Marvel's Spider-Man

Jun 08

Jun 08

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue E3 2016 Trailer

Kaori Takasue's Avatar Posted by Social Marketing Manager, Square Enix Japan Studios

Hello Kingdom Hearts fans! Did you get a chance to see the new gameplay trailer for the upcoming Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, which showcases Aqua, one of the original Keyblade wielders, and her battle against the Heartless? The battle is featured in a completely new playable episode in Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A fragmentary passage –, which is included in the HD compilation and includes next-generation graphics.

The brand-new storyline will provide players with a preview of the upcoming events of the highly anticipated Kingdom Hearts III.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue also includes Kingdom Hearts χ [chi] Back Cover, a new tale that sheds light on the mysterious foretellers, as well as new HD gameplay from Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance.

It was so hard to contain my excitement when I saw the mysterious Foretellers come to life. We all huddled around the trailer to watch the segment a few times over! Take a peek now if you haven’t seen it yet:

We’re extremely thrilled to see fans getting their hands on Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue at the Square Enix booth at this year’s E3. If you are at E3, be sure you do stop by our booth to say hello!

Add Your Own

BathoryBlaze said:

June 8th, 5:09 am

Final Fantasy 8 please.

bestrader said:

June 9th, 3:53 am

The gauntlet has been dropped! But while we’re at it, how about a PS4 port of Final Fantasy IX which is currently on Steam?

XxNidav3xX said:

June 9th, 4:49 pm

Yes please.

Tidusfanboy said:

June 8th, 5:11 am

This looking way better than I thought it would. :) Though honestly way more interested in the KH3 announcements.

madmanwithabox12 said:

June 8th, 5:11 am

That’s an awful title, even by Square Enix standards. 2.8? Final Chapter Prologue? It’s self parody at this point.

MisterAxle said:

June 8th, 7:24 am

The voice of reason.

steeler192 said:

June 9th, 6:52 am

Agree, one million percent.

xxnike629xx said:

June 8th, 5:11 am

I’m excited for Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts HD2.8 Final Chapter Prologue…both of course on the PS4.
But come on Square-Enix.
From now til Winter 2016, you guys have plenty of time and a very good opportunity to remaster both Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD and Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD for the PS4.
How about compiling both games on 1 disc for the PS4 and call it like Kingdom Hearts HD Origins or whatever crazy name?

We all want it, and I know you know that fans want it?

We already have Square-Enix doing Final Fantasy XII Zodac Age (i.e. PS4 remaster of FFXII IZJ) coming.
There’s Star Ocean Faith & Integrity coming.
Why not do what all of us, true hardcore fans want and bring us these games to the PS4?

G-Force08 said:

June 8th, 7:35 am

The PS4 collection will come next year to prep for the KH III release in 2018.

ManlyMike17 said:

June 8th, 8:28 am

At this point, I think they’d be spreading themselves too thin. I’m not saying it will never happen, but with everything they are releasing this year, along with the FFVII remake and the names you mentioned, they’ve got enough on their plate for now.

Hayterfan said:

June 8th, 9:39 am

Kingdom Hearts HD Final Remix: Origins to Prelude of Final Chapter Prolog DANGERZONE?

whereymyconary said:

June 8th, 10:26 am

I like how you list all the projects they’re working on and then say you have plenty of time till Christmas to get a PS4 port done… seems a little selfish. And you forgot to Add the NIER project, I am Setsuna, FFXV, World of FF, dragon quest heroes 2, dragon quest builder, Not to mention their studios working on hitman, Deus EX, Tomb Raider PS4, and probably a few other projects exclusive to Asia. I feel i forgot something…

They got a lot on their plate, if it comes be patient, my guess like the guy below you is before the actual release of KHIII

MakaiOokami said:

June 8th, 3:41 pm

@whereymyconary

Eh… They released 1.5 a little over 3 years ago. They should have known the PS4 was coming out, and started working on the PS4 version with how easy the PS4 is to develop for. So if they hadn’t prepared those games in advance… that’s some missmanagement right there. Which Square Enix does kinda a lot.

