God of War

Aug 31

Aug 31

PlayStation Blogcast 221: Alone With Clements

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

Subscribe via iTunes, Google or RSS, or download here

A deafening silence falls upon the PlayStation Blogcast studio. What events have led to such a solitary moment? Watch out, folks, I’m the only host on this week’s program! I perfectly encapsulate this theme in my interview with Alone With You creator Ben Rivers.

A doomed space colony, a strange artificial intelligence, a lonely podcast host… it all leads to this! Enjoy the show!

Stuff We Talked About

• Alone With You
  • Loneliness
  • Isolation
  • An All-consuming Quiet
  • Utter Silence
  • A Single Voice Raised in the Void

Recent Episodes

The Cast

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Ryan Clements – Sr. Social Media Specialist and Lone Survivor of Interstellar Colony ARK-XIV

Send us questions and tips! blogcast@playstation.sony.com
Leave us a voicemail! (650) 288-6706

Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music.

Add Your Own

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Ryan Clements said:

August 31st, 6:30 pm

…hello?

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

August 31st, 10:51 pm

We leave you alone for ONE DAY.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

August 31st, 11:12 pm

It’s a good episode, but needs more me

Mercenary09 said:

August 31st, 6:39 pm

Hi! Wow a podcast with only 1 person. Going to listen now. Also been playing Alone With You and it’s pretty great so far.

BlueBl1zzard said:

August 31st, 7:08 pm

Wow, this seems like it’s going to be a very interesting episode. That “Stuff We (I?) Talked About” section though…

P.S. Ryan, it would have been quite fitting if your comment was the only one in this post lol.

BlueBl1zzard said:

August 31st, 7:10 pm

Sorry for the double post, I just noticed your position title/description up in the post! O_O

GeminiBoy said:

September 1st, 11:28 am

Ryan,

Looks like you finally gave Mr. SHUman the boot. Can’t wait to listen! :-)
    Hopefully the trifecta will reunite next week.

cjkloster said:

September 1st, 2:07 pm

Loved the sleep deprived self-depreciation cast! Fellow daddy/gamer here. The fact is if you want to be a good father/husband your gaming time will take a hit when you have an infant. The good news is, being a father is cooler than being a gamer. Also, be patient, the time will come when the children also become gamers (around 5-ish for mine) and then it all comes back ten-fold.

Ind3structoman said:

September 1st, 2:54 pm

Ryan,

This week’s episode was fantastic – short, but sweet. Although the complete cast is always ideal, I understand now why you have been deemed the PlayStation Powerhouse. Keep up the great work with the blogcast and with the behbeh, you scroundrel.

jgrizzle358 said:

September 1st, 3:21 pm

Thank you so much for doing this Ryan it’s nice just to have an episode this week since we didn’t last week. It was really nice of you to do this.

siriusbee said:

September 1st, 3:27 pm

Love it, you did a great job!

akisuo said:

September 1st, 4:46 pm

What!? Could it be!? An old school Ryan Clement’s Fireside Chat!? Holy awesomesauce!!!

ColonelOCorn said:

September 2nd, 11:11 am

So Ryan, here’s the deal with kids and gaming. If you play it right, help your wife out and take the time with your offspring now, you’ll have future gaming buddies. (My son and I play Destiny pvp together! Note: He’s better than I am.) Games aren’t going anywhere, but your kids are only that little once. :)

anberlin44 said:

September 2nd, 12:05 pm

As a new father… ( well my daughter is a year old) I found a little time to play here and there. It took me a long while to beat some games. You just have to sacrifice some things… All my gaming came at the expense of a couple hours of sleep.

Dead-Sync said:

September 2nd, 3:43 pm

Ryan I’ll admit I felt a bit awkward for the first 10 minutes but – hey I got used to it! That’s all that matters right? haha

In all seriousness though thanks for tackling the Blogcast solo!I was definitely missing last week’s and it was super-cool to have something to listen to this week! I think Justin and Sid owe you drinks when they get back!

Rpm2878 said:

September 6th, 2:54 pm

Fact checking squad: Sid usually forgets the disclaimer and Ryan chimes in with it after 1 to 3 games have been announced. So, par for the coarse.
It might have been hilarious, sleep deprived, punchy version of Ryan or the solo venture but I got a bit of an NPR/smooth jazz DJ vibe, especially at first.
Thank you for getting a blogcast out this week. It was almost as good as a late night E3 special. More episodes with diminished cognitive functions are always welcome.

Rpm2878 said:

September 6th, 2:56 pm

might have been *the

ptysAKL said:

September 8th, 8:10 pm

Hey Ryan,

You guys did an great job presenting 4K/HDR at the PlayStation Meeting yesterday. Mass Effect and Zero Dawn look awesome, very jealous for 4K gaming.

MaxxAmmo said:

September 11th, 7:11 am

Total and epic fail of including “The Tomorrow Children” a PS4 exclusive available as Founder’s Pack starting Sept. 6th!