PlayStation VR

Jul 31

Jul 31

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 8/2/2016

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

A lone diver plunges into the dark reaches of the ocean in search of answers. With untold beauty and terrible danger drifting through the waters, the diver will uncover the truth of the world. Abzu launches this week on PS4.

Developed by the team at Giant Squid, Abzu explores the beauty of the ocean with free-flowing gameplay and incredible visuals. Seek out answers, or luxuriate in the wonders of life beneath the waves. If you enjoy games like Flower or Journey, Abzu was made just for you.

But that’s only the beginning of this week’s lineup! Puzzle fans, prepare: Tricky Towers hits PS4 this week, and it’s free for PS Plus members! Build up a mighty tower faster than your opponents and use spells to disrupt their game. With single-player challenges and multiplayer support, Tricky Towers will keep you playing.

For a full list of new games coming to PlayStation, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

New Releases: August 2, 2016
Abzu

Abzu
PS4 — Digital
From the artistic mind behind Journey, Abzu is a beautiful underwater adventure that evokes the dream of diving. Immerse yourself in a vibrant hidden world bursting with color and life as you descend into the heart of the ocean.
Batman: The Telltale Series -- Episode 1: Realm of Shadows

Batman: The Telltale Series — Episode 1: Realm of Shadows
PS4 — Digital
Enter the fractured psyche of Bruce Wayne and discover the powerful and far-reaching consequences of your choices as the Dark Knight. In this gritty and violent new story you’ll make discoveries that will shatter Bruce Wayne’s world, and the already fragile stability of a corrupt Gotham City.
Breach & Clear: Deadline

Breach & Clear: Deadline
PS4 — Digital (Out 8/4)
A deadly new breed of human monster is on the rise, and it’s up to players to stop the infestation before it spreads. Breach & Clear: Deadline is the all-new follow up to Breach & Clear, the critically acclaimed hybrid tactical strategy game.
Cannon Brawl

Cannon Brawl
PS4 — Digital
Pilot an airship, command powerful weapon emplacements like cannons, giant flamethrowers, and high-powered lasers. Destroy the very earth from under your enemies’ feet! Cannon Brawl is an exciting mix of RTS and artillery gameplay. It’s a whole new genre in strategy games!
Gal Gun: Double Peace

Gal Gun: Double Peace
PS4, PS Vita — Digital, Retail
When Houdai is shot by cupid angel Ekoro, he becomes immensely popular and suddenly every girl at the academy becomes hot for him. But being irresistible is hardly a dream come true! Every love letter, shout of adulation, and advancing kisses drains his energy! And worse — if he doesn’t find his one true love by the end of the day, he will become cursed and forever alone!
Laser Disco Defenders

Laser Disco Defenders
PS Vita — Digital
Join the Laser Disco Defenders on their quest to defeat the evil Lord Monotone and prevent him from using the coveted Mirror Moon to force the galaxy into dancing along to his, and only his, tune. In this self-inflicted bullet hell you must stay on your toes as each laser beam fired ricochets off walls and can hit you too!
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
PS4 — Digital
Nightmares from the Deep is a classic adventure game that tells a gripping tale of undying love. Assume the role of museum curator Sarah Black and take control of your destiny to stop the undead Captain Remington and save your daughter’s life.
Overcooked

Overcooked
PS4 — Digital
Overcooked is a chaotic couch co-op cooking game for one to four players. Working as a team, you and your fellow chefs must prepare, cook, and serve up a variety of tasty orders before the baying customers storm out in a huff.
Risk Urban Assault

Risk Urban Assault
PS4, PS3 — Digital
Lead your troops to victory with Risk Urban Assault! In a post-apocalyptic world, rally your armies and march across some of the most famous cities around the globe. From Shanghai to New York, be cunning and play strategically to defeat your opponents.
Tricky Towers

Tricky Towers
PS4 — Digital
With your brilliant robe and magic powers, it’s time to build some Tricky Towers! Stack your bricks to create a stable tower and try to topple those of your opponents. Cast magic to support your structure and fend off the dark spells of your rivals in this frantic physics party game.

