God of War

Jul 17

Jul 17

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 7/19/2016

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

In a land of sorrow and bitter cold a tale of sacrifice will be told…

Through darkness and snowfall, a young woman prepares for the ultimate sacrifice to save her people. I Am Setsuna honors the legendary RPGs of years past with an emotional narrative, classical battle system, and beautiful character designs — set against a stirring backdrop of melodies fit for such a nostalgic journey.

What fate will befall this woman? What dangers lurk in the gorgeous snowscape? Your adventure is just beginning…

For a full list of new games out this week, read on — and enjoy the Drop!

New Releases: July 19, 2016
10 Second Ninja X
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

10 Second Ninja X

10 Second Ninja X is a hardcore sidescroller. You’re a ninja, there are robots, you’ve got ten seconds to destroy them all. Get three star ratings, climb leaderboards, discover secrets, and stop Captain Greatbeard.

Cast of the Seven Godsends — Redux
PS4 — Digital

Cast of the Seven Godsends

Cast of the Seven Godsends — Redux harkens back to the days when classic 2D run ‘n’ gun shooters ruled the arcades. Four levels of difficulty, six worlds to conquer, twelve mid and end-of-level bosses, seven god-like armour sets, five basic weapons, and 35 magic combat spells!

I Am Setsuna
PS4 — Digital

I am Setsuna

I Am Setsuna introduces the authentic JRPG style of yesteryear to PS4! Journey with Setsuna as she prepares to make the ultimate sacrifice and save the people of her land. A poweful, nostalgic experience, blending a classic style of storytelling and gameplay.

Knot
PS4 — Digital

Knot

Rediscover the world of Chinese knots with this beautiful 3D puzzle game. With its realistic graphics, Knot will fully immerse you into its world.

Lifeless Planet Premier Edition
PS4 — Digital

Lifeless Planet

While seeking life on a distant planet, an astronaut discovers an abandoned Russian town. He suspects his mission is a hoax until a mysterious young woman saves him from a strange and deadly phenomenon… Lifeless Planet is a third-person adventure that features an old-school sci-fi story and spectacular environments.

Moon Hunters
PS4 — Digital

Moon Hunters

Moon Hunters is a cooperative action personality test RPG in a rich, ancient world that’s different every time you play. Build your mythology as every action and choice contributes to how you’re remembered, as a constellation in the night sky.

Neverwinter
PS4 — Digital

Neverwinter

Neverwinter is a free, action MMORPG based on the acclaimed Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying game. Epic stories, action combat, and classic roleplaying await those heroes courageous enough to enter the fantastic world of Neverwinter!

Ninja Pizza Girl
PS4 — Digital (Out 7/20)

Ninja Pizza Girl

Ninja Pizza Girl is a supreme platformer with a deep-dish message. Featuring an old-school action, a dedicated speedrun mode, and comic cutscenes hand drawn by an authentic teenage girl. Its deeply-woven story follows Gemma, a sixteen-year-old girl working as a pizza delivery ninja for her father’s independent Pizzeria. In a world where powerful mega-corporations exploit the poor and quality pizza is hard to come by, Gemma must fight to keep her ideals, her family, and their business intact. For Family. For Honor. For Pizza.

Obliteracers
PS4 — Digital (Out 7/20)

Obliteracers

Award-winning party racing for up to 16 players! Race brutal-cute aliens on exotic planets, using weapon powerups and physics-based vehicles to annihilate your competition in frantic round-based combat.

Orc Slayer
PS4 — Digital

Orc Slayer

Armed with a revolutionary new weapon of mass Orc Slaying, your mission is one of pure revenge. Using your new crossbow and an array of special bolts, Slay your way across the land on a frenzied rampage towards the heart of the Orc Invasion.

Spy Chameleon
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Out 7/21, Cross Buy)

Spy Chameleon

Spy Chameleon is an arcade-puzzle game where the player must avoid being seen thanks to the chameleon’s ability to change colors and camouflage. Through five missions and 75 levels, the player will discover different enemies and abilities to complete these super-secret missions.

Sword Coast Legends
PS4 — Digital

Sword Coast Legends

Set in the lush and vibrant world of the Forgotten Realms, Sword Coast Legends offers an all-new way to enjoy the time-tested magic of playing Dungeons & Dragons as a shared storytelling experience.

