Knack 2

Aug 14

Aug 14

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 8/16/2016

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The Drop

A woman returns to the memories of her childhood in a world unlike our own. Through the elegance and beauty of dance, her story will unfold in a cacophony of colors. Prepare for a new type of adventure when Bound launches this week on PS4.

Developed by the team at Plastic (Linger in Shadows, Datura), Bound follows the woman’s journey through imagery, memory, and metaphor. Explore a world with dance and leap through platforming challenges in an effort to unravel the mystery surrounding her childhood.

For a full list of new games coming to PlayStation this week, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

New Releases: August 16, 2016
AdVenture Capitalist

AdVenture Capitalist
PS4 — Digital
Start with a humble lemonade stand, and squeeze your way to total fiscal domination! Earn ridiculous sums of cash, diversify your investments, and attract smarmy Angel Investors to give your businesses a boost! And the best part is, AdVenture Capitalist can even play itself! Start your rags to riches adventure today.
Battleship

Battleship
PS4 — Digital
With a modern, dynamic, and interactive 3D board, Battleship brings the classic franchise to a new level for a memorable experience. Deploy your fleet and shoot at your opponent’s grid to find and destroy enemy ships before yours are sunk. Enjoy the game you know and love with the Classic mode or get more tactical in a brand new way to play with Clash at Sea mode!
Bound

Bound
PS4 — Digital
Repair a broken world through the beauty of dance. Developed exclusively for PS4, Bound combines a unique visual style with a powerful story and gameplay mechanics infused with modern dance. As the game progresses, the introspective story unfolds through powerful metaphor and imagery, adding emotional depth to the protagonist’s journey.
Doodle Devil

Doodle Devil
PS4 — Digital
Embrace your dark side! While Doodle God was creating the universe, Doodle Devil was also having some fun. The same addictive, puzzle gameplay that made Doodle God a hit is back but with an evil twist.
Dungeon Punks

Dungeon Punks
PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy with PS4 Version)
Dungeon Punks is a fast-paced action RPG with a unique tag-team fighting system. Recruit 6 mutant heroes, from Werewolf spellcaster to Lizardman warrior and battle in 12 stunning areas with epic boss battles.
F1 2016

F1 2016
PS4 — Digital, Retail (Out 8/19)
Create your own legend in F1 2016. Get ready to go deeper into the world of the most prestigious motorsport than ever before. Work with your agent, engineer, and team to develop your car in the deepest ever career experience, spanning up to ten seasons.
Grow Up!

Grow Up!
PS4 — Digital
BUD, an adorable yet clumsy, stumbling, tumbling robot. Spaceship wreckage scattered across an entire planet of abundant alien flora and thrusting star plants. A distant moon with your spacecraft’s beating heart yearning to be rescued. A fantastical acrobatic adventure in a world that’s as challenging as it is beautiful. Welcome to Grow Up!
The Huntsman: Winter's Curse

The Huntsman: Winter’s Curse
PS4 — Digital
Winter is fast approaching as Queen Freya’s army marches relentlessly. Beneath the shadow of that deadly war, Elisabeth’s life on her family’s farm in Vardhelm comes to an abrupt end. Join her to find her missing brothers as you explore the Huntsman universe and encounter both familiar faces and new dangers, all while discovering the secret Elisabeth herself carries in this wintery adventure.
Inversus

Inversus
PS4 — Digital
Inversus is a minimalist action-strategy shooter for one to four friends. Player movement is constrained to opposite colors of a black and white grid. My walls are your paths and your walls are my paths. Each shot flips tile colors in an attempt to block, trap, and close in on the enemy. Firing a bullet opens up a path for you while also closing off a path for me. Both online and local couch play are supported. Fight for high scores on an ever-changing board.
Solbrain Knight of Darkness

Solbrain Knight of Darkness
PS4 — Digital
The old gods have forgotten this land. No one could save our people when darkness began to spread and collect the souls of men for his army. Solbrain Knight of Darkness is a 3D exploration game. Players control Gaia, a young warrior tired of struggle that must wield his sword to rescue his people from the darkness, and avenge the death of his parents against the powerful Anibal and his army of monsters.

