PlayStation VR

Aug 23

Aug 23

PlayStation Now Coming to PC, DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor Unveiled

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by SVP, Marketing & PlayStation Network

We’re excited to announce that PlayStation Now is making the jump to Windows PC. The app launches overseas in parts of Europe soon and will come to North America shortly thereafter.

This will bring a wide selection of PlayStation exclusive titles to Windows PC for the very first time, including entries in the Uncharted, God of War, and Ratchet & Clank franchises, as well as beloved PS3 games like The Last of Us and Journey. Current subscribers have a new way to access PS Now’s library of over 400 games, and the PC app provides a new way for even more gamers to discover and play the service.

We’re also introducing a new device, the DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor, which launches in early September for a suggested retail price of $24.99 ($29.99 CAD). This adaptor will let you connect a DualShock 4 to PC and Mac wirelessly, and will enable every feature of the controller you know and love: buttons, analog sticks, touch pad, light bar, motion sensors, vibration, and stereo headset jack – as long as the gaming application supports these features.

The adaptor is a great match for playing PS Now on a computer, but you can also use it for PS4 Remote Play on PC and Mac. If you haven’t yet downloaded Remote Play on your PC or Mac, grab the installer here. Of course, owning the USB Wireless Adaptor isn’t required, as you can connect a DualShock 4 using a USB cable.

Here are the recommended specs for running PS Now on your PC:

• Windows 7 (SP1), 8.1 or 10
  • 3.5 GHz Intel Core i3 or 3.8 GHz AMD A10 or faster
  • 300 MB or more; 2 GB or more of RAM
  • Sound card; USB port

A minimum 5Mbps connection is required to use PS Now on any device. We recommend a wired Internet connection for the optimal experience.
We’ll be in touch to confirm the exact launch date of the PlayStation Now Windows PC app in North America, and stay tuned for some exciting games that will be added to the library.

For more info on PS Now, including the full library of games, visit: PSNow.com.

Add Your Own

FurryRomo said:

August 23rd, 12:16 pm

I’ve downloaded the installer for the remote play and I can’t install it on windows 7

My1xT said:

August 24th, 1:57 pm

well yes sony RP only works win8.1 and above.

ThaddeusK said:

August 23rd, 12:17 pm

I already use a DS4 with my PC over either Bluetooth or USB. What benefit does the adapter provide?

KazeEternal said:

August 23rd, 12:18 pm

Will the headphone jack work with Party Chat via remote play?

Kchow23 said:

August 23rd, 12:18 pm

Can we get official drivers to use the DS4 for PC games?

GripnRip said:

August 23rd, 12:23 pm

Any chance for PS Now or Remote Play coming to Chrome OS?

N33k5IsAZombie said:

August 24th, 4:51 am

I second this. It would get a crap ton of the school kids hooked harder than anything.

zeil999 said:

August 23rd, 12:23 pm

All the people posting about how they’ve already been using DS4 over bluetooth I think failed to read this part:

“This adaptor will let you connect a DualShock 4 to PC and Mac wirelessly, and will enable every feature of the controller you know and love: buttons, analog sticks, touch pad, light bar, motion sensors, vibration, and stereo headset jack – as long as the gaming application supports these features.”

I would assume just connecting through Bluetooth will not enable the touch pad, light bar, motion sensors, vibration, and stereo headset jack as listed above.

MTJohnson1977 said:

August 23rd, 3:24 pm

Alot of us already use a free program called DS4Windows.

It controls everything… Rumble. Touchpad and you can set your light bar brightness including the color you’d like.

It also premaps the controls for either xinput or dinput making it compatible with most PC games.

That is why we are frustrated. Sony is just trying to make money on an ugly dongle when they should just support the fans by releasing true software.

The truth is we do not need the dongle. At all.

My1xT said:

August 24th, 1:58 pm

@MTJohnson1977 exactly. and I precisely bought the DS4 BECAUSE you dont need no stupid dongle like with the x360/xbone controllers.

RCU005 said:

August 23rd, 12:26 pm

Too bad you butchered the controller by putting horrible grey buttons and and extra light bar, because obviously it was what people has been asking for the most!

My1xT said:

August 24th, 2:00 pm

what grey buttons? on all my 4 DS4s the symbol buttons are colored in their respective colors…

Edgeraven said:

August 23rd, 12:31 pm

How bout a Ubuntu version?

