PlayStation VR

Aug 30

Aug 30

Gran Turismo Sport Update

Kazunori Yamauchi's Avatar Posted by President of Polyphony Digital, Creator of Gran Turismo

Hello GT Community — I am sharing some news today that we have made the difficult decision to delay the release of Gran Turismo Sport to 2017. GT Sport is Polyphony’s foremost competitive gaming title, with high expectations from both the fans and from within our team.

From the start this title has been one of our most ambitious undertakings by using the latest technologies, such as physics-based rendering and sound simulations, and Scapes photo mode. In combining these features with a new Sport mode, we are offering a competitive gaming experience to truly reinvent what it means to be a racing game. We’ve been excited and humbled by the response each time that we’ve shared new gameplay with everyone.

However, as we approach our planned release date in November, we realize we need more time to perfect GT Sport, which we’ve already dedicated so much effort towards since announcing the title. We do not want to compromise the experience in any way. While we cannot confirm a new release date at this time, we are more committed than ever to making GT Sport the best Gran Turismo game to date.

GT Sport will continue to be shown at several gaming events around the world. I hope everyone has the opportunity to experience first-hand the yet-to-be revealed cutting edge experiences that will be achieved by GT Sport.

Thank you for all your continued support.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

gerneric123 said:

August 30th, 5:03 am

You’re delaying it so you can make a version for Trinity, right?

Yorke_and_Vedder said:

August 30th, 5:35 am

What’s Trinity?

eaglefan129 said:

August 30th, 6:44 am

“Trinity,” is the “rumored” code name for Sony’s supposed new handheld. So far I’ve only heard the word said by Kinda Funny (specifically Colin & Greg) so, I’m not 100% sure if it’s a legit rumor or some inside joke by them.

Yorke_and_Vedder said:

August 30th, 8:29 am

Yeah, I looked it up and found out about the rumor. Thank you for replying, though!

NextLevelAI said:

August 30th, 8:52 am

It’s a Matrix joke relating to the code names of the Neo and Morpheus. But, after the Trinity is revealed we will get the codename “Apoch”, which will be the breakout box-less PSVR, and the Nebakanezer, the more powerful PS 5.1.

striketeam6 said:

August 30th, 6:00 pm

Hey I think that’s fine Andi think u guys should make it where we can do wide body kits on the cars again I have been a true gran turismo fan since the first one and I have all the gran turismo games still so a wide body would make a lot of people happy

jpgjaxon said:

September 27th, 9:22 pm

How do I get a refund for my pre order on PS4

unzo said:

August 30th, 5:04 am

DOH!!!

PS_ihh said:

August 30th, 5:05 am

Please add a career mode.

AWESOMEgamer875 said:

August 30th, 5:07 am

Take as much time as you need. Delays are fine as long as the game pans out to be what long-time fans expect it to be *cough NO MAN’S SKY cough*

TrueAssassin86x said:

August 30th, 5:35 am

Funny i enjoy No Mans Sky as it is. This delay gives me more time for that game.

Sindred said:

August 30th, 5:42 am

Get some Dayquil for that cough. In the meantime, I’ll jeep enjoying NMS a lot.

DIESEL-DOG said:

August 30th, 7:51 am

NMS is awesome.

I don’t understand the hate surrounding it.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

August 30th, 6:36 pm

No Man’s Sky is amazing, it was exactly what i expected.

mastorofpuppetz said:

August 30th, 5:15 am

Sony is lucky MS messed up with Xbox one…sony’s first party studio management has been awful, multiple delays, games being shown way too early, many disappointing games. They need to re-evaluate how these studios are being managed. Gran Turismo has been a mess since Gt5. Why release GT6 on ps3 when PS4 was launching as well? Awful decision. Sony has been disappointing his gen.

Sindred said:

August 30th, 5:46 am

Hahaha, yeah because MS is lighting up the sky with their excluvives. Made the mistake of buying one in December and the only two games I’ve enjoyed on it were Sunset Overdrive and Dangerous Elite.

Swordfish64 said:

August 30th, 6:08 am

I agree. GT 6 should have been made for PS4. I’ve played every GT except for 6, because I bought a PS4 on launch. PD should have released a PS4 version. I’m still waiting on a PS Now release as I’d love to play a GT on my PS4. Don’t take too long!

iamtylerdurden1 said:

August 30th, 7:04 pm

Look at the exclusives on PS4 in 2016 ALONE.

