God of War

Jul 27

Jul 27

PlayStation Plus: Free Games for August 2016

Greg Lewickyj's Avatar Posted by PlayStation Plus Content Partnership Manager

Update: Starting on September 22, 2016, prices for PlayStation Plus memberships will change to $59.99 USD/ $69.99 CAD for twelve months and $24.99 USD/$29.99 CAD for three months. The monthly plan will change to $11.99 CAD in Canada, and remain $9.99 USD in the U.S. If you are a current member, the new prices will take effect if your membership renews on or after this date.

PlayStation Plus strives to enrich your PlayStation experience through a world-class service built for our fans. This marks the first time that PS Plus membership prices will increase in the U.S. and Canada since the launch of the service in 2010. The new pricing reflects the current market conditions while enabling us to continue providing exceptional value to our members. As a member, you will continue to enjoy the benefits and features that enable shared experiences, such as online multiplayer, free games, and exclusive discounts. You will also continue to get exclusive benefits such as online game save storage and discounts across the PlayStation digital services.

If you do not wish to continue your subscription, please be sure to cancel it by turning off auto-renewal in your account settings before September 22, 2016.

We thank all of you, our PlayStation Plus members, for your ongoing support.

We’re happy to share the free PS4 games for PS Plus members this August! This month we look to satisfy your inner space pirate, and let you battle it out with friends in a frenzied tower builder.

First up is Tricky Towers, a new title from WeirdBeard Games. Tricky Towers is a physics-based puzzler that’s at its best when you’re competing against friends. With local and online multiplayer for two to four players, the game shines as you race to stack your tower while casting spells to disrupt your opponents. The gameplay is fast, fun, and addictive, as you’ll find yourself coming back for more. So gather your friends or join them online and enjoy the mayhem of Tricky Towers.

Next up is Rebel Galaxy. Suit up and take command in this space combat RPG from developer Double Damage. Take the helm of a massive destroyer as you make your reputation through trade, by being a work-for-hire mercenary or a swashbuckling pirate. In a procedurally generated universe, no two star systems are the same and there’s always something new to discover. So take the helm, prepare for battle, and have a blast with Rebel Galaxy.

Full lineup:

• Tricky Towers, PS4
  • Rebel Galaxy, PS4
  • Yakuza 5, PS3
  • Retro/Grade, PS3
  • Patapon 3, PS Vita
  • Ultratron, PS Vita, PS3, PS4

We’ll see you in the comments section. Enjoy.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 14

mthodmn101 said:

July 27th, 8:33 am

Oh man… this is pretty bad…. I’d be mildly excited if I owned a ps3, but I feel bad for us ps4/vita owners..

tusunami said:

July 27th, 8:39 am

@mthodmn101 Every month can’t be a winner for PS Plus games. And besides you don’t even own a hard drive big enough.

MakaiOokami said:

July 27th, 8:41 am

Rebel Galaxy has decent enough reviews. Why do you know you and everyone else is going to hate the game? A meta critic of 75, and a User Score of 80 isn’t good enough for $4 dollars a month plus all the other benefits, several other games, and discounts?

PS Plus is worth it just for the extra 10-30% they give you alone IMO.

Though I can see people who only buy like 3-5 games a year being upset and feeling like they have to pay for PS Plus but then again maybe if they tried the games in their plus lineup maybe they’d get more enjoyment out of their Plus.

Hey maybe you’ll try Patapon 3 and really get into it. If you like oldschool at all Ultratron is really fun.

So yeah I dont’ feel bad for PS4/Vita owners. I feel bad for people who don’t like trying new games and building a backlog of different experiences.

FeistFan said:

July 27th, 8:41 am

Not sure about your comment for PS3 owners – I know a lot of people will be happy with Yakuza, but it’s not interesting to me. And I thought Retro/Grade had been on Plus before – maybe it was a different rythm game. In any case, I’m not personally thrilled with this list for any platform, but I bet some people are.

Just a weak month for me. Those who are excited about XBox getting WWE make me shake my head, though – I’d be just as disappointed to get that. Blech. Goes to show that you can’t please everybody.

Mac_Gyver7 said:

July 27th, 8:50 am

Tricky Towers looks like a good time filler between games

On a side note – Please bring Streets of Rage to the Psn for the PS4!!!!!!

Lersal said:

July 27th, 8:56 am

Tusunami, you act like people don’t delete games or upgrade their HDD. Please..

Keegs79 said:

July 27th, 9:12 am

I think you would feel bad regardless of the games. Those PS4 games are considered good. While not exactly to my personally liking, I hardly find it something to be disappointed about.

Sub-Zero said:

July 27th, 9:14 am

I have all sony consoles and this is a prime month to show people just have different taste. I see people having a fit because X! got Warriors Orochi and WWE….I would not even DL those if they were the PS+ games ( stopped watching WWE when i was like 10). No ive never heard of either PS4 game this month and i doubt I’d spend more then a few hrs with them…but at least its something ive never played before.

In a lose/lose situation i rather give a mystery game a go and see what happens.

Invictus_80 said:

July 27th, 9:26 am

I was almost disappointed with this months selection then I saw Yakuza. Totally made it all better. I love the Yakuza series. I’m actually impressed, last month we got Saints Row IV for PS4 and Yakuza 5 for PS3 this month. Back to back wins. Usually we get a really great game every 3 or 4 months. Well done PS+. Now you’re gettin us what we really love.

Skri13 said:

July 27th, 9:52 am

I was pretty underwhelmed by the list at first, but i checked out some gameplay footage of Rebel Galaxy and am actually pretty excited for it. I mean, it doesn’t look like the best game ever, but it does look very fun

ROB-LOND said:

July 27th, 10:16 am

This is a very poor line up for the PS4, PS3 not so bad, Still think I’ll give them a miss :(

ZanFear said:

July 27th, 10:41 am

As someone who pre-ordered No Man’s Sky, none of these games will be taking my play time in August. ;) Just nice to have more bonus games.

