God of War

May 03

May 03

21 New Games Join the PlayStation Now Lineup

James Martin's Avatar Posted by Director of Marketing, PS Now

Summer vacation is right around the corner, so we’re getting ahead of the curve by adding 21 additional kids games to PlayStation Now this month. Rest assured, all 85 of the games in this month’s collection are rated “E for Everyone” or “Everyone 10+” by the ESRB.

Here are just a few of the popular franchises and games included in our kid-friendly game collection:

• Ratchet & Clank
  • The LEGO Movie Videogame
  • LEGO Harry Potter
  • LEGO Batman
  • Kung Fu Panda
  • How to Train Your Dragon
  • Adventure Time
  • Barbie
  • Monster High
  • Ben 10
  • Pac-Man
  • Sly Cooper
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Mega Man

PS Now has dozens of imaginative, novel, vibrant, and fun games that you can explore together with kids of all ages.

Who knows, you may even find a few classics that you want to share with a new generation — or to play by yourself once the kids are asleep! The full list of kids and family friendly games (split out by ESRB rating) is below:

Rated “Everyone 10+”

• Adventure Time: Explore The Dungeon Because I Don’t Know!
  • Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations

• Tales from Space: About a Blob Premium Bundle
  • Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
  • Toy Home
  • Toybox Turbos
  • Trash Panic
  • Vessel

With more than 365 games in our ever-expanding catalog, you can play a different game every single day of the year without playing the same one twice.

Click here to try the seven-day free Trial.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

DrZeaud said:

May 3rd, 9:34 am

I wish we could get demon souls and dark souls on PS now. That is something I would love to see happen.

James Martin's Avatar

James Martin said:

May 3rd, 10:13 am

Thanks DrZeaud – we’re always reviewing and evaluating new content ideas, so thanks for the feedback.

MyFinalThoughts said:

May 3rd, 9:41 am

I would and I wouldn’t. Would be nice to replay them but the frame rate and graphical fidelity of most PS now games are horrific, even on my near 400mb per second land line internet. What PlayStation needs to do is have PsNow in the same format, but instead of streaming the games, have them be a time limited download, like an alpha or beta. Would be so much better.

DiracMan42 said:

May 3rd, 9:45 am

Please please *please* add Dark Souls 1 and Demon’s Souls. If you add them, I’ll try PS Now.

rudetoy said:

May 3rd, 10:04 am

No offense, Playstation, but I’d join PS NOW to one day play Dark Souls or Demons Souls on my PS4, not “Barbie and her Sister’s Puppy Rescue.”

tragicphobia said:

May 3rd, 1:19 pm

If you join ps now like I did you will find that at some point all of your save will be erased and when you contact Sony for help they will literally do nothing to help you,read the forum if you want to be disgusted by a company’s customer service.do your self a favor and save your money.THANKS FOR NOTHING SONY.

May 5th, 3:43 am

@tragicphobia

I have never once had that happen and I use NOW across PS3, Vita and PS4. Must have been a glitch. That doesn’t mean it will happen for everyone like implied in your comment.

I do agree it would be lovely to have a way to download your saves off the service somehow though. I LOVED a game on Now and ended up buying the real copy on PS3 and would have loved to have been able to download the save game for the game.

A_Bowling said:

May 5th, 6:43 am

Please add Nascar 15 to ps now. THANKS

Slymdam said:

May 5th, 11:33 am

I din’t understand. Dark souls I and II are there.

Xanthus179 said:

May 3rd, 9:41 am

I see that the seven day trial is mentioned at the end of the article, so I am assuming that these are part of the subscription based service, and not just individual rentals? I just recall that some games were only available as a single rental and not part of the full service.

James Martin's Avatar

James Martin said:

May 3rd, 10:14 am

Hi Xanthus179 – all of these 85 Kids games are included in the monthly subscription. We now have over 365 games in the subscription service.

BigT_333 said:

May 3rd, 9:45 am

LOVE this. I’ve been wanting a new option for my 7 year old and I to do together but didn’t want to pay $50 for a new game.

James Martin's Avatar

James Martin said:

May 3rd, 10:15 am

Hi BigT_333 – glad to hear that you and your 7-year old can play on the service together. Enjoy!

kratos1984 said:

May 3rd, 9:53 am

Any chance of the Ratchet & Clank Collection getting added to ps now? Would love to play the original trilogy after really enjoying the new ps4 game.

