Marvel's Spider-Man

May 19

May 19

Gran Turismo Sport Launches on PS4 November 15th, 2016

Ken Chan's Avatar Posted by Product Manager, SCEA

LIVE EVENT: Gran Turismo Sport | LIVE FIA Gran Turismo Championship, Pre-Season Test

Gran Turismo Sport Logo

GT Fans! The moment you’ve been waiting for has finally arrived!

Following the exclusive event in London today, CEO of Polyphony Digital Kazunori Yamauchi officially announced Gran Turismo Sport on PS4 would be released on November 15th, 2016.

GT Sport is the world’s first racing experience to be built from the ground up to bring global, online competitions sanctioned by the highest governing body of international motorsports, the FIA (Federation International Automobile). Create your legacy as you represent and compete for your home country or favorite manufacturer through multiple race classes, including GT3, Prototype, Rally, and more.

Additionally, we’re excited to announce the pre-order offerings for GT Sport are available today! Those who pre-order the game will receive early access to a 3-Car Pack, including:

• Ford Mustang Group B Rally Car
  • Toyota FT-1 Vision GT Group 3
  • Peugeot 908 HDi FAP LMP1

Gran Turismo Sport, PS4

Gran Turismo Sport, PS4Gran Turismo Sport, PS4

Additional incentives are available through your preferred retail outlets, including:

• GameStop – 2x Early Access Bonus Cars
    • Chevrolet Corvette Group 3
    • Nissan NISMO GT-R GT3 N24
  • PlayStation Store
    • GT Themed PS4 Avatars
    • GT Sport Dynamic Theme
    • $500,000 In-Game Credit
  • Amazon
    • $500,000 In-Game Credit

GT Sport – Limited Edition

Gran Turismo Sport, PS4Gran Turismo Sport Limited Edition

To commemorate the release of Gran Turismo being introduced on PlayStation 4 for the very first time, we created GT Sport Limited Edition for our hardcore racing fans. Priced at just $69.99 ($89.99 CAD), the Limited Edition contains more than $129 in content including:

• GT Sport Starter Pack (8x Cars) – Gain immediate access to cars within various race class, including GT4, Rally, and more
  • $1MM In-Game Credit – Build and customize your personalized garage
  • Livery Sticker Pack – Bonus livery of numerous brands and logos
  • 30x PS4 GT Sport Themed Avatars – Based on selected GT Sport featured vehicles
  • Racing Helmet – For your customized driver profile
  • Limited Edition Steel Book and Packaging

Don’t forget, we’re just a few short hours away from the Pre-Season Test of the FIA Gran Turismo Championship stream! Show starts today, May 19, at 10:45am PT.

For more information on GT Sport, follow us on Facebook, Gran-Turismo.com, or PlayStation.com.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Sarges24 said:

May 19th, 8:47 am

tickle my pickle. awesome!

StingrayX said:

May 19th, 8:50 am

VROOOOOM!

ZoSam32 said:

May 19th, 9:00 am

haha, well done!

jayrockslife said:

May 19th, 8:53 am

Will there be a digital limited edition as well?

LLEICHT said:

May 19th, 8:53 am

i know what im getting next pay day

MakaiOokami said:

May 19th, 6:59 pm

Half a year early?

Ah who am I kidding. I’m the guy who has 5 games kickstarted, and after years I’m finally getting Mighty No. 9…

Now just waiting for Bloodstained, Shenmue 3, Ray’s the Dead, and Strength of the Sword. So I guess I can’t criticize you for buying a game 6 months early. :D

death_nation100 said:

May 19th, 9:02 am

Yes !! This is what I’ve been waiting for !! i skipped the gym today just to watch this. Also I’m getting GT Sport . Finally a Gran Turismo game on the PS4? What took so long?

starwarz0824 said:

May 19th, 9:02 am

Definitely pre-ordering the Limited Edition. I’m so excited!

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

May 19th, 10:19 am

Definitely worth the purchase, even just for the GT Starter Pack!

OnTheBus666 said:

May 19th, 9:06 am

Awesome I really hope that we get the Porsche license

ossiecastro5 said:

May 19th, 9:07 am

Will this also include a traditional GT single-player career mode, or will this just be an online only game?

Raat said:

May 20th, 6:10 am

I’m pretty sure I read that there will bee something like 117 single player events at release.

Raat said:

May 20th, 6:14 am

SYRAPH said:

May 25th, 12:57 pm

It’s not traditional by any means. They said there are 117 signle player events at release, but the majority of them are tutorials (think license tests), time trials, at least 10 racing ettiquette events (teaching you how to play, not bump into walls or opponents etc), and some one off challenges against AI. The various things you’d find in a traditional GT career mode, like a lot of different cups and tournaments, are not in at all. This game is focused towards online racing and e-sports. I would not recommend getting it if your idea of GT (like mine) is the offline experience.

