Horizon Zero Dawn

Aug 31

Aug 31

PlayStation Plus: Free Games for September 2016

Greg Lewickyj's Avatar Posted by PlayStation Plus Content Partnership Manager

Hello, PlayStation Plus members! We’re happy to reveal your free PS4 games for September, 2016. This month you can slash your way through demonic hordes, or journey across the ruins of a forgotten civilization. Let’s get started!

First up is Journey. The talented developers at thatgamecompany bring us the critically acclaimed adventure and winner of numerous Game of the Year awards. Finding yourself alone in the desert, you must make your way to the mountaintop. But there’s so much more to this sublime experience than simply traversing the world. With stunning visuals, an amazing soundtrack, and a unique online experience, don’t miss the very special experience that is Journey.

Next up is Lords of the Fallen. Looking for redemption for past sins, you play as Harkyn and try to end a war between humans and the gods. With three classes to choose from, you can tailor the combat experience to your liking. And in a game where every encounter matters and your choices have consequences, the layers of customization are an integral part of the action. So collect your gear and prepare for close-quarters combat as you take the fight to the demon lords.

Full Lineup

• Lords of the Fallen, PS4
  • Journey, PS4, PS3
  • Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, PS3
  • Datura, PS3
  • Badland, PS Vita, PS4, PS3
  • Amnesia: Memories, PS Vita

We’ll see you in the comments section. Enjoy.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 8

brn-dn said:

August 31st, 8:32 am

Great month! I’ve never played Journey before.

Greg Lewickyj's Avatar

Greg Lewickyj said:

August 31st, 10:24 am

Thanks! Journey is a treat and I hope you enjoy it and the rest of the games this month.

Coolwater said:

August 31st, 8:33 am

It’s a great game, but tragically short.

four24twenty said:

August 31st, 9:33 am

This game was a big deal way back in 2012.

MakaiOokami said:

August 31st, 10:44 am

Coowater, play it again, go in a different direction, love the areas you never saw.

Stay__Focused87 said:

August 31st, 11:19 am

I just look up the games for this month not bad I believe Sony could’ve done better. I don’t think indie games should be something they add to the free line up since we could play games like that on our phones.

CommandingTiger said:

August 31st, 11:20 am

How about we talk about that PS+ price increase and didn’t feel the need to tell us in a blog post?
    Instead you updated an older post to announce that the price will be 60$USD and 70$CAND.
    I feel it’s extremely dishonest the way you proceeded the announcement.
    As such, I won’t be renewing my subscription.
    I will still purchase first party games like God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spiderman. None of them requires online to play.
    In the future, try to be more honest and straight forward with us. This kind of behaviour breaks trust from your customers.

CommandingTiger said:

August 31st, 11:29 am

Also, I do honestly believe you should bring back free online multi-player.
    You could bring back Online Pass that you had on the PS3.
    The Online Pass would unlock That Specific Game you just purchased (Not all PSN games)
    This would promote buying new games rather than used.
    I often buy my games day 1 new. I feel there should be a bigger incentive for me rather than going used.
    However, lately with the price increase on games in Canada, it is hard to justify… even when I was working 2 full time jobs.

CommandingTiger said:

August 31st, 11:43 am

PS+ members would get All games unlocked even when they are used games.
    So people that buy games from their friends or pre-owned would still get to pay for PS+ service.
    On top of that, they would get early access to the latest updates.
    They would get All the extra service that the PS3 days did not have.

Friends, Notifications, Messages, Streaming, Video Upload, Social Media, Apps, YouTube, Twitch, Remote Play, in-game Chat, Web Browser, Community, Party, Folders, Trophies would all be free to access.

Everything else, Community (Ability to Create your own Blog on the Community), Events (can be unlocked with Online Pass for specific games), Share Play, Cross Gaming Chat (entering a party is free, just not when you’re playing another game), Free Games, No need of an Online Pass, PS+ sales, online storage, and add a ton more features, it would all be exclusive to PS+ members.

