PlayStation VR

Aug 05

Aug 05

PlayStation Store: July’s Top Downloads

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

Welcome back! Seems folks are excited for God of War — GoW III Remastered was the most downloaded PS4 game from PlayStation Store last month! 7 Days to Die took the second-place spot, followed by Naughty Dog’s masterful The Last of Us Remastered.

We’ve got some big releases in August… what do you think will be #1?

PS4 Games
8 Mega Man 8
9 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
10 The Misadventures of Tron Bonne

Add Your Own

doctorfraud006 said:

August 5th, 7:25 am

how sad and lame that most of that chart is filled with remasters and ports of last gen games. this gen stinks.

mthodmn101 said:

August 5th, 7:37 am

welcome to the summer of gaming

dougsvest said:

August 5th, 7:49 am

Can’t remember what GOW3 was, but Last of Us was on sale for $8. Quite the steal for one of the best games ever. Many weren’t around on PS3 and took advantage. If you can’t find good games this gen then…….sorry?

jerk_man said:

August 5th, 8:25 am

Did you see the sales they had for July? They were great. That plus you take into account the new releases we had in july, there was nothing really noteworthy, unless you count 7 days to die (awesome game) which came out in the end of June. So this is really no surprise. There are plenty of great games out this gen and many promising ones coming. Hell, no mans sky comes out Tuesday. That game is my most anticipated game ever. So, while it may be your opinion that this gen stinks, it is my opinion to say No. No, this gen does not stink.

rachavong said:

August 5th, 9:06 am

I’ve got GOW3R on for around $8 while it’s on sale last month.. quiet a deal while its physical disc still cost around $30.

lethal1k said:

August 5th, 10:47 am

MEGA MAN 8!!!!!

MakaiOokami said:

August 5th, 10:52 pm

Or another way to interpret what you see above, without your confirmation bias (though I guess it could be argued that it is part of my confirmation bias) is that a lot of people didn’t have a PS3.

I mean 40% of PS4 users didn’t have a PS3. Is it really so wrong that they might buy God of War 3 for $8-$10?

I also didn’t buy GoW 3 last gen. I didn’t buy GoW 1 and 2 the gen before that. I was more of a Devil May Cry sort of guy, and I ended up playing the games because of PS Plus offer or something I think. So I bought the HD Remasters last gen, and waited for the HD Remaster of 3 this gen, got it on a black friday deal, and grabbed 4 and New DMCs on sale as well.

Now is not a bad time to be a gamer, the games we pay $15 for are better than probably 80% of the $50 dollar games on the PS2. The PS2 library was like 2,400 games. How many decent titles were there? 600 over 10 years? How many of those were sports games? 100?

Not exact numbers mind you, just trying to get you to remember some of the horrible games. I’d still gladly take Mighty No. 9 over Mega Man X7 any day.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

August 6th, 1:10 am

This gen already has instant classics like Bloodborne and Uncharted 4. There has been a slew of great exclusives this yr alone, with plenty more on the way. When games like Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, GT Sport, Wild, and Hellblade don’t make the e3 presentation, u know you have a lot of big-time games.

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

August 6th, 3:42 am

then sale and move on.

CommandingTiger said:

August 6th, 12:16 pm

What made the ps2 great in the day was that it had backwards compatibility and forward compatibility.
    That is what Microsoft promises with Xbox and since the PS4 is using AMD hardware, there is no reason why the PS4 Neo and the PS5 can’t be backwards compatible with the PS4. It would bring and keep consumers from going to other platforms.

Sneakydude555 said:

August 6th, 5:07 pm

Agreed. Looks like developers are running out of ideas.

MakaiOokami said:

August 7th, 12:27 am

Sneakydude555

Developers aren’t running out of ideas. Games cost 10s of millions of dollars at the AAA level and for some reason trolls on the blog like you don’t want to admit that Indie games exist or that they are innovative without being 10s of millions of dollars. Either you want games to be innovative, or you want them to be expensive. Both is just asking to bankrupt a developer. Then when they try to make a sequel (because sequels tend to do better) trolls give them trash talk and say they stopped innovating.

Commanding Tiger.

The PS4 Neo isn’t getting it’s own exclusives. It’s not a new console that needs backwards compatibility. All it is, is a way for people who only buy games that costs 10s of millions to have higher frame rates, and people who spend 2-10k on a t.v. a way to burn more money in their pocket and enjoy a deeper color palette on their 10k+ dollar home theatre system.

The PS5 will probably be backwards compatible and if it isn’t, I might just move on to PC only. I love Sony but the PS4 has anti-backwards compatibility reasons, the PS5, won’t be justifiable. Not when they have all this time to plan it out.