Circuitburnout said:

July 27th, 11:14 am

Are you joking? Rebel Galaxy is an amazing game.

sublimedyl said:

July 27th, 2:55 pm

After 2 aaa months back to the indie crap woo hoo!

tkamil198591 said:

July 27th, 4:38 pm

Monthly gaming has become very bad xbox platform games are the best in terms of monthly games

Amnalehu said:

July 27th, 5:06 pm

Rebel Galaxy is actually a very good game. Give it a try!

twink81 said:

July 27th, 6:49 pm

Screw PlayStation plus, if I don’t need to play online I won’t have it and the games . Come on even in the PS store it say they love indie Games

Amiculi said:

July 27th, 9:20 pm

Rebel Galaxy is basically the pirate ship combat from Assassin’s Creed 4, but in space. It’s solid.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

July 27th, 10:10 pm

Rebel Galaxy and Yakuza 5 are great PS+ games. Good month.

kellamity said:

July 28th, 5:52 am

I’m excited for Yakuza 5! The other stuff… No idea!

flame933 said:

July 28th, 7:11 am

Reviews are opinions(a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge). Stop using them(reviews) to defend!!!

MidnightSlayer74 said:

July 28th, 8:33 am

Waste!!!

Doug-E-Fresh0126 said:

July 28th, 9:38 am

Dude, totally agree 100%. I do not know how they pick the games but I do not pay for ps plus to get a bunch of c list games. I especially hate when the free games are games I can play on my iphone. They have a big enough catalog now to give out some decent games. People that say its a free game stop complaining, well no its not free its a feature of having a ps plus membership. When i first signed up before ps4 came out they would give like 4 or 5 games a month with 2 or 3 being good enough to play. They used to give things like bioshock infinite and even saints row 3. What would be awesome is if they gave out the first game if a sequel is coming out, give people a chance to either learn the story or catch up. I hope it gets better soon.

mik3vita2 said:

July 28th, 9:59 am

+tusunami maybe you only not us

Exile_Gamer13 said:

July 28th, 10:52 am

Yeah… as a ps plus member myself, with a ps4, I was hoping for something better. There were rumors of Yazuka being on ps4, so i was excited. Then… this.
    What is this?! What’s with ps4 and giving out crappy spaceship games, along with… tricky towers?
    Bullcrap.
    I pay 60 bucks a month for ps plus. I expect something worthwhile that will at least last me a few days without me deleting it…
    This month’s are one of the worst in a long time.

Exile_Gamer13 said:

July 28th, 10:55 am

I am an extreme playstation supporter, so normally, you’ll never hear me complimenting Xbox, but honestly… Xbox Gold’s monthly free games are so much better than PS’s. Assassin’s Creed, WWE, etc.
    And we get stuck with this bullcrap.

Exile_Gamer13 said:

July 28th, 10:56 am

Lol btw i meant 60 bucks a year not a month xD

bignest0 said:

July 28th, 5:05 pm

Ill be real.. I’ve got all the consoles.. however,imo I’d be ok with it if the games were backwards compatible like my xbone.but having to switch consoles to play the games and unload them is sorta sucky. Imo the xbone games are better this month,but thats just this month. Tbh I’m not excited about the psplus games one bit,not even my kids are.but when they seen spelunky,and WWE..not that I’m. Fan of war.. but my kids liked it ..but I’ll dnload all of them..n play all of them. I still feel we should be able to play them on all on ps4, like i can w the dnload I get from xbone n 360.. just my opinion.. gg all.

HumourNoir said:

July 28th, 5:08 pm

Rebel Galaxy is a pretty good game. I own it on PC and it’s awesome.

Zraff said:

July 28th, 5:50 pm

Are you actually joking? Patapon 3 is ridiculously fun, and being able to actually find parties online to play will be just AMAZING. And for serious, everything from Puppy Games is incredible, and Ultratron is absolutely no different.

ELiiTEFORCE said:

July 29th, 6:47 am

For the love of God…… Sony STOP doing PSP titles for the Vita… I do want ANY psp game… There are tons of games for the vita to offer. If i want to play a psp game… I would not use my vita

mitchoboy88 said:

July 29th, 8:09 am

Yea, i know like maybe sony could put in gta v or bo3 or actual good games. At least we got nba 2k16 in june and SR in july they need to keep releasing good games or else everyone going to start buying xbox’s and sony will lose all their money. Also people would keep buying PS plus if they released good games like gta or bo3

MostTryHard_13 said:

July 29th, 6:29 pm

I’m actually not gonna complain about this month’s lineup. I am willing to try these games even if I end up not liking them because they sound right up my alley. I don’t need AAA games just interesting ones.

J1978Crfc said:

July 30th, 9:05 am

Well im disappointed with the free games for ps4 this month as wont play any just glad I got a xbox one to as they do decent games for free more popular games such as the crew and wwe 2k16

edmund26 said:

July 30th, 9:18 am

The only stand-out lineup was the one with NBA 2K16

Lethal_Ocelot said:

July 31st, 10:01 am

I always add these things to the ol’ library just in case…but how about Sony stops making me pay for my very own server with ps+. So I can drop this “non-service.” People that enjoy the discounts and those free indie games, that should have come out during the reign of Super Nintendo, can pay for it. Don’t give me the cloud argument. You don’t host multi-player on ps servers, don’t make us pay for it.

bruhloonski said:

August 1st, 12:54 am

I hate to be a negative guy here but this may be the worst month for ps plus gamers. Of course the one month that you have bad games are on my birthday month. Why can’t we get those top-notch games like NBA 2k16 back. We need games that people actually play. Would love to see maybe Fallout 4. Maybe that’s going too far but it would be HUGE and it would mean a lot to everybody in the PS4 community.

bruhloonski said:

August 1st, 1:05 am

If we get Fallout 4 for PS Plus members, I will love Playstation so much. I mean, I already do but it’s just my dream to play Fallout 4. I do not have the money to go out and buy it. Please, Playstation. At least show me you’re putting this to thought.

