Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Aug 08

Aug 08

Go from Rags to Riches in AdVenture Capitalist, Out August 16 on PS4

Tristan Rattink's Avatar Posted by Lead Producer, Hyper Hippo Games

Ever dreamt of what you would do with a million dollars? Of course you have, and today I want to tell you about AdVenture Capitalist, the game that makes that dream a reality! A virtual reality!

Earning cash has never been as easy as it is in AdVenture Capitalist! The game where you run a variety of quirky businesses by squeezing lemons, catching shrimp, and even taxiing people to the Moon! AdVenture Capitalist will be available for free download off PlayStation Store on August 16! I guarantee if you squeeze one lemon, you won’t be able to stop.

Search your feelings… the job creator is already in you… now show the rest of the world what you’re made of! (Hint: it’s money!)

Still with me? Okay, some have contested that AdVenture Capitalist is the world’s greatest capitalism simulator (we’ll leave that determination up to you). It sits at the forefront of an emerging genre that has a few different names, but is most well known as an “idle” or “clicker” game. If you’ve never played this type of game before, you haven’t lived! You’re in for a rollercoaster ride in the hot seat as a savvy investor, literally buying your way to total, inter-planetary domination. You can’t lose!

In AdVenture Capitalist, you’ll eventually max out your profiteering on Earth and have to start expanding to the Moon and Mars, where you’ll dabble in Werewolf Colonies and Red Dirt Farms. You’ll earn ridiculous sums of cash and diversify your investments around the galaxy, all while attracting smarmy Angel Investors that give your businesses a boost.

And the best part is, the game plays itself while you’re away! Once your businesses are booming, you can hire managers to keep making the dough 24/7. No need to put off that bathroom break!

Idle games are uniquely simple and strangely addictive. They are designed to be played in quick bursts, but players often spend hours poring over strategic decisions and calculating their next moves.

I sincerely hope PS4 players take the time to see what all the fuss is about with this bizarre yet fascinating genre. Take a chance on us and start your own rags to riches AdVenture on August 16 — only in AdVenture Capitalist!

Add Your Own

guitarded77 said:

August 8th, 9:08 am

Vita would be nice.

ChristianBergen said:

August 8th, 9:09 am

HYPE

BMedlock said:

August 9th, 1:49 am

Me too

Hagaren59 said:

August 8th, 9:11 am

Vita gamers like myself would love this, I am not sure if PS4-only gamers think the same….

pablikenemy79 said:

August 8th, 9:29 am

The first time i see this game i think it was exclusive for the Ps Vita… I mean why is not on Vita !? Who want to play this at home !? Devs need to THINK before they act…

Please, bring the game to the right place: PS VITA

billyok said:

August 8th, 9:34 am

Devs do think before they act. That’s why they don’t spend their money and time porting to a system that’s effectively dead. Sorry but it’s true. Move on.

dkarlowicz10 said:

August 8th, 9:32 am

Looks like a better fit for Vita than PS4.

Tristan Rattink's Avatar

Tristan Rattink said:

August 8th, 1:28 pm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! If we see enough interest, we could definitely look into it.

wdirons said:

August 8th, 9:39 am

Why dumb down the PS4 to the level of a cheap tablet?

Armyless said:

August 9th, 8:16 am

Trophies!

Boy_Georgetown said:

August 8th, 9:39 am

I don’t own a Vita, but I agree it seems like a better fit. I was thinking I’d like to play this on my iPhone.

MaDogNik96 said:

August 8th, 9:54 am

This looks like it would make a great Vita title wink wink nudge nudge.

ILOVELAMPx3 said:

August 8th, 10:08 am

i just beat this on my ipad FIVE days ago. it took two years!! can i transfer my progress and get a free platinum?

DJ_Tomato said:

August 8th, 10:19 am

No Vita, No Buy

Amnalehu said:

August 8th, 12:02 pm

No Vita no buy? It’s FREE! Looks like something new and different. I will be sure to give it a shot!

zirocrath said:

August 8th, 10:23 am

Free on Android…

tomblucky12345 said:

August 8th, 11:03 am

True…

Jeff_the_pug said:

August 18th, 6:32 am

But in late game it craches your phone I have iphone 5s and after a week it took me 10 mins to turn on my phone

TrueAssassin86x said:

August 8th, 10:25 am

Oh look more indie trash perfect for the Vita. I say let all indie games stay on the Vita

ravens52hof said:

August 8th, 10:48 am

I actually have this game sitting on my phone, though I never played it. I downloaded it for a $5 off coupon at GameStop about a year or so ago. It does look kind of interesting actually, so maybe I’ll try it out when it comes out on PS4. Will the PS4 version support cross-save with the Android version?

tomblucky12345 said:

August 8th, 11:02 am

Free on android… But why a ps4 game?

Xoorath said:

August 8th, 11:06 am

Super excited!

Thillhouse said:

August 8th, 11:09 am

Amazing game for the PS4.

Kishnabe said:

August 8th, 11:26 am

Who is this impostor….did he take care of the old bald man?

deadendblues said:

August 8th, 11:38 am

Free on Android with ads, free on ps4? Too bad there isnt a description of how this version is any better than the android one. I understand mobile games are killing handheld mobile gaming systems, but who wants a ps4 game that rewards you for not playing it? Excellent game though I just got it on Android, would get it on vita, so u made a customer in me. Ill be playing this at the bus stop! Its been a lot of fun so far. I just do n t see any motivation to make me want to play it on console, unless it cross plays between phone and ps4, some how I doubt that. Anyway, hope someone sells me on how the console version is any better…. But the game is addicting and fun so yeah thanks for turning me on to this game

Tristan Rattink's Avatar

Tristan Rattink said:

August 8th, 1:31 pm

Awesome to hear you played on Android! We wanted to offer something that players can play while they wait for their other games to load up or download (especially for all of the online players waiting for their matches to start!)

