Knack 2

Jul 10

Jul 10

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 7/12/2016

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

With a terrible dream echoing in your mind and the comfort of old songs pushing you onward, dive into the deep unknown in search of your lost father. Song of the Deep, a new adventure from the creators of Ratchet & Clank, is coming to PS4.

In Song of the Deep, players control the brave Merryn as she journeys into the ocean in a rickety submarine. Face fearsome creatures and survive dangerous environments as you upgrade Merryn’s submarine to reach deeper into the cavernous depths. With gorgeous visuals, non-linear play, and a gripping story, Song of the Deep will speak to any lover of classic adventures.

For a full list of new games coming to PlayStation this week, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

Song of the Deep on PS4

New Releases: July 12, 2016
Adrift
PS4 — Digital (Out 7/15)

Adrift

Adrift is an immersive first-person experience that tells the story of an astronaut in peril. Floating silently amongst the wreckage of a destroyed space station with no memory and a severely damaged EVA suit slowly leaking oxygen, the only survivor struggles to determine the cause of the catastrophic event that took the lives of everyone on board.

Arcade Archives Gradius II
PS4 — Digital (Out 7/15)

Arcade Archives Gradius II

Gradius II is a shooter released by Konami in 1988. Players take control of the super dimension fighter Vic Viper in order to protect planet Gradius from the Gofer special forces. Gradius II is considered the best in the Gradius series and has played a pivotal role in the history of shooters.

Assault Suit Leynos
PS4 — Digital

Assault Suit Leynos

A classic reawakens — Assault Suit Leynos is back and in high definition! Get ready for all-out robotic war as the fan favorite Genesis classic is reworked with all new HD visuals for the ultimate alien-blasting experience.

Daydreamer: Awakened Edition
PS4 — Digital

Daydreamer

Shoot your way through the hauntingly beautiful remains of Earth. Created by Roland Studios, a one-man indie development house, Daydreamer is an homage to 16-bit era side-scrolling shooters. Coupled with strategic platforming, high intensity battles, and pets that aid in combat, you wouldn’t want to wake up from this dream.

Dex
PS4 — Digital

Dex

Explore, fight, talk, and hack your way through a rich cyberpunk world in this 2D action-RPG! Wanted dead by a mysterious and tentacular organization, you will traverse the futuristic city of Harbor Prime and make unexpected allies on your quest to bring down the system!

Ghostbusters
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Ghostbusters

Grab your Proton Pack and join the Ghostbusters as you explore Manhattan, blasting ghosts, and trapping those runaway ghouls.

Kill Strain
PS4 — Digital

Kill Strain is a top-down, competitive twin-stick action shooter with a monumental twist where three teams are pitted against each other for domination. Featuring innovative 5v5v2 gameplay, two teams of five players battle to contain-and-control a mysterious and powerful energy source codenamed ‘The Strain’ that has been discovered in research facilities.

Kerbal Space Program
PS4 — Digital

Who said rocket science wasn’t for everybody! Kerbal Space Program puts you in charge of the recently launched space program for a fun and clever alien race — the Kerbals. These little guys are counting on you to build spaceships, rockets, and vehicles that can take off and hold on during space travel missions, without hurting them in the process…

Last Wings
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

Last Wings

Last Wings is a fast and dynamic air combat game, developed in a mixed environment between 2D and 3D. Play alone or in a team of up to 4 players on local mode, but if you prefer, start a battle on online mode with up to 10 players and challenge the greatest competitors of this war.

MilitAnt
PS4 — Digital

MilitAnt

MilitAnt is an action-packed side-scrolling platform/shooter. Set in a world ruled by insects, a lone soldier ant must defend his home colony at all costs from a brutal invasion by the termite infantry, the wasp airforce, and other enemy bug nations.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS-Force
PS Vita — Digital

Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS Force

Since 1978, the Gundam franchise has undoubtedly become a spearhead series in the Japanese animation landscape. Considered as a real icon in Japan, the TV anime has led to numerous best-selling toys, movies, comics… and even a giant statue in Tokyo! Prepare for a clash of the eras as these powerful Mobile Suits are heading West with a brand new game: Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS-Force.

Panda Run
PS Vita — Digital

Panda Run

Help Panda survive the coming cold in this new exciting game! Grab on to the snowboard and ride to stunning adventures all over the world. It’s snowing everywhere, so Panda can easily hit the slopes of Egyptian Pyramids or the hills of sunny Italy. Unlock new boards, perform tricks, and break through to new records!