TERRYGETZEM_91 said:

August 1st, 10:07 am

Rebel galaxy is an awesome game and will provide several hours of fun if you get into it. I have already purchased it months ago for 20$ and it was worth every penny. I would almost say it’s an open world sandbox the game is pretty big. Hopefully tricky towers will be somewhat entertaining. This is a very good month in my opinion thanks for this month’s line up sony.

kirby_owns said:

August 1st, 12:38 pm

Damnit ps free games maybe wasn’t for everyone in july with Saints Row and fat princess ,but at least fury and Call of Juarez were good games. And the ps vita had Prince of Persia and Oreshika were pretty good games. Compared to july these games suck.

ScumDogLee83 said:

August 2nd, 10:33 am

Every month people on here complain. It’s like you want them to give you new releases every month.. shut up and enjoy. No one’s making you download. I’m ready to enjoy my new games!

ROYCEHELLION said:

August 2nd, 4:39 pm

Rebel Galaxy is a good snag. I beat it twice on PC. a lot of farming at first but a great space game. I’ll finish it again here.

ThePenetratorrr said:

August 3rd, 3:15 am

I think it’s so funny how everyone complains about not having good games for free. I was reading all these complaints and it just sounds like they just want popular games for free. I’m not gonna say these games are terrible just because I didn’t get a brand new 60$ game that is popular. Just give this game a try and don’t whine about it jeez

samdexmol26 said:

August 4th, 7:30 am

Poor as always why am I not surprised didn’t get the ea access on ps4 no dought bcoz ps thought they would lose money then the fallout 4 mod still isn’t out way behind xbox and pc then they cap it off taking our money and giving us these crappy games tht ain’t even as gud as the 1s I get free on my phone well done playstation for overpriced store games poor connections to ur servers amongst all other crap thts bad the worst thing though is I have to sit back and say xbox own use lot poor poor poor

Six_Flags_Guy said:

August 5th, 6:57 pm

come on man , Rebel Galaxy is a win –

GodlessChaos said:

August 22nd, 9:22 am

This is terrible. Hopefully the PS+ games gets better as well as the servers.

Andybroon said:

August 22nd, 10:47 am

This price increase is bull. The ‘free’ games are garbage. They Need to introduce a cheaper tier for Multiplayer only.

coachmclean5t said:

August 22nd, 11:52 am

Why are they raising the price of Playstation plus.it’s bad u have to pay to play online ..you already have an Internet bill…this is wrong

sukTHEfac said:

August 22nd, 12:10 pm

@tusunami right…except that MOST weeks aren’t winners. That’s the problem: inconsistency.

silentassasin997 said:

August 22nd, 2:08 pm

Wow they are just gonna spit in our face like that? Increase Ps+ and continue with the indie trash every month? And they aren’t even going to make an effort to let us change our names? It’s a simple display players “real names” to each other and keep your original name just display it on their profile like steam does. It’s amazing they don’t think of this it took me 2 minutes to come up with that solution yet here we are like 7 years later and they still haven’t figured it out

ga7tar said:

August 22nd, 7:29 pm

This really bad for Sony I’m not alone but I tell you that I go for xbox this is really ridiculous why i will pay 20 $ extra for the psn ?????

za-iq said:

August 23rd, 12:50 am

As always: the games are boring :/
    Sony, please take a look at Xbox gold monthly free games !!

CommandingTiger said:

August 23rd, 2:03 am

Yeah. I am cancelling my subscription. It has been horrible ever since the PS4 launched. There’s hardly any good free games. It is not worth the extra money. I will probably be switching to PC.
    Thank You Shawn Layden for destroying the PlayStation that we all know and loved. You sir are not Jack Tretton because he knew what gamers wanted. More people will ditch your console because of this stupid decision.
    This is how you destroy your lead. By disrespecting your fans.

MillieBrady said:

August 23rd, 1:07 pm

Start making cash right now… Get more time with your family by doing jobs that only require for you to have a computer and an internet access and you can have that at your home. Start bringing up to $14000 a month. I’ve started this job and I’ve never been happier and now I am sharing it with you, so you can try it too.
    You can check it out here…. www.14earnpath.com

iero said:

July 27th, 8:35 am

I own all 3 platforms and I’m Embarrased. Xbox owners have wwe 2k16. We get fake Tetris and a psp game.

saab01 said:

July 27th, 8:40 am

Yeah they don’t look that interesting to me either ps4 games this month is a -0 out 10

evil_padre said:

July 27th, 8:41 am

Said it before I could. 100% correct

InfernoXTv_300 said:

July 27th, 8:43 am

Bro PlayStation gave us 2k16 WAY before xbox did

MakaiOokami said:

July 27th, 8:47 am

1. We get a great PSP game.

2. Rebel Galaxy has a better review score than WWE on both the critic side and the user side.

3. It doesn’t look like a fake tetris. It looks like a parody of Tetris. Big difference. Space Balls is not a fake Star Wars.

BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

July 27th, 8:51 am

Lol wrestling

Lersal said:

July 27th, 8:57 am

Inferno, PS+ gave away NBA not WWE.

lydianfanfare said:

July 27th, 9:24 am

Well, we got NBA 2k16 last month, remember? I’ve been interested in Rebel Galaxy for a while, and am glad to finally get it!

The_Dukenator said:

July 27th, 11:07 am

One of their other games is Beyond Good & Evil HD, which was a PS Plus offer last year.

I get games from both playstation & xbox, and I don’t care what the games are. Free is free, whether or not a subscription is required to keep them.

