PlayStation VR

Jun 05

Jun 05

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 6/7/2016

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, Social Media

The Drop

Hi everybody! Quick reminder that I’m swapping in for our old pal Ryan Clements over the next few weeks. With just days to go before E3 (gulp!), let’s check in on those new releases for Tuesday, June 6th. Highlights include the retail release of Paragon with the Essentials Edition for PS4, Mirror’s Edge Catalyst for PS4, Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir for PS4, PS3, *AND* PS Vita, and Steamworld Heist for PS4 and PS Vita. Let the games begin! And please: pray for Mojo.

New Releases: June 7, 2016
Anima: Gate of Memories
PS4 — Digital

Anima: Gate of Memories is a third-person action RPG that tells the story of two beings bound by an unwilling pact, a legendary monster, and a girl who lost her past.

Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (PS4 at Retail)

The budding alchemist Sophie of Kirchen Bell meets the Mysterious Book called Plachta and embarks on a wonderful adventure.

Broken Bots
PS4 — Digital

Broken Bots is arcade-style multiplayer robot warfare where players dish out power-ups to teammates and glitches to foes. Customize weapons, passives, and skills then battle it out in Capture The Flag, Team Deathmatch and King Of The Hill.

Ducati — 90th Anniversary
PS4 — Digital (Out 6/9)

From the creators of Ride comes a spinoff dedicated to the legendary Ducati brand! With 39 models in the game, you can thrash some of the most iconic bikes in history.

Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-
PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail

Choose from more than 20 insane fighters as you battle for glory in the post apocalypse. New fighters, modes, and polished mechanics provide infinite ways to annihilate your rivals. Intense brawls, polished graphics, and massive amounts of content ensure the fight is never over!

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Mirror’s Edge Catalyst raises the action-adventure bar through fluid, first-person action and immerses players in Faith’s origin story as she fights for freedom within the city of Glass.

Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail

In Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, experience the world of Erion as it hurtles towards the end of days as warring kingdoms clash for control. Take control of the magnificently hand-rendered characters in this enchanted realm, filled with mythical beasts and gargantuan monsters.

Paragon Essentials Edition
PS4 — Retail

Paragon is the MOBA from Epic Games that puts you in the fight with explosive action, direct third-person control and deep strategic choice. Earn cards and create unique decks to equip your Hero with abilities that turn the tide of battle.

Psychonauts (PS2)
PS4 — Digital

This classic action/adventure platformer from acclaimed developers Double Fine Productions follows the story of a young psychic named Razputin. In his quest to join the Psychonauts–an elite group of international psychic secret agents–he breaks into their secret training facility: Whispering Rock Psychic Summer Camp. But this is no average psychic summer camp!

Soul Axiom
PS4 — Digital

Soul Axiom is a compelling sci-fi adventure game that will take you on a journey through the deepest, darkest recesses of your soul. You will be taken on an intriguing voyage of discovery through beautiful, haunting locations, facing challenges that will lead you into danger on your mission to unlock your identity, your story, your mystery.

Steamworld Heist
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

Captain Piper stumbles upon a new ally with a past shrouded in mystery. Dive into the action and take on new missions with all-new weapons, gear, and a shipload of hats!

PlayStation Music Logo

• Jon Bellion – The Human Condition
  • Fitz & the Tantrums – Fitz & the Tantrums
  • Garbage – Strange Little Birds

PlayStation Video Logo

• Zootopia
  • My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
  • The Martian (Extended Edition)
  • Independence Day (Digitally Remastered)

PlayStation Vue Logo

• Feed the Beast – June 5 at 10/9c (AMC)
  • NBA Finals – June 2-19 (ABC)
  • Tosh.0 – June 7 at 10/9c (Comedy Central)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

jhill_what said:

June 5th, 10:37 am

Hi

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

June 5th, 10:45 am

Why hello!

rasengan360 said:

June 5th, 8:00 pm

Is ape escape 3 still coming as well?