PlayStation Music Logo

• Gucci Mane – Everybody Looking
  • Crown The Empire – Retrograde
  • $uicideBoy$ – Radical $uicide

PlayStation Video Logo

• Keanu
  • The Lobster
  • WWE: Money In The Bank 2016

PlayStation Vue Logo

• The Making of the Mob – July 18 at 10/9c (AMC)
  • Animal Kingdom – July 19 at 9/8c (TNT)
  • WWE SmackDown – July 21 at 8/7c (USA)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

rudetoy said:

July 17th, 10:04 am

Interesting that there is no blog at all about the 80% off Flash Sale this weekend. I had to google PSN SALE to find out about it.

BizzyCrack said:

July 17th, 4:14 pm

Flash sales on ps4 are never advertised like they are on steam. I wish they were then I wouldn’t have to log into ps4 every Friday lol.

rudetoy said:

July 17th, 4:46 pm

Not sure where you’ve been but this blog almost always posts details of Flash Sales. They didn’t this time, for some reason or oversight.

Yammoe said:

July 17th, 7:17 pm

You need to read more carefully

PainOfSarrow said:

July 18th, 7:14 am

Same thing I said. That ish is the first time its not displayed on the blog. A lot of ppl probably rely on the blog to have it up. Going to be some upset ppl who had no clue and missed it.

TJ_Solo said:

July 18th, 3:50 pm

I don’t know why anyone on the internet would only use 1 site for gaming related news. Just turning on your PS device and going to the PS Store once a week would be cover anyone hole you think the PS blog has. Personal responsibility?

rudetoy said:

July 18th, 6:45 pm

I don’t get my info from just one site. It’s just pretty bad for someone having a sale not to post about it. They usually do. They didn’t this time. On Friday, I always google ‘PSN Sale’ if I don’t see any info here. Almost always, if there’s no info here, there’s no info anywhere. I was very surprised Sony never blogged about it here last weekend when there was a big 80% off sale. Something fell through the cracks.

Say what you will, but that’s pretty shoddy.

pixelsofdeath said:

July 19th, 6:56 am

probably had something to do with them selling three different versions of evolve despite the game going free to play.

RyuuHou24 said:

July 19th, 7:15 am

Why do you keep saying they didn’t even after it was shown they did? Seriously!

CapJSheridan said:

July 17th, 10:09 am

I thought I Am Setsuna was coming out on PS Vita too, what a shame =(

JoshDCcomics said:

July 17th, 10:47 am

Same but I just checked wikipedia and it says it’s coming out on Vita (and Steam too). Maybe it will be released on a later date? Actually hoping for it to be cross-save. :)

djsaiyan said:

July 17th, 11:11 am

Square-Enix has said multiple times they currently have no plans to bring the Vita version to territories outside of Japan, unless there’s enough fan demand for it.

camman75 said:

July 17th, 12:01 pm

Most likely not coming to NA on PS Vita due to significant issues with both loading and crashing of the game on Vita in Japan. With that said, I am so excited for the game! Pre-ordered and enjoying my two themes, which are fantastic!

RodCih said:

July 17th, 10:11 am

were is my vita version of Setsuna??? Hey square, vita is the house of jRPG!

dhunter_12 said:

July 17th, 10:12 am

Im tempted by am Setsuna… a vita version would be a no brainer. even with long loading times.

Aero_Guardian17 said:

July 17th, 10:14 am

I am just waiting for the reveal of the PLAY 2016 games on Tuesday.

Jabothunder said:

July 17th, 10:17 am

Wasn’t Ark: Survival of the Fittest coming out on Tuesday too?

Jabothunder said:

July 17th, 10:18 am

Can’t wait!

Aero_Guardian17 said:

July 17th, 10:18 am

Yep!

matt4201985 said:

July 17th, 11:49 am

Ark SOTF has been delayed, it won’t be releasing on Tuesday.

Aero_Guardian17 said:

July 17th, 10:17 am

Hyper Light Drifter on July 26th. ABZÛ on August 2nd. No Man’s Sky on August 9th. I’m set.

Jabothunder said:

July 17th, 10:20 am

I’m super hyped for those too!

Butters360 said:

July 17th, 10:37 am

Pizza. That is all.

WadeDanger said:

July 17th, 10:41 am

please please please please please sneak drop i am setsuna on vita. square is becoming one of vita’s best publishers with world of final fantasy, dragon quest builders, and adventures of mana. setsuna would be huge for them on vita. potential day one buy for me.

sietze83 said:

July 17th, 10:44 am

I am acctually waiting for Fahrenheit. Just curious why it isn’t on the store yet and not even on the anouncements??? Hope it stille is coming tomorrow

fecks said:

July 17th, 10:51 am

I know, strange its not posted. Supposed to be out this week

Mercenary09 said:

July 17th, 10:53 am

Quantic Dream announced on twitter that it was delayed. It’s not coming this week.

fecks said:

July 17th, 11:16 am

Dammit another week of nothing for me

Alucard-XII said:

July 17th, 10:45 am

To whoever update the store, please make this suffer end and upload the King of Fighters XIV demo first.

winterdust said:

July 17th, 10:46 am

Best thing coming out this week is the KoF XIV demo. Got early access Neverwinter and its okay considering its free, but id rather play FFXIV and pay the sub. Those “micro” transactions in Neverwinter are out of control. Nothing micro about a bunch of $30-$60 packs.