KongWen said:

July 27th, 11:26 am

I’ll take fake Tetris and a PSP game over WWE any day of the week and any month of the year.

Finker73 said:

July 27th, 11:34 am

Then go get a Crapbox One and the sub-par wrestling game.
    Every month it’s someone comparing PS to XBX. You want WWE so bad, go buy it. You won’t though because you’re feeling entitled at the moment.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

July 27th, 10:14 pm

Rebel Galaxy is really good and Yakuza 5 is an excellent AAA. I have ZERO interest in wrestling, the xbox lineup is garbage and u can’t download every game at the beginning of the month. Hmm, why do u think they do that? Perhaps it’s a way to screw over gamers who don’t download the game in time?

Laniston said:

July 29th, 8:18 am

Rebel Galaxy is actually a really great game. The music and setting give off a bit of a firefly vibe, and the combat is a good mix of action and strategy. While not perfect, it is very enjoyable. Been out on PC for a while and I happily sunk a good 30 hours or so into it. Let’s you be a trader, miner, pirate, space defender, etc. Has some cool ship designs, and the feel of them is awesome. The weapons aren’t anything new but the sounds and gameplay make them feel powerful and ..hefty. don’t pass the game up!

CommandingTiger said:

August 23rd, 2:08 am

Anyone else outraged about the price hike? Or did they just stealth edit that one?

Valde_zerocool said:

July 27th, 8:35 am

Can’t wait for Rebel Galaxy, can’t wait!

Tikker_G said:

July 27th, 11:21 am

Yeah, I hadn’t seen that one before, but it looks right up my alley too. the tetris game looks brutal, and PSP games for vita? ffs

I guess as long as there’s 1 decent game for ps4 or vita I can’t complain too much. I have to admit, I enjoyed the heck out of revisiting the God of War games the last 2 months

Dark_Yoda_313 said:

July 27th, 8:36 am

I kinda love it when games I’m on the fence about come up in Plus. Been curious about rebel galaxy for a while, but not enough to pull the trigger. Really looking forward to it. And Patapon 3 – bonus!

Zraff said:

July 28th, 5:53 pm

I am so excited to get Patapon 3. I have it on UMD, but my PSP is toast, so now I can finally play it again.

mwatcher said:

July 27th, 8:36 am

Great to see that we get Yakuza 5!

DuoMaxwell007 said:

July 27th, 8:37 am

Yakuza 5 is the only godo game on that list… too bad I own it already…

BladedTechPS said:

July 27th, 8:37 am

You know you’re lineup is horrible when the most exciting game you have is a game from over 10 years ago.

MakaiOokami said:

July 27th, 8:50 am

Hello sir. Just thought you might want to know that you are not the center of the everything. Some people will be excited over patapon only yes, but others will be excited over Yakuza 5, many will be excited over Rebel Galaxy, and some people will likely be pleasantly surprised by either Retro-grade or Ultratron.

Lersal said:

July 27th, 8:58 am

Nobody’s excited. ^

aaron_bush_96 said:

July 27th, 9:56 am

Im excited for all the games. Better then nothing.

guitarpete987 said:

July 27th, 10:10 am

^ I’m pretty excited about Rebel Galaxy. Reviews are very decent and it looks fun. And Patapon is a great franchise, never played part 3. Looking forward to it!

Da_Dog_Killa said:

July 27th, 2:32 pm

“might want to know that you are not the center of the everything. ” Just thought you should know you’re wrong, learn space science and come back, but I know you’re being figurative.

Also, he/she didn’t claim that MakaiOoKami. He/she was simply sharing their opinion in the comment section, which is kind of the point of the comment section.

Spitfire_Zero_ said:

July 27th, 7:46 pm

I’m really excited about Patapon and Rebel Galaxy. I already own Retro/Grade, but if anyone is like me and generally dislikes typical rhythm games then you will really enjoy this (and Patapon). A lot of folks here are very excited about Yakuza 5.
    I think you need to change your statement from “You’re lineup is horrible” to “Your* lineup is not to my taste”. The former is a false fact and the latter is an opinion.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

July 27th, 10:20 pm

Are u kidding? Rebel Galaxy and Yakuza 5 are big-time, great PS+ month.

NBA 2k16, Furi, Saints Row PS4, Oreshika, Rebel Galaxy, Yakuza 5. PS+ has been killing it lately. I’ll take that over Banner Saga, WWE, and Spelunky.

DeathKiller49 said:

July 27th, 8:37 am

Yakuza 5 is pretty nice for PS3 owners… which I don’t play anymore. But once again for Vita and PS4, another terrible month. It amazes me how the lineups continually get worst per month.

saab01 said:

July 27th, 8:39 am

Tomb raider definite edition would of been great for ps4

MakaiOokami said:

July 27th, 8:57 am

@Saab01 that game has been $5-14 so many times I have to ask if you wanted it that badly why haven’t you gotten it yet? It was $4.49 for plus a month and a half ago. $7.49 a bit before then. Then again in February. I imagine it’ll be free for plus closer to October, I imagine if they did give it away people would be furious due to all the cheap sales it’s been on, the fact you get it free for pre-ordering the new one, and that the game is several years old and given away on the PS3 side.

@DeathKiller It amazes me how they give away disc games like everyone asks them to, and then people come out with comments like “But once again for Vita and PS4, another terrible month. It amazes me how the lineups continually get worst per month.”

I just don’t get why people come here and act like every game we get is terrible. I bet if you tried some of them you wouldn’t be so grouchy.