Mercenary09 said:

June 5th, 10:40 am

Wow I was wondering when Psychonauts was finally going to come out. Also looking forward to Mirror’s Edge, Soul Axiom, and SteamWorld Heist. Good week.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

June 5th, 10:45 am

Quick update – Psychonauts is coming soon but not this week. Sorry for the mistake, look for final timing details soon…

Mercenary09 said:

June 5th, 10:47 am

I remember those days as well. I like how there is something new all year long now though.

rudetoy said:

June 5th, 9:00 pm

Psychonauts is long overdue. Really an unsung PS2 classic. Now it’s time for “Beyond Good and Evil”, another classic. I’m shocked it hasn’t been ported as a PS4 download yet.

Mercenary09 said:

June 6th, 1:35 pm

No problem Sid. Things happen. I’m guessing it might be coming E3 week then? =p

DevilsWolf007 said:

June 8th, 6:44 pm

Dear Sid Shuman I’m sorry for the disturbance but Im confused is psychonauts available on Psn or not Cz some sources say that it’s out for $9.99 but I checked the store and couldn’t find it anywhere can you please explain and thank you for you time

ShoddySkill said:

June 5th, 10:41 am

Excited to get Mirror’s Edge this week. Definitely a unique IP.

Xcaligamer1 said:

June 5th, 10:43 am

Limited funds buy Odin sphere seriously has me tempted. Can’t wait for e3 btw

Metalrocker said:

June 5th, 8:03 pm

I pre-ordered the storybook edition. I was so hype. I would say it’s a must for me and the game I was truly excited to see come out this week.

Elk_mistral said:

June 5th, 10:43 am

Odin Sphere is cross buy ?

Zerbog said:

June 5th, 10:50 am

No, Odin Sphere is a retail release, very rarely are they cross buy. Though on ps4 it runs at a smooth 60 and on vita it looks gorgeous but has some frame rate drops now and again. Either platform should be a good time.

viceforce said:

June 5th, 6:12 pm

Odin Sphere is Cross Save between the 3 systems.

Mecha_Sonic_75 said:

June 5th, 6:14 pm

@Zerbog: From what I heard of Japanese version, the PS4 version also has the same momentary framerate drops. It’s one of the reasons why I am picking the Vita version.

elchorno said:

June 5th, 10:44 am

Yay. Psychonauts!!

jhill_what said:

June 5th, 10:45 am

Odin Sphere. Mirrors Edge: Catalyst, and a few others look interesting like Anima and Soul Axiom. Been stashing away some PSN cards for weeks like this.

JinZer069 said:

June 5th, 10:49 am

Odin Sphere is also available at retail too. Including a PS Vita retail release.

rickvargas said:

June 5th, 10:51 am

Better write-ups this week on the grammatical front; however, the synopsis for some of these games is simply the title worked into a sentence.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

June 5th, 10:54 am

These blurbs are the official marketing copy for the games, we just try to clean them up.

rickvargas said:

June 5th, 11:01 am

Bless you for cleaning them up Sid, it’s just a bit annoying reading about a game like “Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book” and the synopsis is basically the title. But I do appreciate your, and the rest of the PS Blog’s team, work and efforts. :D

podcast_lover said:

June 5th, 11:26 am

Praise Colin!

podcast_lover said:

June 5th, 11:32 am

LOL
    I’ve been praying for Mojo for 18 years.

Fuhr31 said:

June 5th, 2:16 pm

Unfortunately many games will continue to get overlooked. No screenshots and unhelpful write-ups tells me to move on, nothing to see here.

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

June 5th, 7:11 pm

+ Fuhr31 I’m glad it’s not 2016 with the world wide web giving us the ability of looking into it. You may also still have publications you can still read. No. You rather be lazy like most of the people in your generation.