PlayStation Music Logo

• No Man’s Sky: Music for an Infinite Universe
  • Suicide Squad: The Album
  • DJ Snake – Encore

PlayStation Video Logo

• Suicide Squad – Pre-Order
  • The Huntsman: Winters War (Extended)
  • Meet The Blacks

PlayStation Vue Logo

• Sharknado 4 – July 31 at 8/7c (Syfy)
  • Running Wild with Bear Grylls – August 1 at 10/9c (NBC)
  • Nick Cannon Presents: Wild ‘n Out – August 4 at 10/9c (MTV)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

MakoSoul said:

July 31st, 10:03 am

Abzu and Batman for me. Already pre-loaded!

fisheye11 said:

July 31st, 11:15 am

Please don’t let the first reply of MakoSoul’s comment become a thing here.

saab01 said:

July 31st, 11:31 am

Isn’t abzu a game you play once and never play again? Was thinking to pick it up but for 15 seems pricey for me.

OexecutionstyleO said:

July 31st, 6:21 pm

Same here Batman and Abzu preordered already and just my opinion but the rest of the games look kinda weak.

MakaiOokami said:

August 1st, 9:48 am

@Saab01

It sounds like people who worked on Journey made Abzu and Journey was a game you played once. Then again. Then again. Then some more. Then a few more times. Then showed all your friends. etc…

People loved replaying Journey because every direction took you to a different path with different things with different secret areas and so there was always new things to see and discover. I don’t know if Abzu has that same replayability but if it does… $15 is great for people who loved Journey.

brolol07 said:

August 1st, 2:11 pm

Same here! Excited for both of those games!

OnTheBus666 said:

July 31st, 10:04 am

I really hope breath and clear dead line makes it to the vita eventually

KROY1 said:

July 31st, 10:17 am

that would be awesome, btw did you buy the physical edition from Limited Run Games on Frida?

Hakumen__ said:

July 31st, 1:44 pm

@KROY1 I bought the physical edition of the first Breach & Clear for PS Vita from LRG. Didn’t bought the PS4 version of B&C:D, but I would buy a PS Vita version if that if released.

Mercenary09 said:

July 31st, 10:07 am

Lot of good stuff coming this week. I’ll be getting ABZU and Batman and of course Tricky Towers since it’s free. I may also pick up Overcooked and Breach and Clear at some point.

Play5928 said:

July 31st, 8:26 pm

Hi Mercenary09. Yes, Tricky Towers is going to be fantastic!

Aero_Guardian17 said:

July 31st, 10:18 am

ABZU is what I’ve been waiting for. I absolutely loved both Journey and Flower. Their art style, music and story were both incredible. I am so excited for a new game with that same level of creativity. Austin Wintory, Journey’s composer, is also returning to do the soundtrack, so that makes me even more excited! To top it off, it’s underwater. I don’t think it can get any better… cough cough No Man’s Sky comes out next week…

rafael_martines said:

July 31st, 10:19 am

Weak week

MakaiOokami said:

August 1st, 9:49 am

That’s great news!

Weak week means it’s Backlog Catch Up Time!

If you don’t have a backlog, what the heck is wrong with you! :D

IDrinkYourBlood said:

July 31st, 10:29 am

Gal Gun!

Sonicfan11589 said:

July 31st, 10:52 am

No Ape Escape 2! :( Hopefully next week.

ZanFear said:

July 31st, 11:13 am

Nor Farenheit: Indigo Prophecy :(

mjc0961 said:

July 31st, 6:35 pm

I’m hoping it comes out anyway and they just didn’t bother to mention it here because they wanted to focus on new games and not re-releases.

wenger56 said:

July 31st, 11:16 am

Love the new layout!

I might have to get a group together and play some Tricky Towers, Sports Friends (Joust has been outlawed after a crotch kicking debacle), and Drawful next weekend.

Asshawk said:

July 31st, 11:44 am

Just Gal Gun for me. Thanks based PQube for releasing it completely uncensored.

RoD_GX said:

July 31st, 12:11 pm

A japanese piece of …. and an indie game for the Vita. The same usual cr.. .
What’s wrong, indiestation? Too busy trying to patch the Vita?

If I could have a minute with Kazuo Hirai, I’d have two things to tell him.
The first is a question: “what kind of drug were you guys on when the Vita hit the market?”