Elvick_ said:

August 8th, 12:44 pm

Would much rather play this on Vita.

Crunchewy said:

August 8th, 1:09 pm

I got caught up in playing this “game” on mobile. Don’t make the same mistake. It’s a clicker type “game”, which is definitely a huge overstatement of what this thing is. You’ll hate yourself for playing it. Really bizarre that this is coming to PS4, and the lack of a Vita version just further shows that Vita is dead. If it was going to be on a PSN platform, Vita was the obvious choice, not PS4.

rd-kryten said:

August 8th, 1:19 pm

For people saying this game should be on the portable device like the Vita, you can actually stream play this game. If you have a mobile phone or tablet, you can stream the game remotely from your PS4 to your device. Problem solved!

pablikenemy79 said:

August 8th, 2:04 pm

How old you are, son !?….

dkarlowicz10 said:

August 8th, 4:17 pm

I can’t stream on my hour train daily commute or outside my home due to poor or no WiFi connection. I can stream with no issues at home, but then why would I want to if I can just use the PS4 at home. So problem not solved.

Armyless said:

August 9th, 8:18 am

Except it would be a perfect to game to play on your Vita WHILE you’re waiting for Rocket league matches to Start on your PS4.

DawningWolf55 said:

August 8th, 2:31 pm

I am almost done with everything 100% on the PC version. Please bring a VITA version to the table later as well! With cross-save or cross-server functionality so we can play between the two versions. Thanks for bringing it to the PS4!

rd-kryten said:

August 8th, 2:50 pm

What?

RivvenStarkker said:

August 8th, 3:30 pm

I’ve been wishing for something to play in the morning while i drink my coffee, wish granted :)

nightstorm56 said:

August 8th, 5:04 pm

Wondering if I can move my progress from the PC to the PS4?

AJC3317 said:

August 8th, 6:38 pm

i don’t even have a vita and i’m mad that this isn’t coming out for it. seems like the perfect type of game for that platform. i might check it out next week

twinklebutter said:

August 8th, 8:21 pm

Vita would be absolutely amazing

Ersarger said:

August 9th, 7:50 am

It seems like Vita would be a better choice for this game. I might consider buying it for my PS Vita if they ever decide to port it.

Winterdawn1 said:

August 16th, 5:20 am

It’s a free to play game, you don’t have to pay anything.

ShadowStar83x said:

August 9th, 5:28 pm

Looks interesting.

Vuors said:

August 10th, 5:25 am

I had this on my phone. It’s basically a clicker game. You have timers then you click the options then you wait for 10 mins to do it again.

shangoatV said:

August 15th, 8:02 am

Nowadays putting a game on Vita is very costly – Sony knows it, developers know it, but some of us don’t know it – just look at Severed: released on Vita for 14.99 (which I owned day one), 3 month later, iOS for 6.99…now, do you guys still want to pay 114% more to pay a mobile game on your Vita? This is absurdity.

zJoker-_-YT said:

August 16th, 7:39 am

YESS, can’t wait for it to come out, i’ve played it on steam and i LOVE it. Great Game!

Jeo said:

August 16th, 7:20 pm

I’m not sure who play tested this… but within 5 minutes i realized you have a very annoying layout problem.

When setting it to Buy Max, the X icon covers how many you can Buy. That is probably THE most important part of what you’re looking at when about to buy.

Why isn’t the Icon to the right of the “store” section? There’s no need for the overlap.

Jeo said:

August 16th, 7:41 pm

Also, if you really wanted this to be something people can play while games are loading or match making is happening, you would need to find a way for this to not close out other open games. To start this, it closes out games like No Man’s Sky and I’m sure any other game.

If you’re just expanding your market, that’s fine, and as a capitalist company I would expect nothing less, but if your goal is to be the game for “this loading screen is long, let me get some angels” well, you might need some more dev work.

davejessdavejess said:

August 17th, 2:23 pm

My game always resets. Is this a bug, or something I did not understand in that game?

coltonhall001 said:

August 17th, 3:57 pm

Is anyone else having an issue with even starting the game? Like everytime I try I get an error.

Hogwild333 said:

August 17th, 6:05 pm

Is anyone else having problem with this game and the ps4 rest mode? I hired managers and put my ps4 in rest mode last night. I came back tonight and no money had been earned while I was gone. I tried closing out the game tonight so I’ll see what happens.

Hogwild333 said:

August 17th, 7:06 pm

Quiting out of the game before using rest mode worked for me.

FreddyK99 said:

August 18th, 4:59 am

For now Ive test it. And it dont save properly. Need to restart from beginning every time

IM2SWAGGER4YOU said:

August 18th, 11:18 am

I personally can not wait to play it on ps4 as this is my favourite game on android as of right now, but I can’t really see it fit on vita. Now I don’t want to annoy vita players but you can already play it on th go your phone or table/ipad. Like i said i just can’t really see it on PS vita, sorry.

Coasterdude1551 said:

August 18th, 6:23 pm

Is anyone having problems trying to buy stuff? It will not let me, is this just me?

lunzen said:

August 19th, 7:32 pm

I can’t buy anything either

i-is-arun said:

August 29th, 2:27 pm

It’d be great if it was on the U.K. store.

Sadly, it isn’t and i can’t seem to find out why?

SubliminalZombie said:

September 2nd, 9:26 am

Tristan Rattink makes ano extremely good point. This game is very simple. Extraordinarily addicting (I’ve been playing since release on my android and I even own it on pc)
But to have this game as a filler while waiting for other games, even to just have the capability for progression even when you’re watching Playstation Vue or any other streaming service, just makes this game fantastic. Simplest and most brilliant idea to date. We need more games like this on PS4