PlayStation VR

Jul 19

Jul 19

Telltale’s Batman Series Debuts August 2 on PS4, PS3

Laura Perusco's Avatar Posted by Senior Creative Communications Manager, Telltale Games

Today we can unveil the digital release date for Batman – The Telltale Series, along with this world premiere trailer that’ll give you your very first look at the game in motion, and a taste of what you can expect from the season.

Episode 1: ‘Realm of Shadows’ will be available digitally worldwide starting Tuesday August 2nd for PS4 and PS3. In case you missed the announcement last week, the series will also be available to purchase at retailers starting September 13th in North America as a special Season Pass Disc, which will include the first of five episodes in the season, and will grant access to the subsequent four episodes as they become available for download via online updates. The series will then be available to purchase at retailers across Europe on September 16th.

How is Telltale’s vision of Batman unique? For a start, the series is equally as much about the man behind the mask as it is about Batman himself. In this game, you’ll enter the fractured psyche of Bruce Wayne and discover the powerful and far-reaching consequences of your choices as the Dark Knight. It’s a gritty and violent new story in which you’ll make discoveries that will shatter Bruce Wayne’s world, and the already fragile stability of a corrupt Gotham City.

You may well recognize many of the voices in the game, as the series features an award-winning cast of talent, including Troy Baker in the role of Bruce Wayne, Travis Willingham as Harvey Dent, Erin Yvette as Vicki Vale, Enn Reitel as Alfred Pennyworth, Murphy Guyer as Lieutenant James Gordon, Richard McGonagle as Carmine Falcone, and Laura Bailey as Selina Kyle. Can you tell we’re big fans of Uncharted? ;)

Thanks for reading, and as ever, do let us know your thoughts in the comments below! We’re beyond excited to share this peek at the upcoming season with you. Don’t miss that trailer, and look for more news on the series soon – there’ll be much more in the next couple of weeks leading up to the premiere on August 2nd!

Add Your Own

gerneric123 said:

July 19th, 8:36 am

Hey Laura, is Telltale still planning on releasing their games on Vita? It’s been a while since Game of Thrones, Minecraft: Story Mode and Tales from the Borderlands were released on other platforms.

M_N04H said:

July 19th, 11:14 am

Yea I actually prefer these games on the Vita

Hakumen__ said:

July 19th, 2:06 pm

I join the requests for info on the PS Vita versions of your games!

JinZer069 said:

July 19th, 5:21 pm

I’ll throw my hat in too.

Love BL2 on Vita, waiting for Tales from the Borderlands.

And hopefully when TellTale’s Batman is complete, Vita will get a port too.

JoshDCcomics said:

July 19th, 8:41 am

How many release dates were announced today? PS Blog dropping stories like it’s E3 again! *wallet is crying*

jerk_man said:

July 19th, 8:48 am

To be honest the trailer was underwhelming for me. I’m sure I’ll still buy it though because I have faith in Telltale’s commitment to quality storytelling.

Akmaljon said:

July 19th, 9:18 am

Sweet. Played almost all taletell games except minecraft and all were great! Loved them all, and sure this won’t be exception!! Will it have platinum trophy? Love easy platinums :D

Kishnabe said:

July 19th, 10:29 am

Will wait for the whole season to come out…so I can binge play it.

gameman15 said:

July 19th, 10:39 am

Although I’m not a big fan of graphic adventure/interactive drama games, I have to admit that this looks pretty interesting.

Trendy_Kid said:

July 19th, 11:04 am

I’m not a huge fan of the TellTale games simply because I prefer a distinction between video game and visual novel, but I must say Tales from the Borderlands is one of the best games I’ve played this year. I will definitely be keeping an eye out to see how Batman does.

ajwilson55 said:

July 19th, 12:11 pm

Definite purchase for me. Big fan of Telltale’s game style and I can’t wait to see how they adapt Batman.

AizawaYuuichi said:

July 19th, 12:14 pm

Episode 1 on August 2nd? So the final episode will be out around June of 2017 or so. I’ll pick up the whole thing then. I love Telltale’s games. I do not enjoy the wait between episodes, at all. And it generally causes me to lose interest in the game waiting for episode 2.