And I’d tell him a suggestion:
“Look, don’t get me wrong, but since this company would eventually kill their own handheld, I don’t think you should name it PSVITA. Go for PSJoke, because that’s exactly what it is. A bad, terrible joke”.

shuhei-san of a bit.. :”SOMEONE MANAGED TO ENCRYPT AND THEN RE-ENCRYPT VITA’S FILES! WHERE ARE THE ENGINEERS?!
QUICK, DAMAGE CONTROL MODE! DAMAGE CONTROL MODE!”

Engineer: “But we don’t have anything to feature in this update! We can fix the browser though.”
Shu-shucks: “I WANT THIS OUT NOW! AND LABEL IT STABILITY UPDATE, THEY ARE USED TO IT! MAKE IT MANDATORY!”

TrueAssassin86x said:

July 31st, 12:37 pm

The Vita is dead get over it.

mjc0961 said:

July 31st, 6:34 pm

“Look, don’t get me wrong, but since this company would eventually kill their own handheld”

Eventually? They killed it YEARS ago. Sure, the occasional third party releases a title now and then, but Sony’s been done for quite some time.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

August 1st, 4:25 am

The VITA is a phenomenal piece of hardware and Sony supported it for years.

The library of games on VITA is spectacular.

The reason Sony is no longer developing 1st party games for VITA is bc it doesn’t sell a lick in the biggest market in the world (North America). It sells quite well in Japan, a little in Europe, and NOTHING in North America. There were plenty of big 1st party/exclusive titles on VITA in the first 3 years, it’s not Sony’s fault that Americans are sheep that only believe the smear campaign propaganda.

Heck, exclusives like Severed, Freedom Wars, and Oreshika weren’t THAT long ago, Sony gave it a fair shot.

Bc of the fact the there are roughly 16 million VITAs in the wild, and due to the fact that certain games turn a profit on the system, 3rd party support is actually quite good. Thus, the VITA is absolutely NOT dead.

Excellent games like Odin Sphere, Zero Escape Time Dilemma, God Eater, One Piece BB, Downwell, Xcom, Octodad, Steamworld Heist just came out on VITA. Lego Star Wars just came out on VITA, Severed and Stein’s Gate recently launched as well. Resident Evil Revelations 2 wasn’t too long ago. VITA is stacked, but i’d assume casuals wouldn’t be aware of this.

elmadin said:

August 1st, 9:46 am

the best console on the market is the vita. HUGE library of vita games at low regular prices or a steal during flash sales and whatnot, free games with plus. access to psp and psone games, all on a beautiful and super convenient machine

MakaiOokami said:

August 1st, 10:09 am

The reason why the Vita suffered was because people weren’t buying the Vita to hack it like they did the PSP. I remember when God of War released on the PSP, and there were millions of illegal downloads, there were lots of PSPs selling and the only thing that wasn’t selling, was the only game that could account for both the downloads and the sales. You may not have been paying attention to the long history but I have.

Look at Sony’s handheld lineup. Killzone, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Deception Blood Ties, Soul Sacrifice, The Walking Dead, Call of Duty, Borderlands…

Those last 3 were the game bundles. The other ones were the ones being displayed in stores. If you wanted to buy a handheld for your child, are you going for the one that seems like it’s almost all blood, and lies, and thieves, and killing? Or are you going to grab the one that has Marios, and Monkeys, bright colors, and E for Everyone and T for Teens, and Frozen snowmans and puppies and kitties!

it’s that Sony targeted too mature of an audience. They needed games like Pokemon, Monster Hunter, and a Minecraft bundle. That’s what Sony needed.

MakaiOokami said:

August 1st, 10:13 am

Let me add a quick addendum. They needed games like Pokemon (probably a good digimon exclusive years ago) , they needed Monster Hunter years ago (they have plenty of faux Monster Hunter games), and a Minecraft Vita Bundle (years ago).

mjc0961 said:

August 1st, 6:00 pm

“it’s not Sony’s fault that Americans are sheep that only believe the smear campaign propaganda”

What smear campaign propaganda? Nobody started saying the Vita was dead until after the Vita was already dead. Sony started off strong with titles like Uncharted Golden Abyss, Killzone Mercenary, and Tearaway, but people didn’t want to buy a Vita because the memory cards were overpriced (still are overpriced to this day) and then instead of doing their best to turn it around like they did with the PS3, they just abandoned it. And after they abandoned it, that’s when we started saying Vita is dead. Telling the truth isn’t a smear campaign.