I.E. having more polygons in flowers and Flower Pots in Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 than character models had.

Another example is having Final Fantasy XIII release on Xbox 360, even though it probably cost them more sales than it actually gave them, AND they had to cut content from the game in order to jam it onto 3 10GB disks at a degraded quality. Let’s face it, open world across 3 disks means that you have to have game data replicated, and too much exploration could have bumped up another 4 disks.

So maybe if a 360 had a Blu-ray or HD DVD drive built in, it would have been a better game, or maybe they mismanaged the game a bit by trying to cram it onto a limited capacity medium.

So I kinda agree with the OP. I defend the devs a lot, but for this I think SE is just mismanaging resources left and right.

MakaiOokami said:

June 8th, 3:50 pm

I didn’t mean to say another 4 disks on top of the 3 that came out. I meant say bump it up another disk, up to 4. I can’t find any record of any game being 4 disks and I don’t know if the 360 game cases can even fit 4 disks lol.

But i guess considering they released FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns… you could technically say FFXIII’s full experience is 5 Xbox 360 disks. :D

xxnike629xx said:

Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns
Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions
Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus

Just bring us all of those games on disc for the PS4.
I’m 99% sure you guys will be swimming in money and also making us fans very happy.

Veritere said:

June 8th, 6:49 am

FF Dissidia too, please!!!

BlaqMagiq24 said:

June 8th, 7:23 am

Calm down dude. One thing at a time. They’re already working on multiple projects. How about we get those out the door first?

MegaRayIII said:

June 8th, 5:13 am

Will this release digitally or disc-only?

G-Force08 said:

June 8th, 7:36 am

While not all have physical releases, all PS4 games have digital releases. It’s PlayStation policy now.

GeneralRane said:

June 8th, 5:28 am

It never ceases to impress me that people are constantly doing next-generation things on currents generation consoles.

June 9th, 12:26 am

+GeneralRane — :) technology moves so rapidly~ The development cycle of a game truly amazes me too.

BritishGolgo13 said:

June 8th, 5:51 am

I love KH as much as the next guy, but I liked it because it had a large Disney presence. The story has gotten so out of control, I feel like Disney doesn’t fit the theme anymore. Regardless, I am still stoked for KH3, but I wish the emphasis on Disney was still prevalent.

June 9th, 12:25 am

+BritishGolgo13 — It’s super neat to see the collaboration of Disney and Square Enix… I like both companies so much so it’s interesting to see all the announcements on the different worlds and characters from different stories!! Kingdom Hearts would lose the magic without Disney!

ossiecastro5 said:

June 8th, 6:10 am

A worldwide release? Thank you! Glad you guys at Square realize that Kingdom Hearts, as a series, as a special place in the hearts of many around the world.

June 9th, 12:23 am

+ossiecastro5– this franchise is definitely a special one with support around the globe! If you are one of them, thank you so much!

ossiecastro5 said:

June 8th, 6:11 am

Just one question though: will this be available digitally, on the Playstation Store?

June 9th, 12:22 am

+ossiecastro5– I know previous titles were not. If it will be, we’d be sure to let you know! Thanks for asking!

G-Force08 said:

June 8th, 7:36 am

Yeah. All PS4 games have digital releases.

ossiecastro5 said:

June 9th, 11:42 am

Thank you for the responses here. Glad to see such interaction with the community. <3 <3 <3

bernardblack73 said:

June 8th, 6:37 am

What about KH1 coming to PS4? Be nice to have the whole series on one console!

June 9th, 12:21 am

+bernardblack73– Can’t deny that I would like to make that request too!! Would really be a great way to introduce the series completely!

G-Force08 said:

June 8th, 7:37 am

Next year!

Bellalara said:

June 8th, 6:50 am

This game is looking great! I can’t wait to play it later this year and hopefully we get a release date for KH3 at Jump Festa this year :D

June 9th, 12:19 am

+Bellalarla, thank you so much!! I hope you come to one of the consumer shows or media shows and check the game out for sure!!