SYRAPH said:

May 25th, 12:58 pm

Can’t edit my post for some reason, I didn’t mean to say “at all” as that hasn’t been confirmed, but just based off the count of those other events (the tutorials, lessons, ettiquette, time trials etc) if there are any cups and tournaments, there won’t be much.

langdon said:

May 19th, 9:10 am

VR support though? I’m dying to play a racing sim with VR support and a great wheel!

IceAndShadow said:

May 19th, 6:34 pm

I think it does. I was looking up PSVR a while back and I am pretty sure it announced this game as one of the VR games. For that matter when I saw this articles title I was thinking it was PS VR exclusive. I would recomend looking into PS VR top 10 games lists or something like that, you might get your answer there.

ArunTahlan said:

May 19th, 9:12 am

Are car engine sounds improved or is it still ‘The Real Vacuum-Cleaner Simulator’?
PS: Take notes from Dirt Rally on how to do sound design for a racing game.

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

May 19th, 10:21 am

Be sure to check out the live stream in 30 minutes and judge it yourself :)

BroKeN_23_ said:

May 19th, 9:14 am

Crossing my fingers that I’ll be able to get a PS4 before this title gets out so I can pre order this sweet sweet GT Sport

themacstewie said:

May 19th, 9:14 am

Dear sony,
please include support for the $150 Driving Force GT i bought for Gran Turismo 5 and feel i haven’t gotten my money’s worth, and really think Sony should just support at least this wheel because of it being specifically designed for Gran Turismo..

It wouldn’t hurt as much if it was $50 i spent on it, but many people spent more than $150…

karacic1210 said:

May 23rd, 12:57 am

I hope too but Sony is a big greedy multinational corporation and dont give a damnn about your loss.

sealum01 said:

May 19th, 9:15 am

PSVR support is what I’m really looking forward to in GT Sport! This will be an incredibly significant title!

fbutron said:

May 20th, 11:00 am

Agree with you totally!!! Imagine Nurburg with VR

gor1llap1mp said:

May 19th, 9:16 am

Any chance of getting a Limited Edition Dualshock 4? Any word on new wheels or partnerships for Official wheels? A custom Gran Turismo PS4k, whoops!?

Mixer23 said:

May 19th, 9:16 am

I’m uneducated on what exactly this game is… Could some explain or point me to an article that does?

Is this a typical GT game? More arcade-y? Mostly online?

Forgive my ignorance, but I’m interested and would like to find out more.

Anddo said:

May 19th, 9:17 am

Limited Edition it is… I really hope they improve the sound before release.. Other than that, very excited.

G-Force08 said:

May 19th, 9:18 am

The photo mode looks insane. Photorealism to the next level. The game looks great! You guys should embed the new gameplay trailer for the game here.

gor1llap1mp said:

May 19th, 9:24 am

60FPS? PSVR? Mazda 3? Name of Song in Video?

gor1llap1mp said:

May 19th, 9:30 am

So, this is technically not Gran Truismo 7, but more of a Spin-Off like what has been done in the past? Sorry, so many questions, we have been in desperate need of Gran Turismo on PS4 while the competition is doing laps on us. Is Gran Turismo 7 coming next year?

darkthunder158 said:

May 21st, 4:59 am

The developers have said this is “sort of ” like GT 7 but in a way it is a entirely new era for GT games. So basically it is GT 7.

NYPUNK88 said:

May 19th, 9:32 am

A confirmation for VR support?

TrueAssassin86x said:

May 19th, 9:34 am

Cant wait i read on another site Gran Turismo Sport will feature a campaign, Arcade and Sports Modes and will feature on and Offline racing. And of course will use PlayStation VR

Ethereal said:

May 19th, 9:37 am

Sign me up for the limited edition! This year is turning out to be packed with great releases! My poor bank account….

Longhinus said:

May 19th, 9:38 am

Will Amazon have the Limited Edition or will be digital only?

Mixer23 said:

May 19th, 9:46 am

It can’t be digital only if it includes a SteelBook case.

darkthunder158 said:

May 21st, 5:03 am

Yes, And I checked for a amazon prime discount. There does not seem to be any discount. I want a 40% discount, so I am waiting.