The problem with Vita at launch wasn’t games and people saying there were none (because there were games back then). The problem was the overpriced memory cards that were supposed to stop piracy. And they did. They stopped piracy by making the system so unappealing that nobody wanted one either to actually use it as intended or to crack it.

mjc0961 said:

August 1st, 6:04 pm

The worst part is that if Sony had actually wanted to give the Vita a fair chance at succeeding, they could have fixed the biggest problem with the 2000 model. All they had to do was switch out the overpriced proprietary memory cards for micro SD cards that can be obtained cheaply and easily. Even if that had led to piracy (it shouldn’t have if they kept up with firmware updates), people buying the system to pirate games are still buying the system, which would have been more Vita hardware sales than they were otherwise getting (if they had made sure the 2000 model made a profit on every device sold, it would have been some money coming in).

Instead, they kept the overpriced proprietary garbage and bundled in an unplayable port of Borderlands 2. RIP Vita, if Sony ever cared about you, they had a funny way of showing it.

Combatting said:

August 1st, 11:31 pm

@ elmadin

You know they’ve been releasing PSP titles on PS Plus as of late right?

jclown17666 said:

July 31st, 12:15 pm

Already Pre Loaded Abzu and Batman. All I want to see on Tuesday is Pre Orders for Grow Up and Dragon Ball XenoVerse 2 pop up.

olinkalex said:

July 31st, 12:20 pm

GAL GUN Double Peace for me, Why? because I always find these over the top-fan service games to be funny as hell to play, Also I always like to show my support for niche games, and also I like to support the game for being uncensored.

Also I always find it silly that allot of people view these games as gross, or wrong, or whatever, yet they never have that same view with Violent video games. Because when you get down to it Violent video games and Fan-Service video games are not that different from each other. Both are over the top forms of fantasies that we of course would hate to see in real life, but find enjoyment in the world of fiction. If we defend video games for there violent content, then I think it’s fair that we should defend video games for there Fan-service as well.

nepchanfan said:

August 1st, 5:11 pm

Uncensored? Wow, i don´t know this…and I agree with you, finally I find what think the same thing.

ammoburn said:

July 31st, 12:20 pm

I’ve asked before on different forums and Twitter and never received a reply, but since movies are listed on the Drop as well I don’t think this is off topic.

Why aren’t these movies viewable anywhere else when Sony is a member of the UltraViolet movie format? Additionally, why can’t I see my other Ultraviolet movies on PlayStation?
I find it strange that I have to use a Walmart App (Vudu) in order to see movies purchased. Especially when some of those movies are from Sony Pictures.
Also strange, buy a movie from the PSN store and you can’t watch it anywhere else.

Whatcha think Ryan?

TheTrainJob said:

August 1st, 7:49 am

I would love to hear answers to these questions from Sony. I wouldn’t mind buying movies digitally if I had some guarantee I’d be able to view them in the future, and not just on a single piece of hardware. Buying movies on PSN is the worst place to buy movies digitally, as it is by far the most restrictive service available.

You’re much better off using UltraViolet (owned by Sony, and not at all integrated with PSN… ridiculously stupid), iTunes, Amazon, even XBL(shameful). Comcast might be worse; it’s actually less restrictive, but you need a Comcast account, so moving to a non-Comcast area and you’re screwed.

It’s all so ridiculous. Until DRM is dead, or there are some guarantees and more freedom to view on different devices, I’ll stick with physical copies for my movie purchases.

MakaiOokami said:

August 1st, 10:16 am

I stopped buying movies. I don’t pirate, but I’m not against piracy anymore. I used to buy Blu-Ray, DVD, and Digital copies, but now they don’t have the DVD and not everyone I know has a Blu-Ray player, so it’s to the point to where if I watch a movie it’s on Netflix, Hulu, or it’s a free rental from a promo code using Redbox.

odedy777 said:

July 31st, 12:29 pm

A good week for us.✌️

TrueAssassin86x said:

July 31st, 12:34 pm

One more week left till No Mans Sky that is all.

