PlayStation VR

Jun 06

Jun 06

Horizon Zero Dawn: New Trailer, New Release Date

Hermen Hulst's Avatar Posted by Managing Director, Guerrilla Games

We’ve been quiet in recent months, but rest assured that development on Horizon Zero Dawn is still going full steam ahead! In fact, I’m excited to be able to break the silence today with an all-new trailer focusing on our lead character Aloy. We’re exploring the mysteries of her origin, her journey as an outcast and the events that set her on a dangerous quest:

As you can see in the trailer, we’ve decided to push the release date for Horizon Zero Dawn to February 28, 2017. It wasn’t an easy choice to make; we know many of you have been anxious to play the game since we first announced it. However, we also want to ensure that Horizon Zero Dawn lives up to the visuals and gameplay quality that our games are known for. The new date affords us the extra time required to deliver fully on our ambitious vision for Horizon Zero Dawn.

We realize that this decision may not please everyone. At the same time, we’re confident that the advantages of the additional development time afforded by the new date will become clear in the coming months, as we start to share more cool details and videos from Horizon Zero Dawn. We really, really appreciate your patience and continued support, and look forward to bringing you the best game we possibly can in February 2017.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

BLKHRT_13 said:

June 6th, 8:03 am

Colin was right.

supermoc10 said:

June 6th, 8:24 am

A lot of people said it before Colin and it was reported before he ever said anything about it. If anything, Greg was the one saying that the game was gonna get delayed at the beginning of the year, with Colin saying that he would be wrong.

Love Colin but let’s stop:

A. Giving him credit for once hundreds of other people have already said

B. Giving him credit where that is simply undeserved.

mr_chun said:

June 6th, 9:02 am

@supermoc10 I bet that you’re an absolute delight at dinner parties.

OnelShot said:

June 6th, 9:19 am

@supermoc10 ….I don’t think you get the concept of the joke.

MMaLuFF said:

June 6th, 9:40 am

Colin is always right o/

nafscub said:

June 6th, 10:31 am

who’s colin?

luvtoseek said:

June 6th, 10:57 am

@chun: what supermoc stated is true. Instead of offering a mature response, you decided to insult him.

Haha, the irony of your “party” insinuation.

Blackballhog said:

June 6th, 11:08 am

Of course its true, but that’s not the concept of the line/joke. It’s supposed to be humorous more than anything.
    Colin is a member of Kinda Funny with Greg Miller, maybe even more importantly he is your new president in 2020 :-).
    Lots of the lines that reference Greg or Colin or Beyond! Are referring to these 2. Great people/channel to follow for Playstation/gaming fans.

AGx-07_162 said:

June 6th, 12:01 pm

How bad is it that this was my first thought too.

TeamGreen615 said:

June 6th, 8:42 pm

Tropical Storm Colin

Mikey1123 said:

June 6th, 8:04 am

Crap! 2017. Still a first day buy for me.

omegazio said:

June 6th, 8:05 am

Yes i can’t wait to get this game i need to pre order it ASAP.

porhawj2014 said:

June 6th, 8:05 am

damn February 2017.. it is day one buy for me. this game is one of my most anticipated game for 2017.

Patsrule0316 said:

June 6th, 8:07 am

I am anxiously waiting to play this game. It looks great, but I applaud you taking the time to get it right. I never buy in to release dates set 6 months or more ahead, and any release date should be taken with a healthy dose of salt. If 2017 is anything like 2016, the period between February and May is better than the period of the previous August-November anyways.

Protohype said:

June 6th, 8:07 am

PS4.5 enhancement maybe, just a guess.

KazeEternal said:

June 6th, 11:06 am

That’s support that can be patched in. Assuming such a thing exists. They don’t need to delay it clear into Late February of next year to get that working.

testbrit said:

June 6th, 8:08 am

I think we all expected that this would get delayed … still, the game is looking more and more interesting, at least to me.

DancerNinja said:

June 6th, 4:16 pm

Exactly, that was my first thought after watching the initial trailer. Ppl these days view icons as gods and its really not that hard to predict anything in this very predictable world.

