Spider-Man PS4

Apr 19

Apr 19

Pyre on PS4 Revealed, From the Creators of Transistor and Bastion

Greg Kasavin's Avatar Posted by Creative Director, Supergiant Games

We’re incredibly excited to announce Pyre, a new party-based role-playing game we’re making here at Supergiant.

Play it at PAX: We’re bringing Pyre with us to PAX East this week! If you’re coming to the show, visit us at booth #8212 and let us know what you think!

About the Game: In Pyre, you lead a band of exiles through an ancient competition spread across a vast, mystical purgatory.

Pyre once again showcases our small team’s commitment to rich atmospheric presentation and storytelling, along with a distinctive gameplay blend that combines expressive decision making on the world map with fast, action-packed confrontations against rival groups of exiles whose own freedom is at stake. We want to create a large cast of characters you can grow close to as you travel together across a strange and wondrous land.

The Story So Far: At the beginning of the game, your luck has almost run out when several masked wanderers find you and revive you from the brink. With your help, they seek to learn the truth about the Rites, a secretive competition through which the worthiest exiles can return home, absolved of their transgressions.

Pyre, PS4Pyre, PS4

As you journey across the Downside in the wanderers’ custom blackwagon, you’ll meet a variety of characters of all shapes and sizes, and learn what’s at stake for each of them should they prevail in the Rites. Your actions will determine who returns to glory, and who remains in exile to the end of their days.

Availability: Pyre will be making its console debut on PS4 in 2017. We’ll have more details about the exact time closer to release.

Until Next Time! Though Pyre won’t be available until next year, here are some things you can do right now:

Pyre, PS4

We hope you’ll see why we think Pyre is special, and your support means everything to us as we push forward!

Add Your Own

PaleMemories said:

April 19th, 9:10 am

Won’t be reading more about Pyre because I already know I’m going to buy it. Loved Bastion, and Transistor is one of my favorite experiences on the PS4. With a track record like that, I will simply look forward to being delighted with the game when it comes.

April 19th, 5:13 pm

Thank you very much for putting your faith in our team like this. We feel very fortunate to be able to do what we’re doing and we’ll keep pouring everything we’ve got into it for as long as we can. We know our players are always going to keep us honest and I’ve always felt good about that.

Slimebones1 said:

April 19th, 9:12 am

YESSSSS!!!!!!!

Justin Massongill said:

April 19th, 9:23 am

I am so. so. so. so. so. ready for this. Thank you Supergiant!

April 19th, 5:13 pm

You’re very welcome sir!! Thank you in turn.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

April 19th, 10:33 am

Agreed.

Bastion was impressive, but Transistor was one of the finest games i’ve played this gen. The soundtrack alone should’ve won numerous awards. This looks a lot like Transistor, day 1 buy.

CrusaderForever said:

April 19th, 9:26 am

Such a talented studio! Bastion and Transistor were spectacular. Of course I am buying Pyre!

April 19th, 5:14 pm

Thank you!! We hope you find it more than lives up.

GunnerFCm said:

April 19th, 9:30 am

Huzzah! I am prepped for the hattrick of excellence!

helbertpina said:

April 19th, 9:36 am

PLEASE consider a Vita version! It looks gorgeous, and it would be great to play it on the go (especially if it supports cross-save)!

PS. Bastion and Transistor were brilliant!

April 19th, 5:14 pm

Appreciate the interest! For now our focus is on the PS4 version though beyond that we haven’t ruled anything out. We’ll see how it goes!

paulogy said:

April 19th, 9:42 am

Looks great! (although after Bastion and Transistor that should surprise no one :-)

Really excited that I might get to see this for myself at PAX this weekend :-D

pablikenemy79 said:

April 19th, 9:45 am

Think about Vita and how wel Bastion sales are goin, still is on the top of downloading games for Vita, so i dont understand what’s behind the reason you guys won’t bring this game and transistor as wel to the Vita, i mean WHY NOT ON VITA !???????

Hakumen__ said:

April 19th, 9:50 am

Any news on Transistor coming to PS Vita?

April 19th, 5:15 pm

We don’t have plans for Transistor on the Vita at the moment. We’re a relatively small team of 12 and right now our focus is squarely on making Pyre. We haven’t ruled anything out for the future though!

Vyprstryke said:

April 19th, 10:09 am

Awesome! Looking forward to this and assuredly another amazing Darren Korb soundtrack!