PlayStation Music Logo

• Tory Lanez – I Told You
  • French Montana – MC4
  • Crystal Castles – Amnesty (I)

PlayStation Video Logo

• Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping
  • Money Monster
  • Me Before You

PlayStation Vue Logo

• Andrew Zimmern’s Driven by Food- August 16 at 9/8c (Travel Channel)
  • North Woods Law- August 18 at 9/8c (Animal Planet)
  • Killjoys- August 19 at 9/8c (Syfy)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

Mercenary09 said:

August 14th, 10:11 am

Man I’m still very busy with Brut@l and No Man’s Sky from last week and now Bound is here as well. Looking forward to that and maybe Grow Up as well. Also been playing Inversus for about a week now and I can see that being a very fun local co op game.

Trendy_Kid said:

August 15th, 7:26 am

How do you like Brutal? I am on the fence.

MakaiOokami said:

August 14th, 10:15 am

Haven’t had much time to game in the past month. October is going to drain my wallet badly though.

KLEEBANKLIBAN said:

August 14th, 2:48 pm

October will be crazy. Modern Warfare Remastered early campaign access around the 5th, Tomb Raider on the 11th, small chance of PSVR availability after the 13, Skyrim on the 28th.. and if Battlefield 1 breaks past launch issue trends, will consider this soon after the 21st.

koopadevu said:

August 15th, 9:17 am

What’s coming in October that your destined to get? Sounds like October gonna be a great month of games. Sorry havnt really been looking into to many releases for this year

kirby_owns said:

August 16th, 12:18 pm

NO! No more Makai, we have enough doodle games, Dungeon Punks is just an ps4 import, and Adventure Capitalist is just a phone app game. Im not sure if your a suck up to playstation or what but, only giving good feedback will not help anybody. You need to give good and the bad feedback. To actually help playstation give us more diverse games.

gohan16ken said:

August 14th, 10:31 am

Hey Sony,

I did not get an invite to your Sept PlayStation Meeting. Did you forget me?

gameman15 said:

August 14th, 6:34 pm

Probably because Sony doesn’t really invite people into their meetings unless you’re a member of the video game industry (not “community”) or (if possible) a big name popular YouTube celebrity that dedicates him/herself to video games. Hell, I didn’t get invited either, but I don’t care.

donnydj76 said:

August 14th, 10:45 am

Where in the world is Absolute Drift Zen Addition? It’s supposed to be released! Either there is a mistake or please clarify.

MaDogNik96 said:

August 14th, 11:07 am

Nothing for me this week, but I’m excited for Alone With You and King Of Fighters XIV next week!

jskeen said:

August 14th, 11:53 am

No Uno?

TrueAssassin86x said:

August 14th, 12:02 pm

Uno was delayed.

jskeen said:

August 14th, 12:05 pm

I thought that it was delayed from last week to this week?

TrueAssassin86x said:

August 14th, 12:17 pm

Looks like its delayed again. From this week to some time this quarter. Update from the ubisoft site.
    https://blog ubi com/uno-comes-ps4-xbox-one-pc-august-16/

kenj77 said:

August 14th, 12:03 pm

I have problems with your new drop on my PS4 as the list of games is just one long row going to the right making it very difficult to read anything past the first 5 or 6 games.

Stranger51095 said:

August 14th, 12:37 pm

Me too.

rudetoy said:

August 14th, 1:06 pm

Yup, me too. Can’t see the entire games list on my phone. Why didn’t you all just stay with your old format? Seems you change up how you format this blog every other month.