Seluhir said:

June 6th, 8:09 am

Don’t get me wrong… I am hugely excited for this game…

but I say thank goodness. There were way too many games set for 2016 as it was, glad to see a few of them moved to 2017 to ease the burden on my wallet and my time.

SilentNova said:

June 6th, 8:36 am

This has been an insane year for me. Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines was only $39.99, but then Street Fighter V, Battleborn, Uncharted 4, Valkyria Chronicles Remastered, Ratchet and Clank, and I got the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game and this week I want to step back. I have Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator- coming tomorrow already, but Odin Sphere is still tempting as can be. I have already gotten my charge for Star Ocean V Limited Edition. Still Final Fantasy XV, King of Fighters XIV, even Call of Duty Infinite Warfare from me. Just so much coming out left and right.

Seluhir said:

June 6th, 9:20 am

I tallied it up… there are between 5 and 7 games I want to play this month, another 4-5 next month, another at least 3 in August, another 3-4 in September… and those are just the ones we already have release dates for. All told, there are like 35-40 games still yet to release this year that I want to play.

Delays are a relief for me, as long as it isn’t Persona 5. If they delay P5 again……. *glares at Atlus* Don’t even think of it.

Seluhir said:

June 7th, 11:02 am

They thought of it :(

TimeSkipLuffy said:

June 6th, 8:09 am

Just do it right. I’d rather have a great experience from the start then a half baked broken game I don’t want or can’t play at all.

Elvick_ said:

June 6th, 8:10 am

Hype

cubbielovr said:

June 6th, 8:10 am

I am not surprised at all by this delay, but I am surprised that I am even more excited for this game after that awesome trailer! Day one purchase for me!

YnGOnQue said:

June 6th, 8:11 am

The fact the game has been pushed to a later date to give us customers and players the best experience is amazing, so happy when devs don’t rush there game

Ace2540 said:

June 6th, 8:12 am

Looking forward to this game! As long as the push leads to less glitches and more content, I’m fine with waiting for an even better game!

texbuk84 said:

June 6th, 8:12 am

Do you think you guys will release a collector’s edition of the game, maybe with some artwork, backlog of how the story came about, a Aloy statue, and some other freebies? I would REALLY appreciate a collector’s edition and would pre-order it( well switch my pre-order because I already have the game paid off at my local gstop).

cubbielovr said:

June 6th, 8:25 am

At the end of the video, there is a link to pre-order it, and in that link, there is a list of many versions (including a collector’s edition). I’m excited for the Deluxe Digital one.

SiloEyes said:

June 6th, 8:16 am

Disappointing, but called it since the NMS delay.. I don’t think Sony has managed to get a single exclusive out on time this generation, but I guess that doesn’t matter when they’re still the number one selling console every month.

Seluhir said:

June 6th, 8:20 am

If you mean the PS4 hasn’t had any exclusives on time, not true at all…

if you mean actually developed by Sony… you might be right, although I don’t recall any delays to inFamous First Light when is technically a standalone…

FearMonkey said:

June 6th, 8:16 am

Aww, we have to kill humans in the game? I am disappoint. :(

MailOrderNinja said:

June 6th, 8:17 am

Hmmm 2016 is looking much less appealing for the PlayStation brand in terms of exclusives.

ZanFear said:

June 6th, 1:47 pm

lol Sure kid. 2016 has been, and will continue to be, a great year for games on the console. Not just console exclusive games, but the best console experience for multiplat games too.

TJ_Solo said:

June 6th, 1:52 pm

2016 continues to be an awesome year in gaming. A delay for this game isn’t going to define this year at all.

frightwolf2005 said:

June 6th, 3:42 pm

Alienation, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted 4 and Gravity Rush Remastered came out already this year and were pretty damned good. Do some of you guys judge a console by its holiday line-up and not its games total?

ZombieRollz said:

June 6th, 8:19 am

Good job Guerrilla Games! This looks beautiful! Take your time :D

Dionysus-Jones said:

June 6th, 8:21 am

Take your time, Guerrilla. My money will be waiting.