RealJoelMejia said:

July 17th, 10:49 am

I have I Am Setsuna pre-ordered. Can’t wait to play. I just love old school JRPGs

fecks said:

July 17th, 10:49 am

I thought indigo prophecy is out this week?

Mercenary09 said:

July 17th, 10:53 am

It got delayed. Quantic Dream announced this on twitter couple days ago.

Mercenary09 said:

July 17th, 10:54 am

I got my eye on I Am Setsuna, Moon Hunters, and Lifeless Planet. Also can’t wait to see the PLAY 2016 lineup on Tuesday.

nanaki85 said:

July 17th, 11:02 am

I Am Setsuna looks pretty good, I get kind of a Chrono Trigger feel to it with some techniques like x slash and especially that grave scene @ 1:50 in the video, that looks a bit like Toma’s grave http://lparchive.org/Chrono-Trigger-(by-Leavemywife)/Update%2052/17-image021.png

Looking forward to this, and also hanging on for The Tomorrow Children, Stardew Valley, and Ark Survival whenever that comes out xD

Hakumen__ said:

July 17th, 11:54 am

PS4 owner here not interested on the PS4 version of I Am Setsuna. Please release it on the PS Vita!

Kishnabe said:

July 17th, 11:57 am

Very disappointed in SE decision not to bring the Vita version to the west. If you can translate one port, why not the vita version as well.

Nis bring Htol…that did well…and they bringing Yomawari. FFX on PSV did well…

JRPG have done well on the vita platform…don’t see why there is no reason to bring it.

I am Setsuna looked promising… won’t be able to enjoy it. At least Moon Hunters have not canned the Vita port…and a Canadian company will support that.

Bunch of great PS4 games: Most excited for Neverwinter and Sword Coast. Hopefully Pizza Girl has a plat.

rafael_martines said:

July 17th, 12:17 pm

Weak week

AizawaYuuichi said:

July 17th, 12:51 pm

Nothing for me this week, as I bought the early access for Neverwinter on the 12th and I’m really enjoying it.
Cast of the Seven Godsends – Redux already came out about 2-3 weeks ago, and the trophies were a broken mess, as well as the game just not being very fun. Not sure why it’s listed here again…
Nothing else really catches my attention. Will wait for the PLAY promotion on Tuesday.

clupula668 said:

July 17th, 1:12 pm

As a PS4 owner, who is definitely buying the PS4 version of I Am Setsuna (in fact, it preloaded a few hours ago), I wish people would either buy the version that’s out or forget about it, because there’s no financial reason for it to come to Vita in the West, especially if Squeenix is not even sure if the PS4 version will sell well. If the PS4 wouldn’t, the Vita would do even worse. Just reality, kids. It’s the West. Portable games don’t sell here.

clupula668 said:

July 17th, 1:13 pm

Vita owners have become more annoying than Wii U owners, when it comes to port begging.

lumoplusjess said:

July 17th, 3:17 pm

@clupula668 – When the game is already ported to vita in Japan and already translated into English for ps4 release, thats when it makes no sense to not release it. This is not begging for a port, this is complaining that we are not getting an already finished game.

Soulaxion said:

July 17th, 4:16 pm

Neverwinter for me though I’ve been playing the early access version. Oh and checkout the future plus titles in the Play 2016 sales

unknown_thing632 said:

July 17th, 7:06 pm

If I am Setsuna has such amazing music, how can the game not be good, I am definitely buying it just for that music

paulogy said:

July 17th, 7:39 pm

Seems like there’s some interesting indie options for my birthday (7/19) this year :-) What do you think I should treat myself to on Tuesday?

clupula668 said:

July 18th, 12:47 am

@lumoplusjess – Doesn’t matter if that version exists. It still costs money to bring it over. If the money it would make is not projected to be more than the cost it took to bring it over here, there is no reason to bring it. Stop overestimating your dead system and either get a 3DS or accept that these games are only coming to PS4 in the West. It’s so annoying to hear, every thread, “Wah. Why isn’t the Vita version coming West?” You already know the answer. Whining about it won’t change anything.

lumoplusjess said:

July 18th, 6:13 am

Dont ask don’t get, vita owners proved that with Adventures of Mana.
    Game was released on vita in japan, translated for android and ios but not released on vita. People asked for it on vita and SE listened to demand and released it. Worked once so going to keep trying and show them there is demand on vita.

iREVOLTER said:

July 18th, 5:00 am

Setsuna and Moon Hunters on Vita would’ve been insta buy titles for me this week, but as they are not on this dead system; guess I’ll move on and accept the fate of destiny. =\

Tommygunnz98 said:

July 18th, 6:16 am

The Vita is a nice dust collector/paper weight.