May 3rd, 10:26 pm

I also find it odd that Little Big Planet, not even a single game of it, is on PSnow.
    Its one of Sonys most successful franchises and one of the best known Playstation Exclusive series now and none of the titles are available for the platform.

I would love to replay LBP 2 again. One of my favorite platformers of all time. Lots of memories with that game! I miss the PS3 era!

NEOMERCER said:

May 3rd, 10:04 am

Was really disappointed to learn that I can’t play all PSNOW games even with a subscription. I mean really, what’s up with that?! I had used up my trial then I finally went ahead and decided to try it for a month since I just got my new L2/R2 grip for my Vita. I really wanted to play Mirrors Edge on my Vita but couldn’t because it wasn’t included. I’d have to rent it again. The service works best on a Vita, there’s hardly any delay for whatever reason. I also wish that Sony would either just let us remap the touch controls for remote play or start having devs default the controls to acting like a normal DS4 where the missing buttons are in their original locations (R2/L2 upper parts of back touchpad etc.) PSNOW does this and even gives us other options. Why’s it so hard for devs to go with a control scheme that already makes sense?

May 3rd, 10:27 pm

Same here!

There are a few, like The Sims 3, Dead Space 3, etc that are available, but only if you pay extra. I already paid $99+ for the year sub. I should have access to EVERYTHING.

I love PSnow, but for the price, everything should be available.

airJordan_Xx said:

May 3rd, 10:05 am

Can you guys add the ratchet and clank hd collection and Jack and Dexter hd collection and more sly copper games?

May 3rd, 10:27 pm

Actually, all five Sly games ever developed are available.

Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sly Thieves in Time and Bentlys Hackpack are all available on the service already. There are no more to add. ;)

airJordan_Xx said:

May 3rd, 10:06 am

And is there any chance of Bringing The 1 year subscription back deal?

Shug244 said:

May 3rd, 12:57 pm

I would love for this to happen again,I plan on letting my sub end next month because I refuse to pay $200 a year or $50 a month,I think when E3 roles around they will add the deal again for mabye the duration of E3.

Shug244 said:

May 3rd, 12:58 pm

Sorry I meant $50 every 3months.

SmokeAdellic said:

May 3rd, 10:25 am

Bring Folklore to now!

rudetoy said:

May 3rd, 10:25 am

I would also suggest a 6-month special subscription offer. That allows gamers to enjoy the service without committing to a whole year, at a price that’s more reasonable than going month to month at the high rate.

James Martin's Avatar

James Martin said:

May 3rd, 10:50 am

Hi – thanks for the suggestion. We don’t have a 6-month offer, but we do have a 3-month subscription for $44.99, which brings the average monthly price to about $15 per month (a 25% discount off of the monthly price).

rudetoy said:

May 3rd, 12:13 pm

Gotcha, but I was thinking the $8 a month for 6 months, as opposed to the 12 months. That would allow for gamers to commit to a longer period. 12 months is a bigger commitment.

mrdevilstoyou said:

May 3rd, 1:07 pm

Just have PS+ NOW subscription for $99/year. You get + and now together and I’m in forever as a no brainer! Anything more than that, and I’d rather just pay for the game I want to play.

May 3rd, 10:32 pm

This is why I begged and pleaded with alot of people to get NOW when it was $99. I was right, and everyone who didn’t sign up, I see them asking for the deal to return. ;)

They all called me coo coo crazy for suggesting the service at $99 for a year but now a few months after the deal ended, PSnow got so much better in quality and they wish they listened to me. Haha

For $99+ I’ve gotten more than that in quality of games. The Saints Row series, Sly Cooper Series, Resident Evil Series… I’ve had nothing but fun using PSnow and would totally recommend it to anyone who has internet fast enough to run it. Even if you have a PS3, I still recommend it. For the amount of games available to stream, who cares if its the price it is. Try getting them all used for under $200 at Gamestop. Its not possible. Plus, I enjoy the free cloud save included with Now, the trophies, and I love the pick up and play “Pop In Pop Out” features it contains.

Now is a great service. I actually talked my cousin and my friend into both signing up. They did so, hesitantly, but they enjoy it now that they did. My cousin plays PSnow on his Vita all the time, and my friend plays it on his PS4.

