Knack 2

May 29

May 29

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 5/31/2016

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

Hi everybody! I’m swapping in for our old pal Ryan Clements for the next few weeks. There are some stellar games launching this week, including the highly regarded adventure game Oxenfree, voice-controlled strategy game There Came an Echo, and even a new PS2 classic you can play on your PS4. Not too shabby! Have a great weekend, everybody.

New Releases: May 31, 2016
Dangerous Golf
PS4 — Digital (Out 6/3)

Dangerous Golf

Welcome to the world of Dangerous Golf. An arcade style sports game with a very explosive twist. Rack up scores by causing as much damage and destruction as possible.

Dead Island: Riptide Definitive Edition
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Dead Island Riptide Definitive Edition

Welcome to the Zombie Apocalypse experience of a lifetime -– and now more beautiful than ever. Caught in the midst of an epic zombie outbreak on the tropical island of Banoi, your only thought is: Survival!

Dead Island Definitive Collection
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Dead Island Definitive Collection

Smash heads, crack skulls, and slice ‘em up with visceral melee combat and true story-based four-player co-op in a sprawling open world just waiting for exploration.

Delta Strike: First Assault
PS Vita — Digital

Delta Strike: First Assault

Jump into intense action with your favorite aircraft like classic airplanes, jets, helicopters and even a drone. Blast your way through buildings, missiles, bullets, tanks, helicopters, jets and much more!

Hard Reset Redux
PS4 — Digital (Out 6/3)

Hard Reset Redux

Hard Reset Redux is an action-packed and hardcore single-player shooter which embraces the best qualities that the genre has it offer. It includes over-the-top destruction, loads of enemies, great weapon variety, a challenging campaign and a beautifully realized cyberpunk setting.

Kick & Fennick
PS4 — Digital (Out 6/2)

Kick & Fennick

Kick & Fennick is a smooth and easygoing platform adventure about Kick, a little boy with a very big gun, and a small flying robot named Fennick.

MotoGP 15
PS3 — Digital

MotoGP 15

The thrilling MotoGP series is gearing up again! Delve into the new game modes, build and personalize your team in the exciting Career mode and win countless competitions to become the best!

One Piece: Burning Blood
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (PS4 Version at Retail)

One Piece Burning Blood

Take to the sea in this dynamic fighter staring the world’s favorite pirate crew. Use Devil Fruit, Haki techniques, and punishing combos to turn the tide in the ultimate 3 vs. 3 One Piece battle royale!

Oxenfree
PS4 — Digital

Oxenfree

Oxenfree is a supernatural thriller about a group of friends who unwittingly open a ghostly rift. Play as Alex, a bright teenager who brings her new stepbrother Jonas to an overnight party on an old military island.

Plague Inc.: Evolved
PS4 — Digital

Plague Inc.: Evolved

Your pathogen has just infected ‘Patient Zero’ — now you must bring about the end of human history by evolving a deadly, global plague while adapting against everything humanity can do to defend itself.

Primal (PS2)
PS4 — Digital

Primal

Help search for a loved one in a frightening world of demons and darkness.

Score Rush Extended
PS4 — Digital

Score Rush Extended

World’s first widescreen dual-stick bullet-hell. Made for YOU, for all gamers. Empower the player philosophy. Pure finely-tuned gameplay. No gimmicks.

Shadow Blade: Reload
PS4 — Digital

Shadow Blade: Reload

Shadow Blade is an action platformer set in a visually striking world where the ancient teachings of ninjas and samurai clash upon a modern landscape.

There Came an Echo
PS4 — Digital

The Came an Echo

There Came an Echo is a real-time strategy game in which the player assumes command of a small squadron, using an advanced voice recognition system to issue orders.

Neon Chrome
PS4 — Digital

Neon Chrome

Experience a ruthless top-down cyberpunk shooter and blast your way through enemies and walls. The path to stopping the Overseer is ever changing.

Paranautical Activity (Cross-Buy)
PS4, PS Vita — Digital

Paranautical Activity

Paranautical Activity combines the classic FPS action of games like Doom and Quake, with the randomness and difficulty of modern roguelikes like Binding of Isaac and Spelunky.