Ind3structoman said:

April 20th, 7:29 am

Don’t forget Ashley Barrett! :)

Dark_Poetry said:

April 19th, 10:28 am

I’m already sold, anything you guys make is a game of the year contender. I want to ask a few questions about the game.

– Are the party members unique in their stories and abilities (i.e. tank, healer, est.) or they are created and customized to the player’s preference ?

-will there be any side-quests in the game like finding legendary equipment or fighting rare monsters ?

-Will the narrator from transistor return ? his voice is ambrosia to my ears.

Thank you in advance.

April 19th, 5:18 pm

Great questions!

Q: Are the party members unique in their stories and abilities (i.e. tank, healer, est.) or they are created and customized to the player’s preference ?

A: The characters in the game are unique, specific characters. You will be able to specialize their abilities, outfit them with Talismans that enhance their abilities, and affect certain key stats that influence their behavior, but you won’t roll characters from scratch or anything like that.

Q: Will there be any side-quests in the game like finding legendary equipment or fighting rare monsters ?

A: While not exactly as you describe, for sure there are side quests and optional routes and things in the game. We’re showing some of that in the build we have playable at PAX East this week.

Q: Will the narrator from transistor return ? his voice is ambrosia to my ears.

A: Logan Cunningham is lending his vocal talents to this game once again, in a new and different role we’re very excited for players to hear. Stay tuned!

iamtylerdurden1 said:

April 19th, 10:38 am

Please include dynamic narration. It was my favorite part of Bastion and it was so satisfying to hear the weapon talk through your DS4 speaker.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

April 19th, 10:34 am

SuperGiant equals insta-buy.

VITA support would be spectacular.

rudetoy said:

April 19th, 10:39 am

Who cares? When’s the next Flash Sale? It’s been about a month….we’re long overdue for one, based on Sony’s history.

AizawaYuuichi said:

April 19th, 11:36 am

Keep being true to your name, buddy. You’re doing a good job so far. Twice in one day, even…

DrJh007 said:

April 19th, 10:39 am

Yes! I’m very excited that you guys are going to be at Pax East! I can’t wait to play the game!

April 19th, 5:18 pm

Thanks! Yeah, please stop on by and say hello if you’ll be there!

ShadowStar83x said:

April 19th, 10:41 am

Looks awesome!

sfbsfb said:

April 19th, 10:41 am

Glad to hear Ashley Barrett’s voice in the song.

Should be another great game from Supergiant, Transistor is outstanding in all respects.

FeLiPe_MachiN3 said:

April 19th, 11:13 am

I’m so buying this. I loved Bastion and Transistor.

I hope you also consider bringing it to Vita.

sethisthegoat said:

April 19th, 11:36 am

I’m hard-pressed to think of a developer whose games I’ve liked as much as Supergiant.

Right up there with Naughty Dog (in terms of enjoyable experiences), and in terms of purchasing based wholly on the developer.

April 19th, 5:20 pm

Thank you sir! Means a lot to be included in the same breath as Naughty Dog. Those folks are true masters of their craft.

Dead-Sync said:

April 19th, 11:47 am

It’s one thing when several people buy a game from a studio, it’s another when a studio is unanimously praised like it has been here, and it is completely well-deserved.

All I can do is echo the sentiment of my fellow gamers that SuperGiant is a phenomenal group of talented individuals, and Bastion and Transistor were incredible games. Cannot wait for the game, the story, and the soundtrack (of course) of Pyre!

April 19th, 5:20 pm

Thank you very much! We will keep doing our best to make sure the game lives up to the promise you see in it.

Raseleanne said:

April 19th, 12:25 pm

At first I was excited, but then I saw the “2017” at the end. B’awwww, that’s so far away. Teasing us like this is cruel. :(

April 19th, 5:21 pm

Oh, 2017’s gonna roll around before any of us know it if it’s anything like the last few years!

brudersieben said:

April 19th, 12:29 pm

Wow I was just googling if there was any news on their next game hours ago.

tusunami said:

April 19th, 12:49 pm

And people complain about too many indie games are you kidding me. Indie games are some of the best.

KidCommando said:

April 19th, 12:53 pm

The art style is super ultra mega sexy. When it comes out, consider it purchased.

PaleMemories said:

April 19th, 2:12 pm

I was trying to think of a better description for the art than “super ultra mega sexy.”

I can’t. Well done.

TrueAssassin86x said:

April 19th, 1:00 pm

Sold will pre-order when i can

VinsanityV21 said:

April 19th, 3:08 pm

Those character portraits don’t match up with any of the in-game art at all. That’s weird. Supergiant always does that; the promo handpainted art is GORGEOUS (is it still Jen Zee at work here?), and then the in-game is textbook “indie” simplified/stylized. It’s so weird.