DeathKiller49 said:

July 27th, 9:13 am

These games look unappealing to me. A parody Tetris and single player only space shooter (when haven’t we seen those) does not encourage me to download them at all. You’re not more special or appreciative than everyone else because you like these games. Not to say that you claimed to be, but you give off the vibe very much so. Allow people to show their unsatisfsction with the games. The problem is these disc games are coming out for an outdaded console, which I believe is holding them back I understand the PS3 is still used today, but they should be putting more effort into the service for PS4 and Vita games. I’m honestly tired of related genre games every few months (so many puzzlers, really?) and all these PSP games. Knack, Killzone Shadow Fall, Danganronpa 1, Disgaea 4 (Vita version) and others are pretty good games that could be offered yet we’re given stuff that a majority of the people hate, and as someone who was subscribed to this service before it was a requirement to pay for it to play online, its an insult to see such a decrease in quality.

zombiking71 said:

July 27th, 9:25 am

@saab01 Tomb Raider Def. Edition is free if you pre-order Rise of The Tomb Raider on PSN. Got it yesterday. Plus games are always worth trying out. People want the best games every month then complain when titles are below their expectations. The discounts alone make the plus worthwhile to have. The games are just a bonus to me.

Seluhir said:

July 27th, 1:32 pm

The only question I have for you is why do you associate ‘not personally appealing to you’ with ‘low quality’?

I get that it can be hard to take an impartial look at things… but the lineups aren’t getting ‘worse’ they’re just getting ‘less catered to your personal tastes’ – a lot of people are quite happy about rebel galaxy judging by the comments, and patapon is always a classic, whether I personally like it or not.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion… but why do you consider this ‘low quality’?

I haven’t gotten much out of PS+ lately myself, but I recognize that that is simply due to a combination of my personal tastes and me already owning a lot of the stuff… not any drop in quality. The games that are coming out are relatively similar quality, just not something I like.

Da_Dog_Killa said:

July 27th, 2:34 pm

I started up my PS3 yesterday and I was amazed at what games I had in my downloads from the PS+ lineups back when i played it, but now that they sell PS+ with multiplayer it seems that the games in the lineups have gotten worse and worse

iamtylerdurden1 said:

July 27th, 10:26 pm

Wth?

PS4 owners last couple months

NBA 2k16
    Saints Row
    Furi
    Gone Home
    Rebel Galaxy

VITA got an awesome game in July (Oreshika) and God of War.

PS4/VITA have been doing quite well, particularly PS4.

Doug-E-Fresh0126 said:

July 28th, 9:50 am

I love when people say its free if you pre order this othet game, well then it’s not free is it. Free means $0.00. No strings attached. Even the PS plus “free” games are not really free, they are with a paid subscription, if you stop paying you can’t play anymore, thats is so not free. That is why they need to put halfway decent games on the “free” games list. I do not pay ps plus to play games I can play on my iphone. There is too big a catalog of A list games that cab be given, i am sure there is some reason why they have been reduced to what they are giving out now but they gotta find a way to fix it

DeathKiller49 said:

July 28th, 10:45 am

@Seluhir By low quality, I mean the things such as puzzlers appearing so very often and the lack of voting for games or genres we would’ve liked to see. There’s so much backlash on almost every month yet they fail to acknowledge it, the only comments that they appear to reply to are positive ones. I’ll give them their credit where it is due such as Saints Row or God of War, I played neither because they were not appealing but they were high quality and seemed like games that they knew the players would actually enjoy. I never mean to insult Indie developers but I personally think seeing their games on here every single month, with a lack of voting games, a lack of acknowledgment to negative posts, and a lack of voitng for a specific genres like before just to get so many puzzlers or something else repetitive is what is the decrease in quality is to me.

Seluhir said:

July 28th, 11:55 am

You realize that even if 1000 people complain on these forums(which is like 10 times the most I’ve ever seen), that’s still <1% of the total people who have PS+ right?

And that people who are unhappy are far more likely to comment than people who are happy.

That's why. People aren't cancelling on any grand scale, people are probably reserving and downloading the games, and every metric they can use shows more people are content with the investment than not.

Given that, the complaints of such a small minority are something to be aware of, but not something to panic over.

gameman15 said:

July 28th, 1:09 pm

@Seluhir The reason why some people are “happy” as you claim is because they can’t afford better good-quality games, therefore they’re stuck with crappy low-quality games or games that nobody cares about. While Nintendo is making a comeback with the mini NES system (that I’ll be investing in) and the Nintendo NX (that I’ll also be investing in), Sony on the other hand is basically getting out of touch with their fanbase by not actually giving them what they want. Those crappy low-quality “okay at best” cheap knockoff indie games (which are sadly the games Sony is offering to us PS Plus members) don’t count. You speak for 1% of Sony’s fanbase, I (along with those who agree with me) speak for 99% of Sony’s fanbase.

Seluhir said:

July 28th, 2:00 pm

@Gameman actually all anyone can reasonably speak for is themselves. So I speak for myself, you speak for yourself, and neither of can claim any more than that.

That being said, Sony hasn’t made changes because the numbers show that they don’t have to. It really is that simple. You can try to argue with it all you like… but if you were right, Sony would be making changes. Since they aren’t, the numbers must disagree with your assertion.

PaleMemories said:

July 27th, 8:37 am

Not a single game I already own, and multiple games I’ve been seriously interested in. Great line-up, for me!

Greg Lewickyj's Avatar

Greg Lewickyj said:

July 27th, 9:19 am

Great to hear! Thanks for the feedback and enjoy the games.

sukTHEfac said:

August 22nd, 12:08 pm

Stop exclusively responding to overt positivity.

Prc_No9 said:

July 27th, 8:37 am

Men, very very poor month. Not looking forward to Augusts games. I own all 3 consoles & nothing has my interest. Julys was better than this. One of the worst this year.

saab01 said:

July 27th, 8:38 am

Terrible terrible games for ps4 when will we see a disc based game ????

The evil within
Watch dogs
Kill zone ect…….

All of these are very cheap and would be a great fit

Also not very happy with the ps3 line up but I rarely play my ps3 these days.