TrueAssassin86x said:

May 3rd, 10:40 am

I wish that if you aready own theses titles they would pop-up in your library ready to download for free but i guess sony wants are money and we keep feeding them

BigBossBeepers said:

May 3rd, 11:34 am

It would be great to have Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 on PSNOW

stealthmexican said:

May 3rd, 11:45 am

When is jack and Daxter coming to ps now? Lol

Aided_Onslaught said:

May 3rd, 11:51 am

Bring PS Now to PC. I would use this when I’m away from my PS4.

nevets_78 said:

May 3rd, 11:56 am

I love PSNOW and believe this is the future! Please can you bring back the one year for 99 bucks. That was a excellent promo but one i could not jump on so close to xmas. Summer holidays would be great and for my kids!!!

PicusB said:

May 3rd, 12:00 pm

Which of these are new out of curiosity? Not really my genre but curious since most of the titles listed were there previously

James Martin's Avatar

Rayman Origins
    Rio
    Rocket Knight
    The Legend of Kay Anniversary

May 3rd, 10:34 pm

Thanks for Aqua Panic!

That was one of the first PSN games I ever played. The theme song is so memorable. lol

cpt_spacecase said:

May 3rd, 12:22 pm

How about going really classic and adding ROAD RASH to the service. I loved all the road rash games. Nothing like wrapping a chain around a player’s kneck and flipping him into a brick wall at 180 mph!

Kishnabe said:

May 3rd, 12:25 pm

Maybe will try PSNOW for a month…when I get a PS4. Probably beats Gamefly for a month just for all those easy plats.

Not sure how well the streaming is on the PSVita.

James Martin's Avatar

James Martin said:

May 3rd, 12:33 pm

Hi Kishnabe – glad to hear it! Pls. be sure to use the 7-Day FREE Trial (if you haven’t already). The service works on PS4, PS3 and PSVita, assuming your internet connection speed is at least 5 Mbps and have a good router, etc.

gohan16ken said:

May 3rd, 12:37 pm

Hey

Why are there PS3 games on PS Now that is not on the PS3 PS? For example, God of War 3 and BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger are on PS Now but not digitally on PS3 PS?

gohan16ken said:

May 3rd, 12:44 pm

I finally tired PS Now. I signed up for the 7 day trial yesterday. I was annoyed that even though it was free it asked me for my credit card information. Sadly, PayPal was not good enough, even though I use PayPal for all PS purchases. Second, the gameplay feel “heavy”. I have my PS3 connect to my router via wired at a speed of 105Mpbs but the gameplay just does not feel “natural”. If that makes any sense. Also every time I end PS Now, it automatically restarts my PS3. Sadly, majority of the PS Now games under the subscription model, I already own them digitally so I probably won’t invest in the subscription model. The only game in the subscription model that I want is God of War 3. The rental model have games I want but they are too pricey.

I think all the games should be under the subscription with the option to rent. If you had that and the $99 per year cost, I would sign up just for backwards compatibility. I do not feel PS Now is for me. It is for people who never had a PS3, hardcore PS3 person, and very busy adults.

gameman15 said:

May 3rd, 1:03 pm

Yeah, not to mention that as someone who only has like about 6mbps of internet download speed, it can get really, really, laggy. Even though I never tried the trial for PS Now yet (I’ve only tried out the beta), which is why I usually avoid cloud gaming services. But don’t forget that (as someone who wants to do gameplay videos/streams on YouTube but held back due to YouTube’s broken copyright system) it can also be really problematic if you’re trying to do a live stream of a PS Now game. Not only will it lower your internet speed, it will also possibly cause your internet to crash. Never tried that out, I’m just saying.

May 3rd, 10:41 pm

I find that its from the router that causes problems.

My internet is slower than that and nothing lags until someone in the house starts streaming a video or song, then it gets choppy and the little sad face on the right corner keeps appearing. However, I bought a new faster DLink router and no problems now. Believe it or not, routers DO have speed caps. The box usually says so. Even if you are directly connected via wire to the router, the internal settings still limit your speeds.

Motorola routers are well known for this.

May 5th, 3:47 am

As I tell everyone the reason for credit/debit cards being asked is so Sony can verify the person so they don’t scam multiple trials like Netflix users do.

Its much, much, easier to do with PayPal because anyone can make multiple paypal accounts. Debit/Credit cards you need to order and go through a sign up process that usual takes a week, and they verify your address before its activated. Debit/Credit cards are more reliable for Sony to check and verify than PayPal. This was why PayPal wasn’t accepted on PSN up until a few years ago.