Resident Evil 5
PS4 — Retail

Resident Evil 5

One of the most popular Resident Evil games comes to PS4 with enhanced visuals. Featuring single-player and co-op modes and a dramatic storyline, this fully-loaded release includes all previously released DLC (Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape story expansions, Versus mode, extra figures, and 4 costumes), and the previously PC-exclusive No Mercy mode.

Song of the Deep
PS4 — Digital

Song of the Deep

Song of the Deep is a metroidvania-style action-adventure game following a young girl’s quest into the unknown to find her missing father. Combining discovery, skill, and suspense with an unforgettable narrative, this underwater journey will challenge players to explore, experiment, and skillfully navigate a vast ocean landscape.

Super Mutant Alien Assault
PS4 — Digital

Super Mutant Alien Assault

Three fleets of spaceships flee a doomed Earth carrying the last humans in cryostasis. Pursued by aliens, it’s up to the lowly security droids to save humanity. Taking up arms solo or with a friend, you must dance with death in a brutal and addictive arcade platformer shooter inspired by Super Crate Box and stuffed to the brim with unlockables.

Type:Rider
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

TypeRider

Immerse yourself in this fascinating and unique experience to uncover the history and secrets of fonts and characters! Control two dots and travel through the ages of typographic styles and techniques. From the rock paintings of prehistoric times to Pixel art of the 2000’s, solve all the riddles by riding the most popular fonts and characters in a captivating musical and visual environment.

Videoball
PS4 — Digital

Videoball

Videoball is a sport everyone can play. We researched basketball, football, soccer, first-person shooters, and real-time strategy games. Videoball is a compact expression of all sports’ mechanics. Score points in order to win. Win in order to Feel Real Good.

PlayStation Music Logo

• Dreezy – No Hard Feelings
  • Dirty Heads – Dirty Heads
  • Steven Tyler – We’re All Somebody From Somewhere

PlayStation Video Logo

• Ghostbusters (2016) Pre-Order
  • Hardcore Henry
  • The Boss (Unrated)

PlayStation Vue Logo

• Naked and Afraid XL – July 10 at 10/9c (Discovery)
  • Tour de France – Live through July 24 (NBCSN)
  • Mr. Robot – July 13 at 10/9c (USA)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

NX_Nytrux said:

July 10th, 10:08 am

PS2 Classics Wish List:
– Silent Hill 2/3/The Room/Origins (i don’t like HD remasters)
– Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria
– Obscure 1/2
– Xenosaga 1/2/3
– Hounting Ground

Finozzi1696 said:

July 10th, 10:33 am

Same, I hope the admins from Sony reads this PS2 wishlist thread for PS4 that has over more than 600 replies from many users, in which they say which PS2 games they want to see on PS4: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/33146-wishlist-of-ps2-games-on-ps4/

Please Sony read it!!

I want Silent Hill 2, 3, 4, Origins and Shattered Memories, Fatal Frame 1 , 2 and 3, ObsCure 1 and 2, Haunting Ground, Rule of Rose, Clock Tower 3, etc…

dkarlowicz10 said:

July 10th, 11:46 am

I’m pretty sure that Konami lost the PS2 source code for the Silent Hill games. Just google it. So these Silent Hill PS2 classics will never happen. I keep telling you each week, you keep asking. LOL.

Tamerlane75 said:

July 10th, 1:06 pm

The PS2 HD releases are emulated. The source code isn’t required.

MethRogen said:

July 10th, 2:43 pm

Wow, that’s an obscene misspelling of Shadow of Colossus.

Finozzi1696 said:

July 10th, 2:50 pm

@dkarlowicz10
    And you’re wrong. This are emulated versions, not proper remasters. Emulations don’t require the original source from the original games since Sony doesn’t even touch their source codes because the graphics stays the same. They only add trophy support, upscale the resolution to 1080p, and add some other things.

So yeah, Sony can release all this Silent Hill games on PS4 if they make a deal with Konami since they aren’t going to do remasters, only emulations.

febwtf said:

July 10th, 5:11 pm

@Finozzi1696 Konami has to do a deal with Sony, you mean. Sony doesn’t own SH. It’s up to Konami to get the ball rolling.

MakaiOokami said:

July 10th, 6:31 pm

I’d much rather them do an HD remake of Xenosaga 1 and 3, and redo number 2 to not be terrible, and then charge $60 for it.

I’m not going to pay $45 for an emulation of 2 games worth playing, and 1 that looks and plays disgustingly bad. I literally just sat there and grind any time I’m playing with 1 character, because they level up so fast that I can just skip the rest of the bad game for a while. With no shops, no towns… ugh… 2 was terrible.