Art of Balance
PS4 — Digital

Art of Balance

Grab your DualShock 4 and build a balanced stack in this physics-based puzzler! Art of Balance is easy to pick up and hard to put away.

PlayStation Music Logo

• Juicy J & Wiz Khalifa – TGOD Mafia Presents: Rude Awakening
  • Classixx – Far Away Reach

PlayStation Video Logo

• 10 Cloverfield Lane
  • London Has Fallen
  • POWERS | Season 2
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows – Pre-Order

PlayStation Vue Logo

• Scream – May 30 at 10/9c (MTV)
  • Archer- June 2 at 10/9c (FX)
  • Comedy Bang! Bang!- June 3 at 11/10c (IFC)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

ThunderEmpress said:

May 29th, 10:04 am

FIRST!!!!

Fedast said:

May 29th, 10:46 am

Congratulations! Incredible achievement.

ThePimento said:

May 29th, 12:35 pm

Wow, is it still 2000? Didn’t realize people still cared about posting “FIRST” for no reason.

KrlozGod said:

May 29th, 7:31 pm

And of course people who bought Primal on PS3 will have to pay again if they want the game on PS4, way to go Sony. Too bad you forgot about something called cross buy that you started to implement when most people were team Xbox.

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

May 29th, 8:22 pm

Kriz are you really that upset over something that they said would be a per game thing and they didn’t know it would continue?
    You think you kids today would be happy your parents buy you this expensive machines and lots of games and deals do happen…but no someone always has to complain about something.

JRey38 said:

May 29th, 9:31 pm

Grew up already. That whole “FIRST” is a thing of the past. We’re going to be halfway through 2016 and your telling me people are still doing this “first” thing? Oh please give me a break.

MakaiOokami said:

May 29th, 9:38 pm

If Sony made all the PS2 classics cross-buy with the PS3 version, there would be almost no chance of other companies releasing any PS2 classics.

Why? Well because people would expect cross-buy. Not to mention the fact that the PS3 version is a lot easier to do than the PS4 version, because the PS3 version doesn’t have as many modifications to the game, and as much programming and testing as the PS4 version does. So it’s not like it’s free.

There’s a chance I guess that other companies won’t release PS2 games HDified anyway, at which point 20/20 hindsight suggests that an upgrade fee would be have been a reasonable middle ground, but in the here and now, I would prefer that companies release a lot of PS2 games on PS4, which means they need incentives to do so, and not expectations of getting a discount for cross-buy freebie.

I’m biased I didn’t buy any of the PS2 PS3 games, and I want to see Dragon Quest 8 get the HD upscaling.

KrlozGod said:

May 29th, 9:59 pm

ZanFear said:

May 29th, 10:10 pm

Guys, please help me. My local Best Buy charged me for Star Wars blurays, but I explained to them that I already own the movies on VHS AND DVD. But they won’t let me take the blurays for free! Come on, they’re the EXACT same movie, just with better visuals and other extra features!

KrlozGod said:

May 29th, 10:34 pm

+ ZanFear please help me. My local Best Buy wants to charge me for listening to my copy of Master of Puppets on my new stereo, their reasoning is that it sounds better that when playing it on my old stereo so I have to buy it again. They didn’t have a problem tough back when they were not the most popular store if I wanted to listen to it on my portable CD player.

GhoseyJR said:

May 29th, 11:05 pm

Well I’m not as interested in these titles yet, we’ll see… I guess…

cleversignin said:

May 30th, 1:59 am

dammit Sid, Ryan always posts the first comment to avoid this exact thing.

MakaiOokami said:

May 30th, 3:27 am

If this is your statement…

“It’s not that hard to release a PS2 on PS4 game, they are not remastering the game the emulator does the upscaling, they just have to test it like every other game for every other platform and add trophy support. The should at least offer them at a discounted price like $2 for owners of the ps3 versions.”

Tell me how much that costs to do. How many hours the games have to be tested for, how much the testing costs, how much it costs to add trophies…

But charging $2 for people who already own the game would be insane. Mostly just because that would set a precedent that would keep any other developer from wanting to release PS2 games on PS4, because Sony burned the bridge by setting expectations like that.