All of Play 2016 games will be a PlayStation Plus game sooner or later like last years games. Or on sale during the replay sale next year. And i’ll be waiting for the disc version of Talltells batman game.

Mercenary09 said:

July 31st, 12:42 pm

Neither Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture or N++ have been free and both were part of PLAY 2015.

TrueAssassin86x said:

July 31st, 12:50 pm

Well then i’ll just wait for the replay sale 2017

MakaiOokami said:

August 1st, 10:17 am

The disc version is basically 1 episode and a season pass.

Why would you even bother other than as a gift?

ihatereading369 said:

July 31st, 12:47 pm

Where’s this years summer sale though?

TrueAssassin86x said:

July 31st, 12:51 pm

Sony aready had there 2 week summer sale back during July

TrueAssassin86x said:

July 31st, 12:57 pm

Make that June not July ^

whereymyconary said:

July 31st, 12:58 pm

I’m going for Gal Gun: Double Peace cause the ps4 demo was fantastic

darkrchaos said:

July 31st, 4:09 pm

I’m so excited for Gal-Gun, I’m hoping they will bring over the awesome DLCs :D

xxdmcgee2288xx said:

July 31st, 4:57 pm

terrible. terrible. horrific. I just tried to post something, I guess it was over 1250 characters. So, it had no option to edit, and I lost it all. Tch. Pfft.

Anways, the gist of what I said:
A- The new layout/interface for the drop is TERRIBLE. Go back to the vertical standard presentation and forget this horizontal crap. Sorry if I sound overly critical, it’s just my honest opinion and how I truly feel. If it’s not broken, for the love of Christ, don’t try to fix it or reinvent it, unless its something extraordinarily innovational. This is not.
B-Only looking forward to Batman. Here’s to hoping TTG can get good reviews on this one, and that they can stay vigilant and work hard on release dates and keeping all TTG fans happy with their work.

Cheers!

nikki_boagreis said:

July 31st, 6:01 pm

If you go over the required amout of characters just shorten your post, you don’t have to re type the entire post. Batman for me but after Minecraft Story mode im skeptical about a season pass because TellTALE has 3 additional episodes for Minecraft Story mode that aren’t included in the original season pass. Other then that it looks like a slow week, i don’t see the big deal about indies. When you see Rainbow Skies the indie SRPG on the drop list im assuming the ppl’z who usually bash indies will be all over it.

Indiestation has plenty of games that are F2p that aren’t indies, unless expecting free AAA games for plus members is still a thing … Bastion, 5 star wrestling, Dust an Elslain Tale, Rainbow Moon etc all great games i’ve played Rainbow Moon since it’s free for plus on PS3 & then purchased it on current gen. Unfortunately Sony can’t meet everyones demands, who cares about the layout? Come on here ranting about the layout like it actually matters, i look at it once a week & forget about it until the next week.

xxdmcgee2288xx said:

July 31st, 6:27 pm

Obviously, I care about the layout. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have commented on it. It is a big deal to me, especially having a bachelor of arts in journalism. When I read about something I am passionate about (i.e. video games) I want it to be appealing to all my senses.
    Thanks for being a bit obvious about the typing thing, however, I’m not really sure you understood me.
    I clicked submit, and then it took me to a white screen that had text and it said I typed too many characters and it told me the character limitations. It no option to edit or any of the sort. So, I hit back on my web browser (only viable option at that point) and lost it all.
    I will agree, however, to one thing you said. The indies you discussed. I love rainbow moon and I got it back day one on the PS3. Also, I highly anticipate rainbow skies. I’m a huge indie guy and I hate it when people constantly bash and berate SCEA and PS+ for giving us these golden gems for free. People just love to complain. It’s in their nature. And, so, naturally, they are subject to their own bias and opinion. They are “entitled” to it, for lack of better words. Hence, I voiced mine, regarding the layout of the interface.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

August 1st, 4:43 am

Umm we just got AAAs 2 straight months on PS+. NBA 2K16 (far better than wrestling) and Saints Row PS4. Oh, and Yakuza 5 is a pretty big game this month.