JMBlakk said:

August 5th, 7:43 am

What was the sale on that? If it was $10 or sale then this makes total sense

YoungBlaise said:

August 5th, 8:17 am

I was part of the Hyperdimension Charts :D got both of them. It was like on a crazy sale! Also saved so much money by getting a PS+ Subscription. Only reason i wont get Minecraft on Vita is because my soul and life would be consumed :p

Vyprstryke said:

August 5th, 8:32 am

Bummed to see Battleborn absent after that fantastic sale. Love that game…just wish people would give it a shake.

xxnike629xx said:

August 5th, 8:39 am

Yea?
Then I wonder what’s taking them so long to remaster on disc for the PS4…

– God of War
– God of War II
– God of War Ghost of Sparta
– God of War Chains of Olympus
– God of War Ascension

MakaiOokami said:

August 5th, 10:55 pm

They need something to release while we wait for God of War 4, as they delay God of War 4 for another year, and maybe another 3 months after that…

XD

ValhallaOutcast said:

August 5th, 8:41 am

the older games were all on sale in July it has nothing to do with lack of games on PS4, sorry xbox fan bois nothing to see here move along

Mando44646 said:

August 5th, 8:52 am

Oh look at all those non-Indies topping the charts on Vita. So when can we expect more non-Indie support, since that type of game clearly sells well?

AizawaYuuichi said:

August 5th, 11:49 am

You can continue to see that kind of support from numerous third-party developers. How many times does Sony have to say they aren’t making AAA games for the Vita before you start believing them? Regardless of what tops the charts, if the actual number of sales doesn’t qualify AAA, then no AAA. It’s so simple even a child can understand it. Why can’t you?

paulogy said:

August 5th, 8:54 am

Given the release earlier in the month, and the tremendous hype for No Man’s Sky I would expect to see it high on the list next month, but it will be interesting to see if all that anticipation actually leads to sales in the end.

binarydivision said:

August 5th, 9:07 am

Hello, it’s me. I was wondering if after all these years you’d like to meet to go over everything. They say that time’s supposed to heal ya, but I ain’t done much healing.

Arby_Of_Statics said:

August 5th, 10:30 am

I’m just glad to see Suikoden 2 getting some traction among PS1 classics. I wonder how many people got to play it now it’s available digitally at decent price without having to hunt for overpriced used copies.

gameman15 said:

August 5th, 3:24 pm

Good to see some of the Ratchet and Clank series on the list, because after beating the original trilogy (the HD versions on the PS3) for the first time since I’ve missed them out during the PS2 era, Tools of Destruction once again (due to being one of my first PS3 games), and A Crack in Time (also for the first time since I also missed that out), it’s safe to say that (despite the fact that I still prefer Nintendo’s first-party games over that of Sony’s/Microsoft’s) the Ratchet and Clank series is pretty good for a series of 1st-party titles for PlayStation systems, not to mention that I can trust Insomniac Games making a Spider-Man game for PS4 because of it.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

August 6th, 1:12 am

R&C collection is awesome, but the Sly Collection is even better. Brilliant port job on the Sly collection.

vgamerist said:

August 10th, 7:25 am

Nice to see Rachet and Clank Collection did good in the charts. During the sale, I got the Last of Us Remastered(first time playing the game), Rachet and Clank Collection, Rachet Deadlock, and Rachet and Clank: Into the Nexus.

NightMist- said:

August 10th, 8:05 am

It’s such a shame to have add-ons listed but not the most PSnow rented games or downloaded with subscription.

JOHNNYHERE190 said:

August 11th, 7:49 am

I just wish for the games to be cheaper…then ill buy them…

Shardizzle29 said:

August 14th, 12:51 pm

so God of War 4 is not coming to the ps3 come on i love that Game

Shardizzle29 said:

August 14th, 12:52 pm

so God of War 4 is not coming to the ps3 come on i love that Game. i just got a PS3 dont cut me off now.

Iceboyndordor said:

August 16th, 12:24 am

Ain’t no better game ever than God of War. I’ve been that game like forever until now. I read alot of comments in here, every 1 make sense on their own way but no 1 answer the question that they ask for….! “*WE GOT SOME BIG RELEASE ON AUGUST SO WHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD BE #1*”

Welmosca said:

August 19th, 10:31 am

A bit late to comment but I must this time around…I believe gaming can’t get more shameful than this.The top 5 on PS4 list are all crap and look at the PS3 DLC’s list….Jesus Christ its unbelievable that people support these crap.Here keeping a thought to myself and hoping this was all done by casual playas.