God of War

May 10

May 10

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Out Today on PS4

Neil Druckmann's Avatar Posted by Creative Director, Naughty Dog

Today’s the day. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End is out! That’s a surreal statement to make. It’s even more surreal to think that so many of you finally get to turn on your PS4 and go on the final adventure with Nathan Drake. There were times during production when we actually thought, we’re not going to make it — this is the game where our ambition will get the best of us.

This game’s production was hard — probably the hardest out of all the games we’ve ever made. Our ambition was high; the scope was massive; but compromise wasn’t an option because we knew — this is our last Uncharted. Everyone on the team was going to give it their all because we love these characters.

A team of hundreds of the most talented individuals in the industry rose to the challenge in creating the closing chapter for Nathan Drake’s story. Every discipline wanted to make sure that their area of the game did justice to the series. We’ve pushed, helped, and motivated each to create something beyond the limits of what we thought was possible.

Standing back… we’re in awe. We knew the individual parts were great, but seeing how the game came together into something truly beautiful fills us with gratitude and pride. We are extremely proud of the send-off we’re giving these characters — and we couldn’t be prouder of the team that crafted it.

From everyone at Naughty Dog, we thank you for your support — without it we couldn’t make these kinds of games. We hope our passion and dedication comes through. We hope we’ve done you proud.

Until next time,
Neil & Bruce

Add Your Own

cubbielovr said:

May 10th, 6:06 am

I woke up at 3:30 today to play a few hours before work, and I am LOVING it. Really excited to play this one, and I thank you and all the other Naughty Dogs for all your hard work throughout my favorite video game series.

Oste18262009 said:

May 11th, 5:26 am

HAHA I Love How ND added in the playstation 1 with one of its original games! That was so cool, Thumbs up from me!

paulogy said:

May 10th, 6:12 am

Congratulations Neil, and everyone at Naughty Dog! Following the development of this game closely, it definitely seemed like very rough terrain getting here. But now by all accounts you’ve created yet another masterpiece, and the best kind of sendoff Nathan Drake could hope to have :-)

Thanks again and try to take some time to enjoy what fine work you’ve done!

CrusaderForever said:

May 10th, 6:13 am

Wow, what a game! Photo-realistic and I am not kidding. I was up until 3am last night playing Uncharted 3 and then starting Uncharted 4. I finally beat U3 on Crushing at 1am and then played U4 for 2 hours. ND is once again exceptional at story telling. The most glaring difference between U4 and other games is the presentation. This game is just different in a majorly impressive way. The bar has been raised! Well done ND!!!

v_iHuGi said:

May 10th, 6:22 am

Uncharted 4 is a masterpiece!

KidGreengene said:

May 10th, 6:22 am

Neil and Bruce… a toast to you two!

There is Mario, there is Sonic, there is Master Chief, there is Kratos… and there is Nathan Drake! And I am one of the few that love that he went out on your terms and not milked simply for the point of milking. Looking forward to what ND moves on to from here.

Insomnia999 said:

May 10th, 6:36 am

Thank you to everyone at ND for your amazing work!
The Uncharted games and The Last of Us were my favorite games of last generation!
Can’t wait to enjoy this one!

Take a nice break and recharge those batteries!!

testbrit said:

May 10th, 7:01 am

Agreed. Recharge the batteries and then knock another one out of the park with TLOU2!

Postmita said:

May 10th, 6:37 am

Congrats on the release! It looks great and I am excited to play it soon.

EnigmaNemesis said:

May 10th, 6:44 am

Congrats on the release and all the accolades it is receiving. Well deserved!

I did a good job avoiding spoilers and the like, so I am stoked to pick up my Libertalia Edition when I get out of work.

Potlood08 said:

May 10th, 6:49 am

I bought a pre-order version of this game in the PS Store, but I can’t find it anywhere on my PS4. How do I download and play Uncharted 4?

wii2012 said:

May 10th, 8:33 am

They are having problems with some people downloading it they are working on fexing it asap. I’m having the same problem as you

NuklearRaver said:

May 10th, 9:59 am

Potlood08 – have you tried logging into the PlayStation store, going to your list of purchases, find Uncharted 4 , and click on ‘download to ps4’ ?

After that, turn on your ps4, make sure that it is online, and check the downloads section to see if uncharted 4 is downloading.

That is how I got mine to work.