N33k5IsAZombie said:

August 24th, 4:54 am

WINE will probably allow you to do this on Linux. Lucky duck XD

no1dead said:

August 23rd, 12:34 pm

Come on, you can’t be seriously making people pay for this. The Xbox One adapter supports 8 controllers, 6 headsets. Yours is only one?

There ain’t no technical disadvantage. You’re really for the players right?

Quickkie said:

August 23rd, 12:37 pm

Can we use the controller without the USB stick and get the same functions? Most of us already have Bluetooth devices?

My1xT said:

August 24th, 2:01 pm

well… almost.
    1) you need extra software like DS4windows
    2) the audio port still doesnt work (yet, who knows about the future)

jplegat said:

August 23rd, 12:43 pm

Is Windows with Boot Camp supported?

Lobsterbisk said:

August 23rd, 12:45 pm

$25 for a Bluetooth adapter that computers already have? People a PS4 controller works with your computer already. Just sync it up to windows 10 by putting it in discovery mode. Derp

mrmak94 said:

August 23rd, 12:48 pm

What about Greece? We dont have the Playstation Now service..

Molin said:

August 23rd, 12:50 pm

Linux support please.. please please please suppot Linux!

Edgeraven said:

August 23rd, 1:13 pm

I second that!

chrismo2000 said:

August 23rd, 12:51 pm

Sony!!! Where is the mac support!!! I travel for work! And would love to have this!!! Please get mac support ASAP!

Edgeraven said:

August 23rd, 1:00 pm

An*

cimerians said:

August 23rd, 1:04 pm

Its expensive and will never drop in price. Not worth it.

creston99 said:

August 23rd, 1:09 pm

Wow, incredible.. great news

The_Bunn said:

August 23rd, 1:10 pm

I for one am very interested in the adapter! I’m transitioning from PS4 Warframe to PC warframe (because let’s face it, PS4 can’t handle WF anymore), and if the controller works it’s a big plus

defiantj3 said:

August 23rd, 1:15 pm

Will the usb dongle work with android devices? I wouldn’t mind using it for either my phone or Nvidia shield TV without root.

antibolo said:

August 23rd, 1:15 pm

Why can’t I use the Remote Play app on Mac with the existing Bluetooth in my Mac? Or are you going to update the app to include that functionality now? No, I’m not going to buy your dongle to do something my computer should already be capable of providing in the first place.

KiRaShi3 said:

August 23rd, 1:25 pm

Will Sony officially support pairing the DS4 controller over Bluetooth on Mac and PC?
I’m not buying a dongle simply connect my controller wirelessly when my computer already has Bluetooth, which is what Sony’s DS4 controller uses on the PS4 natively.

josh56040 said:

August 23rd, 1:25 pm

So would I be able to use the adapter to play a game (like ark survival evolved) on steam with a PlayStation 4 controller? Or is it only for PlayStation now and PC remote play?

kuten1nja said:

August 23rd, 1:26 pm

Why Europe and USA only?

I know that it’s the bigger market, but they can afford a full console + games, it would be more interesting if this service is sold where your games are mostly pirated or have fewer sales due to currency exchange, maybe custom regulations and such.

jlacey92 said:

August 23rd, 1:31 pm

For the wireless adapter, will it also work on the psvita tv (PS tv )?

Zornography said:

August 23rd, 1:36 pm

This is awesome and I definitely plan on getting one! Any plans for 1080p remote play in the future?

tobuji said:

August 23rd, 1:41 pm

Will a DS4 controller be required to use PSNow, or can we use other controllers like an arcade stick for fighting games?

TimboJames said:

August 23rd, 2:09 pm

I am assuming it is like the Remote Play App and it will require a DS4 controller

CocoThunda96 said:

August 23rd, 2:07 pm

I just downloaded the game today and when I start it up it is saying connection failed! The server has timed out and I don’t know what to do can someone please help!!!

TimboJames said:

August 23rd, 2:08 pm

Must admit I am loving this idea, especially for the remote play. Curious though if this would allow for me to use the PS4 controller for PC gaming as well? You kind of hint at that but only definitively stated that it works for PS Now and Remote Play. Maybe I am reading it wrong but thought I would double check.