Uncharted 4

PSVR – Rigs, VR Worlds, Farpoint, Arkham VR, Driveclub VR, Battlezone

This winter

Horizon
    Persona 5
    Hellblade
    Detroit

This list was off the top of my head. Don’t forget gems like Bloodborne, Infamous, Resogun, Helldivers, Driveclub (great game), Until Dawn, Transistor, Rapture, Soma. Sony is on fire this gen.

mastorofpuppetz said:

August 30th, 5:17 am

Be 4 years into PS4’s life soon and still no GT game, no god of war. PD needs a shakeup.

DIESEL-DOG said:

August 31st, 3:04 am

The PS4 was released in late 2013, so it’s not even 3 years old yet.

TrueAssassin86x said:

August 30th, 5:33 am

Saw this coming the day it was announced. Glad i waited on the pre-order. Looks like it will be Forza Horzion 3 for my racing fix this fall. Oh well i am glad i own both consoles.

bolkiebasher said:

August 30th, 9:35 am

What a timing! I ordered my first ever Xbox (one) last night so I could play Forza Horizon 3. Today I heard GT was delayed and I’m so glad I’ll have FH3 to enjoy. Will buy GT of course, but it will take ages. Whatever, better to delay than offer a sub standard game.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

August 30th, 7:06 pm

I’ll be playing Driveclub VR while i wait.

Hitokiri_03 said:

August 30th, 5:36 am

Put a proper career mode in the game, focus so much in eSports is a wasting of time (see SFV).

PS_ihh said:

August 30th, 7:24 am

Indeed.

DIESEL-DOG said:

August 30th, 7:52 am

Agreed.
    I just want GT7 on PS4 without esports or gimmicky VR.

BadFlounder said:

August 30th, 5:49 am

Every single GT for decades has been delayed multiple times, yet they release with antiquated menus, poor car sounds, no damage, etc. It’s really sad because they were certainly the leaders back in the GT3 days. I’m PlayStation all the way, but Forza has wiped the floor with GT for years, and sadly this mess won’t do anything to change things.

Renai_Kakume said:

August 30th, 3:08 pm

I couldn’t disagree more. The only pro that Forza has had over GT is liveries and car sounds. That’s it. Graphics, physics, lighting, cars, tracks, everything was just better on Gran Turismo. Now that GT has improved their sounds and getting liveries Forza is just another simcade experience it has always been. Sure PCars and Asseto Corsa are out but this fight is between GT ( The Real Driving Simulator) vs Forza.

NYC10307224 said:

August 30th, 9:57 pm

I 100% agree with you if forza wasn’t an xbox exclusive gran turismo would be dead like need for speed.

NYC10307224 said:

August 30th, 10:06 pm

Renai you mean Gt was (the first racing simulater) after gt3 we had the underground series but ever since then forza has been beating gt on consistent basis since 2006 gt has been rocking 8/10’s and forza has been getting 9/10’s okay sony has a ton of exclusives and lots of other great titles available but when it comes to racing they have nothing i haven’t bought a nascar game since 2005 and even im considering getting nascar heat evolution just so i have a racing video game other than GTA 5. I haven’t bought a gran turismo game since GT3 because every single title after that has been focused on graphics, cars, tracks, but forgot the driving aspect of the game hopefully gran turismo sport this new series of racing will bring gt back to former glory in the early 2000’s.

DriftLife said:

September 1st, 8:26 am

The driving in GT is better than any other racing game I’ve played. I still have to try F1 2016 and Assetto Corsa.
    Im looking forward to whooping some international butt and leave everyone seeing my tail lights!!!!

SilentNova said:

August 30th, 6:04 am

The delay gives me time to get a racing wheel for when I play with the VR Headset on. Sad it is getting a delay, but I have always enjoyed GT and I am excited about the game.

greasesman2 said:

August 30th, 6:33 am

Is this going to cancel our digital preorder like the nms delay did?

DriftLife said:

September 1st, 8:24 am

I want to know too!!!!!

anszbd1 said:

August 30th, 6:35 am

Take as much time as you need, as long as the game is good, the delay will be forgotten. Remember driveclub and street fighter 5, a good game that will be remembered because of disaster launch.

