Knack 2

Aug 11

Aug 11

PlayStation Blogcast 219: Clash of the Titans

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

Subscribe via iTunes, Google or RSS, or download here

I’m takin’ over the show this week! That is, I got jealous that I never get to host, so the guys let me take a crack at it. I hope I did okay!

Join us for first impressions of Titanfall 2’s single-player campaign, accompanied by a timely interview with Respawn single-player designer Chris “Soupy” Dionne.

We also run down our #7FaveGames (of all time!), talk No Man’s Sky, Paragon, Overwatch, The Witness, so much more. Enjoy!

Stuff We Talked About

• Titanfall 2
  • Movies we’ve seen over, and over, and over
  • #7FaveGames
  • No Man’s Sky
  • Overwatch
  • Paragon
  • The Witness

Recent Episodes

The Cast

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Sid Shuman – Director, Social Media, SIEA
Justin Massongill – Social Media Manager, SIEA
Ryan Clements – Sr. Social Media Specialist, SIEA

Send us questions and tips! blogcast@playstation.sony.com
Leave us a voicemail! (650) 288-6706

Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music.

Add Your Own

TERMINATOR543 said:

August 12th, 1:03 am

Shout out to Justin for defending The Witness as it is a game everyone should devote some time into whether it is “their type of game” or not. Sid and Ryan should be ashamed for not giving it more of a chance. I myself struggle with a lot of puzzles in games, but found myself able to get through at least the first 5-10 hours worth of content. The only reason I have not been able to go back to finish it is because of other things going on in my life and other games to play. It is definitely something I plan to get back to before the end of the year.

Also Sid, how exactly is Overwatch “innovative” and “visionary?” Personally, I haven’t had a chance to play it yet, but plan to as soon as I can get enough money to get it. I just don’t see how it can be so innovative as you say. Maybe I have to play it to see, but the only recent multiplayer that even comes close to changing how multiplayer shooters are played is Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Seige, which some critics are raving about right now and it been out since December. I recommend giving it a shot and letting us know what you think.

supermoc10 said:

August 12th, 2:06 am

Haven’t listened to the podcast yet but people like you who say that about the Witness or other games are people I simply can’t agree with because of how stupid I think that position is. Sure, you and Justin may enjoy it, but don’t try to tell people to buy a game they clearly don’t think they’ll enjoy when there are other games they know they’ll like and resources are limited. If you have a friend that you want to see play The Witness then do his work for 40 hours or however long it takes to beat that game and give him the $40 to buy it, just so he can come back to say that he didn’t enjoy it.

thechrono33 said:

August 12th, 6:36 am

“Sid’s the better host lets all agree…” LOL

sealum01 said:

August 12th, 7:06 am

Great episode guys! I really enjoyed this one.

I cannot believe that nobody has mentioned (or talks about) Furi — currently a FREE PS Plus game that is both incredibly challenging and rewarding. It is a pleasant mix of a twin-stick shooter, bullet-hell, and a fighting game, with surprisingly cleverly nuanced and unforgiving gameplay that is 100% skill based. I think that Justin might really like this creative indie as he seems to enjoy challenge.

I’m a reasonably picky player, and have loved many games this year: The Witness, Ratchet & Clank, ABZU, etc, and Furi is among them. It is nothing like the aforementioned titles, but it is just as satisfying!

cool_trainer said:

August 12th, 10:11 pm

I agree, Master Chef and Master Chef Jr. is top notch television.

LeVoyageur07 said:

August 13th, 7:42 am

It may just be me, but I listen to this podcast to get news about games, not movies. You guys spent more time talking about movies than games.

I know I can watch movies on the PS4, but that is not why I bought it.

Denis

jgrizzle358 said:

August 13th, 9:34 am

I disagree. Changing up the topics keeps it interesting it adds character to the cast and all of it is considered nerd topics anyways. It’s all one big media category. This isn’t a formal thing it’s something they do for fun.

jgrizzle358 said:

August 13th, 9:32 am

You guys talking about DMC got me thinking about video game reboots. Not remasters but straight up reboots. I would have to say a couple of my favorites are the Tomb Raider from 2013 and the most recent Ratchet & Clank game. What are some of yours?

Rpm2878 said:

August 14th, 3:30 pm

Now that Nick is no longer on the show Justin is the only puzzle gamer left. Hey Justin, quit playing those massive time sinks or give up on sleep, there are puzzles to be solved. Did you ever play The Swapper?

I’m not sure which movie you guys were talking about but I’m pretty sure that Max was talking about the French film Delicatessen by Jean-Pierre Jeunet. Ten years later he made Amelie, which may be my most watch film. The movie I watched the most times in the shortest span is probably Repo: The Genetic Opera. I made the mistake of introducing it to my very enthusiasts niece, who insisted on sharing it with several friends and family members.
Since I also spent my childhood with only a VCR, the answer to both of those questions is likely Wild Hearts Can’t Be Broken. A horse movie that my sister always wanted to watch… but never alone. She overplayed it so much that one day I buried it, in a toy briefcase, in the backyard. I had planned on waiting a couple of weeks, before returning it, but she got so frantic looking for it that I fessed up and retrieved it within a few days.

Valde_zerocool said:

August 16th, 8:45 am

One host to rule them all, one host to bind them all.