ReOwNeR1991 said:

August 23rd, 2:19 pm

It won’t let me install Remote Play on Windows 7.

NuShrike said:

August 23rd, 8:36 pm

Remote Play doesn’t support Windows 7.

Sepanian said:

August 23rd, 2:46 pm

This is nice and all. But the fact that you guys are increasing the price of PS+ is ridiculous. You should offer options for people only looking for multi-player services, and who don’t care about the free games and what not. The current price is already pushing it, but having to pay more is unacceptable.

Evan1897 said:

August 23rd, 3:03 pm

Will this service be available in 1080p or even higher, or is this locked to 720p?

skorge16 said:

August 23rd, 3:07 pm

Awesome!!! Now I can get a laptop and continue keeping my ps4 freinds. we may not have the same games but at least we can message each other and maybe there will be ps4 games someday. anyways thank you PlayStation your the best

renegamino12345 said:

August 23rd, 3:12 pm

It’s like Xbox one adapter but less expensive

MTJohnson1977 said:

August 23rd, 3:16 pm

I need clarification. My computer’s Bluetooth already picks up my controller just fine. The issue is the lack of Sony official drivers so I use other ones.

Why should I spend money on a huge ugly dongle and would I need to just to get Sony’s drivers to work?

And is your dongle Bluetooth or Wireless? Are you trying to make your dongle required or if you already have built in Bluetooth can you just use that instead?

Very confusing, Sony. I’d like some clarification.

nick_hall12 said:

August 23rd, 3:30 pm

Why pay for this when I can use DS4Windows for free?

patriot298 said:

August 23rd, 3:31 pm

I’m a on the sale promotion that Sony had 2 months ago. Got 3 months of PS Now for 29.99 which put it at 10 per month. It’s pretty good but still needs work. Not willing to pay 19.99. Too much monthly. Any chance of a lower price point??

Solous91 said:

August 23rd, 3:31 pm

Now the question is, when can I play my Steam games on my ps4…

Scary_Spikes said:

August 23rd, 4:43 pm

So, two questions about the Playstation Now solution. First, will we be able to control things like FOV, graphics details, framerate, ect for the games? My home computer is a fair bit more powerful then a ps4 and I’d like to play uncharted at 1440p and 100+ Hz. The second question is will the exclusives eventually make their way onto Steam as well?

DisTorT said:

August 23rd, 4:48 pm

Need Mac support, please! Might be using Parallels in the meantime but probably not worth the trouble of jumping through all the hoops.

CaptainCheezelz said:

August 23rd, 5:05 pm

What about us Australians?

kolobear said:

August 23rd, 5:07 pm

This is great! $25 is a great deal for the adapter. Thank you for not pushing it above that.
I love that the DualShock controllers have always just worked with my Mac, but this will enable the other features I enjoy on my PS4.
I am not on board with the current pricing of PS Now, but I am watching the service closely to wait until the value is there for my personal experience. I’m happy Sony continues to push and provide the PSNow service.

Soulblaze15 said:

August 23rd, 5:15 pm

i lost my usb dongle from my playstation gold wireless headset. Can i use this usb dongle for the controller to my gold headset? a reply means a lot.. thank you.

Xethaios said:

August 23rd, 5:32 pm

To be clear, we don’t need a PS4 to take advantage of this, do we? I’d love to play some of these games on my PC but can’t afford a PS4 right now.

bruingold said:

August 23rd, 5:33 pm

Wow, news this big is usually reserved for an edit to a month old PS+ post.

Qestovai said:

August 23rd, 5:45 pm

Hmm…I hope ArcSystemWorks decides to put Revelator here on the PC as well. I’m tired holding my money.

Qestovai said:

August 23rd, 5:46 pm

Also is there a way to beta test this PS_GO on PC? I got a great rig to use it on.

kilith1976 said:

August 23rd, 6:32 pm

Wow…. I will probably now come back and play PS games again since…. well I really wanted to do FF7 but I only have a PS3 and just do not have the money to drop on a PS4

Emyrus said:

August 23rd, 6:34 pm

This is bad. This is very bad. It is almost like Sony wants people to stop buying playstations.

wcgphreak said:

August 23rd, 6:41 pm

Loved this until I saw “PS Now”. Nice try.