TrueAssassin86x said:

July 27th, 8:52 am

Why dont you just buy them if there the cheap enless your too poor lol

Lersal said:

July 27th, 9:00 am

I believe The Evil Within was a Japanese PS+ game two months ago.

MakaiOokami said:

July 27th, 9:06 am

Killzone was just on sale for $5 a month or 2 ago. Why are you asking for it to be given away for free? Pretty sure the way it works is that companies come to Sony and offer up some games, or Sony asks about a lump sum for certain games on smaller titles. If we got Killzone people would complain because of how cheap it is.

If we got Watch Dogs people would complain that they gave us a crappy game.

If we got the Evil Within people would complain they’re not into horror games. Heck Rebel Galaxy has just as high a reviews as Evil within. I mean what exactly is it that people want? You can get decent games that no one has had a chance to buy until it was given away for free, or you can risk getting a decent disk game that you might already own by the time they give it to you…

Why do people want to risk getting games they already own? They’ll just complain yet again.

RediJedi95 said:

July 27th, 9:07 am

+TrueAssassin96x

If you’re going to insult someone, at least be grammatically correct.

*they’re *unless *you’re

MakaiOokami said:

July 27th, 9:07 am

Correction I guess Rebel Galaxy has been out for 6 months.

Surprised no one has complained they own it already. :D

The_Bunn said:

July 27th, 9:55 am

@MakaiOokami – Maybe because no one cared enough to buy it. Yeah. great lineup.
    PS plus was such a bait and switch, it was awesome on PS3 days, but now that it’s required for MP, we get scrapes.

racross said:

July 27th, 10:23 am

@MakaiOokami – I own Rebel Galaxy. Not complaining because it’s a great game that I’m glad more people are going to get a chance to try.

Da_Dog_Killa said:

July 27th, 2:40 pm

People are complaining that we’re receiving mediocre indie games for PS+, doesn’t even matter they’re indie or not. A lot of people would be way happier to have Terraria over a block game that is essentially Tetris. And even if it’s a cheap game, shame people for being poor or not all you want Ookami, but having a great $5 game for free is better than a $15 dollar mediocre one

I haven’t played the Tetris game, but it’s tetris, not many people aregoing to be super exited to play a game on their couch that they could play on their phone for free

Ediner said:

July 27th, 6:55 pm

Watch dogs full edition was like 12$ last month and Killzone was like 5$ two months ago (I know because I buy it), so do you have plus only for free games? Another thing, Shadow of Mordor GOTY edition was like 8$ and I buy it too, plus give us great discounts pal.

And Yakuza 5 its a great game for PS3 BTW.

Laniston said:

July 29th, 8:35 am

Rebel Galaxy is actually a great game. Don’t pass on it.

sukTHEfac said:

August 22nd, 12:08 pm

@ TrueAssassin86x I believe the comment rules include “don’t be a jerk” – i.e. don’t be dismissive of valid arguments. He makes a very good point – he’s not being entitled or anything. That’s a prefectly reasonable, cost-effective suggestion that would make many people happy.

dovidiob84 said:

July 27th, 8:39 am

Well I’d like to say thanks to whoever has the job of getting these games on plus. Pick some lesser titles people moan…pick big titles people moan. Well I’ll say thank you. I get to try stuff I may never have even looked at and surprise surprise sometimes not being so narrow minded pays off. Keep it up psplus team.

Greg Lewickyj's Avatar

Greg Lewickyj said:

July 27th, 9:20 am

Thanks for the thought. And, you are welcome.

OMFGitsRae said:

July 30th, 8:16 am

Lol you must be a PS3 user

sukTHEfac said:

August 22nd, 12:11 pm

@ Greg Lewickyj Stop exclusively responding to overt positivity.

Trendy_Kid said:

July 27th, 8:39 am

Rebel Galaxy just came out not too long ago. It’s also pretty good.

PrivateProstate said:

July 27th, 8:39 am

Ugh… I haven’t been excited about being a PS plus member in months and that trend continues today. I only subscribe for these releases and sales, I don’t play online, starting to think it may not be worth it anymore.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

July 27th, 10:34 pm

Open ur gaming tastes to something new. Furi was a great, new game we got this month on PS4. Gone Home has a very high metacritic, NBA 2k16 is the best sports on the market, Saints Row is AAA. Rebel Galaxy and Yakuza 5 are terrific.

tanuki_green said:

August 2nd, 4:20 pm

Cool story bro. And I look forward to hearing it again from you next month too. Keep it up!

samv33 said:

July 27th, 8:39 am

Yakuza 5 would be the highlight for me, but I already own it. Rebel Galaxy looks like it has promise. Although I had to go watch another video since the 10 second of gameplay posted here didn’t give me much to go on.

DuoMaxwell007 said:

July 27th, 8:40 am

Rebel Galaxy WOULD have been GREAT game if it was multiplayer. Being a space pirate and trading etc etc in a “persistent” world that has OTHER players in it as well that I can trade (or pirate). Would be something Id love.. Itll be like “EVE Lite”

The_Bunn said:

July 27th, 9:58 am

Oh man, no MP? it was the thing that could save a title like this.

fritosxii said:

July 27th, 8:40 am

Interested in trying Rebel Galaxy. Mostly want to finally see what Patapon is all about.

Trendy_Kid said:

July 27th, 8:51 am

I won’t lie, Patapon is pretty fun.

vctomazi said:

July 27th, 8:40 am

Thinking about not to renew my subscription, long time no see a good lineup.

saab01 said:

July 27th, 8:43 am

It sucks that we have to pay to play online for ps4 I’m sure the subs would drop on ps4 if this wasn’t the case. Ps plus on ps4 has always been very weak in my eyes.

MomeAlsadi said:

July 27th, 8:40 am

are you f kiding me ?
what is this ?
worst month ever .

etherealbehemoth said:

July 27th, 8:41 am

this is exactly why i didnt renew my ps plus sub. months and months of games just thrown out there with no thought in them at all.

badcatsclaws said:

July 27th, 8:41 am

Space shooters all the way.