Indiestation? Uncharted, Ratchet, and No Man’s s Sky say hi. Sony’s e3 says hello as well. GT Sport, Gravity Rush 2, and Nioh also want to greet u this year. This winter, Horizon and Persona 5 are looking to acquaint themselves with you. Indiestation?

SilentNova said:

July 31st, 7:04 pm

Grandia III on PS4 was on the featured list so I thought it would be out this week. However minus the Plus line-up, nothing for me this week which I am glad about. After Comic Con I need at least one week to get a break.

lightningfastpig said:

July 31st, 9:38 pm

Gal Gun: Double Peace
PS4, PS Vita — Digital, Retail

Sooo, how come there is no Retail in the eb games website? I’ve seen the news that Gal Gun has been pulled from the Australia Eb Games. Did it get pulled too here in North America eb games?! Please respond asap!

briibriiroyalty said:

August 1st, 5:01 am

Because most retailers did not want the box art on their shelves. That was the response I received from Best Buy and Gamestop (American EB). I did order a physical copy from Amazon.com

Or amazon.ca

Enjoy.

VinsanityV21 said:

July 31st, 10:35 pm

Overcooked, Cannon Brawl, Abzu? There’s definitely some great stuff here. Brought down a little by yet another QTE-fest by the anti-game devs at Telltale, and the worthless, pandering junk that is Gal Gun (and from the developer of Azure Striker Gunvolt and the Mega Man Zero games, no less! Shame), but perfectly fine group of releases this week. Nothing for me now though; I’m waiting for heavier hitters this month like King of Fighters XIV, Attack on Titan, Deus Ex and God Eater 2 Rage Burst.

hail_donsee said:

August 1st, 7:30 am

Can’t wait to play Overcooked with my kids!!!

dmsleight said:

August 1st, 12:32 am

Isn’t Batman supposed to be on PS3 too? Not listed…

So Telltale’s no longer supporting the Vita? Thats fine, I’m tired of their games anyway, but I was hoping to get TWAU S2 though. I guess I won’t be buying it after all.

Speaking of the Vita, so many of these psn indie games seem like they would be perfect for the Vita…. Developers?

mjc0961 said:

August 1st, 6:10 pm

Developers actually want to make money. Which means releasing their games on platforms people actually own and are buying games on. Which means not the Vita. Sorry.

Combatting said:

August 1st, 11:30 pm

Yes, Batman will be stackable on the PS, but is delayed.

GOODMANS_1 said:

August 1st, 1:22 am

Crap as per usual.

nikki_boagreis said:

August 1st, 1:59 am

Yes, Batman is releasing on PS4, M$Xb1, PC/Mac as scheduled however PS3 & 360 it releases late August. The physical format releases in NA around mid September including the 1st episode & access to the remaining episodes once they become available. Just looked on PlayStationLifestyle.com for this weeks drop & then looked up “TellTale Batman PS3?”

VeritableHero said:

August 1st, 4:48 am

Ryan, I like the new formatting of the drop post.

ThePowerofX said:

August 1st, 5:55 am

The new format does not display correctly when viewed in a Firefox web browser. The images are vastly oversized. Does this happen to anyone else?

CrusaderForever said:

August 1st, 7:10 am

Really looking forward to ABZU and No Man’s Sky! Great time to be a gamer!

FADEDMIRAGE said:

August 1st, 12:07 pm

Since there is no way to pre order “Gal Gun Double Peace” will we get the pre order pack for downloading the game day one or within so much time; or are we going to have to pay for it? (as I believe it will be day one available dlc…)

hail_donsee said:

August 1st, 1:57 pm

why isn’t there a pre-order of Overcooked for NA? UK has them since 10-Jul

Bag_Of_Fruit said:

August 1st, 3:36 pm

ape escape 2 for ps4 just got released in NZ today :)

craiglongstaff said:

August 1st, 4:54 pm

What about Livelock?
Out August 2nd?
Sony’s coverage of ‘out this week’ or ‘coming soon’ is and has been patchy at best.