It would be nice, but there are just too many people who scam free trials. My cousin has literally had Hulu free for a year by scamming through fake PayPal accounts. The Shame…

PhoenixML21 said:

May 3rd, 12:58 pm

That’s all nice. Is there a reason why R&C Tools of Destruction and the Jak and Daxter Collection is still not available?

walterxxbates said:

May 3rd, 1:24 pm

The video title should be changed to Kid-friendly games.

Devil240Z said:

May 3rd, 1:32 pm

Are you guys thinking about changing the pricing or including some kind of PSNow content with Plus? I think having now on plus would put your service closer in line with the xbox since they give you two xbox one games and two 360 games that can all be played on your one.
It just seems odd that some of the now games cost more to rent than to buy.

JMG24BAD said:

May 3rd, 1:36 pm

Imagine this: PS Now, offers 1 free rental for a month, as part of the PS+ monthly game collection. Think about how amazing that can be

josh261995 said:

May 3rd, 2:26 pm

Hey James Martin – Would be awesome if you could answer my question. Will these games be coming to the PS Now service in the EU?? and also, could you PLEASE add Star Wars The Force Unleashed 1 and 2 sometime in the future.

BlongTreyLo said:

May 3rd, 2:31 pm

When will PS NOW allow us to download instead of streaming? Everyone who I know owned a PS4 and never like the streamng at all due to the high excessive use of data and broadband just to stream games, especially HD ones. I would really love to download the game instead and play it from there, and yes you’ll have to be “online” to allow it to confirm that you have a PS NOW subscription to be able to play it, therefore even if it’s downloaded it doesn’t allow offline gameplay. It will allow no major lagg and disconnection from streaming game over an already installed game. That would lower the data cost and usage greatly for us players by ALOT, and reduced the . Basically I would just love a download from PS NOW and can only be playable being online than playing it by “streaming”.

May 3rd, 10:20 pm

Contrary to popular belief its not as easy as getting PS1 and PS2 games working. The only reason Xbox 360 games are working on Xbox One are because its not that much different of an architecture jump for the two consoles.

As for PS3 to PS4, the architecture was very different. There still isn’t even PS3 emulators on PC or anything else and there isn’t even any real attempts to develop them because the architecture is so hard to emulate. And when PS4 is PC hardware with 8GB ram I highly doubt if a PC cannot emulate the PS3, the PS4 cannot do so either.

I agree, it would be nice, but Sony is not lying when they say its not possible. They could port them, yes, but that would be digital only releases and take cash to do so.

Kid_Loser said:

May 3rd, 2:32 pm

You guys gotta add Resonance of Fate and 3D Dot Game Heroes on PSNow.

ManchildofPV said:

May 3rd, 3:04 pm

Is there a chance that we can stream games we already own on ps now?

May 3rd, 10:17 pm

+!
    I would love this as well. I already paid my sub fee, it would be nice to play games I own. There are a handful I own that are rent only starting at 5.99 that I would love to stream to my PS4 but cannot do so.

TheFallSolider said:

May 3rd, 6:13 pm

And also Sony, maybe you could add like Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. I mean the first one, and I would really like it if you added Just Cause 2 or 3

sifi32 said:

May 3rd, 7:17 pm

Get any Yazuka on here and I’ll be back on board. Wish I could play an English version on PS4

starry_nights said:

May 3rd, 8:42 pm

Still waiting for Ni No Kuni to finally come

dopekiller12120 said:

May 3rd, 8:58 pm

Cool how I join

foo-leocmpunk said:

May 3rd, 10:05 pm

Why don’t we get another modnation racers for ps4 but with better features and more? Or some other racing kart game!!!

May 3rd, 10:39 pm

A sequel to LBP karting would be cool.

Or maybe even a new “Playstation All Stars”, but instead of fighting, make it a racing game where you race other Playstation characters. But finally get permission from Activision to have Spyro and Crash apart of the project. I was so disappointed that they didn’t appear in All Stars, because they were such a big part of the Playstation’s rise to glory.

foo-leocmpunk said:

May 4th, 3:00 pm

A playstation all star on racing would be nice!! Or at least remaster some racing kart game that already exist to be able to play on ps4 but it would be better a new one!!

May 3rd, 10:16 pm

Would love to see the Ratchet and Clank HD Collection rather than the later boring ones.

May 3rd, 10:23 pm

Also, you don’t have to say much, but are PSone, PS2 and PSP classics still on track for PSNow? Because that was mentioned to be in the plans back before it released but so far it seems like you are only interested in making it an alternate to PS3 emulation now.