You’re just going to have to wait for a sale.

WolfyHopeless said:

May 30th, 8:51 am

Except it’s not the same game, so buy it again or don’t. If you’re that butthurt about it, no one is forcing you. God it’s astounding the bawwing you re-re people do.

matdub69 said:

May 31st, 4:28 am

OMG! I want to have your babies.

FinalFantsy887 said:

June 4th, 7:01 am

Man They Really Should Put Grand Theft Auto 2 And Grand Theft Auto London 1969 And Grand Theft Auto 1 For Psone Classics On The Playstation Store, i really want to play those games,

Clairdio said:

June 8th, 5:49 am

Does anyone know if dead island remastered allows ps4 users to play with ps3 users?

RoD_GX said:

May 29th, 10:15 am

Wow, what a week, there’s something for every taste.
I must say I’m surprised for three reasons: Delta Strike on PS Vita, never saw that coming. Gonna get my copy and play the hell out of it. The second surprise met my eyes when I saw Plague Inc – a mobile title which will not have a Vita release. And last but not least, Shadowblade is coming, which is also a “mobile” game… to the PS4?! I thought a Vita version was in the works. I hope it still is.

As for Paranautical Activity, I’m on the fence about it, so I’ll see what the reviews say and make up my mind.
About time we finally get some Air Combat game for the Vita. Wish there was plenty by now, but I guess it’s better late than never.

Tjoeb123 said:

May 29th, 10:19 am

Also The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

May 29th, 10:33 am

Yep, real interested in that! And yep, had to skip the Blogcast this week – almost everyone was out. Sorry bout that!

Tjoeb123 said:

May 29th, 10:20 am

(also, no PS Blogcast this week…?)

davidj1996 said:

May 29th, 11:06 am

I’m soooooo ready! It’s already downloaded and ready to go tomorrow night!

MakaiOokami said:

May 29th, 9:41 pm

I would settle for each host getting up on a soap box and talking about what ever they wanted for 10 minutes and then releasing that. XD

NuklearRaver said:

May 30th, 8:02 am

First post is forever , which is too bad for those with their panties in a bunch.

Nothing for me this week, but I’m looking for something along the of Tomb Raider , Uncharted 4, Battlefield , etc . Something really well done.

vanillamoose said:

May 29th, 10:22 am

Really appreciating the vita support this week! Delta strike looks like a decent title, might pick it up once I get through downwell over the long weekend. Also I’m curious to try oxen free. Happy gaming everyone!

spacedelete2 said:

May 29th, 10:23 am

yet another week of nothing but mobile ports and remasters. in a way iyou are doing me a favor Sony as your saving me money by not having many good ps4 games.

rudetoy said:

May 29th, 1:36 pm

That’s pretty much Sony’s modus operandi these days. They couldn’t be bothered to bring some varied content. It’s all small platformers and ports. The Vita is, as always, pretty much ignored.

MakaiOokami said:

May 30th, 3:31 am

How exactly is it Sony’s fault there’s not a flood of multi-million dollar brand new games flooding the market every week and being entirely economically unstable? How is it Sony’s fault exactly that games which take years to make, aren’t being spat out every week?

John-117 said:

May 29th, 10:28 am

Not the same excitement of an Uncharted or Overwatch but a solid week of games.

jrodfantastic said:

May 29th, 10:32 am

Anyone know if Kick & Fennick is cross-buy?

MrSignal said:

May 30th, 10:37 pm

Won’t know until they do the obligatory blog post on it later this week.
    It’s charming enough to justify paying for it though.

JinZer069 said:

May 29th, 10:35 am

Delta Strike: First Assault is a PS Mobile game. Does this mean Sony is porting over PSM games to Vita? PSM has some gems that should be rolled over to Vita.

Superstone said:

May 29th, 4:35 pm

I hope so. Super Crate Box please!!

JinZer069 said:

May 29th, 6:25 pm

@Superstone
    I was fortunate enough to grab Super Crate Box and a few other PSM games before PSM shut down.