Xsh00taX said:

May 10th, 7:01 am

I can’t believe it’s finally here. Like many others out there, I’m a huge fan of the series and have been impatiently

NuklearRaver said:

May 10th, 7:04 am

I’ve been waiting for this game, it’s Tomb Raider with a better story! They are both great games but I can relate more to Nathan than to Laura. The game started slowly in my 1st 30 min of play, but I’m sure that it will pick up. The graphics are great, the mechanics are fluid, and it has an overall great feel to it.

I cannot wait to try out MP as well.

We’ll done!

KIRAx2000 said:

May 10th, 7:06 am

Thank you Naughty dogs for that masterpiece last night i waited till 06:00 a.m. just to have the honor to play it at launch time . but unfortunately i couldn’t walk through more than an hour cause it just 12 GB from 45 GB .

JuggaloHomie4321 said:

May 10th, 7:10 am

Downloaded it played at midnight til 3 in the morning realky enjoying this game thanks Naughty Dog!

TeamGreen615 said:

May 10th, 7:12 am

Whatever Sony is paying you guys they need to double it! The game has blown me away so far. At 40 years old this is why I still enjoy playing video games. Thank you Naughty Dog!

Spyroluver88 said:

May 10th, 7:16 am

Neil,

I picked up my copy last night. I wanted to play it so bad but knew I have a few busy days ahead of me. It’s killing me not to load it but I was able to look at my new beautiful statute of Nathan. I am prepared to have my mind blown as I did with TLOU. Your team is amazing and I’m sure you delievered, of that I have no doubt. With two sets of unbelievable dynamic duos, you and Bruce and of course, Nolan and Troy I expect this will make me laugh and cry, wringing emotion from me, as I finish the story of Nate. I couldn’t wait to play but I find myself torn because I know this is good-bye to an amazing ride. Thanks for taking us along.

bray4ever8 said:

May 10th, 7:21 am

“A team of hundreds of the most talented individuals in the industry rose to the challenge in creating the closing chapter for Nathan Drake‚Äôs story.”

… and you all succeeded in creating one of the best video game experiences ever. Congrats on the success…. it’s well deserved!

SpartanDuo said:

May 10th, 7:27 am

Playing as soon as I get home. Thank you Naughty Dog for this amazing series and what looks to be the definitive PS4 experience. Greatness is here!

fanofeverything said:

May 10th, 7:29 am

Naughty Dog Has Done It Again. Masterpiece After Masterpiece, Numerous Delays, and all the hype was worth it in the end. Thanks Naughty Dog, Been A Uncharted Fan Since 2007 Wow It’s Been A Amazing Experience throughout the years , Congrats On The Release Of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End.

ANGRYFEAR5 said:

May 10th, 8:23 am

Played it for a few hours last night for as long as I could. Amazing. Respect. Thanks again for making such a great experience for all of us to go through.

Vcheese said:

May 10th, 8:46 am

I haven’t been able to go pick my special ed copy, but i’m totally sure its beyond awesome. Thank you guys at naughty dog for such an incredible masterpiece. Greetings from Mexico!

LeandroDiFini said:

May 10th, 8:58 am

EXCITEEEED!!! This will be my first big game of 2016!

Oste18262009 said:

May 10th, 9:08 am

I loved the uncharted series soo much, and then you make this. The graphics, the gameplay, the EVERYTHING, is Astonishing. I almost cried when I first played it because it is just such a good game! Thank You Naughty dog for making the unbelievable game. I am so excited for the ending because i pre-ordered it 2 MONTHS ago!

tusunami said:

May 10th, 12:57 pm

Everyone has been waiting but it’s out so now find something else to complain about.

solace357 said:

May 10th, 9:34 am

A soaring accomplishment guys. You’re on your own level in the industry.
I’m 4 hours in, and I’ve shouted out with joy so many times already.
You deserve all of the success and accolades.
Much love from your community!

mtndewgamer41 said:

May 10th, 10:03 am

I’m so exited to play multiplayer with everyone and single player campaign too I cant wait #uncharted 4

Aibo2387 said:

May 10th, 10:10 am

Congratulations on your hard work Naughty Dog! You guys definitely deserve all these high reviews on Uncharted 4! Keep up the amazing work you guys do there! And thanks for thanking us supported fans too! Its good to know some companys thank there fans! Once again congratulations on Uncharted 4! And definitely looking forwarded to your guys next masterpiece game! ^_^

Xcaligamer1 said:

May 10th, 10:13 am

Taking a break for a bit. Made it to chapter 9

duke301 said:

May 10th, 10:13 am

It’s been an incredibly long day at work today, but it will be waiting for me when I finally get home. I can’t wait so that I can finally start playing!

bbrahmo said:

May 10th, 10:54 am

Thank you ND for making such a game! I’ve just started playing and it’s really great! I can’t wait to continue the story! Once again, thanks!

xrapperkdx said:

May 10th, 10:54 am

Thank the Naughty Gods!.