L337-D4D said:

August 30th, 6:59 am

I remember the GT5 delays. By the time GT Sport comes out PS4 Neo will be a last gen console and everyone will be on VR or an Xbox Scorpio. GT Sport was playable at E3. Sell me that amazing setup with the drivers pod and tv with the current version of GT Sport and just update it along the way. Waiting another year (or two) just makes us think of No Man’s Sky overhype or the disastrous rebuild of vanilla Destiny.

jaydensdad09 said:

August 30th, 7:12 am

Its unfortunate that GT Sport isn’t releasing this year. I was looking really looking forward to actually playing my PS4. Well here goes to another year of waiting and more disappointing PlayStation titles.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

August 30th, 7:21 pm

Your not playing Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank, ABZU, The Witness, Gravity Rush, Alienation, MLB, Paragon, better versions of 3rd party games or any of the great games that released prior to 2016? PS4 is loaded, u need to expand your horizons bc there are fantastic PS4 games out there.

LUCIFERSGLEAM said:

August 30th, 7:13 am

Gran Turismo is the biggest game franchise I had to leave behind when I went to the greener pastures of PC gaming. After the inferior releases of GTs 5 and 6, it was an easy choice however. Now you guys announce a smaller scale spin off with 1/10 less cars than the previous game and still can’t come out in time? Pathetic Polyphony, just pathetic. What are you guys waiting for??? The new Dyson vacuum models to come out so you can sample them as car engine sfx? Thanks for reminding me that I left at a good time. Forza Horizon 3 ftw, when I play that puppy on my gaming PC with my PS3 Logitech Driving Force steering wheel, that’s gonna be EPIC! Bye bye Gran Turismo, been nice knowing ya!

jerk_man said:

August 30th, 12:37 pm

Soooo, what are you doing on the Playstation Blog anyway?

Diegoctba911 said:

August 30th, 7:56 pm

Sony really wants us to move to pc gaming, they are more committed with pc than PS4 and Vita.

Randum said:

August 30th, 7:59 am

I really have a hard time believing this game anymore as a serious contender for the console racing sims. It was relevant and ground breaking over two decades agos. Now Forza has picked up where GT was left in the dust. GT5/6 were Playstation 2 era ports that were lackluster at best. Polyphony Digital needs to get over stroking their own egos on past releases and get together a relevant, modern racing sim for the console. They will be over 3 years into this life cycle and not a single GT title will be found.

I also fully expect a half released game like GT5/6 before it – where the online is broken and it takes a solid 6 months before the game is “finished’ – BUT they will be sure to pack it full of videos of the creator talking about how “Groundbreaking” the game will be and racing on tracks in real life….

Renai_Kakume said:

August 30th, 3:14 pm

So Forza 5/6 baked and simcade physics was better than GT5/6? Sure you keep thinking that.

Ger-Man-89 said:

August 30th, 8:10 am

Ohh wait … Let me join my friend… oh no. I cant see him because he live in another Country just spend 20min setting up my car, i go out of pitlane BOOM black screen
Woohoo. New update. New cars. Leave pitlane , no engine sound … listen to that mad V8 ( FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH).

Get out of here PD. You are done. You lost over 80% of you true fans. Have fun with the remaining ‘fans’ you will never be able to achieve what you did on ps1. You ruined your own title. Im not spending another cent on PD or PSN. Xcube and Forza FTW.

Billy_The_Puppet said:

August 30th, 8:20 am

Another delay?? At this point Detriot, Insomniac’s Spider Man, God of War 4, Days Gone are gonna end up being PS5 launch titles lol

iamtylerdurden1 said:

August 30th, 7:24 pm

And we will STILL have great exclusives in the meantime. Ppl don’t even meantion WiLD, The Forest, Hellblade, Death’s Gambit ect.

KAPADO said:

August 30th, 8:43 am

And no release date. This seems really bad. Thank god for the hopefuly not delayed Drive Club VR.
May Lord Kutaragi watch over its release date!

Andey-- said:

August 30th, 8:46 am

Gran Turismo is delayed? …… wow who would of guessed.

phade2blaq said:

August 30th, 8:47 am

For now I’ll play Assetto Corsa until this comes out!