God-Of-Lyf said:

June 6th, 9:13 am

+ Jisatsu_Kiddo that’s the thing it is 2016 and this very blog is supposed to sell us on a new game and only offer a sentence? I shouldn’t have to visit a different site or Google for info that should be here to begin with. If that’s all the game is worth to them then it must be a game not worthy of my time. And come on already, prices are set months in advance why are they never included? They down play it saying they haven’t been set yet however these other sites people have* to visit just to find any info whatsoever have the prices listed. Stop defending the laziness of the PSN Blog team. It’s really sad that they have been doing games for years and still can’t get it together. Anyways, nothing for me this week, it’s cool though I have tons of games I’ve had for years now and still haven’t played. Maybe if there had been better write ups I’d be more eager to play the game…!

JakeNoseIt said:

June 5th, 10:51 am

Gotta decide if I want Odin Sphere on PS4 or Vita, but I’m mostly just excited for Colin to read this post on PS I Love You XOXO.

Tinye310 said:

June 5th, 11:49 am

To me Odin Sphere is a Vita style game, it fits the pick up and play aspect well and the screen on the Vita is superb for the art style of Odin Sphere

Rainwater said:

June 5th, 12:14 pm

Yeah, I’m having the same debate with myself. May end up getting both, eventually.

BathoryBlaze said:

June 5th, 10:52 am

Odin Sphere! OMG, I can’t wait.

JamonSerranoSky said:

June 5th, 11:11 am

Sid,

I thought that Fenix Furia was also coming out next week. It got delayed or something?

lakersnash10 said:

June 5th, 11:14 am

Colin M. doesn’t approve of these descriptions

Alecas119 said:

June 7th, 10:39 am

Actually, Colin M. DID approve. Of course, he promptly took all the credit for its improvement this week, LOL.

locolukah said:

June 5th, 11:17 am

Heard a lot of great things about Steamworld Heist! Waiting for reviews on Mirror’s Edge.

Sonicfan11589 said:

June 5th, 11:23 am

Wow, great week. Gonna get Psychonaughts, never touched the PS2 Classic on PS3 that I got on sale. Also if this week is so good, wonder how next week will be with E3 going on? This week is just the “calm” before the “storm”. I am curious if you guys will have a PS store update next week if so. If not, this week is good enough for 2 in my opinion and understood if you are busy with all the E3 hype going on.

TrueAssassin86x said:

June 5th, 11:35 am

It was Mirrors Edge Catalyst and Soul Axiom for me this but now add Psychonauts, F YA!!! Excuse me while i go change my pants. This is a good week for me

SharkZone360 said:

June 5th, 11:44 am

Awesome drop for this week. Are we going to get gran turismo 3 & 4 soon for PS2 on PS4 on the road?

Tinye310 said:

June 5th, 11:47 am

Atelier SOPHIE! I have been waiting and waiting! So excited! LE on Monday hopefully! Also this makes me excited for the next one announced :D !!!!

D-Squad3 said:

June 5th, 11:58 am

The free PS+ games are coming out this week right?

NeoStrayCat said:

June 5th, 2:22 pm

Yes, since they usually appear every 1st Tuesday of the month for new PS+ titles to appear.

EliteKilla29 said:

June 5th, 12:37 pm

I’m kinda disappointed that we haven’t gotten any ps2 racing games yet for the ps2 classics. I would love to see ps2 game’s like need for speed most wanted 2005, Burnout Revenge, and gran turismo 3 and 4. I will be buy these games in a heart beat if you guys bring them to the ps2 classics section. I enjoyed the heck out of these games back then.

Finozzi1696 said:

June 5th, 1:32 pm

Kinetica is a PS2 racing game and is already available on PS4. It just takes time because adding trophies takes months to do and they need to make deals with those game’s original publishers first before they can bring them to PS4.

Play5928 said:

June 5th, 6:23 pm

Yes, I agree. I am interested in the Auto Modellista title.

nepchanfan said:

June 5th, 12:47 pm

Atelier Sophie….^^

IzoGray said:

June 5th, 12:50 pm

Just wondering if one of you can contact Bandai or CyberConnect to get all seven .hack games on PS4 as PS2 classics with trophies. Would be great.

donnydj76 said:

June 5th, 1:44 pm

Isn’t Fenix Furia coming out this week? BTW Ducati looks great! Any friendship requests are welcome. Huge gamer here!