Fun game and needs the deluxe Vita edition treatment. I’m talking trophies, multiplayer(local and online) and whatever else they could add to make the games replayability higher than it was.

KrlozGod said:

May 29th, 7:36 pm

Super Crate Box for Vita and PS4 would be awesome, hopefully with multiplayer. There is a really cool multiplayer mod for the PC version.

JinZer069 said:

May 30th, 8:54 am

@KrlozGod,
    Super Crate Box is on PC too? And has a multiplayer mod?
    Yeah Super Crate Box needs a Deluxe Edition on PSV and PS4 with cross play and cross buy. The works!!!

Mecha_Sonic_75 said:

May 30th, 8:16 pm

Would be great to see the PSM version of Tokyo Jungle on the proper Vita storefront. And the PS3 version, too! Preferably both bundled together.

gohan16ken said:

May 29th, 10:37 am

No PS3 games coming out? I won’t get a PS4 until next year.

FoxStar1 said:

May 29th, 10:53 am

Then you are out of luck.

BlaqMagiq24 said:

May 29th, 8:26 pm

There will only be about 5-10 altogether coming out for the PS3 this year with most of them being ports. If you’re expecting tons of PS3 games in this day and age you’re expecting too much.

dhunter_12 said:

May 29th, 10:46 am

Hard Reset! My pc did not support it at the time, so Im happy I’ll be able to play it now!

Mgalens said:

May 29th, 10:48 am

curious if theres any chance of a patch for wild arms 3 since the psn version has an issue with crashing and a bug affecting the sandcraft.

Sonicfan11589 said:

May 29th, 10:49 am

UGH! I JUST bought Paranautical Activity on Wii U the other day. I knew it was gonna come to PS systems at some point but wasn’t sure, oh well. Decent week for releases. I think I might pick up Primal, I didn’t finish it on PS3 as a PS2 Classic, I remember my older brother playing it years ago which is how I got interested years ago, still waiting for Ape Escape 2 or 3. Hopefully next week!

Sonicfan11589 said:

May 29th, 10:51 am

Also isn’t Dangerous Golf from the same people that made the Burnout games? It sounds interesting, I wonder if they’ll be a PS Plus price discount?

HellBringer1975 said:

May 29th, 11:07 am

Kick & Fennick is amazing i hope its cross-buy as i have it on vita already but what a amazing week for me as a huge dead-island fan and now Kick & Fennick and hardreset a game i loved on PC for how crazy difficult it gets , so for me this week is perfect even if fenric is not a crossbuy . o and witcher 3 add on also is out this week

MaDogNik96 said:

May 29th, 11:08 am

Looks like Oxenfree and There Came An Echo for me. I’ve heard good things about Oxenfree and TCAE seems interesting (plus I like the cast). I also forgot Powers season 2 starts this week.

I wanted to request for the PS2 classics, can we please get Katamari Damacy? I also want more KIng Of Fighters games. 2001, 2002, 2003, and XI specifically. Thanks!

dkarlowicz10 said:

May 29th, 11:10 am

PS2 classics (from PS4) on Vita please.

Superstone said:

May 29th, 4:20 pm

Totally agree.

livingwithoutyou said:

May 29th, 11:18 am

Kick and Fennick was awesome on vita. Also will Dead Island also be sold separately

kmtburton said:

May 29th, 12:08 pm

Yeah DI and DIR can be bought separately for $20 a piece or together for $40. At least that’s what they said when they announced it. Don’t buy on disc though as DIR isn’t on disc anyways for some reason.

paulogy said:

May 29th, 11:36 am

Hi Sid! Thanks for filling in for Ryan so we still get our Drop :-). You excited/anxious for E3?!

It will be interesting to see if Colin likes these shorter, more direct descriptions of the upcoming games (hint: probably not ;-)

TomHoang said:

May 29th, 12:00 pm

Primal on PS4, nice! I kept holding off on a sale on the PS3 version, but it’s nice to now play a better version.