HevyD666 said:

July 27th, 8:41 am

So many people down on this month’s games. Last month had great games, and I’m actually interested in a few this month. I don’t have PS+ so I can stop buying games all together, I have it so I can try out games I haven’t played yet or am maybe on the fence about and getting some pretty great deals. I’m happy withPS+. Now, if the next update could just bring some basic stuff like library management….

siegeh said:

July 27th, 8:41 am

when are we getting more PS2 games, its such a small collection with a feature that was so hyped up.
and these games, come on why, at least give us something useful for the PS4
at least give away Destiny since its so old

m-a-k-e-l-e-l-e said:

July 27th, 8:41 am

is this a joke? where the hell is Knack, Assassins Creed Black Flag, Rayman Legends, Tomb Raider DE
really bad line up to be honest

TrueAssassin86x said:

July 27th, 8:47 am

Pre-order rise of the tomb raider to get tomb raider definition edition for free if you want it that bad. Knack is dirt cheap and i am pretty sure blackflag and rayman legends where aready apart of plus

MakaiOokami said:

July 27th, 9:12 am

I guarantee you people will call Rayman Legends an indie game. Tomb Raider DE has been $4-$7 and now is free with pre-order of the new one. If you don’t have it by now, I dont’ think you actually wanted it.

Assassin’s Creed Black Flag? It’ll probably end up being like $10 on black friday or something.

Sony doesn’t even decide these things. Publishers come to them with an offer or they talk about it with indie developers.

TR0317 said:

July 27th, 9:39 am

They should already be in your library. If you only have PS Plus for those games, then you can buy all 4 for less than the price of a subscription.

IBranthrax said:

July 27th, 8:42 am

Garbage. Complete indie garbage. Meanwhile on Games with Gold. Warriors Orochi and WWE.

saab01 said:

July 27th, 8:45 am

WWE looks fun thinking to download on the one.

TrueAssassin86x said:

July 27th, 8:48 am

Garbage completely garbage comment

Trendy_Kid said:

July 27th, 8:51 am

Wow Warriors Orochi is so good. I bought it on the PS3 and had soooo many hours on it.

tusunami said:

July 27th, 8:43 am

Too bad for everyone that is crying about the list of games for PS Plus. You don’t like what your getting then go & buy the game you want. Cause if your waiting on Sony don’t get your hopes up.

SilentNova said:

July 27th, 8:43 am

Rebel Galaxy had me curious, but Yakuza 5 is just exciting and Patapon 3 is a huge yes for me. Pata pata Patapon, Bon bon Patapon.

TrueAssassin86x said:

July 27th, 8:44 am

Meeh this month Rebel Galaxy is a old Xbox-360 game lol.

Heres a 20 minute gameplay video.

Tricky towers looks meh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAvJdnXJex4

Yakuza 5 is about the only good thing thing in this batch. Theres not even a day one indie. Thanks indie complainers for that…. Meeeh looks like Just WWE 2k16 and Yakuza 5 will be my free games this month. Glad i own all consoles.

Fin1drful said:

July 27th, 8:44 am

So so,but who really cares? NO MANS SKY!!!!!

TrueAssassin86x said:

July 27th, 8:48 am

Who cares about No Mans Sky

JremmyTheCreator said:

July 27th, 8:49 am

This.

JremmyTheCreator said:

July 27th, 8:51 am

TrueAssassin86x – A ton of people do

alx_hollow said:

July 27th, 10:43 am

JremmyTheCreator – And a TON of people don’t

AvoidTalkingMice said:

July 27th, 10:49 am

It’s gonna be funny when no mans sky get garbage scores for being as wide as the universe but as shallow as a kiddie pool.

Seluhir said:

July 27th, 1:36 pm

I can’t wait to see how many people are so disappointed with no man’s sky when it fails to live up to the absolutely impossible hype that’s been built around it…(no game could EVER live up to the expectations set for this game…)

That being said, I hope that after the expectations bubble bursts, there’s still a good game for you all waiting there.

It’s first person so I’m personally not interested, but…

LokesHusse said:

July 27th, 7:11 pm

seluhir

Dude, hype is something subjective. If you get hyped because someone else is telling you to be, you’re doing it wrong. Just sayin’.

I love how big it is and that i can choose to do whatever, but what kinda turns me off are the pastel colors. Looks like an acid trip.

DJ_Tomato said:

July 27th, 8:44 am

Swriouaky

cjones205 said:

July 27th, 8:45 am

I feel like for year you are putting out games that would total up the cost of subscription or based on what would sale and nor sale. This Is Bad Business and as a loyal customer I feel you are taking full advantage.

saab01 said:

July 27th, 8:47 am

This year hasn’t been that great 2k16 was nice in the past but I’m not in love with sports games.

MakaiOokami said:

July 27th, 9:23 am

Your argument makes no sense what so ever.

Patapon 3 is $15, Yakuza 5 is $40 digitally. The cheapest it’s ever been is $25. Those 2 games if you own a PS Vita/PS3 can justify the entire year almost by themselves cause Patapon 3 never goes on sale.

Rebel Galaxy has never gone on discount so it’s $20, Tricky Towers hasn’t been released yet and is going to be $10-$15 most likely.

it’s nearly $100 worth of games this month for a pidly $4-5 that you spent for this month. Yes that’s going by the lowest prices I can find. What exactly is your argument?

Blaine said:

July 27th, 9:48 am

@Makai

How much they’re priced at is completely irrelevant. It’s how much we value them that matters. If I’d have been willing to buy Yakuza 5 for $5, then it wouldn’t matter if it was priced $100 when we got it for free. I was only willing to pay $5 for it, then it’s worth $5 to me, not $100 because I’d never have paid that. (But actually I don’t want to play my PS3 anymore, so it’s worth $0 to me–as is the rest of this month’s lineup.) You can add up all the retail prices you want, it’s completely irrelevant.