HussamFelimban said:

June 5th, 2:09 pm

Good week for Vita. We’re getting Atelier Sophie, Steamworld Heist, and the highly anticipated Odin Sphere, all of which seem PSTV compatible.

HellBringer1975 said:

June 5th, 2:09 pm

how about batman collection remaster , its out this week on consoles i have mine pre ordered and its on the way already even EB games did not have a listing but if you ask them its on there computer for pre order this week it seems like there is no ads or any form of media on the game as its weird being such big games . i cant wait to replay the first two batman games and in my opinion they are the best two out of the bunch . cant wait for that joker intro strapped down .

BlaqMagiq24 said:

June 5th, 4:44 pm

Umm it comes out in July. What are you talking about?

NeoStrayCat said:

June 5th, 2:23 pm

Aww, c’mon guys, not one single comment on Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator? >.>

Anyways, will be picking that up soon, and will be ready to rock! X3

ShadowDelta1138 said:

June 5th, 5:10 pm

I am very interested of getting Odin Sphere game for my vita though not gonna get it this week but i plan on purchasing it later this month.

saab01 said:

June 5th, 5:27 pm

Really enjoyed the mirrors edge beta wish I had some cash to pick this up but I am too busy with Uncharted 4 anyways.

CarnageAncora said:

June 5th, 6:08 pm

Looking forward to Anima, Odin Sphere, and Guilty Gear!

MakoSoul said:

June 5th, 6:21 pm

Mirror’s Edge pre-ordered and pre-loaded!

oeroko said:

June 5th, 6:44 pm

Loved steamworld dig, so heist should be amaze!

clupula668 said:

June 5th, 8:21 pm

Don’t understand why anyone would want to play Odin Sphere or Atelier Sophie on a Vita when you can have them on a full beautiful HDTV if you get the PS4 version.

But I guess maybe you don’t own a PS4.

elmadin said:

June 6th, 10:02 am

I own both ps4 and vita.. if a game is on both consoles, I prefer it on vita 100% of the time

Seluhir said:

June 6th, 10:46 am

There are certain games that are more convenient to play on the Vita than PS4… for me, I usually stream, and PS4 works so much cleaner with my Elgato than the PSTV does, so I like PS4 versions… but I can absolutely understand playing it on the Vita.

salaros said:

June 6th, 12:10 am

Where’s the pre order for no man’s sky.

nikki_boagreis said:

June 6th, 12:56 am

Not all games have digital pre-orders, as for playing games on PS4 over Vita because Vita games have cross-saves, cross-play, some games on PSN have trophies but unless you play the Vita edition that adds additional trophies they don’t have platinums. Some digital purchases include PS4 & Vita edition. Not really sure how anyone couldn’t see the pros & cons between Vita & PS4 editions for games. Then again you probably don’t own a Vita

elmadin said:

June 6th, 10:02 am

Exactly!

fanofeverything said:

June 6th, 4:09 am

Ah Mirror’s Edge Catalyst I Completely Forgot About This Game. Maybe I’ll Get this One As Long As its Good.

nikki_boagreis said:

June 6th, 5:22 am

Im anticipating Atelier Sophie The Alchemist of the mysterious book, games aren’t cross-purchase that was a promotional deal if you purchased certain games around the time PS4 released & already purchased it on PS3 as digital you automatically got it as a free download within the first month after you activated you’re PS4 after that even if you purchased it as digital you still had to pay. Some games share trophy list if the games are on numerous systems like Rainbow Moon & FFX/FFX-2 however most games have different trophy list for the same game because technically it’s a different game unless you can import save data.

Seluhir said:

June 6th, 5:55 am

Atelier Sophie is definitely ‘the big one’ this week for me. Odin Sphere is also on my list, but I might need to wait for it since Atelier is gonna take so much time.

Hadn’t even heard of Altima… may need to dig deeper.

WEILY07 said:

June 6th, 6:08 am

I home 7 days to die goes up for pre-order this week

Dukeman07 said:

June 6th, 6:44 am

Colin Moriarty does not approve.

markshneider said:

June 6th, 7:01 am

Great! Now that we have Odin Sphere, we can start dreaming for an updated version of Princess Crown.