Its a fantastic service and I love using it. But PSone, PS2 and PSP games added would add so much more value. You could also add a “wrapper” to watch what you do so when you do something in a game, PSnow awards trophies. Spyro The Dragon would trophy support? Yes please!

May 3rd, 10:36 pm

Can we please get an edit button so I can stop double posting? ;)

Anyways, just to add. I would LOVE to see some bethesda games on here. Like Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas.
    I would understand if they don’t want to add Skyrim, since it still sells like hotcakes today, but both PS3 fallout titles are now out of print and aren’t available on PSN for download. I would think with some bigger name titles, like the Fallout, Elder Scrolls, GTA, franchises, if added, would convince more people to join.

JudeParish said:

May 3rd, 11:18 pm

What I’d really like to see at this point are more of the quirky little RPGs and such..things that were uniquely Playstation like Okami or the Atelier series of games.

JoBoWkicker said:

May 4th, 1:14 am

really very like to see in the near future far cry 3 , dead space 3, mass effect 2, deus ex hr and series tom clancy a total subscribes.

Eldofon7 said:

May 4th, 1:15 am

Thanks for Rayman 3 HD. Another nice similar game, I love to play on my Vita is Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom from Namco Bandai. I hope we see it on PS now in future, together with other Namco supernovas.

Carltron95 said:

May 4th, 5:56 am

Can we get Just Cause 2?

Ujn said:

May 4th, 7:41 am

How can I remove PS Now from my Dashboard? I have ZERO interest in PS Now and it keeps jumping to the front of my screen, I will never use it, it’s only making me mad when it’s taking up a precious spot on my Dashboard. Please allow me to remove it!

wwe23mega said:

May 4th, 7:42 am

Maybe add some NFS games or Mirror’s Edge. That’ll spice up the list.

lord_INFINITE_9 said:

May 4th, 10:43 am

What’s up with the Dragonball Z games? Any of them really! Or boxing/ufc games

Epiksol said:

May 4th, 11:53 am

Good stuff, guys. Keep up the great work!

I’m happy my kids will have even more to choose from now. Personally, I’m excited to get back to Sly on my PS4.

skorge16 said:

May 4th, 3:44 pm

Got any surprises for e3? Im enjoying your service so far :)

unknown_thing632 said:

May 4th, 7:01 pm

Like Everyone else is saying, I would also love to see the Jak and Daxter Collection and the Rachet and Clank Collection make it to ps now, we have the sly collection,so why can’t we get the others as well

porovaara said:

May 4th, 7:38 pm

Why do you disable 3d options? There are a couple of games you can force 3d on, but most of the games that DO support 3d do not support it on PSNOW. (And before someone ignorant chimes in, it isn’t a bandwidth issue, as TD and LR 3d are the same number of pixels per frame.)

There’s tons of 3d PS3 games, let us play them in 3d!

May 5th, 3:49 am

Same reason that the games that support 1080P are forced to output in 720P max. It IS a bandwidth issue, according to Sony.

Realsvi said:

May 5th, 12:30 am

Any chance of us getting 3D Dot Game Heroes up on PSN?

Or have it up for sale?

I just wanna replay that game in some form (gave my ps3 to my little cousin).

Come on, lets make that happen fellas!

El_komander1_3 said:

May 5th, 7:09 pm

How about a PlayStation 2 classic on the PS4 console.
“Black” was a great shooter game that needs a come back.

thoms333 said:

May 5th, 7:23 pm

is it possible to get some karaoke games like def jam rap star? also is there a way to get some old school RPGs ??

lord_INFINITE_9 said:

May 7th, 9:56 am

Hey, all the marvel vs games!!!!!! Classics!! Street fighter v xmen. Marvel v capcom . U had an entire can on section and you didn’t include this????

“Game of thrones bell”

SHAME!

SHAME!

SHAME!

lord_INFINITE_9 said:

May 7th, 9:58 am

-Capcom section

Correction from my last post

lord_INFINITE_9 said:

May 7th, 10:04 am

Hey why am I paying for both ps plus and ps now? I only have one online game. Star Wars BF and I’m paying for ps now to do the multiplayer. Didn’t u guys have a 1yr plan to plus with discounted pricing. It would help! Maybe a plan for if u don’t play online a lot for ps now. And the two free games on there haven’t been all that so far since I had it. Please make some changes in that regard!

PAGE 1 2