Seluhir said:

July 27th, 1:58 pm

@Blaine Sony can’t know how much you personally are willing to pay for something. They’re not psychic. So no… it doesn’t matter how much you’d be ‘willing to pay’ for them because that information is inherently personal and thus completely irrelevant to the greater business decision.

They can only know how much it is listed at. Which they can use as data.

SinByGames said:

July 27th, 8:45 am

Great month! Never bought Yakuza 5, so finally get to play that. Rebel Galaxy I was always on the fence so that is great for me! A tetris-clone is perfect since the official one from Ubisoft is bad. Great month overall!

Scopezplayz247 said:

July 27th, 5:59 pm

U know u dont want that game

DJ_Tomato said:

July 27th, 8:45 am

Seriously, two PSP games for vita? You guys want too far, I’m not resubscribing, ps plus is garbage

saab01 said:

July 27th, 8:45 am

I guess back to playing overwatch for me since these titles will not keep me busy to move to another game.

bocahfooty said:

July 27th, 8:46 am

Calling Patapon a “PS Vita” game, what a joke.

Mattia9720 said:

July 27th, 8:46 am

Wow,nice ****** games.

Striker-R2 said:

July 27th, 8:47 am

You are “proud” to tell us about these games? Xbox Gold memebers are the lucky ones… they are laughing at us.

TrueAssassin86x said:

July 27th, 8:49 am

Glad i own both consoles :)

MakaiOokami said:

July 27th, 9:26 am

Well you can always spend $300 on an Xbox One, $40-60 a year on a gold sub, and buy an external hard drive, and then have both lineups to enjoy.

Oh wait… no you’re not going to spend $400+ dollars to get “free” games are you.

Microsoft charges an extra $10, doesn’t give away quite as many games, and yet despite all of this PS4 still outsells the Xbox One 2:1.

I guess no one really cares about the gold and plus lineups. It’s almost as if in the grand scheme of things, they are nice, but ultimately don’t matter much.

AizawaYuuichi said:

July 27th, 12:12 pm

@ Striker: Uh, XBO Gold members are lucky? I don’t agree with that. A game based on the most boring fake “sport” ever? And a game I already own? That would not excite me at all if we got that lineup on PS+.
    I’m laughing at them paying more for worse games (or games they already own) almost every month.

And then of course, there’s the fact that we pay the sub to play online, and for discounts. The free games are literally the last benefit of PS+ that I worry about.

StealthReborn-- said:

July 27th, 8:47 am

We ask you to stop giving us 10 year old games and PSP games, yet you continue to do so. Listen to customer feedback. I’ve been a PS+ member since literally day 1 within the first hour and the past year or so especially these last few months have been absolutely terrible.

MakaiOokami said:

July 27th, 9:27 am

But they gave you disc games!

2 of them!

Within the past 3 or 4 months!

Like the feedback they’ve been getting!

AizawaYuuichi said:

July 27th, 12:09 pm

Except that when they were giving away nothing but indies for the Vita, Vita owners started begging “At least give us PSP games!”

Guess what, people have different tastes. Sony LITERALLY cannot please everyone.

FaroukAmr said:

July 27th, 8:47 am

Not what I expected :/

HiItsDj said:

July 27th, 8:48 am

Pretty bad month, when I was already feeling bored of my PS4 :(

JremmyTheCreator said:

July 27th, 8:48 am

Man, these don’t really catch my eye, i’m not complaining, they just don’t look that good IMO. Good thing NMS is coming out August 9th, so i’ll be busy with that anyway.

Mercenary09 said:

July 27th, 8:48 am

Really bad month for PS4 games Greg. Yakuza 5 is great but that’s it. Please do better.

drew327 said:

July 27th, 8:49 am

Great lineup, thanks much.

KentBlake said:

July 27th, 8:50 am

Very good month for me. One good game that I don’t own for each platform: Yakuza 5, Patapon 3 and Rebel Galaxy

Le_Mental said:

July 27th, 8:52 am

Who own Rebel Galaxy?!

Le_Mental said:

July 27th, 8:50 am

Why am I still paying for this?????

Trendy_Kid said:

July 27th, 9:07 am

So you can play Destiny. :p

MakaiOokami said:

July 27th, 9:28 am

Cause you are a mental case?

I mean that’s the point of your name right? Le_Mental

SOUTHGAPRINCE56 said:

July 27th, 4:13 pm

Because its good to play when bored

ElektroDragon said:

July 27th, 8:50 am

Wow, that’s TERRIBLE compared to Games with Gold for August which gives us Dynasty Warriors Orochi 3 and WWE 2K16. You know, fancy AAA retail games like Plus USED to give us?!?

lgwyant said:

July 27th, 8:51 am

This is why i love ps+. Rebel Galaxy hasn’t come across my radar until i saw it here. I love the premise and as of August 2nd i can play it for free. Same thing happened last year with rocket league.

Fastfander said:

July 27th, 8:51 am

I don’t know about you guys but i’m not happy with games since i start my 12 months Plus membership. It ends in 2017 january and i’m not thinkin’ about renew. This games looks like a mobile games and that’s not what i paid for it. As a friend of my say “still waiting for greatness”.

ZhaneEndrick said:

July 27th, 8:52 am

Nice! I just told a friend last night that I was thinking about picking up Rebel Galaxy. Not sure about the degree to which I’ll play the rest of the games, but I’ll gladly check them out.

avadon1410 said:

July 27th, 8:53 am

I hope it’s a joke… Man, it’s time to get back to Xbox One, at least sth worth playing is there…

OMFGitsRae said:

July 30th, 8:14 am

You sir, are so funny. I laughed out loud to this comment. But you are so true

PAGE 1 2 3 14