Can’t wait to be off work!

KLEEBANKLIBAN said:

May 10th, 11:13 am

I remember getting the first Uncharted as the only game for my PS3 when I got the PS3 for Christmas so many years ago. The game looked like a lame adventure game I would never play, but it was all I had. Started playing it and it was AWESOME! Never been so impressed with how wrong I was about a game. Later leanred that it was by the same guys who made Crash and then I developed a new respect for ND. The original Uncharted is the only game I’ve managed to get all trophies for, and my only platinum trophy. Haven’t played 3 yet but I have the remastered collection so I will start 3 tonight while I’m waiting for 4. Thanks ND for giving PS such awesome exclusives! Loved Crash Bandicoot, loved The Last of US, and loved Uncharted! You guys really are the most impressive team I know of and as far as I’m concerned you are the biggest credit to PS game-wise. I also really like that you aren’t killing your games with too many sequels! Looking forward to Last of Us 2 (if that’s a thing) and whatever else you will be working on in the future.

TERMINATOR543 said:

May 10th, 12:34 pm

Since the first Uncharted, each Naughty Dog game I played became the greatest game I have ever played, that was until the next one came along. I thought that trend hit it’s climax with The Last Of Us which became my favorite game for more than just the story and characters. It hit me emotionally for personal reasons as well with the things going on in my life at the time, and is still a game that hits me every time I play the introduction and continues through until the very end.

I have remained on media blackout for most of the build up to Uncharted 4. I watched only 2 or 3 of the trailers released as well as only bits and pieces of the demos shown. I can already tell that this may just surpass The Last Of Us as my favorite game. Later this afternoon I will be starting the last adventure with Nathan Drake for the very first time, the first of many many times. I cannot wait to embark on this one last journey with Nathan, Elena, and Sully.

Thank You Naughty Dog for being the GREATEST game developer of all time. That is no exaggeration. You guys are true artists, and I cannot wait to see what you have in store for us in the future!

aximazzi said:

May 10th, 12:49 pm

Error initializing matsch manager!
Why?
It comes when i will play the multiplayer

elmadin said:

May 10th, 12:58 pm

*YAWN* I can’t wait for this week to be through, I’m sick of hearing about this game! enjoy it, just shut up already

Tatanka2007 said:

May 10th, 2:13 pm

C.E. statue is so-so. Mine had a couple of minor blemishes. It’s probably very random as to quality of it. The game side of things was a bit more frustrating. After I inserted the disc early this afternoon I was very annoyed to find I needed more space to download the patch. I had freed up over 60 GB for Uncharted 4 on my PS4 yesterday. (Where is the external HDD support, Sony? If MS can do it, why can’t you?) What happened was that inserting the disc immediately takes up 48 GB for install. Apparently having 12 + GB wasn’t enough for a day-one patch of 5+ GB. Since it was for the multiplayer part, I just ignored it and started the game.

So far, Uncharted 4 is fun. It’s not as wildly next-gen looking as I would have expected. Graphically it’s not bad at all, but it simply isn’t anything to write home about. To me the benchmark set by The Order: 1886 has yet to be surpassed or even matched. Thus far, everything in Uncharted 4 (I just escaped the prison after losing X) has been rather ho-hum. I feel like I am playing additional levels to Uncharted 3 or something.

MAX_ON_FIRE1 said:

May 10th, 2:39 pm

Best Game ND ever made , thanks a lot .

bam37 said:

May 10th, 2:57 pm

Amazing game this game jus blows my mind please go help other develpors out lol

Scion142 said:

May 10th, 3:14 pm

I just completed the Nathan Drake Collection, having watched Nathan, Elena, and Victor walking towards that sea plane which may or may not have the correct number of parachutes!! What a great romp and it is so inspiring the work the ND team has put into these titles. I’m 67 years old and have been playing video games for a very long time and couldn’t be more excited about Uncharted 4. Congratulations!!!

guatman67 said:

May 11th, 7:34 am

My copy of Uncharted 4 is scheduled to be delivered Thursday and from all the reviews I’ve read i know this will be the best in the series. I’m also a senior gamer (67 years old this Oct.) and have been playing games since the Intellivision. I remember playing so many games back in the day thinking, if these games only looked better more realistic it would be so much more fun. To me it’s just amazing to see how far games have come from stick figure graphics to today’s visuals that rival a Hollywood blockbuster movie. There is probably no studio in the industry as well equipped to turn out this level of quality as Naughty Dog. Considering the joy I expect to get from playing Uncharted 4 multiple times, a simple thank you seems inadequate, even the purchase price seems low compared to the entertainment value received. Well done Naughty Dog and best of luck in the future.

