PlayStation VR

Aug 17

Aug 17

Real-time Strategy Game Korix Coming to PlayStation VR

Mark Taylor's Avatar Posted by Lead Developer and Founder, StellarVR

Hello, my name is Mark Taylor and I’m the lead developer for Korix. Korix was born when I was stuck on a delayed flight, playing a simple but addictive mobile strategy game, and thought to myself, “There really should be more of these games on console.”

I had been teaching myself game development for a few years as a hobby, so I knocked together a prototype and soon realized that it would really work well in virtual reality. Korix was born. Four months ago I handed in my notice (I was working in IT) and Korix has become my primary focus and passion since then.

Korix places you somewhere deep in space, fighting for your race’s survival after your homeworld is destroyed. With nothing left to lose, you are put in the role of commander with the sole mission of taking the fight back to the enemy, showing them that you will not go down without a fight!

Built from the ground up for VR, Korix is retro-style real-time strategy crossed with tower defense elements to provide old-school gameplay reminiscent of RTS’s from the late 90’s. The game is played out in miniature right in front of the player and features a 3-5 hour campaign, skirmish modes, and online multiplayer (two to four players cooperative or competitive).

Korix is a silky-smooth experience and by using tracked controllers players can reach into the environment and take full control. Or as we discovered with initial multiplayer testing, start chasing each other around and trying to put each other off.

We had a lot of fun creating Korix and hope to see you (literally) in the game!

Add Your Own

sealum01 said:

August 17th, 8:20 am

This looks like it will be a BLAST in VR! Team based tower defense?! I can see this being a ton of fun, like playing with self-animated action-figures!

Amnalehu said:

August 17th, 8:51 am

I know a game is going to be good when after watching a trailer im left with a big smile on my face. Yet another reason to own a Playstation VR. I look forward to diving into the world of Korix. Am I correct in assuming Korix will have 4 player online MP? I’d love to see some skins for the avatars as well as the weapon. Please keep us VR die-hards posted. Congrats!

Mark Taylor's Avatar

Mark Taylor said:

August 17th, 9:02 am

Yes, that would be right! Korix will have 2-4 player online multiplayer (co-op or VS play). Glad we made you smile!

Purplestone90 said:

August 17th, 12:20 pm

will korix support the ps move controllers?

Mark Taylor's Avatar

Mark Taylor said:

August 17th, 12:30 pm

Yes, you can play using a PlayStation Move controller.

Purplestone90 said:

August 18th, 5:12 am

awesome! thanks for the reply.

brawlboy1985 said:

August 19th, 11:34 pm

I’d love to see bigger multiplayer matches, and teams..It would be cool if you could have at least a 2 player team go up against another 2 player team, or 4 on 4, or 6 on 6, and so on

But I’ve never been a game programmer or designer, so I really wouldn’t know the practicality of that, but it sounds cool.

But even without that this game looks AMAZING. Definitely one I’ll pick up!

jah_92_rastafari said:

August 20th, 6:06 am

Glad you’ve found a job your passionate about and well done on having your first game be for PlayStation, ever since I heard about modern vr I’ve been waiting for someone to announce a strategy game, best of luck mate, take your time, polish it up, and I’ll buy it day one for sure.