AlbieG- said:

June 8th, 7:21 am

YOOOO!!!! That trailer was awesome! How am I supposed to contain my excitement now? How am I supposed to go to work and not think about this the rest of the day? lol.

June 9th, 12:19 am

+AlbieG- YOO! You can think about it!! I re-watched it myself, yup. I noticed some things I didn’t see the first couple of times. Thank you for your nice comment!

MisterAxle said:

June 8th, 7:23 am

So with all of the ports and remakes… what the heck is the “most modern” way to play through the whole series now?

June 9th, 12:17 am

+DuoMaxwell007, you know your stuff! +MisterAxle… what he mentions is true. It’s quite a long series as you know… and everything is connected!!

DuoMaxwell007 said:

June 8th, 8:45 am

Umm 365/s day and re:coded on nintendo DS, then all the rest of PS3 and 4… since the PS3 versions of 365/2 days and re:coded dont have the actual games but just a long cut scenes summarizing those games, if you wanna actually PLAY the game instead of watching a cutscene then you still need to play hose two on DS

BlaqMagiq24 said:

June 8th, 7:25 am

I’m looking forward to this in December. Hopefully you guys have some sort of Limited Edition prepared for us. It would look great next to the limited editions of KH1.5 and KH2.5.

June 9th, 12:14 am

+BlaqMagiq24 — awesome!! Thanks for the support! If there is any news, will let you know!

ICE_KOLD_KILLA92 said:

June 8th, 7:29 am

I still haven’t played any KH in my life and I seriously can’t see a reason why I should. Please convince me people. First off, this is all confusing with so many games. From a quick search turns out there’s more than KH 1 and 2? We saw all these HD versions for PS3 and this just confuses me more. Then we have FF characters with Disney? It’s as absurd as seeing Batman and Barney fight together or Teletubbies and Dragon Ball Z. So weird yet I know many love the games so something must be good.

June 9th, 12:13 am

+Senjutsu_Dav — nicely said! I stumbled upon it with my cousin… and was mesmerized by the story… +ICE_KOLD_KILLA92, please give it a try. It may not end up being everyone’s favorite, but definitely worth trying. Our HD ReMIX versions (on PS3) have a mode where it’s just watching a movie straight through. Worth a watch!

Senjutsu_Dav said:

June 8th, 12:21 pm

Haha, it took me a couple of months when the 1st one popped before buying it. I wasn’t sure about that disney stuff. Man, it was one of the best games I ever played in my life. The story, the gameplay, the music, everything is there. It’s way deeper than you might imagine. ^_^

G-Force08 said:

June 8th, 7:37 am

Looks great! Can’t wait to play!

June 9th, 12:10 am

+G-Force08 — YESSSS!!! For sure.Which part do you want to see the most out of Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A fragmentary passage –, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, and Kingdom Hearts χ [chi] Back Cover?!?!

DuoMaxwell007 said:

June 8th, 8:47 am

Why am I not surprised.. coming in December like EVERY other KH rerelase on console -_- god I was hoping hed get surprised with a much earlier date for once.. and if youre gonna make us wait til Winter 2016 for KH3 INFORMATION I hope that information is a release date if not dont bother until you can give us one

June 9th, 12:06 am

+DuoMaxwell007 — It would have been cool to give an earlier date… we will keep it as real as can be and bring good news whenever possible. Thank you for your support!

omegazio said:

June 8th, 9:05 am

Hi i have a Question Does Square Enix have any plans to release Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix & Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix on PS4? But the game looks beautiful can’t wait.

June 9th, 12:05 am

+ omegazio… I wish I knew!!! We’ll let you know on PlayStation Blog if it ever happens!

TheAnomoly_ said:

June 8th, 9:42 am

aaaaaaaaannnnnndddddd still no 1.5 or 2.5 on ps4….