LazerCheeze said:

May 19th, 9:41 am

Sounds like an online only game to me…

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

May 19th, 10:22 am

Features online and offline modes, including Arcade

TrueAssassin86x said:

May 19th, 10:24 am

Nope it has a campaign mode, Arcade Mode and Sports Mode and on and offline racing and VR support

JLisinski96 said:

May 19th, 10:12 am

Forza Horizon is better

TrueAssassin86x said:

May 19th, 10:25 am

Forza Horizon sucks and this coming from a real xbox user

fbutron said:

May 19th, 12:05 pm

Ja ja Forza Horizon is simcade with rewind ultra fail

This is the real true driving simulator!!

mastorofpuppetz said:

May 21st, 4:47 pm

Forza horison is open world, 30 FPS arcade game lol, not even the same, as a sim GT does laps around it.

JohnnyCash69 said:

May 19th, 10:21 am

19 tracks….think I’ll pass thanks.

AlmightyMikeNYC said:

May 19th, 10:25 am

Will this be for the PSVR?

Devil240Z said:

May 19th, 10:28 am

Where do I go to watch the stream?

Enforcer_X said:

May 19th, 10:30 am

I really wish for Driving Force GT support, aside from that when can I pre-order the limited edition on Amazon?

TrueAssassin86x said:

May 19th, 10:49 am

Is there a reason why the limited edition aint live yet on the PSN store ? I have 70.00$ i was saving for a flash sale but i’m willing to part with it now for GT:Sport limited edition.

polykroma said:

May 19th, 10:59 am

Oh my, oh my, oh my. I’ve been waiting a long time for this!

ExtremeGamer said:

May 19th, 11:02 am

Really hope the limited edition gets a digital release.

tmibde38 said:

May 19th, 11:36 am

Gamestop has the limited Edition,
Where Can You Buy the Gran Turismo Sport Collector’s Edition ???????????????

fbutron said:

May 19th, 12:06 pm

Yeah where I can preorder the Collectors Edition?

Aeolus426 said:

May 19th, 11:42 am

Maybe you a-holes should finish Gran Turismo 6 before putting this piece of crap out, where the hell are the rest of our cars you promised!?!?!

fbutron said:

May 19th, 12:07 pm

Talk to yourself man I already completed and invested more than 300 hours in GT6 more than any other $60 game

TwinDad said:

May 19th, 11:46 am

Will the Avatars and Themes be available at a later date for sale on the PSN store?

Aeolus426 said:

May 19th, 11:46 am

You force the Bugatti vision gt into our games and yet we can’t have it, what the f– is wrong with you!?!?!

Lord_Orpheo said:

May 19th, 11:59 am

Why isn’t this called “Gran Turismo 7”? Is there a fundamental difference in physics that make the game more arcadey than sim?

bunt6 said:

May 19th, 12:11 pm

Looks amazing… Too bad myself along with the 28,000+ other G25, G27 & GT Logitech Wheel owners won’t be buying it until PS4 support is provided as it was originally indicated. Here’s a suggestion Sony — add support and I’ll bet that you’ll pull in an easy additional $1,680,000 in sales ($60 game x the number of upset Logitech Wheel owners who have voted for this on your Share.Blog over the past two years).

Sadly, I’ve had to pass up on a lot of potentially great driving games over the years, as I’m sure others have as well.

DeanTheMean said:

May 19th, 12:26 pm

Sony, please support Logitech wheels!

ArunTahlan said:

May 19th, 2:49 pm

Sony, please announce Playstation support for Fanatic Wheels at the earliest.
    We know that the licensing process is on.
    CSW2 + Driveclub VR + GT Sport VR = Perfection

ArunTahlan said:

May 19th, 2:57 pm

Correction: Fanatec, not Fanatic :)

robot_romeo said:

May 20th, 8:50 am

Exactly. And don’t forget the 21,000+ Logitech owners that signed the change.org petition too. The minute they announce support, I will preorder.

Altivec said:

June 14th, 2:37 pm

No G27 support means no driving games for me. Sony and developers easily lost at least 5 game sales to date from me alone. I have already boycotted Logitech products but If this doesn’t get fixed up shortly, the PS4 will also be my last Sony product. Too bad too, I really like their TV’s, which I upgrade every couple of years.

DeanTheMean said:

May 19th, 12:22 pm

Any chance to get support for old wheel? Logitech G series rules!

whereymyconary said:

May 19th, 12:23 pm

How many cars come with the base game? 8 total cause that’s pretty sad.

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

May 19th, 1:11 pm

GT Sport will feature 137 cars, all built from the ground up for PS4

Xanthene said:

May 19th, 12:51 pm

I’ve passed on so many racing games because of no G27 support. I hope that’s resolved before this comes out. Can’t justify buying a new wheel when I have a perfectly good one.

tusunami said:

May 19th, 12:53 pm

The best realistic simulator racing game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ArunTahlan said:

May 19th, 2:12 pm

My impressions from the event

Positives:
* Possible VR support. If this happens, then despite other negatives I would likely still get the game and headset.
* That half-mile race ring looks super-fun.
* Finally this game has a livery-editor. That’s a minor positive in my book.
* Yellow flag and Safety car.
* The launch event was decent.