BlackJezus27 said:

July 20th, 3:52 pm

All 5 episodes will actually be available by early-mid September

MaxieMostel said:

July 19th, 2:04 pm

Man, this August is insane in terms of game releases.

Hakumen__ said:

July 19th, 2:08 pm

Two questions:

1- Is this also coming to PS Vita?
2- What happened to the PS Vita version of Tales From the Borderlands?

Tatanka2007 said:

July 19th, 2:28 pm

I love my TellTale Games. The Wolf Among Us is among my all-time fav games for its excellent story, voice work, and soundtrack. But this new Batman title just seems kinda boring and tired in terms of art direction. TTG needs to seriously update or overhaul their engine. Minor tweaks aside, Batman artistically looks like every single other TTG title in the last few years.

NO KEVIN CONROY make this a pass at least until the final episode is released. (Gamers are almost punished by buying early since the price falls drastically once all episodes are out.) Troy Baker is a good voice actor, but his take on Batman isn’t his best work by far. On the other hand we do get Laura Bailey who is always outstanding. I look forward to revisiting this once the entire season is out.

pablikenemy79 said:

July 19th, 2:38 pm

What about Vita ?????

dkarlowicz10 said:

July 19th, 2:43 pm

Can you guys please bring over all 3 seasons of Sam and Max to PS4? Also, Monkey Island?

madmanwithabox12 said:

July 19th, 3:05 pm

Huge DC fanboy here, so I’m definitely in.

But I have to say, I’m not digging this cast at all.

All fine actors, but completely miscast IMO. Troy doesn’t convince me as Batman here (Roger Craig Smith or Bruce Greenwood might have fit the bill better). Alfred just doesn’t sound interested in anything. Willingham is fine as Dent (though surely Troy would have been better to reprise this one from Arkham) and Falcone sounds… okay, too much Sully though. Vicki Vale is the only one here I’m really sold on. Haven’t heard Laura’s Catwoman yet but she wouldn’t have been my pick for that particular role (Grey Delisle is pretty definitive at this point).

Like… who are you going to bring in for Joker if/when that happens? Because Troy would be overkill, Hamill wouldn’t really fit this younger universe and most of the other Joker VAs are very particular versions (Brave and the Bold, The Batman, UtRH etc).

Again, I think these are all respectable actors. I’m a fan of their work on the whole, but I do feel like this has been miscast just because they’re the Telltale guys now. We’ll see where this goes, but honestly not impressed on that front, sorry.

Orayu- said:

July 19th, 7:42 pm

Might give this one a go

roberticus420 said:

July 19th, 11:44 pm

Already bought and paid for I love Telltale Games I literally own them all so I am a big fan of your work really looking forward to playing your game I’m sure it’ll be awesome

RISE_UP44 said:

July 20th, 1:46 pm

So amazing, i can not wait for this one to arrive.. Very happy its coming so soon.

KOTOR4240 said:

July 20th, 6:06 pm

This looks interesting.

KOTOR4240 said:

July 20th, 6:08 pm

I hope Telltale Games can port it to PlayStation Vita.

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate is really good and so is The Amazing Spider-Man, but I feel like the Vita is lacking DC or Marvel games, and this would be a great addition to the Vita’s library of games.

KOTOR4240 said:

July 20th, 6:14 pm

I have one more question: Will BATMAN – The Telltale Series have a Season Pass for the remaining episodes?

Rooshparikh10 said:

August 2nd, 6:00 am

Episode 1 came out today and its not available for purchase? Can someone help? I looked all over the playstation store and can’t find it.

Darkdestiny83 said:

August 2nd, 8:44 am

Are you on PS3 or PS4? I’m on PS3 and have the same issue.

Cracklr said:

August 2nd, 8:07 am

Could someone help me? I just bought a PlayStation and the store has barely any games on it. Please help!

Faathom said:

August 2nd, 1:02 pm

Sooo I’ve been checking the store for a few hours and still no episode 1 available. I see the season pass but as we all know, TT has a problem with timely releases so I wanna purchase as they come out. Is this a technical issue or you actively trying to trick ppl into ponying up $25 up front? ^_^

SSj4_Ryuk said:

August 8th, 10:13 pm

I guess no matter how vocal we Vita users are, Sony and developers just don’t care. I know that the damn Android version of this game won’t make much more than a Vita version would, so what the actual ****?