On a sidenote: I’m not sure how I feel about the voice actor choice for the narration (tribe leader?).

xhooterz25 said:

June 6th, 8:22 am

Please don’t ruin this game. Sony has spoiled Uncharted 4 too much before the final release. Someone need to stop this.

gus_xl said:

June 6th, 8:32 am

Ya, I think I’m going to go media blackout for this one. I’ve already seen enough to know I’m going to buy it.

Schlittschuhlauf said:

June 6th, 8:23 am

Tell players it’s coming in 2016
Make them buy ps4 immediately
Delay it

ZanFear said:

June 6th, 1:49 pm

No one made anyone buy something they didn’t want in the first place. Those that do are very weak to marketing. You mad?

TJ_Solo said:

June 6th, 1:50 pm

I always saw the “2016” as a tentative thing and didn’t hold them to any date. Any players that bought a PS4 just for this game in “2016” will still be able to play the game “2017”. Maybe all those “2016” buyers will buy other games until then. One can only hope.

veryhoudini11 said:

June 6th, 3:07 pm

Only an idiot would buy a console just for an exclusive that hasn’t been released yet.

gus_xl said:

June 6th, 8:23 am

2017? You just hurt my heart a little. This is definitely the game I’m looking forward to the most. ( Rigs is looking good too )

KonietzkyStrain said:

June 6th, 8:25 am

Looks great but after getting severely burned over the last eight months. I do not pre-pruchase OR buy anything on “Day One” any longer. I tend to wait three-six months before buying ANY game regardless of Developer. Often within three months almost all games are $20-40$ cheaper to begin with, and most bugs tend to be fixed or tweaked within three-six months also.

saiyanknight87 said:

June 6th, 8:27 am

i’m not mad it’s too many games coming this holiday i got star ocean coming this month, finishing up my ratchet and clank play through and then final fantasy coming in september trust me i’m good on games. Playstation 4 has fulfilled all i need this gen already lol.

Vyprstryke said:

June 6th, 8:31 am

Let’s see I put my vacation requests in in December…Uncharted 4 was delayed twice…so April actually a good bet?

helbertpina said:

June 6th, 8:33 am

Don’t really care about the delay, just hope you don’t need a PS4 “Neo” in order to enjoy the game as it’s being advertised. ;)

Trendy_Kid said:

June 6th, 8:36 am

Yay my birthday month. I’m down with that.

Mando44646 said:

June 6th, 8:36 am

looking great! Day One for me

Drago95 said:

June 6th, 8:40 am

Tried to pre-order in the PlayStation store and I keep getting the page not found error. Is it not available for pre-order yet?

JohnnyCash69 said:

June 6th, 8:45 am

So Sonya only games for this holiday are a game that was supposed to come out 7 years ago and gt sport and that just looks awful (this coming from someone who loves GT). Oh and I forgot about the horrible ps neo. Solid year Sony.

frightwolf2005 said:

June 6th, 3:48 pm

We don’t know what the Neo is until they announce it at E3, so we don’t know if it’s good or bad or if it has any effect on the base PS4.

The games still to come this year are The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2, What Remains of Edith Finch, The Tomorrow Children, and possibly Drawn To Death, Wild, and Wattam, plus Playstation VR. Almost all of them look great.

That’s in addition to Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank, Alienation, Gravity Rush Remastered, MLB: The Show and Shadow of the Beast which released this year, plus the Hardware freebie.

This year’s been *itchin’

paulogy said:

June 6th, 8:48 am

Looking GOOOOD!! Please, take all the time you need! This looks like an incredible game in the making, that should get the attention and polish it deserves.

The fact that we’re getting a trailer now makes me wonder if we’ll get another live gameplay demo at E3? I sure hope to see even more :-)

tusunami said:

June 6th, 9:31 am

@paulogy what gaming system do you play on?