nsnsmj said:

May 10th, 5:33 pm

Congrats! Wish I could play this.

nesta2643 said:

May 10th, 5:45 pm

Neil,

I’m about 6 hours into Uncharted 4, and all I can say is thank you. This series came into my life at a very turbulent time. A time fraught with challenges and devoid of joy. Enter Nathan Drake. Uncharted was total escapism for me at a time when I sorely needed it. Getting lost in the worlds, environments, and adventures of Drake, Sully, and crew was/is something that has brought an incredible amount of joy and fun. Uncharted became more than just a game for me. I found myself invested into the characters and story. As the final installment from Naughty Dog, playing this is bittersweet. Like saying goodbye to an old friend. I never post in public settings, but felt compelled to say thank you to you, and the team at Naughty Dog for your tireless efforts to give Drake the send off he deserves. I recognize that opinions are subjective, however I want you to know that the team at Naughty Dog has made a tremendous impact on me, and that I’m grateful for the work that you do. Look forward to the next adventure.

Syrlis said:

May 10th, 8:25 pm

It is thanks to Uncharted that I learned the PS4 will only output LPCM audio at 2.0 if through Optical. That was very disappointing to learn it doesn’t automatically switch to the best setting for Surround Sound like the PS3 does. Shame on Sony for making audio options more difficult on newer hardware.

As for the game, it is really pretty. Love all the subtle details in the animation. I watched a washing machine jostle for two minutes, lol. First 3 hours of the game aren’t real action, lot of story. Hopefully it gets back to gunplay and action soon, Right now it’s a little too much story over gameplay.

PsychoSploosh69 said:

May 10th, 8:33 pm

Thanks Neil, Bruce and the rest of the Naughty Dog team for this amazing game. I played it for a few hours last night, and am currently on lvl 6. I am totally blown away by this game. The story, the graphics, and the sheer fun. All of your hard work really shines through with this game. It’s sad that Uncharted has to end but thank you for the great adventures you’ve given me, and I look forward to your next project. You guys rock!

Chris

anszbd1 said:

May 10th, 11:40 pm

Congrats on the game release, my uncharted 4 special edition is sitting besides ps4, ready to be played :)

Meteorgun7 said:

May 11th, 6:49 am

Just hit chapter 13 and I am in love. Thank you for this amazing game, your hard work paid off!!

saab01 said:

May 11th, 7:05 am

Loving the single player so far I’m on chapter 7 and so far things are great. Can’t wait to beat the game than jump into multiplayer. So far the environment looks gorgeous and crisp. So far this is my favorite ps4 exclusive after until dawn.

bbrahmo said:

May 11th, 10:44 am

Finished the game in less than 120 hours (2 days) and on the day after the release. The game is beyond incredible, amazing, awesome, great, fantastic. In my years of playing on Playstation consoles, especially the PS4, Uncharted 4 is the best game I have ever played and I don’t think no game will be better than such a masterpiece! Thanks again Naughty Dog!

Hishoko said:

May 11th, 1:15 pm

Can honestly say this is the best looking game I have ever seen and is one of the best games I have every played.

Spyroluver88 said:

May 16th, 10:40 am

Since the first comment I read was a spoiler I’m not reading them all so if this has been said as I’m sure it has, I just wanted to add my congratulations to ND for creating another stunningly beautiful masterpiece. I’m not finished even though all I want to do is play more! But duty calls and I’m sure it will be a bittersweet feeling for me to say goodbye to such amazing characters, so stretching it out could be a good thing.
That being said, I’m really enjoying the ride…I just don’t want it to end. I have to say your games, especially #tlou, changed my life and opened up a whole new genre to me. #naughtydog is a studio that always brings amazing games. You continually push the envelope, whether it be graphics or the fact that playing your games immediately immerses me in their story lines and the humor even in difficult situations.
I could go on and on but I need to go to work so I can spend more quality time with Drake later.

OrangeSwim said:

June 5th, 8:22 am

Playstation store purchased game does not work. My husband and I share a playstation 4. He purchased the game on his playstation userid and can play but I cannot. Playstation wants me to purchase the game again. Note to self: always purchase the game at a store so you can have the disk and both of us can play without having to pay twice.