Finozzi1696 said:

July 10th, 6:32 pm

@febwtf I don’t know how this work exactly but this PS2 emulation on PS4 was started by Sony, so I believe is up to Sony to approach them and ask Konami to bring their SH’s games. I don’t see Konami personally asking Sony if they can emulate their games.
    It was Sony who asked some months ago on Twitter for player feedback about which PS2 games we want to see on PS4, so I believe they pick the most requested ones and ask those companies if they can make a PS4 emulation out of them.

Xenojo said:

July 10th, 6:48 pm

PS2 classic

Onimusha 1, 2, 3 and 4
    Star ocean till the end of time

Finozzi1696 said:

July 10th, 7:42 pm

If Sony reads this: I want to see on PS4 this PS2 games: Silent Hill 2, 3, 4, Origins and Shattered Memories, Fatal Frame 1 , 2 and 3, ObsCure 1 and 2, Haunting Ground, Rule of Rose, Clock Tower 3, etc…

I hope the admins from Sony reads this PS2 wishlist thread for PS4 that has over more than 600 replies from many users, in which they say which PS2 games they want to see on PS4: psnprofiles . com/forums/topic/33146-wishlist-of-ps2-games-on-ps4/
    (I sent this again because my other comment was in moderation for too long, not trying to make spam by any means).

Patchingko said:

July 10th, 8:02 pm

Xenosaga 1/2/3 would be great. Never got to play 2 or 3. Wonder who owns the rights now.

PanTheMan16 said:

July 10th, 10:05 pm

I’d love to see Second Sight come to PS4. One of the greatest PS2 titles, but sadly it isn’t super well-known.

ScannableDrop said:

July 11th, 4:48 pm

Look what you’ve done. lol

Xenosaga HD Remaster Collection would be amazing. There were teases about it a couple years ago, if it was popular enough.
    Grandia would be great to remaster as well.

Hopes and dreams. But we all saw how hard everyone fought for FFVII remaster, and there it is. Staring us all, ungrateful for it or not, right in the face.

Fatal Frame series still scares the jelly beans right out of me. I bought all 3, and had 4 on Wii.
    Haven’t gotten a chance to get into 5 for WiiU, but the games were pretty great. The story telling is very intriguing. Very chilling.

Again, hopes and dreams for that Xenosaga collection. <3 Ugh.

dkarlowicz10 said:

July 12th, 4:02 pm

I’m pretty sure you guys are wrong. Konami does not have the final source code for the PS2 versions. How can you emulate the games if you don’t have the original PS2 source code? The remasters were from an unfinished PS2 source code (which was not the finished PS2 version) which is why the remasters were so buggy. I stand by my statement that you will never see PS2 classics of the Silent Hill games.

dkarlowicz10 said:

July 12th, 4:04 pm

I tried to attach a link from google but it won’t past moderation. Just google “Konami lost source code” and you should be able to see for yourself.

opikal said:

July 10th, 10:11 am

I’ve been waiting for DEX. I hope the price is right :)

Mercenary09 said:

July 10th, 11:13 am

It’s $20 on Xbox One so unless we get a Plus discount expect it to be the same.

slambert215 said:

July 10th, 10:12 am

OH YEAH VIDEOBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paulogy said:

July 10th, 11:00 am

VIDEOBALL is finally coming out! Can you believe it? I’ve been hearing about it and playing it for years, so I look forward to seeing all the tweaks they made in that time.

Tomoprime said:

July 10th, 10:13 am

Metal slug anthology?
When? Trophies ? And how much?
Thanks. ;)

Finozzi1696 said:

July 10th, 10:31 am

Is already available on the US Store. It has a Platinum. The game was released last tuesday on the Store.

Tomoprime said:

July 10th, 10:59 am

Thanks @Finozzi1696

Tomoprime said:

July 10th, 11:28 am

$20. Ah man Metal Slug is in 1080i. I wish the store listed details on what’s included. Are there any video filters or display options? AES mode and MVS dips yada. Is it just a PS2 port? The list makes it sound like there was some custom work done for PS4 but details are vague. Looks like there is no online multiplayer either. Leaderboards? I thought the standalone releases offered that much.

Next I want to see Samurai Showdown Anthology.

Finozzi1696 said:

July 10th, 2:47 pm

All PS2 releases on PS4 are at 1080p.
    They are emulated versions of the PS2 versions, so they don’t have online multiplayer support, only offline co-op if there is any.

BigSting23 said:

July 10th, 10:19 am

I must be getting old. None of these games lately really strike my interest.

ScannableDrop said:

July 11th, 4:50 pm

Song of the Deep looks pretty amazing.