Keep cherry picking the titles you want to push instead of giving us a full rundown. We’ll just keep checking the store anyway,

Target-4012 said:

August 1st, 7:28 pm

Sigh, guess I will pass on Galgun until move support is patched in. A rail shooter with no gun and using a controller to slowly aim at many targets at once sounds too frustrating and not going to attempt that again.

Arikado-7 said:

August 1st, 8:42 pm

oh man… still no SKY FORCE. I guess it’s for the end of summer, maybe…

SeventhChimera said:

August 1st, 8:58 pm

I hope the Vita goes away. It’s almost six years old (twice as old as the PS4), the PS4.5 has been announced, AND… the Nintendo NX, a mobile console as powerful as an XBone, is coming out soon… Continuing support for the Vita is a terrible idea for Sony. They need to make a brand new mobile platform to compete with the NX. Vita is not drawing any new attention when everyone with money is saving up for the next generation of purchases. There’s only 4 more months left in the year, they could focus solely on the PS4.5 or announce a new portable platform, but yes,…

Vita is dead, and I want a new portable playstation console or more PS4 freebies. They should’ve done away with PS Vita/PS3 freebies awhile ago in favor of offering PS4 owners better deals and freebies. We often see free AAA games for PS3 every month and free indies for the PS4, it should be the other way around…

Combatting said:

August 1st, 11:34 pm

Can’t agree more. How people are still trying to support the Vita when Sony themselves aren’t I don’t know, but hey ho.

I wouldn’t mind a new handheld, but I fear that Sony will stop supporting that aswell, the same can be said for the VR.

Target-4012 said:

August 2nd, 1:55 am

Playstation vita is not doing much in the west, but it is still doing fine in Japan. As long as Japanese developed games are being produce and published for North American audiences, I will continue to support the platform. Having “AAA” western games on a handheld isn’t the best idea, but I’m happy for the niche audience japanese games. Even though the console isn’t doing so well in the west, I don’t want them to completely stop supporting the console in the west

SilentNova said:

August 2nd, 8:11 am

The Playstation Vita is actually doing fairly well all around. On Amazon it was on the top one 100 list for top selling Video Games for almost a year straight. Most 3DS hnadhelds stay up there for a week tops.

ZombieRasputin said:

August 2nd, 1:58 am

The last few sets of free games for ps4 have been real disappointing. With the coming up on its 4th year and PlayStation doing as well as it is, I would expect to see more highly-rated, though still older, games being made available as part of PS plus.

Booster packs for free-to-play games, numerous PSN indie games and games with middling to poor reviews are not what I want out if PS Plus, especially when Microsoft is rolling out lots of highly rated games on their Games With Gold and tons of backwards compatibility.

God-Of-Lyf said:

August 2nd, 10:33 am

Comparing Sony to Microsoft is like comparing apples to tomatoes. They are not the same thing. I admit that now days I only sub plus by the month and only if they have good plus sales that make it worth the investment or if I want to play multiplayer. I could care less about the free games anymore. It’s always one game I already own and one game I wouldn’t play anyways. And as far as the post above about needing a new mobile unit to compete with Nintendo? What? Nintendo has never hurt anyone. They could care less about beating who, they care about making fun games for the whole family. Yes the WiiU pickings have been few for awhile now, but I still love the console as well as my PS4 and that speaks volumes.

God-Of-Lyf said:

August 2nd, 10:34 am

And as far as Microsoft consoles go, I won’t go near the new one with a 10 foot pole. Main reason is I hate the controller, always have and their selections of games are not my cup of tea. But as far as Plus goes, people need to start excepting it for what it is. You will only get what they want us to have and all the crying is just showing the world the current sad state of gamers and how entitled they think they are. Meanwhile, go buy a new game and support game companies for all their hard work and stop demanding top value games for basically pennies. And if your swamped with bills, living at home with mom and dad, or just not financially sound right now then maybe put the controller down and give Pokemon Go a try. It’s free, fun, and gets some poundage off the old bod..

Imaginashunz said:

August 2nd, 10:49 am

Can someone tell me if Batman episode 1 will release today seperately? Or do I have to fork over the 25 bucks for the season pass to play the game.

han_d_cap said:

August 2nd, 12:21 pm

What’s going on with ps4 preorder bonuses for no mans sky?? Really just 10 avatars? No ship, credit or multi tool bonus??