ButcherVan said:

August 30th, 8:53 am

This is just too common for games now. The game companies need to just suck it up until they are ready to release. Delaying a game sucks and it wouldn’t be bad if they just wait to announce a release date until they are ready.

KLEEBANKLIBAN said:

August 30th, 11:59 am

KLEEBANKLIBAN said:

August 30th, 12:09 pm

Na, it’s the consumers that need to suck it up. Better to know way in advance what games are in the works. Consumers just need to learn that release dates are ALWAYS target release dates. The first time you see a release get delayed, sure it’s a surprise and it’s not your fault you don’t understand that aspect of business yet, but after the first time people should have learned that targets cannot always be met, especially if the developers are ambitious.

PS_is_Legit said:

August 30th, 8:57 am

I hope the delay means GT Sport will be a full-blown GT title now, instead of something like a prologue. Proper single-player career mode please. A visually improved PS Neo mode would also be on my wishlist..

drepsx3 said:

August 30th, 9:00 am

Would it be possible to get a demo of some sort before the year ends?

Feisar said:

August 30th, 9:52 am

Absolutely. As long as you don’t mind the demo being blamed on a other delay in March to August.

Thwip said:

August 30th, 9:14 am

This one is disappointing.

APowerfulJedi said:

August 30th, 9:19 am

Excellent decision, I’d rather play on a well developed coding experience and not a rushed one as well as I’m still playing GT6, it gives me some more time before GT7 comes out for my PS4.

Feisar said:

August 30th, 9:51 am

Year after year after year the fall release calendar just breaks down for you guys. Why are studios feeling pressured in the summer to make release date claims they can’t hit? If preordering didn’t exist this wouldn’t be such a big deal… But it does exist. Learn to under promise guys … Until you can get back on schedule at least. How many of these embarrassing “update” posts is it going to take before you learn a lesson?

KoldStrejke said:

August 30th, 10:02 am

The”Only” thing that the GT series had over Other titles was Car selection. thats it! Polly is allways 10 steps behind the competition.

V8_R3L3NTL3SS_1 said:

August 30th, 10:12 am

This shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. I said it would be delayed like always polyphony delays all the time. I expect it to be delayed one more time at least.

BlingOnMyWrist said:

August 30th, 10:14 am

A GranTurismo game delay!? We are sooo surprised.

xarph said:

August 30th, 10:33 am

So to tide us over, you’re going to release gran turismo 4 as a PS4 emulated title, right? right? :D

EmperorKorea said:

August 30th, 10:40 am

Meanwhile Microsoft is able to pump out a Forza game every year.

Lame

iamtylerdurden1 said:

August 30th, 7:32 pm

The same redundant Forza with the same baked lighting every yr. I’m so happy Sony doesn’t do the CoD/Forza/Microsoft/AC yearly release, greed based development cycle. Microsoft does that bc they have to, they only have 3 franchises.

Stefan882 said:

August 30th, 10:43 am

Even I would love to play GT Sport now, I prefer to have a quality game. Uncharted 4 was delayed and it was the right step.

phinnv8 said:

August 30th, 11:01 am

DelayStation at it again. Can’t for the life of me see how Forza can get a game out every 2 years and there is still NOTHING from Gran Turismo this generation. At least we have Project Cars and getting Assetto Corsa but come on Sony. I’m amusing it’ll at least support the Neo and have the best racing graphics ever and a ton of tracks by 2017.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

August 30th, 7:37 pm

AC and CoD release a game every yr as well, it’s NOT a good thing…

You forgot to mention Driveclub, the best racer this gen.

I’ll play Driveclub VR and work on the Driveclub Bikes platinum while i wait.

phinnv8 said:

September 1st, 4:39 am

Driveclub lol what? It’s a 30fps game which makes no sense for racing and looks like a slideshow. The only game PS4 has is Project Cars which at least is pretty decent. This delay for Gran Turismo is pathetic.

mastorofpuppetz said:

August 30th, 11:17 am

@Sindred, why would I care about MS? I care about the system I own, and how sony is supporting it.

guitarded77 said:

August 30th, 12:01 pm

NOOOO!!! Every time there is a title with “Update” in it, it means a game is delayed. STOP SETTING HARD RELEASE DATES IF YOU CAN’T GET THE GAME OUT ON TIME!!! Or, take the date you plan to announce, and add 6 months to it. If the game is ready ahead of schedule, do a soft launch early with a hard launch on the planned date. This industry has done the delay thing too many times.

