

April 11th, 12:47 pm

Yup. Sure do

Flovent said:

April 11th, 12:49 pm

250gb free

experiment62six said:

April 11th, 1:41 pm

Apparently there is an issue and it’s not on your end. Found this at playstationlifestyle.net: “Some users have found success by using the online PlayStation Store, going to their Download List after signing in, and clicking Download to Your PS4. However, many still receive a download error when trying this.”

experiment62six said:

April 11th, 1:42 pm

Insomniac also posted this on their Twitter: “We are aware of the preloading issues some of you are having. Sony is looking into it and as soon as we have an update, we will let you know.”

Flovent said:

April 11th, 2:41 pm

Booooooo. Thanks man. Least I know now that it isn’t just me

TheHerbinator75 said:

April 11th, 10:45 am

I have Ratchet & Clank pre-loaded and ready to go. Can’t wait! I have been playing this series since the first game all the way back in 2002. I also pre-ordered Stories: The Path of Destinies as it looked right up my alley and was only $13.49. Risk of Rain looks interesting too as does Dark Souls III.

Byakuya-Kuchki15 said:

April 11th, 12:46 pm

DSIII auto downloaded. Diagnosing myself with restless ***** face for the next few days.

BrianC6234 said:

April 11th, 1:14 pm

Are you guys going to give the PS3 another free game for April’s PS Plus games? March was I Am Alive and then you gave that game in April too. Talk about a ripoff. We’d like a different game.

KaneTheGoth said:

April 11th, 3:46 pm

I think you’re getting confused with “The Last Guy”. That was in the March line-up.

Oste18262009 said:

April 11th, 1:18 pm

I guess You could say naughty dog has been working their “Tail” Off! Aaand this is why I have no friends…

navcomm81 said:

April 11th, 2:17 pm

Almost done my second run in Ratchet & Clank now…. it’s great. Review was very positive as well.

A few other releases this week look pretty awesome too!

VinsanityV21 said:

April 11th, 2:26 pm

Looking forward to Stories! Ever since it was announced, I’ve been looking forward to the “Tiny Brains” studio’s next game, and it’s got a very Sly Cooper/Zootopia vibe to it’s animal cast of characters. Looks real nice and the multiple choices to handle everything, apparently, sounds real cool. I’m so down for that!

Also Ratchet & Clank, naturally :)

I hope Sly 5 arrives in time for his movie next year. And – someday – I still hope we see Jak & Daxter come back. I mean DAYUM :D At the very least, give Jak 4: The Lost Frontier an HD and/or Remaster treatment! I’m tired of people calling out for a Jak 4 when it came out on PS2 in 2009! Clearly, people missed it Sony – and you guys were kinda dummies for leaving it off the HD Collection (same thing with Ratchet Deadlocked. It’s just baffling)

zackD405 said:

April 11th, 5:22 pm

Dark souls 3. Nuff said

haermosi said:

April 11th, 7:37 pm

Ratchet & Clank!! cant wait for it!!

doctorSTRANG said:

April 11th, 8:12 pm

Dark Souls 3 and Ratchet in the same week… Bye money, hello lack of social life.

OexecutionstyleO said:

April 11th, 8:49 pm

Get better games

Who even… that’s not a kid plays Lego games? That’s when people say “oh oh those are great games and if you don’t like them don’t play them”

lol don’t worry I won’t

metalminx said:

April 11th, 10:53 pm

WOW! this has got to be one of the most POSITIVE RESPONSES to The Drop that i’ve ever seen!!! are negative comments being deleted or is this really FOR REALZ???

Kaznasty- said:

April 12th, 6:19 am

Risk of Rain on Vita! *fistpumps*

Techznyx said:

April 12th, 3:09 pm

So where is Risk of Rain? Is it not being released in NA?

Techznyx said:

April 12th, 3:10 pm

Nevermind, just found it!