Noaxzl said:

May 29th, 12:02 pm

Until Sony adds cross-buy support for PS2 classics on the PS4 (meaning any PS2 classic I bought on the PS3 can be downloaded on the PS4 for free), I’m not giving Sony any money towards a PS4.

rarejpn12345 said:

May 29th, 12:17 pm

No worries, I buy PS2PS4 games on two accounts so you’re all good.

dilbig5 said:

May 29th, 9:34 pm

Ps2 on ps3 isn’t the same as ps2 on ps4 but you know, eh.

ZanFear said:

May 29th, 10:14 pm

Hey, can you please help me? My local Best Buy charged me for the Star Wars blurays, but I explained to them that I already own the movies on VHS AND DVD. But they won’t let me take the blurays for free! Come on, they’re the EXACT same movies, just with better visuals and other extra features!

SilentNova said:

May 29th, 12:27 pm

A lite week for me which is really good at this moment. Might just pre-order Umbrella Chronicles then. As it is Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- soon for me.

Blu3bombr said:

May 29th, 1:05 pm

I think we need some better descriptions on the games here maybe some screenshots.

Asshawk said:

May 29th, 1:30 pm

Art of Balance leaving the Wii U? Huh, maybe I’ll pick it up in the hopes that Fast Racing Neo gets ported over (a vita version of it would be great)

rudetoy said:

May 29th, 1:34 pm

Has anyone noticed that Sony casually bypassed their annual Spring 99-cent sale this year? They had it in March of both 2014 and 2015.

This year? Nada.

Clearly, with the PS4’s rampant success, they feel less of a need to make these kinds of offers. And, if you notice, the # of flash sales is decreased from the last couple of years as well.

TERMINATOR543 said:

May 29th, 2:04 pm

They have been offering flash sales on a monthly basis, the last one only being within the past couple of weeks where a lot of big critically acclaimed games featuring both indies and AAA titles were offered for less than $5. I am sure you will be seeing another 99-cent sale again soon.

gameman15 said:

May 29th, 2:16 pm

@rudetoy I agree with you, the sales that Sony is giving us have been pretty crappy this year so far. That and the fact that the PS2 games on PS4 doesn’t support cross-buy with PS2 classics on PS3, nor does it support the original discs are pretty much the reason why Sony has been getting out of touch lately. That “Spider-Man Characters Demand Sony to Return Their Rights to Marvel” YouTube video is right. Sony truly doesn’t care about the fans. But not just Spider-Man fans, but their own fans as well.

rudetoy said:

May 29th, 8:25 pm

TERM, Sony usually lines up their types of sales at the same approximate time each year. The Golden Week sale is always the same time, Best of E3, etc. This is the first time in 3 years that the 99 cent sale didn’t happen the 3rd week in March. It hasn’t happened at all. I hope you’re right about it happening soon.

Agreed about Sony not caring about the fans. There’s so much evidence to support that theory that it makes me sad to think about actually.

dilbig5 said:

May 29th, 9:45 pm

There were two 99 cent sales in 2014 and neither of them were in March. They were in mid April and mid July. And there’s a flash sale every month. That’s been like that the last few years.

TERMINATOR543 said:

May 29th, 2:15 pm

The Drop really needs a huge overhaul. This is an embarrassment for you guys and has been for a long time. These descriptions are terrible, and would it kill to insert trailers/gameplay videos? I understand you guys on the social media team stay very busy, but The Drop is probably the second most important post you do every week besides the PlayStation Store updates. Also it would be very nice if you guys put in the confirmed add-ons coming as well, especially the big expansions a lot of people would be looking foward to as well.

Death8u4u said:

May 29th, 3:10 pm

Embarrassing? The embarrassing thing is how people insist that a free service should have far more work put into it than it is worth. These guys do this as more of a side project than anything, and you want them to invest a few more hours into working on it so that you don’t have to spend less than 3 seconds doing a quick Google search to find out everything you need to know about these games?

Furthermore you want them to add in “big expansions”? For what reason exactly? Everyone interested in the expansions you’re referring to already knows they’re being released, so adding them to the list really serves no purpose whatsoever.

JSEVERITT said:

May 29th, 7:58 pm

I would argue that the posts from developers introducing, explaining, etc thier games are WAY more important than The Drop, which is really just redundant information.