Have you ever played a Gundam game? Love the series, and the games. Especially the Dynasty Warriors ones. Ever played a Mech with awesome hack and slash?

{Besides Armored Core lol}

Great games.

whatasandwich21 said:

July 10th, 10:30 am

KERBAL! Been waiting for a couple months, so excited.

viceforce said:

July 10th, 10:35 am

GUn…Dam……Gund d d dam…….GUUUUUUUUUUUUNDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No bring Super Robot Wars OG: Moon Dwellers.

OnTheBus666 said:

July 10th, 1:35 pm

Couldn’t have said it any better myself!

TJ_Solo said:

July 10th, 9:49 pm

How is that even worth saying? There’s a legit way to buy(pre-order) an English version of Super Robot Wars right now.

Nates4Christ said:

July 12th, 6:18 am

Hey viceforce. It’s been a while. I thought I’d see you on this gundam news. I’m planning to get this for sure! Are you interested in playing online together?

Asshawk said:

July 10th, 10:48 am

Looks like nothing for me this week. Was gonna get Assault Suit Leynos but I’m gonna wait for the physical release, and I already import Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS-Force’s Asian/English physical release.

TheHerbinator75 said:

July 10th, 11:01 am

Lots of cool looking side scrolling shooting/platform games coming out thus week. Anyone know what the price on Assault Suit Leynos is going to be?

Mercenary09 said:

July 10th, 11:14 am

I’m interested in Dex, Adrift, and Kerbal Space Program. I got my physical copy of Sony of the Deep preordered. Which btw it is coming out Physical Blog team =)

HouseLannister said:

July 10th, 11:18 am

Interested in Adrift, but need to know if there will be PSVR support and if so will it be a double-dip or DLC or what?

JinZer069 said:

July 10th, 11:32 am

Any word on when Dex will drop on Vita?

Mercenary09 said:

July 10th, 11:36 am

The developer said on Twitter that they had no plans for a Vita version of Dex at the moment.

JinZer069 said:

July 10th, 5:42 pm

@Mercenary09
    I had to look up what you posted, the publishers Badland posted PS Vita version is under consideration. Dreadlock has moved on to Ghost Theory development it seems like?

If there isn’t going to be a PSV Dex release, guess I’ll either not get it or get it for Steam when it goes on sale.

PrometheusUFO said:

July 10th, 11:33 am

Aww, where’s Indigo Prophecy? It’s coming next Saturday to PS4, but why is it not listed? :/

VanguardFate said:

July 10th, 11:43 am

The release date for it says the 18th which is Monday.

TrueAssassin86x said:

July 10th, 11:53 am

Funny once again xbox gets a game or two a few days ahead of PlayStation . Last Week was hawken and The Banner Saga 2 This time its Dex. Anyways going though the list looks like nothing for me this time around oh well saving money and working on the old backlog till Aug 23rd.

Superstone said:

July 10th, 12:05 pm

Look at the Vita love!!!!! Can’t wait. Woooooooooo!!!! Btw Arcade Archives should be on the Vita. Can someone please make it happen?

ravenn411 said:

July 10th, 12:12 pm

damn

resident evil 5 physical disc, finally.
though I played this game many times on Games for Windows, bought it again on PS3 for the DLCs and had also put in many hours of play time until I platinumed it, and now, for PS4. I’m wondering if I’ll get it. its hard to resist. its one of my fave games.

I’m excited on the Gundam Extreme Vs Force. Finally an English Gundam game in US PS Store! G-R-E-A-T!

Whyteremix said:

July 10th, 1:08 pm

Didnt see anyone else say it, but it looks like you forgot the Neverwinter Head Start pack dropping on the 12th.

Boohyah said:

July 10th, 2:01 pm

Anyone know when Absolute Drift Zen edition is coming out???

djsaiyan said:

July 10th, 2:38 pm

Some pretty cool stuff this week!

Worth noting though, Song of the Deep is actually coming to retail as well, as a Gamestop/EB Games exclusive (since they’re publishing it).

febwtf said:

July 10th, 5:05 pm

Thank you for going back to not having anything worthwhile for Vita this week. I spent $25 over the last couple of weeks (Muramasa! Thomas Was Alone! Guacamelee!) on things that would run on my Vita and I’m set for a while. Anything you had released wouldn’t run on mine anyway.

Tjoeb123 said:

July 10th, 5:30 pm

Nah, I’m just gonna sit here and wait for Gal*Gun Double Peace on Vita next week.

PASTE-POT-PETE said:

July 10th, 6:59 pm

Cool drop. Would it be possible to talk Capcom into releasing Dragon’s Dogma or Dragon’s Dogma Dark Arisen to PSNow or even do a remaster? I’m itching for a game like that again.