StuTX said:

August 14th, 5:00 pm

I agree. It doesn’t fully display on phone or tablet…

mohamed-7k said:

August 14th, 5:56 pm

What are the prices for these new games because I’m too poor to buy anything

xxdmcgee2288xx said:

August 15th, 10:47 am

I can’t read anything past the second game for the drop, and I can only read half of the second’s description. I was complaining about this new format last week, and certain people criticized me or praised the blog saying they loved the new format and that it looked great. I’m on a pretty nice PC. Makes no sense why they would try to reinvent the wheel. Makes no sense why they would try to change or fix something that wasn’t at all broken and actually worked quite well for the longest time. It’s very annoying and I can’t stand nor understand why this transition from vertically original to horizontally illegible.

TrueAssassin86x said:

August 14th, 12:09 pm

Bound for me. After trying ABZU and i did enjoy it i took a chance and pre-ordered Bound. People really need to give indies a chance instead of crapping on them. Not every game needs to be a highly overrated Triple A shooter or boring open world games. #GiveindiesAChance.

maltyler84 said:

August 14th, 12:39 pm

Games like Solbrain Knight of Darkness are the reasons why I normally stay away from Indie titles.

TrueAssassin86x said:

August 14th, 3:06 pm

@maltyler84
    I just looked up gameplay for that game and it dont look that bad.

Stranger51095 said:

August 14th, 12:36 pm

Why has the drop’s games list been messe up over the past 3 weeks on PlayStation 4? They go from left to right now and I can’t see half of the games listed.

VitaeEx said:

August 14th, 12:41 pm

Please fix the site I enjoy reading the drop
But for the past 3 weeks it has displayed
Wrong specifically at the new releases part on mobile

I usually read the site on my phone and I can’t see all the games or scroll to the right everything displays left to right instead of top to bottom it worked fine before

Please do something about it thanks

LeiFangFan85 said:

August 14th, 1:15 pm

I’m really liking how Bound looks so far. Hopefully I’ll have the chance to play it once I have enough money. :D

ShadowStar83x said:

August 14th, 1:30 pm

Isn’t UNO supposed to come out on PS4 this week?

Dangisuckatgamin said:

August 14th, 1:49 pm

Nothing for me this week.
Have lots of backlog though.
Might get UNO (if it is coming) if it’s an acceptable price. Won’t pay more than $7 for it.
Ubisoft trivia/card game servers suck so bad and this without a doubt will be the same issues so I refuse to give them more than what I mentioned.

SilentNova said:

August 15th, 7:17 am

Uno will be $9.99. It is still on Xbox One for pre-order at that price.

bbsftw said:

August 14th, 2:09 pm

Nothing for me but i do wanna ask whats up with the PS4 firmware beta. About half way through August and nothing else has been said :/

Mercenary09 said:

August 14th, 3:10 pm

An Insider said it was delayed until around the end of the month.

bbsftw said:

August 14th, 3:39 pm

Yea i saw that just wondering why sony hasnt made some kind of statement yet :/

IDrinkYourBlood said:

August 14th, 2:14 pm

F1 2016 and BOUND! What a great week.

Fin1drful said:

August 14th, 3:51 pm

Assetto Corsa coming Aug 30th.

Destinys_Memory said:

August 14th, 2:19 pm

Why does Sony hate UNO? Seriously. You have Battleship listed. Why the random shunning?

TrueAssassin86x said:

August 14th, 2:46 pm

UNO is delayed to further notice. From the ubisoft blog

blogubicom/uno-comes-ps4-xbox-one-pc-august-16/ Its not sony its ubisoft

Destinys_Memory said:

August 14th, 3:22 pm

It was delayed from August 9 to August 16. Says nothing about “until further notice.” The date is even listed in the URL you posted.

TrueAssassin86x said:

August 14th, 3:24 pm

Read the link. Update UNO for consoles have been moved from August 16th. UNO on PC will be released this quarter.

JoeUFC said:

August 15th, 9:42 pm

why do people always say this when a game is delayed?As if the developer has nothing to do with a delay? Silly… they’re the ones who approved it coning to PS3 and now PS4!

speeddemon187 said:

August 14th, 2:54 pm

So pumped for Bound! Really interested in Grow Up as well.