SCREWEYES-64 said:

May 30th, 4:23 am

I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s free; we buy these games the systems the apps and so forth. Without those purchases there would be no drop blog. I agree that more information should be given with each game posted to release. I don’t know about upcoming DLC but prices and trailers which don’t have to be in depth just some minor gameplay with a wash to the ps4 logo or whichever system it’s being released to. it wouldn’t be a very hard thing to accomplish and would likely help increase profits. as it would help bolster excitement – planning of purchases.

siriusbee said:

May 30th, 5:47 am

I kind of see it more as just a ‘taster’, or even a reminder of new games releasing this week, so I don’t expect too much more from it. The full details are typically in the update posts on Tuesdays. There’s no need for too much redundancy here, especially, as someone above said, we live in the age of the Internet and you can look stuff up by yourself if you want more info.

Death8u4u said:

May 30th, 8:50 am

SCREWEYES-64, how much do you pay for accessing the Playstation Blog? How much does it cost to view “The Drop”? Nothing. That is quite literally the definition of “free”. So yes I would, as would many others, refer to this service as “free”. You paying nothing into a service and making demands that far exceed their worth is simply unreasonable.

TERMINATOR543 said:

May 30th, 3:08 pm

In that case the whole PlayStation Blog is a side project. The fact of the matter is, if these guys are going to do something as a side project, it still needs to be done right. I am not saying they need to completely go back to the drawing board with it, as I know the social media team stays very busy, especially now with E3 coming up. My main gripe is the fact that we see little to no coverage on a lot of these games coming every week as it is, the least they could do is give a better description or put in a short trailer. You have to think, Sony has to spend time and money getting these games through certification and everything to get them on their store. The least they could do is help sell them a little better. These descriptions are terrible, and do not do a very good job at all on help marketing these games. If anything, they will scare people away from buying the game. I am not bashing the team at all, but they can spend one extra hour on this post every week, fixing these descriptions and adding trailers and it will give these games a better chance at selling well.

Death8u4u said:

May 30th, 3:54 pm

Either you’re interested in the game or you’re not. Taking away the apparently complicated task of using Google for 3 seconds is not going to sell any games. Hell, its more likely to cause them not to sell a game due to lazy folks that don’t actually spend the time to look more into a game before purchasing it.

You use a lot of words that you either don’t understand or simply have no concept of how they’re applied in this scenario. “Need”, embarrassing”, “important”, etc.

Just a bit of friendly advice..don’t use words like “embarrassing” if you want to avoid bashing the team. You might consider it constructive feedback, but it is an insult regardless of how you try to spin it.

Dmaki650 said:

May 29th, 3:44 pm

Sweet Primal! I have a friend show just won’t stop raving about that game. I’ll have to finally give it a try. :-)

sifi32 said:

May 29th, 6:23 pm

Eager to try out the Odin Sphere demo on Vita this week too. Loved it on PS4. Looking forward to playing Primal again too. Loved it when I first played it; such great characters.

KrlozGod said:

May 29th, 7:32 pm

dilbig5 said:

May 29th, 9:35 pm

They aren’t the same game

KrlozGod said:

May 29th, 10:01 pm

+ dilbig5 I just checked the store and Primal is for PS3, it’s the same PS2 version, not a GOTY or something with extra content, like Devil May Cry Special Edition or Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance.

dilbig5 said:

May 29th, 10:25 pm

But it does have more content. And extra goodies. 1080p, trophies, share play, and remote play. Neither of which are available with the ps2 classic on ps3. That’s why they’re cheaper too.

KrlozGod said:

May 29th, 10:41 pm

They just add trophiy support, everything else is a native feature of the PS4 (share play, remote play, streaming) or done by the emulator (the 1080 upscaling). I could play one of my PS2 games on an emulator on my PC and it would be upscaled too. They should at least offer some kind of discount to existing owners and offer the games for $2 or $3 at most for them, instead they raise the price from $6/$10 to $10/15.