RezzzboaDog said:

August 30th, 12:45 pm

Not even surprised. I don’t know if I’ll keep my PS4 now. I might trade it for an Xbox and the Forza series now. All the jokes about the delays are not even jokes anymore, they are the truth.

Sponge-worthy said:

August 30th, 1:29 pm

This entire franchise seems pretty much dead at this point.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

August 30th, 7:40 pm

Yea, bc a delay KILLED Uncharted…

The Gran Turismo franchise is huge, it has outsold Uncharted by a mile in lifetime sales. GT 5 sold more than any Uncharted game.

grashopper said:

August 30th, 1:54 pm

Have been a huge GT and PlayStation fan over the years. I have had no desire to own a Xbox of any sort over the years but I think this is going to push me over the edge. Forza looks to have a much larger and entertaining car list then the past few GT games. Upgrades look better. They’ve had a livery editor from game one I believe.
You keep wasting time with photo mode, B Spec, Moon crap, that weird GPS thing. The AI isn’t good. The sound isn’t good. Your communication with the community is non existent. Your priorities are off. You should have someone hyping the game. Showing off the new cars and tracks. Talking and listening.
I’m disappointed in PD and Sony for letting this happen every game. Something needs to change.

MarximumCarnage said:

August 30th, 4:22 pm

long time ps fan but also a huge gamer and with all consoles for the last few generations. As a huge racing fan I’ve loved gt from the very first one and stuck though out until 6 . I’ve played forza also since there first entry. Forza has not only outshines it self every iteration but also destroyed gt every release since the first. I’m dying for a return to form from gran turismo but forza has had my money for years thanks to its fantastic entries. It sucks we aren’t getting gt any time soon but make the leap bro , forza is worth it for the racing enthusiast.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

August 30th, 7:44 pm

Sony makes great products, but doesn’t communicate well or hype them well.

Microsoft makes lousy products, but hypes the heck out of them and masterfully manipulates the media.

miningpotato said:

August 30th, 2:33 pm

Why I just preordered the game I was so excited now I’m not whyyyy. Why don’t you make that a patch or update?

LinggaPrayogo said:

August 30th, 2:58 pm

Well if that’s the Reason to make it the Best Game in 2017, I can Respect That We’ll Wait

bc240sxxy said:

August 30th, 3:54 pm

I pre ordered GT sport last month, and now that they have put a delay has only made me more anxious about the release. I really hope this GT is what they have said it is going to be.

MarximumCarnage said:

August 30th, 4:19 pm

Another year without gran turismo. Another year my money goes to forza . Sigh…

akd21 said:

August 30th, 4:25 pm

This a joke. Evey Gran Turismo game has always had a delay of at least 6 months from the origional release date. When will Polyphony learn to keep their mouth shut on release dates until they know they can stick to them?

OptiMystiX said:

August 30th, 4:45 pm

Pity of it! Hope for single-player career mode and full-fledged installment of GT.
Upset could be not so great if GT6 was on PS4.. =( so a little more time for DriveClub <3

RONZO_GTR said:

August 30th, 5:45 pm

Take all the time you guys need whilst I am enjoying Assetto Corsa!

GamoSavage said:

August 30th, 6:37 pm

how is assetto corsa?

phinnv8 said:

September 1st, 4:40 am

Read the reviews it’s the best driving simulator ever but other than that a terrible “game”. Poor AI, poor career mode, poor track/car selection, etc.

robot_romeo said:

August 30th, 6:00 pm

Take as long as you need as long as you add in G27 support! :D

iamtylerdurden1 said:

August 30th, 7:46 pm

Take as long as u need.

Diegoctba911 said:

August 30th, 7:52 pm

Lets see… First you increase the price of PS Plus, then you announce PS exclusives on pc and now this? What a great month for PS fans. /sarcasm

Sup3R1oR said:

August 30th, 9:01 pm

” physics-based rendering and sound simulations”

Is that the reason that still after so many years all cars sound almost the same and the engine sounds seems like they came straight out of GT4?

PAGE 1 2