PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Jul 05

Jul 05

Lifeless Planet Premier Edition Coming to PS4 July 19

David Board's Avatar Posted by Stage 2 Studios

While seeking life on a distant planet, an astronaut discovers an abandoned Russian town. He suspects his mission is a hoax until a mysterious young woman saves him from a strange and deadly phenomenon.

The Premier Edition of the mysterious sci-fi adventure Lifeless Planet is coming to PlayStation 4 July 19! This remastered version is being published by Serenity Forge, and it harnesses the awesome power of the PS4 to tell a truly intriguing and thought-provoking story.

Exclusive to the PS4 release, the main character model has been updated with more detail and double the texture resolution. The game also runs on an updated game engine and features advanced physically based shaders and dramatically improved lighting. The Premier Edition on PS4 shows off the starkly atmospheric world of Lifeless Planet in all its glory.

Lifeless Planet is a third-person action-adventure that features an old-school sci-fi story and spectacular environments in the spirit of classic action-adventures.

After a hard landing, an astronaut discovers that this planet, which was reported to be rich with life, is instead a barren wasteland. When he goes searching for his crew, he makes a more startling discovery: evidence that humans have already been to this planet years ago! When he comes upon a deserted Soviet-era Russian town, he struggles to make sense of his mission. Did his light-speed travel to the planet send him back in time? Or is this all some strange Cold War hoax?

Lifeless Planet was inspired by Cold War era science fiction stories, posing questions about humankind’s desire for space travel. What if you journeyed across the galaxy to another planet, only to find humans had already been there? What kind of person would sign up for a one-way mission, leaving behind planet Earth and everyone they’ve ever known and loved… to go in search of an Earth-like planet?

Equipped with a limited-use jet-pack and a mobile robotic arm, the player must use their wits and skill to solve puzzles, unravel the mystery, and survive the Lifeless Planet!

Add Your Own

PDominatorS3 said:

July 5th, 8:21 am

Anyone tried? Is there a PC version?

bangorip said:

July 5th, 10:09 am

Played the PC version when it came out 2 years ago. Good little game I’d recommended to play. It’s not particularly long or complicated but it’s a good story.

CookieChispitas said:

July 5th, 4:31 pm

Amusing but very short. Not recommended for the standard starting price of $19.99 of all games of this kind in the PS store. $10 bucks might be.

Slydevil13 said:

July 5th, 8:30 am

Another awesome looking space adventure? Sign me up, cause this will definitely keep me occupied until No Man’s Sky.

Fin1drful said:

July 5th, 9:10 am

I 2nd that.

cusman said:

July 5th, 9:40 am

Seems like an entry in the genre not so affectionately labeled “walking simulator”. Since some of those are quite good regardless, I’ll keep an eye out for this one. See how it reviews.

Trendy_Kid said:

July 5th, 10:18 am

Agreed. Not sure it’s my jam, but we’ll see.

LanerGT said:

July 5th, 1:21 pm

Reviews of the PC version aren’t terribly encouraging. While there’s a seemingly large world to explore, there’s no incentive to leave the path the game sets out for you. A linear experience with the illusion of an open world.

Welmosca said:

July 5th, 11:42 am

Looks interesting despite the clunky animations and PS2 look.Will keep ma eyes open for this one.

veryhoudini11 said:

July 5th, 12:08 pm

Did you ever play a ps2? Cause it never could handle polygons or texture like this. Maybe you are confused.

zirocrath said:

July 5th, 12:35 pm

Yeah… I’ve seen better graphics/engine on PS2 games… .hack://, RE4, GOW2, MGS3, Zone of Enders…

If it stays around $10 it’d be fair I guess…

zxo_lynn_oxz said:

July 6th, 7:16 am

I’d play it if it weren’t too expensive. I’ve heard good things more so than bad.

Akmaljon said:

July 6th, 12:22 pm

Played on PC. Great story full of mystery, but not sure if I can replay it for the second time.

Dead-Sync said:

July 6th, 6:11 pm

Huh I’ve never heard of this game before amazingly, but after watching the trailer I think I’d really like to play this.I’ve been kind of into the “short but simple” story-driven games lately such as Firewatch, Gone Home, etc. and this kind of gives me a bit of those vibes with strong doses of exploration.

I think I might be picking this one up! I’m bracing for the crazy amount of games about to come this Fall though so hopefully this isn’t too pricey and won’t break that budget haha.

aro52 said:

July 6th, 10:19 pm

Enjoyed this on Xbone. Might have to double dip.

estarrar1984 said:

July 12th, 4:46 pm

I have seen a trailer for xbox one and almost bought a console, because this is the kind of games that I love.

I am very happy with this annoucement and I cant wait until buy it.