Death8u4u said:

May 29th, 10:52 pm

This is how they treat virtually all games that are brought back randomly like this. There’s no incentive in it for them to bring a game with a very small market for it back if the majority of the people buying it will end up getting it for $2. If a $12 difference is this much of a big deal for you, might I recommend finding a more profitable occupation?

KrlozGod said:

May 29th, 11:19 pm

+ Death8u4u I’m not saying that they should charge $0 or $3 to everyone just to existing owners, and I don’t see why it would be a bad incentive because not just PS3 owners would download the game again but new players too specially when a lot of them are previous 360 owners instead of PS3. AlsoI have almost 20 PS2 classics, so when all of them are released in PS4, if they all are, I would need to pay more than $200 if I wanted to play them on my PS4, not just $12, there are people with even more than 20 PS2 classics.. And no, it’s not a money problem, it’s an issue with Sony being dbags this generation.

dilbig5 said:

May 30th, 4:29 am

It doesn’t matter if it’s native or not, it’s still a feature that the ps3 version does not have. Share play is not a native feature for all games either, the developer decides if it can use it or not. If you can play it on pc, why not do that? It’s only upscaled so no trophies, share play or remote play. There are no existing owners of primal with those features if you only have the lesser ps3 version.

Death8u4u said:

May 31st, 8:13 pm

I genuinely don’t think you understand how small of a market you’re talking about here…Primal is a PS2 game. IT looks heavily outdated and plays like a very old game. Thinking about “new” players is simply too optimistic. Sure there will be a handful of new players, but the vast majority of the people buying that game will be the ones that already own it. If you only have a few hundred (maybe a few thousand) people buying a game and most of them are going to be getting it for $2-3, there’s almost no incentive whatsoever to release it at all.

If this wasn’t a concern about money you wouldn’t be mentioning money at all. Yet it is your entire point…

bankythehac said:

May 29th, 8:41 pm

where are the ps1 classics there are so many i would love to see

Kang_81 said:

May 29th, 9:17 pm

I wonder if Kick & Fennick will be cross buy compatible, it’s a fun game on Vita.

Speaking of Vita, Shadow Blade Reloaded is better suited for the Vita. The original on iOS was good, I haven’t played the sequel, but would love them to be on the Vita.

AtlasIsShruggin said:

May 29th, 9:31 pm

What happened with Asemblance? I thought we were expecting the game in May?

cammers1995 said:

May 29th, 9:37 pm

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for primal! Such a fantastic underrated horror title from one of my favorite Sony studios! You rock! Day 1 purchase!!!

cammers1995 said:

May 29th, 9:40 pm

Primal was one of those games that deserved a sequel, and everyone who played it wanted it, but never got it. Same goes for other Sony classics like Drakan: The Ancients Gates, Ape Escape 3 and Extermination.

SPEAKING OF, can we PWEEEEEEEESE get Extermination?

nikki_boagreis said:

May 29th, 10:05 pm

Cross purchase usually only works on games if you purchase on last gen then purchase on current gen within a limited time usually a month after purchasing. Like Destiny, Call of Duty etc if you purchased on last gen as digital you had a month after activating you’re PS4 it was a promotional deal. Not really sure why you need Cross purchase anyhow, maybe backwards compatibility for physical format games but Cross purchase then you can just make another demand of Sony.

Furthermore how is this an embarrassment, this is more then enough detail or description for games why do they need game trailers when the ps store has trailers for just about every game except PSN games. Maybe you heard about this little invention called YouTube. The Sony motto “it only does everything” is taken to literally, this isn’t an embarrassment. No offensive but these hard workin loyal Sony representatives do this every week just so they can get criticism from randoms :)

death_nation100 said:

May 29th, 10:06 pm

Kick and Fennick ???? Thats a PS Vita game what’s its doing on PS4 ? Its does not fit well with it .

ZanFear said:

May 29th, 10:16 pm

I’m assuming Paranautical Activity is the “Deluxe Atonement Edition”?

opikal said:

May 29th, 11:20 pm

I was hoping to see Dex on this list, I thought it came out the 3rd, but maybe it was delayed.