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

August 14th, 2:59 pm

The layout looks like poop

IXxHIJACKERxXI said:

August 14th, 3:08 pm

What’s up with attack on Titan no news about it coming out soon no preorder notting at all

Mercenary09 said:

August 14th, 3:10 pm

Pretty sure it comes out on August 30. That is what several retailers have it listed for.

TJ_Solo said:

August 15th, 3:35 am

The Drop isn’t for preorders or pricing though.

jchill001 said:

August 14th, 4:28 pm

Really hope there’s a good sale this week, a bunch of overpriced games I want to play

mastocklkaksi said:

August 14th, 6:56 pm

Itching to finally play Inversus!

TwinDad said:

August 14th, 8:11 pm

I like the new layout, it looks great on Chrome on a Macbook.

I more of an Anthony Bourdain person, than a Andrew Zimmerman, however I’ll give the travel channel show a chance.

emerica264 said:

August 14th, 8:51 pm

What happened to Absolute Drift Zen Edition? I was really looking forward to that game… Is it delayed?

Potter13579 said:

August 15th, 4:30 am

Yeaaaaa I don’t mind that there’s nothing for me this week since they gave me 2 great PS2 titles back to back in a row with Ape Escape 2 and Indigo Prophecy….

DeweyFDot said:

August 15th, 4:58 am

Please make up for these releases with a decent sale.

diegofono said:

August 15th, 5:41 am

please put out good deals or flash , for weeks that there is nothing decent in the store

windy-m said:

August 15th, 7:26 am

Hey guys, you might want to let your EU team know that the EU blog homepage is redirecting users to a GitLab community login page. Not sure how else to get in touch with any of them.

M1NAT3K said:

August 15th, 7:59 am

Sony should help the developers by creating links to trailers of the non-featured games. There are 10 games that I feel take a lot more effort to find out about than I’m willing to put in. Yes I can, but it’s 20-30 extra steps for me and it’s not my job ….

EnigmaNemesis said:

August 15th, 9:31 am

Gotta get my pre-order in for BOUND tonight for the discount and extra 20% for also getting ABZÛ. VR compatibility is also a major selling point for me.

Tatanka2007 said:

August 15th, 7:45 pm

Not a very exciting week for new releases. Does this mean some decent sales? The so-called sales of late have been stingy and stale.

The Drop isn’t just messed up on mobiles. I’m looking at the Drop via a big screen and it’s messed up.

JoeUFC said:

August 15th, 9:40 pm

Hope this doesn’t mean Uno on PS4 is delayed again! But having Battleship is awesome!

gearhead32 said:

August 16th, 9:56 am

Uno is on the store. It’s $9.99

OexecutionstyleO said:

August 16th, 5:23 am

Can’t believe people actually want and/or care about an Uno game. You’ve got a PS4 and you’re trying to/want to play Uno? Hahahaha You guys are hilarious have a great day though… Hope its some good sales today

gearhead32 said:

August 16th, 9:58 am

Uno was a blast to play on the 360 and PS3. I am getting it.

Monterossa said:

August 16th, 7:16 am

What is this? Another indie fest week?

This is why I jumped ship to Steam. It’s ok to have indie games but when indie games are your flagships every week, it makes you look bad and cheap.

OexecutionstyleO said:

August 16th, 8:09 am

Seriously thinking about going to Steam, at least I know I’ll have better sales on games (no debating)

Phange said:

August 17th, 12:04 pm

Curiosity got the best of me, and I bought Solbrain. It was the most unfinished, broken and obviously fake-developed game I’ve ever played. After googling it, apparently every part of it is stolen from something – the character from Tera Online, the shield from Skyrim, the music from Ori and the Blind Forest, etc. Sony, how in the world did you allow this through your filters?

Phange said:

August 17th, 12:50 pm

Also, the game icon image is from a DeviantArt wallpaper

DojoDog74 said:

August 17th, 1:13 pm

What happened to Garou: Mark of the Wolves for PSVita/PS4? There has been no updates since the announcement!!