Negatives:
* Doesn’t look much better than GT6. This game is improving at a snail’s pace while the competition(Forza) is taking Titan steps. GT is slipping.
* Graphics are only marginally better. No wow factor. 2 year old Driveclub looks better.
* Seeming over-indulgence in Photo Mode. A lot of resources were wasted which could have instead been used to make a better game.
* You know its GT when you see low poly shadows, low poly tree leaves and faceless spectators.
* Flickering noisy pixels abound. This was a characteristic of GT5 & GT6, and it looks like its coming to GTS.
* Engine sounds was a major complaint and nothing much seems to have changed here,
* Accidents break any limited immersion that this game has.

So, to all those plastic-steering warriors I would like to say this, GT is a Game and not a Sport.
But you can still enjoy it for what its worth.

ArunTahlan said:

May 19th, 2:22 pm

continued…

So, is Gran Turismo ready to be a ‘credible’ eSports yet? Not yet.
    If anything, those were possibly two of the most meaningless FIA accredited trophies ever given out. Just slapping FIA label is not sufficient when the gameplay is not there yet. The reason I say so is because:
    * No Damage encourages rash driving. It was more like toy car championship.
    * Racers smashing into each other without any penalty! That first lap of Manufacturers championship looked like Destruction Derby. This game needs much much better race stewarding and penalty system.
    * Yellow Flags are a nice feature but with the plentiful accidents it was no longer used after the start of 1st lap.
    * Some of the race timing data was messed up. The race presentation could have been better.
    * Drivers paired up with random cars made the race unfair.

However it wasn’t all bad:
    * Japanese drivers were wowza. Specially T Takahashi and Y Tsubayashi(correct name?) were a league apart.
    * Those 2 trophies are likely some of the best I’ve seen. Damn, real F1 winners don’t always get such good ones.
    * Replays are a nice feature (assuming that it will be in game during some spectator mode).

fbutron said:

May 20th, 8:18 am

Yeah all modes are confirmed to be compatible with VR !

As for Driveclub that game is good for only 30 fps GT always go for the maximum 60 fps, you cant have the same detail in graphics

And in the case of Failza is not even in the same league as GT dont even try just for example there is not weather not even talk of dinamic weather

ArunTahlan said:

May 20th, 10:12 am

VR support confirms that its a buy for me.

Maybe GT should offer a 30fps mode in single-player, for people who prioritize graphics over 60-fps.

Btw, I’ve been playing Forza 6 these days. Its my first proper Forza game (not counting Horizon) and I can easily say that the game is great. Forza has some amazing new tracks(prague, rio, yas marina), good car selection, better damage system, better graphics (PC compatible), liveries (now GTS makes it even), much better car sounds, dynamic weather (puddles!), better sense of speed, usable in-car view, etc. But its core racing doesn’t feel sim enough, AI makes some stupid mistakes, its not as tastefully made as GT(GT has a european feel and better music, presentation, etc. ), doesn’t have a great reward/progression system (don’t like reward spins & mods). I am sure that one of the reason Forza is now on PC is because Microsoft is planning full Oculus support in near future.

So basically while Forza isn’t overall quite at the level of GT, but it still does lots of things better. GT should try catching up on these areas, otherwise Forza can possibly fix its remaining issues and become a genre leader. Competition is good.

davidbillmanoy said:

May 24th, 3:54 am

Is GT a Genre Leader?

Devil240Z said:

May 19th, 2:38 pm

When is the beta?

EL_happ said:

May 19th, 3:43 pm

Love this game been a fan for a long time

Spikkolo said:

May 19th, 3:46 pm

When will Pre-Orders be available on PS Store?

Lego_My_Eggo said:

May 19th, 4:12 pm

Just for clarification since the post constantly mentions “Early access” are the cars in the special edition and pre-order bonuses just early access to cars you can get by playing the game, or are they actually cars from a DLC pack?

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

May 19th, 6:09 pm

“Early Access” meaning they will be added to your in-game garage immediately upon power up. You can get them by playing the game, but it’ll take some time

JimmyLSanchez said:

May 19th, 6:24 pm

I preordered the Limited Edition. I was quite impressed and can’t wait to play this in November!

COACH_913 said:

May 19th, 9:22 pm

I’m going for the #1 FAN package of #granturismosport ps4 digital copy, plus limited edition to get all the perks!

EEnemy said:

May 20th, 2:24 am

i’ll be getting the limited edition for sure.

PAGE 1 2