VinsanityV21 said:

May 30th, 1:36 am

Art of Balance? That’s a pretty cool game, for anyone looking for a chill puzzler with great visuals. I’m glad Shin’En is starting to branch off from being a Nintendo-exclusive developer; they’re fantastic, yet super underappreciated over on WiiU (at least judging by how few people rate their games on the eShop). Hopefully they end up bringing a version of F.A.S.T. Racing Neo to the PS4 eventually.

Looking forward to some time in the future when I actually have money to buy One Piece Burning Blood. The demo felt great; I don’t even like One Piece, but I love free roaming fighters – I feel like I could really get into that one! Beyond that, I’m gonna wait on reviews for Kick & Fennick and Shadow Blade Reload.

siriusbee said:

May 30th, 5:51 am

I have it on the DS–fun little pick up ‘n play game. But it could be really cool with VR, no?

leakypirate said:

May 30th, 5:05 am

Hooray for powers! I loved that show. It’s a shame it took so long for the second season but that just gives me high expectations. I know greatness can’t be rushed.

TrueAssassin86x said:

May 30th, 6:18 am

Looking at theses comments makes me ashamed to be a PlayStation gamer. Anyways since we dont know June’s plus games yet i have a feeling dangerous golf is one of them. Either way i’m buying that game anything by the burnout developers are golden. I might get Oxenfree i played it and enjoyed it on xbox i might double dip on that game

Dusk83 said:

May 30th, 6:48 am

Soul Reaver 2, Blood Omen 2, & LOK Defiance PS2-to-PS4 .. PLEASE?

JackMcKak said:

May 30th, 9:07 am

The idea of playing PS3, 2 and One games is nice, but it used to be called backwards compatibility. I see that it can’t happen forever, but the prices of these games need to come way down.

SavoyPrime said:

May 30th, 9:09 am

Definitely gonna purchase Oxenfree. That’s it for this week though. Well, and The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine of course. But that was a given.

Awsaim said:

May 30th, 11:11 am

We NEED Xenosaga to re-release on PS2 for PS4!!!

prince48206 said:

May 30th, 1:46 pm

Does anyone know if Dead Island the definitive collection is just one disc or two discs like the UK version is I heard somewhere that only the first game is on the disc and the other two is a digital code I hope this isn’t the case I rather have both on discs, also animal is a good game I might have to pick that one up off the PlayStation Store

Death8u4u said:

May 30th, 2:59 pm

The retail version has 1 disc and the other games (Riptide and I think the Retro game) are both downloadable with an included code inside the case.

Potter13579 said:

May 30th, 2:16 pm

What I want to know is, where is Psychonauts on PS4?

Charlz4 said:

May 30th, 5:38 pm

Just one quick comment: Thanks SCEA for fixing the Rock Band Exports this week :)

Please don’t forget to fix the Green Day Rock Band Export. You only authorized the download for the GD+ version and forgot the vast majority of us who bought the regular game and export key.

And when you will be done, please give a quick call to your SCEE colleagues. Our Euro gamers are not getting anything so far.

Thanks!

givememytriforce said:

May 30th, 7:27 pm

Sony is bringing over classic PS2 games in digital form that should, in theory, preserve these games forever and potentially make them available to future consoles should consumers want them. Most people don’t have their PS2 any longer and this is just another way to provide us access to these games. Not to mention trophy support added. The only argument that is valid IMO is the price point of these selections. Most of these have gone on sale which is when I will buy them.
Looking at some of the jrpgs I missed on ps1, I either have to shell out loads of money on auction sites or hope to get them like suikoden finally coming out. The PS2 to ps4 is going to be good for us the consumer when you finally realize it.

I guess I just don’t get the argument. I have my Mario 3 cart for the NES and i paid a fraction of the cost for the digital download to preserve that gem. Money well spent.
This is no different here.

Play5928 said:

May 30th, 8:46 pm

One Piece Burning Blood is going to be fantastic for the portable.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

David Lee said:

May 31st, 1:30 pm

It is pretty amazing to play on the Vita! Another edition to Vita Island.

RulitoCR said:

May 31st, 5:54 am

Finally One Piece Burning Blood is coming out!! I already play it last night and it was great!

PAGE 1 2