AizawaYuuichi said:

June 6th, 10:06 am

@ tusunami: Why does it matter? What relevance does that have in regards to paulogy’s comment? If you’re referring to the fact their trophies are hidden, that alone shows that they either own or have access to a PS4, since you can’t hide your trophies completely from a PS3 or Vita, without doing it on a game-by-game basis.

paulogy said:

June 6th, 1:32 pm

@tusunami Yes.

JohnnyCash69 said:

June 6th, 8:59 am

Also stop announcing games so early. It’s getting ridiculous since none of you guys can make a deadline.

mixedkidbx said:

June 6th, 9:01 am

Whats really a surprise is that people still be surprised games get delayed.

Every one should expect every game to be delayed for now on. People who get mad cuz a game gets delayed, its your own fault. You should know by now to expect delays in games.

Todays standard in gaming is to announce a games release date, then delay it, usually more than once, before it finally does come out. Its just what the gaming community has come to.

I mean lets be real. you really think studios arent going to take advantage of any type of news and hype they can get, and then when the hype/news dies down they need to do something to bring that hype back up.

dregojax said:

June 6th, 9:25 am

Programmation and design are, by nature, never finished.

Delay are almost inevitable.

So, stop being angry about it.

BlaqMagiq24 said:

June 6th, 9:28 am

This delay is perfectly fine with me. 2016 is already STACKED with a ton of games this year. I’m still not sure if I can afford them all. Take as much time as you need. 2017 needs good games too.

Seluhir said:

June 6th, 9:37 am

Amen to this lol

Rickter28 said:

June 6th, 9:28 am

comes out on my birthday :D cant wait

tusunami said:

June 6th, 9:29 am

A lot people not happy about the delays of games that’s too bad it’s part of the gaming industry. And besides this one game can’t be the reason why you bought a PS4 & if it is you better start learning about other great games.

Rychy said:

June 6th, 9:34 am

Narration is horrible ( I hope the story has better writing ), but looks phenomenal otherwise.

the_FREELANCER said:

June 6th, 9:35 am

Disappointed but take your time!

CrusaderForever said:

June 6th, 9:44 am

Looks spectacular! I bet the delay is for optimizing for PS4K/Neo. Which is an amazing idea as I will be a Day One purchaser for both!

JeRzYzFyNeSt said:

June 6th, 9:44 am

please make a better box art

jmmd_01 said:

June 6th, 9:45 am

that trailer looks amazing, i’m really looking forward to this game

mikemill said:

June 6th, 9:49 am

Amazing trailer. One of my most anticipated games. Take your time to do it right, we can wait until February.

Also… PLEASE bring the collector’s edition to the USA!!!

quickfire123 said:

June 6th, 4:51 pm

Will the Limited Edition becoming to US? I called GameStop just now and they do not have it listed in their system.

quickfire123 said:

June 6th, 4:54 pm

Posted this in the wrong spot sorry xD

elpecas said:

June 6th, 9:55 am

Please give the US the same collector’s edition as the announced EU Collector’s edition. The statue looks sweet!!

OmniCloud said:

June 6th, 9:55 am

Voice acting could use some work. All other areas it looks fantastic..

Linaleah said:

June 6th, 9:56 am

on one hand… I’m sad about longer wait. on the other hand.. please take the time you need to make the game as amazing as you can. I would rather wait a few extra months and end up with something incredible.

KagatoAC said:

June 6th, 10:01 am

So the collectors edition has no price point and is “Not available in the US” according to the link. Amazon says its out of stock. :(

IAMLEGEGEND33 said:

June 6th, 10:12 am

When is this up on the psn store?

Sarges24 said:

June 6th, 10:16 am

As unfortunate as it may be late 2016 is shaping up to have a treasure trove of releases so perhaps Feb ’17 is a better release date. Regardless of it’s release this was a Day 1/Pre-Order in my books. Great job GG & staff, keep up the good work.

NarcoticTerror said:

June 6th, 10:32 am

I for one am sad of the push back, but completely understand. Homefront was another that should have been pushed back. I’m wondering that with the push back and VR going to be out, if they will implement it into the game some how?

PAGE 1 2