Overwatch

Apr 28

Apr 28

PlayStation Blogcast Episode 207: PlayStation Fore!

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

Subscribe via iTunes or RSS, or download here

Fore! Today on the show we talk with No Goblin, the team behind 100ft Robot Golf! Plus, our continued commitment to Risk of Rain and a discussion on games that bring tears to our eyes. Enjoy the show!

Stuff We Talked About

• 100ft Robot Golf
  • Severed
  • Risk of Rain
  • Emotional games
  • Cricket vs. Polo (vs. Croquet?)

Recent Episodes

The Cast

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Sid Shuman – Social Media Sr. Manager, SCEA
Justin Massongill – Social Media Manager, SCEA
Ryan Clements – Social Media Specialist, SCEA

Send us questions and tips! blogcast@playstation.sony.com
Leave us a voicemail! (650) 288-6706

Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music.

Add Your Own

paulogy said:

April 28th, 4:07 pm

Hi guys! You know 100ft Robot Golf sounds like it could be an interesting game, I just really wish I could surmise what it’s about! ;-)

Mercenary09 said:

April 28th, 4:09 pm

Love the title guys. I played Severed and even got the Platinum trophy from it. Loved every second of that game and I think it’s one of the best games on the Vita. Everyone who owns one should play it.

As for emotional games, the opening minutes of The Last of Us brought me to tears as did Metal Gear Solid 4 on the PS3. Watching Snake fight his way through that hallway (you know which one I’m talking about) was so emotional as was the part at the end where Otacon was talking to Sunny about Snake. Fantastic games. I have a feeling Uncharted 4 could be the next one to have that kind of impact on me.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

April 28th, 4:54 pm

Oh man, I can’t believe we didn’t talk about either of those. You’re absolutely right.

I haven’t finished Severed yet, but I’m loving it!

jgrizzle358 said:

April 28th, 4:37 pm

Every time there’s a horror game coming out that I’m looking forward to like Among the Sleep or Layers of Fear, Sid is never here to talk about them. Now The Park is coming out and he’s finally here and he knows nothing of it LOL. Come on Sid I rely on you for the horror game talk on this show lol.

The Park is a horror themed walking simulator in the vein of layers of fear where you play as a mother looking for her son in an abandoned amusement park at night. You solve puzzles you ride rides you get jump scared and you move the story along.

I’m pretty sure I already know what Sid is going to say when Outlast 2 comes out: “I couldn’t even finish the first one. It was too much for even me.”

Meanwhile I’m both excited and horrified. Have you seen the gameplay videos? Running from some crazy religious cult fanatics in a cornfield sounds like something out of classic horror.

Soruichi_Kitty said:

April 28th, 4:58 pm

Y’all got any more of those PS2 game release dates? A friend was wondering

Mercenary09 said:

April 28th, 5:20 pm

They said right on the blogcast that The King of Fighters 2000 is coming out next week.

tendon320 said:

April 28th, 5:13 pm

I don’t know where to make suggestions for future software updates so I’ll have to put it here. I would really like to be able to increase or decrease the volume of movies. I’m able to do this with my PS3 but the option is unavailable in PS4. Some movies need it for a little extra volume boost and some movies need it because the movie is too loud/has bad sound.

Red-Til-I-Die said:

April 29th, 9:06 pm

Thank you to Sid / Ryan / Justin for the birthday well wishes !!!

On the subject of games that brought us to tears, two come immediately to mind: The final scene between Lee & Clem in The Walking Dead Season 1 and the final sequence in Life is Strange. I was an emotional wreck after both of those games.

Subzero316 said:

April 30th, 7:49 pm

Brothers: A tale of two sons was a great and emotional game for me, I cried at the end of my second playthrough. The last scene between lee and clem was also a tear jerker.

AimeePowell said:

May 3rd, 2:45 am

My last pay check was $9500 working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can’t believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do…

Go to tech tab for work detail.. w­­­­­w­­­­­w.­­­­e­­­­a­­­­r­­­­­n­­­­m­­­­­o­­­­r­­­e­­­9­­­­­­­.c­o­m

Rpm2878 said:

May 3rd, 4:20 am

I have to agree with Sid, I played the first season of The Walking Dead with my niece over a weekend. We had to hit the PS button several times to get through the end. Even though it was a shared experience; playing the parental role had me more emotionally invested in the wellbeing of a polygon girl than probably any other fictional character I’ve come across.

“Brothers” is a game everyone should experience. The sadness in the final sequence is brilliantly enhanced. I had a few salty tears discharge but couldn’t help but feel a little elated by the clever twist.

The game that blindsided me was Papo & Yo. I knew the subject matter going in, but the bulk of the game didn’t engage me emotionally. During the final level, however, I began blubbering in short bursts in between mutterings of, “Why am I crying.”

Honorable Mentions

Beyond Two Souls had quite a few emotional moments. I’m not sure if any brought me to tears.

The Swapper left a lasting impression (Nick, the 10 trophies are unlocked by finding the 10 hidden logs).

Lastly, Hotline Miami because I was a basket case by the time I finished it.

Thanks for another episode, please keep it going.
…. Rpm2–8-7-8

Rpm2878 said:

May 3rd, 4:36 am

I haven’t played much of Steins;Gate, but the anime is excellent and a bit of a tearjerker. You can legally get the subtitled version online.
    Hard sci-fi with time-travel wrapped in a comedic anime package with a big bow of romance and a fragrant spits of insanity. It’s worth the time it takes to unwrap it.

BlindMango said:

May 3rd, 10:26 am

Sids Hitman story had me cracking up, I wish you guys had an animated series for stories like that, haha

Despair_Of_Ice said:

May 4th, 3:00 pm

Finally Sid is back!!!, I’m fan of mister Shuman cause it remains me to one of my favorite characters mister Chandler Bing from the tv show Friends. Also i wil tell that part of the magic of this blogcast is due to all of you guys

Quick questions:

There is one episode where Sid came with a word to describe games that are hack and slash but also shooters. do you guys remember which word is this?

And where can i watch playstation underground? i saw a few episodes that were on the blog, but i don’t see more episodes being posted.

For the emotional games talk i will said that the ending of:

1.-Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep.
2.- FF Crisis Core
3.- FFX

These endings make had a very strong connections and made me feel the grieve or joy that the chararcters were felt.