Lukaven said:

July 12th, 6:51 am

Lol i been waiting for dragons dogma also tho i was only one = P.

BlongTreyLo said:

July 10th, 8:12 pm

Lol I didn’t expect to see Ghost Busters

gameman15 said:

July 10th, 9:02 pm

Don’t even bother. It’s not the remastered version of the 2009 Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 game we’re hoping it was, it’s a different game that ties in with that soon to be box office flop (hopefully) reboot.

febwtf said:

July 10th, 9:35 pm

@Finozzi1696 I do know how this works exactly and it’s Konami’s game to decide what they want to do with. They’re going to need Sony to get it ready for distribution but it’s Konami’s call whether it happens at all or not.

runingwithwolves said:

July 11th, 12:10 am

Errrm… you forgot the Neverwinter starter pack? And what about Moon Hunters? On your blog it says the Moon Hunters will release on July 12th, however on Metacritic it’s July 19th so which one is it?

FinalFantsy887 said:

July 11th, 3:32 am

Dude, I Really Hope The Put Jikyuu Powerful Pro Yakyuu ’99 for PSone Classic, I Mean, It’s A Really Good Game

Seluhir said:

July 11th, 5:54 am

Always up for a good metroidvania. Song of the Deep should be a good time

Perfect timing too – just finished SO5.

Charlz4 said:

July 11th, 6:48 am

Hi, quick question:

Snowblind studios made the awesome baldur’s gates and champion of norrath games on the PS2 before being bought by WB and then made the LORT war up North and Shadow of Mordor games.

Any chances to see those PS2 classics still? We need those action local coop rpgs!

Thanks!

UnrealSackboy said:

July 11th, 7:05 am

GUNDAM EXTREME VS FORCEEEEE :D I have the Asia release but will definitely be getting this one again!! :D

PurdueStephen said:

July 11th, 8:41 am

I have no idea who can make this happen, but start having the name or pic of each game promoted by the drop clickable and directed to the PS store of that title. Can you not understand how this would do nothing but help your sales of the very items you are trying to promote? Now, it goes to a Flickr picture of the game. Are you really that lost or stubborn?

Sheesh.

VinsanityV21 said:

July 11th, 12:31 pm

Weird. I only just this week found out there WAS a Gradius 2. In the trailer for Gotta Protectors, Yuzo Koshiro got a whole bunch of old-school composers to contribute to that (awesome looking, I might add) little gem, including whoever worked on “Gladius 2”. I figured it was a typical Japanese l/r misspelling thing, so I looked up Gradius 2 just in case — I expected it to be Lifeforce, which I always assumed was Gradius’ sequel. But nope. There was a real-deal Gradius 2. And now, in perfectly weird timing, it’s out on PS4? That’s a heck of a coincidence. Universe must be trying to tell me something… oh well; I’m not gonna buy it. I really just want Konami to go out of business. Hopefully in a few years, they’ll auction off their IP a la THQ and everything of value over there will go to publishers that give a damn. Fingers crossed!

StuTX said:

July 11th, 6:38 pm

I also had thought that life force was the sequel to Gradius. I’m pretty sure it was marketed that way in the US when it came to NES so many years ago. But I’m going to start waiting for sales on the arcade archives games, they are kind of overpriced IMO. But they are rarely on sale…

lahayes said:

July 11th, 5:42 pm

Questions about Last Wings. Does it have: 1. PSTV support? 2. Cross-platform multiplayer between Vita and PS4 versions ?

Alecj22 said:

July 11th, 10:21 pm

WOW– great “drop” this week. So many games im curious about AND……KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM! Im so hyped that its finally coming to PS4. Ive been so jealous of PC gamers because of KSP.

Its finally here. Thanks Sony!

Zeronx said:

July 11th, 11:53 pm

Lord knows when the game Neverwinter will be on the PS Store, But the publisher already has virtual currency for sale in the store, way to go on priorities.

Nates4Christ said:

July 12th, 6:19 am

I’m very glad to see Gundam. I hope this will be a start for us to get more games.

Lukaven said:

July 12th, 6:48 am

Anyone know if neverwinter online is coming out today? And if it is at what time est plz thx alot.

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

July 12th, 9:53 am

no, they want people to buy E.A. to game that has been out for years on PC and Xbox.

Welmosca said:

July 12th, 11:52 am

Finally Adrift is being released hu,they sure took their time with the game.A lot of nice games this week…one must have the whole day free every week to play everything he wants.

hiro223 said: