PlayStation VR

Jul 14

Jul 14

PlayStation Blogcast 215: I Am Setshuna

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by

Social Media Manager, SIEA

Subscribe via iTunes, Google or RSS, or download here

We’re short one Shuman today, but we’ve enlisted a very special co-host in his stead: the one and only Shuhei Yoshida! Join us as we discuss some of Shuhei’s favorite memories from E3 and the upcoming release of The Last Guardian, and as he reveals how he makes time to play games (spoiler: he wakes up early).

Stuff We Talked About

• I Am Setsuna
  • Yoshida-san’s favorite games from E3
  • Gravity Rush 2
  • Everything
  • Our favorite new game experiences
  • Adr1ft
  • Kill Strain
  • The state of Sid’s office
  • Song of the Deep
  • Drinkbox Vita Collection
  • Making time for games

Recent Episodes

The Cast

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan ClementsOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Shuhei Yoshida

Justin Massongill – Social Media Manager, SIEA
Ryan Clements – Social Media Specialist, SIEA
Shuhei Yoshida – President, SIE Worldwide Studios

Send us questions and tips! blogcast@playstation.sony.com
Leave us a voicemail! (650) 288-6706

Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music.

Add Your Own

rabidninjamonky said:

July 14th, 4:48 pm

It’s Setsuna not Setshuna

la3Bcrown said:

July 14th, 5:40 pm

psst… it’s called a pun.

Kid_Loser said:

July 14th, 5:44 pm

It’s part of the joke buddy.. Look at who’s the guest :)

rabidninjamonky said:

July 14th, 8:49 pm

Well, I feel like a moron. I don’t know why I didn’t notice. I’m blaming it on the heat.

bestrader said:

July 16th, 4:59 am

It’s a dumb pun that makes very little sense even knowing what it’s based on. Say the game’s name loud and clear, don’t purposely try to confuse anyone, especially a mere few days before the game launches. Do you mean to tell me if you had an interview with Jason Shart about Uncharted 4 that you would call your article Unsharted 4? I think not.

siriusbee said:

July 14th, 5:42 pm

Haven’t heard the podcast yet, but as someone who needs to be at work every day, I’ve found waking up early to play games has been a pretty good way to go too!

ModernOne said:

July 14th, 6:33 pm

Have ever thought of also adding video to the blogcast?

paulogy said:

July 14th, 8:05 pm

Shu!!! Sounds like it’ll be a great episode. Listening now… :-)

paulogy said:

July 14th, 9:05 pm

… and it was! Well done, guys! Yes, the way the slugcat moves in Rainworld looks AMAZING. Glad I’m not the only one going into media blackout mode for The Last Guardian, and definitely The Witness gave me many of my favorite gaming moments in recent recollection :-)

NemoMcGregor said:

July 14th, 8:18 pm

So what happened to Shuhei Yoshida Let’s play ??? C’mon! Let’s make it happen

siriusbee said:

July 14th, 9:45 pm

Guys, if you make people be excited about Adrift, don’t sour the occasion by allowing them to accidentally buy an ‘Adrift’ movie on the Playstation Store by accident. I was looking to be an astronaut adrift, not a girl in a bikini.

Mercenary09 said:

July 15th, 2:58 am

That Intro was the best! Another great show guys. I really want to know what the mystery title was that you couldn’t name yet.

Wingman_SRK said:

July 15th, 9:33 am

I am so excited for I Am Setshuna.

StuTX said:

July 15th, 11:48 am

Ryan, maybe you can pitch an insider vote for FF7:Dirge of Cerberus to come to the PS2toPS4 lineup soon…

jgrizzle358 said:

July 15th, 12:06 pm

Lovely lovely episode gentleman. I love the punny title. Mr. Yoshida-San is always a treat.

I can’t wait for PlayStation VR. I got the Samsung Gear VR to get myself more used to VR in preparation.

I know this is a Playstation blogcast but man do I love me some Pokemon go. It really deserves the attention. As someone who suffers from crippling social anxiety I can safely say that this game has done wonders for that. It’s also gotten me out of the house more and exercising. I’ve heard stories of it bringing families closer together and a lot of our local businesses are embracing it and hosting Pokemon events. The other day I went on a 3 hour walk just looking for Pokemon and hitting stopstops. I dropped a lure at a gazebo at a local park and like 4 people came out from the real estate office across the street during their lunch break to catch Pokemon with me. This has been a pretty great experience for everyone. It’s been great for the players great for Nintendo and great for society in general. Granted some people are abusing it but overall it seems to do more good than harm and it’s changed my life tremendously.

If it’s not too much to ask I would like to hear more personal accounts of Justin’s Pokemon Journeys.

jgrizzle358 said:

July 15th, 12:14 pm

Oh and… #TeamMystic!

TomatoDragon said:

July 15th, 1:33 pm

15 seconds in, and I was already cracking up. Great podcast.

vandalheart said:

July 15th, 6:36 pm

I’m really bummed out the VIta version of Setsuna isn’t being released in English. I’m even more bummed that there won’t be a physical version of the one we are getting. Digital only makes it really hard for me to justify a $40 purchase. I hate to be whiny, but this was a game I was really looking forward to.

memaleph2 said:

July 15th, 10:24 pm

It seems as if Square wasn’t happy with the reception of the game in JP nor were they impressed with the sales there too so they are just kind of limping it out over the border into the US without much of a care. What else can we think? Nothing says you have no confidence in your game like giving it no physical version right?

febwtf said:

July 16th, 5:45 am

I don’t blame anyone on the PSBlog team; I wouldn’t have said anything about this weekend’s flash sale, either.

bbswarrior_11 said:

July 17th, 8:38 pm

Shuuuuu!!! Great blogcast, guys! It´s always great listening to SHu.

PS: I´m so excited to play I am Setsuna, though a bit heartbroken it might not come to Vita.