Kaznasty- said:

June 6th, 7:42 am

Wow, I can’t remember a week in recent months that had so many games at once that I want. Sadly, none I can afford this week but my wishlist is growing!

Welmosca said:

June 6th, 12:29 pm

Wow Mirror’s Edge is already releasing?…damn how I’ve been out of gaming news,thought it was due to release by the end of the year or so.Oh well not gonna get it on launch but definitely looking forward to it.Getting Guilty Gear in the future too…and we got some other interesting games this week.Sure a lot to look forward to just hard to keep up with all these games as always.

MaDogNik96 said:

June 6th, 8:07 pm

When will we be able to pre-order King Of Fighters XIV? I’m really looking forward to it. I bought KOF 2000 and loved it so much I wanted to try others (since I really haven’t played the series that much). So I started my free trial for PS Now and have been playing KOF XIII as well. If you can add more KOF titles for the PS2 classics, I’ll gladly pick them up. I see hardcore fans of the series would like to get King Of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match.

While I’m on the topic of PS2 classics, please add Katamari Damacy to the store? I feel like I can’t stress how bad I want this game again (which I bought for PS2 and PS3 before). Thanks.

RubberDuck_Quack said:

June 7th, 12:12 am

What time exactly are the ps plus games released?

Action_MSMCk10 said:

June 7th, 12:25 am

what time?

RubberDuck_Quack said:

June 7th, 12:34 am

What I meant was would they drop at 12:PM or what. And also which time would be used?

nikki_boagreis said:

June 7th, 2:46 am

The ps store update for NA is based of California because Sony is in California the ps store usually updates around noon for myself. I like how everyone asks for PS2 classics here & not on devs websites, this is hardly the place as Sony has the final say if games are added in the ps store but it’s up to each individual game development team “if they” want there games added. You can’t just make a demand of Sony & expect that it happens. These hard workin loyal Sony representatives just add what there told by higher-ups & are Social media experts it’s not them who decides what games are added in weekly updates.

RubberDuck_Quack said:

June 7th, 2:49 am

Thanks for that! What time is noon?

RubberDuck_Quack said:

June 7th, 2:51 am

And when it updates could you please message me?

zirocrath said:

June 7th, 5:37 am

ANIMA is a great franchise of table rpg game sessions, or card games as well. Has a great lore as far as I know… but this game looks like a PS2 game.. what a wasted opportunity

Potter13579 said:

June 7th, 11:03 am

Is there a mistake why Psychonauts is out today after all?

Screamwriter said:

June 7th, 12:13 pm

So, I try to download Siren: Blood Curse for Playstation Plus and it says cannot be purchased, because I had bought the episodes 1-4. I’ve run into this kind of problem a few times where you guys split up bundles and then when the bundles are discounted, or free, it the store thinks I already own the whole game.

Is there anyway to download the Playstation Plus full game of Siren: Blood Curse and get around this issue?

Thanks!

StevenWinnipeg said:

June 7th, 4:57 pm

Psychonauts ps4 missing any thing like the ps3 ps3 is same size as the ps2 copy but the ps4 one is like over 1gb smaller

nikki_boagreis said:

June 7th, 5:39 pm

I hate episodic games, purchasing a portion of the game then waiting for the rest. Something tells me Minecraft Storymodes additional 3 episodes will be available by this time next year. Tales From The Borderlands took like a year for all the episodes, i’ve played Sam & Max,Life is Strange,The Mystery of Little Riddle, Back to the Future etc & i’ve found that you’re better just waiting for all the episodes because of deals on bundles or additional episodes like Minecraft Storymode, i purchased the original season pass now another one exist

Also PSN is laggy, haven’t been able to use community features since early last night. I can access the ps store but when i was downloading i noticed i couldn’t renew my plus membership from the yellow plus d-pad on the XMB, community features, what’s new & renew plus membership all say plz wait since early last night.

PAGE 1 2