Korahn27 said:

July 18th, 6:48 am

Sword Coast Legends finally got a release date and it’s tomorrow?! hmm. Sadly Plus expires in a few days and, depending on if Neverwinter is enjoyable enough, not sure if I’d even get to SCL.

whereymyconary said:

July 18th, 6:51 am

Just wish ‘I am Setsuna’ was physical. I mean vita digital probably would had gotten me day 1. But no physical on ps4. I’ll wait till the Christmas sales on it. No reason to rush out and buy digital.

TJ_Solo said:

July 18th, 3:54 pm

I can think of a bunch of reasons to get the game as it is right now but then again I tend to think of reason TO buy a game instead of concocting reasons to NOT buy a game.

Gillberg said:

July 18th, 7:00 am

No Indigo Prophecy Remastered?! Nooooo :(

Kaznasty- said:

July 18th, 7:04 am

Umm, new Rocket League vehicles tomorrow and that’s all that really matters.

marlyt said:

July 18th, 7:06 am

Ryan I think its weird that Ark:SotF got a blog post about a 7/19 release date and then it doesn’t appear here in the Drop. What’s that about?

WYLDSTALLYNS77 said:

July 18th, 9:27 am

Lifeless Planet Premier Edition is worth a play if you havent played it on the other systems yet.

Psikorps said:

July 18th, 11:12 am

For everyone looking forward to Ark:SotF releasing tomorrow, it won’t. It has been delayed.

Quote – “UPDATE: Hey ARK fans, Studio Wildcard is putting the PS4 version of ARK: Survival of the Fittest on hold in order to focus on preparing ARK: Survival Evolved for PS4 release. While this means ARK: Survival of the Fittest won’t be releasing on PS4 in July 2016, we’re working towards an earlier release of ARK: Survival Evolved.”

Source – https://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/21/ark-survival-of-the-fittest-coming-to-ps4-on-july-19/

thebeast8390 said:

July 19th, 7:23 pm

Does anyone know when it’s supposed to come out

M-0009 said:

July 18th, 11:18 am

No Vita? No purchase. This game looks perfect for the Vita, I can’t believe they’re letting the Vita die, it had a lot of potential. Now I don’t know what to do with my Vita, probably just wait until we can pirate the 10 games it has.

TJ_Solo said:

July 18th, 3:52 pm

If you love your Vita so much then you should have those 10 games already and should not need to pirate them.

trecemaneras said:

July 18th, 12:45 pm

I’d love to see Ninja Pizza Girl on the vita!

RoninIV said:

July 18th, 7:02 pm

Sorry but Im literally that ****ed of that Ark Survival has been pushed back and now they push back sof a couple hours before the launch. What don’t they want me to play this game at all.

& to PlayStation when are we going to get some sort of pre-release platform like Xbox. This is the one thing that they have on us right now, I can honestly say this is the one thing your doing wrong

msiao said:

July 18th, 9:45 pm

SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 SSX3 PLEASE??!!!

TrueLordX said:

July 19th, 12:24 am

Just a heads up to anyone who’s considering getting Sword Coast Legends mainly for its dungeon master mode. I would pass on it. The Campaign Editor is absent entirely. Hope that spares someone my disappointment.

BlueDragonwolf95 said:

July 19th, 1:15 am

What time does this stuff become available ?

runingwithwolves said:

July 19th, 1:22 am

What’s with the incomplete store update? Setsuna and Sword Coast Legends are there but I can’t find Moon Hunters or most of the other games on this list.

AizawaYuuichi said:

July 19th, 2:45 am

The store hasn’t updated.
    Those were titles with pre-orders and midnight releases, so they’re now available. Everything else will be available around the normal timeframe of noon-3pm Pacific Time.

MMX20 said:

July 22nd, 7:31 am

I checked this week’s PS Store’s selection and found Grandia 3 is a PS2 classic. Pretty sneaky, Sony, but we thanked you for bringing a PS2 Classic to the PS4. :)

MMX20 said:

July 22nd, 8:04 am

Oh wait, it’s for PS3, my bad, but thank u Sony. Hopefully, it will come to the PS4 soon.