June 9th, 12:04 am

+Anomoly_ I imagine playing those on PS4 too… for now, we at least know Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue is this year! :)

StuTX said:

June 8th, 10:19 am

The only thing I believe you do 3-5 hours a day is create new accounts to spam this blog constantly… And if you make SO much money, why don’t you pay for actual advertisement? How about go fu*k yourself!

Korahn27 said:

June 8th, 10:56 am

Would love to have KH1 & 2 brought to PS4 as well. Used to play them on PS2, but since I never owned a PS3, I missed out on those remasters.

June 9th, 12:01 am

+Korahn27— I definitely see that there is a generation who went from PS2 and PS4. It would be so nice to have available on all PlayStation systems!

zombie9 said:

June 8th, 11:24 am

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 WTF
where is my Kingdom Hearts HD 2.9
and my Kingdom Hearts HD 2.7 must have missed those to confusing for me
I want FFVII Remake now!!!

June 8th, 11:58 pm

+zombie9 It’s ok… FFVII is in the works! We’ll keep updating you where possible, promise.

Senjutsu_Dav said:

June 8th, 12:19 pm

Oh my god, that music, those graphics!! I simply cannot wait!! Wow!

June 8th, 11:56 pm

+Senjutsu_Dav— yep, that’s what we said when we got to see the trailer for the first time. We’re just as eager to get the game in our hands! I’m waiting to put them next to each other nicely on the shelf… KH HD 1.5 ReMIX, KH HD 2.5 ReMIX and finally this one!!

Sarges24 said:

June 8th, 4:11 pm

Awe shucks. I was hoping Square was going to make a big surprise announcement at E3 sayings KH 2.8 was releasing next week. Course that conflict with Star Ocean but…. WHO CARES!! Can’t wait, 2.8 is looking great. Square teams are rolling, keep up the great work

June 8th, 11:54 pm

+Sarges24, I wish I was able to deliver news like that!! Please hold on a little bit longer… hopefully you’ll get to get your hands on the game at one of the shows we attend! Thank you for cheering us on!:)

Neko-luver_18 said:

June 8th, 7:01 pm

SO happy for this trailer and the release date! I’m holding back tears of happiness. This made my day. *cue happy dance*

June 8th, 11:53 pm

+Neko-luver_18— HAPPY DANCE activated!!release dates are the best… it’s a sigh of relief when you’ve been holding your breath in anticipation right?!?! Kingdom Hearts games always contain emotional moments… tears are definitely ok in my book.

BackBerner said:

June 8th, 9:45 pm

Happy for a World Wide Release. Thank you for doing this Square Enix. Good on you guys. Wish It was sooner though.

June 8th, 11:51 pm

Hi + BackBerner — Thank you! We think each component in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue will bring new light to the players! December cannot come soon enough!

richboy1231 said:

June 9th, 5:49 am

What do I got to do to get me a KH avatar on PSN?!

FadyK said:

June 9th, 6:27 am

With this, 1.5 and 2.5HD I have much of Kingdom Hearts to look forward to before III! Props to Kaori and the team at Square-Enix for their work on this great looking collection.

Zilas said:

June 9th, 6:55 am

So many games coming from Square Enix. My poor wallet…

The combat and effects look great in 0.2. I just don’t like how plastic and glossy the characters are looking in 0.2, Back Cover and KH3. The skin tones are also looking too pink. I prefer the look of the character models in cutscenes from past KH titles.

Just one question. Are we going to able to interact with the Dream Eaters like what was available on the 3DS? For instances using the touch pad to pet your Dream Eater or throw treats.

Tomoprime said:

June 9th, 2:34 pm

God I love these crazy names:
Kingdom Hearts 4G LTE 2.999999 1st Chapter Epilogue

Tomoprime said:

June 9th, 2:35 pm

ahh almost to forgot to mention this is part b.

XxNidav3xX said:

June 9th, 4:51 pm

So what are the chances of the PS3 Kingdom Hearts Remasters getting ported on the PS4?