HeartCleaver3211 said:

April 19th, 5:27 pm

Freaking loved Bastion! Greatest game I’ve played in a while. I’ll for sure be picking this up on launch day!

April 19th, 5:30 pm

Thank you for the kind words! Hope you find Pyre more than lives up.

JonAuc77 said:

April 19th, 6:39 pm

Well, that’s some of the best animation I’ve seen in quite a while! Gonna have to get another job to keep up on all these great PS4 games that are coming!

-Jon

nekoking17 said:

April 19th, 8:36 pm

OMG! im so hype for this game! transistor was amazing and pyre already sounds cool. I just hope this increases supergiants fan base. They deserve why more love (and maybe we might get more merchandise for sale)

April 19th, 9:37 pm

Thank you!! We feel very lucky to have found an audience for our games. One of the nice things about being a small studio is we don’t have the pressures of trying to come up with games that like 10 million people will enjoy. Ironically this mindset has led to our games doing quite well, and putting us in a positioning of continuing to be able to fund the kinds of games we really want to make (and play). We want to keep this going for as long as possible, meaning for as long as folks out there like what we’re doing!

xenokurisu said:

April 19th, 9:15 pm

I’m just gonna say this is an instant buy for me. SuperGiant Games is an amazing group of folks who put a lot of awesome into their games. Bastion and Transistor were AMAZING and I’m so happy to see another game with the same love and beauty as the last two. It sucks as it won’t be coming out until next year(and I can’t make it to PAX), but it’s well worth the wait for sure. ♥

DoomsDave1 said:

April 19th, 9:23 pm

Oh my god, I love what you guys do at Super Giant. I’m waiting in anticipation. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Valkyrie_41269 said:

April 19th, 9:33 pm

I just had the pleasure of playing Transistor for the first time over the weekend and I was hooked (Platinumed and bought the soundtrack!). I was disappointed that Supergiant Games didn’t have another game in the works, but it looks like I spoke too soon :) Can’t wait to see how the party system works!

April 19th, 9:40 pm

Thank you, right on! And congratulations on Platinum!

The party aspect is one of the things we’re really excited about with this game. There are very different types of characters you can bring into play — we’re showing just the three for starters — and so there’s inherent strategy in mixing and matching them in different ways. Whether players make these decisions from a pure gameplay standpoint (“what’s the strongest possible team?”) or from a more emotional standpoint (“who should I match up together in the field?”), or somewhere in between, we want those choices to be interesting and rewarding.

Roketsu86 said:

April 19th, 9:56 pm

I’ve bought Bastion more times than I can remember (every time I mention it to a friend and they haven’t played it I buy them a copy) and I regularly play the soundtracks to both Bastion and Transistor in my store. I would buy this just for the soundtrack, but I have all the faith in the world that the story and game play will be top-tier as well. I will be pre-ordering this the moment I see it available on PSN

April 19th, 10:54 pm

Thank you sir…! We hope you find that Pyre to live up to our past work.

MISTERY-MAN said:

April 20th, 4:41 am

Wow you guys are a team of 12 and deliver some amazing experiences like Transistor which I played last year and thought it was one of the greatest games I’ve played in my life. Amazing story, combat and soundtrack. Day 1 purchase from me

Johnny_Rancid said:

April 20th, 8:47 am

From the creators of Transistor & Bastion…*tries to find wallet, hears the door opening* money, where are you going?

eightleggedsteed said:

April 20th, 6:31 pm

This definitely looks like a game I’d enjoy. Who did the music track on the trailer? Because if it’s a band, I need to start checking out their albums ASAP.

SeshiLord said:

April 20th, 10:46 pm

That trailer got me really hyped! Gotta love the song, and I guess the soundtrack will be awesome! Sounds like Korb and Barrett singing there, so I expect some awesome tracks just like Transistor!

Just knowing it’s you guys making this game is enough for me to get it ASAP. With all the work and love and art you put in your games, makes the name “Supergiant Games” mean “quality” to me.

Thank you.

Darkwolfgamings said:

April 29th, 2:09 pm

Hi I just wanted to make a request for a ps2 game that a lot of people want. The Simpsons hit and run. Its been a favorite game for most of us and we will be willing to buy it for any price! I am hoping you would make it for all of the people who love this game. If u have any questions feel free to message me on psn -from darkwolfgamings and the rest if the Simpsons hit and run fans.