There would be more people buying games on PS4 if there would be an option to play online for free.
    I loved PS+ before it was a requirement to play online. It gave you a lot of value for your money.

williamthemack said:

August 31st, 11:45 am

Journey looks good but this other game looks stupid. I was expecting at least 1 triple A title because of the ps plus membership fee rising. All we really get now is indie games which isn’t always a bad thing but it would be nice to have a triple A every 2-3 months or so. I would recommend older games like Infamous: Second Son, Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag, Watch Dogs 1, Payday 2: Crimewave Edition or Little Big Planet 3

vRapid-ReCoiiLz said:

August 31st, 11:53 am

wtf games are those man but aye hopefully there good

JimmyLSanchez said:

August 31st, 12:30 pm

CommandingTiger, shut it. Remember you have the option to not be a member. Just stop complaining about the increase. I have been a member since literally Hour 1 of the PS Plus Service. This is the first time an increase has happened for the program in the 6 years it has been in existence. Stop playing the oh woah is me card and stop giving gamers a bad name being a wino.

toaboy11 said:

August 31st, 12:50 pm

Damn bought both of these, journey when it was just on sale recently. It is a little decieving when you select a game that was previously on sale in playstation store. It basically feels like youre plan is to try to see who you can trick before offering free with plus. You guys ddid the same thing with gat out of hell which literally was on sale right up to first tuesday of the month. And nba 2k16 which was on sale the week before. I dont have a problem with lords of the fallen i bought it on release when there was only a handful of ps4 games on offer and i dont remember it being on sale in the last couple months though i know its been on sale several times in the last year for as little as 8 dollars or something.

Deathspawner said:

August 31st, 12:54 pm

JimmyLSanchez, shut it. A lot of people don’t like paying even $50 a year for online access (I couldn’t care less about “free” games), so a price increase makes it even worse. I pay $50/yr right now for the sake of playing Destiny online. If you don’t find that ridiculous, then you’re ridiculous.

Dannystaples said:

August 31st, 12:54 pm

Journey is a good choice. For once.

Lords of the Fallen was so buggy when I played it I ended up stopping playing and never touched it again.

earth_inheritor said:

August 31st, 1:14 pm

Best month for me in a while Lords of the Fallen and Journey are both games ive been wanting to pick up and haven’t.

ZanFear said:

August 31st, 2:13 pm

Micro$oft started the gaming trend of paying a subscription to access your own internet on your own console. They didn’t even give any games with the subscription. Lest we forget…

divineLite said:

August 31st, 4:09 pm

I also think this is one of the greatest month, even though I already got Journey

And for psvita this is literally the best month in more than six months away

Eye_Cray13 said:

August 31st, 5:22 pm

Lord of the fallen kinda look like dark soul for me

iamtylerdurden1 said:

August 31st, 9:35 pm

Spectacular month!

This is the prettier, PS4 version of Journey, an all-time great.

Lords of the Fallen is basically a AAA style game. If u like Dark Souls or Bloodborne u will love this game.

Badland GotY Edition is considered to be an excellent game. Badland is available on all 3 systems so we are actually getting 3 PS4 games this month.

TarmacTrauma said:

August 31st, 11:24 pm

@JimmyLSanchez actually it is people like you and your ilk, those who when someone expresses their option on a service or product feel the need to make personal attacks, that give gamers a bad name.

@ZanFear least we forget that while they were the first to charge they were also offering stable servers that were not always down for maintenance, DDoS attacks, or easily hacked in a way which user’s personal information could be obtained. $ony (take a second to see how silly it looks to use a “$” instead of an “S”) has adopted the business model but forgot to add the service. And as of late, Microsoft has consistently been outdoing Sony at their own game…. the “free” games. Microsoft even allows you to keep the last gen games regardless of your membership status and are playable even if you no longer have last gen hardware through backwards compatibility. Most people really don’t mind paying for a service that delivers quality. You don’t see very many Xbox owners complaining about the cost associated with Live the way you do PS owners complaining about paying for PS+. THat speaks volumes to the differences in the service from a consumer standpoint.

gjallahorn112 said:

August 31st, 11:34 pm

Bad games. Journey is free on PS now. Lords of the fallen is trash. Bad graphics and combat

MoeGooner88 said:

September 1st, 1:27 am

@Tarmac, actually if you have been taking notice, you would have seen that Xbox live has many issues nowadays compared to PSN. Both do go down offline sometimes, but as of late the former has been having issues more frequently. Saying that it is not always down to x reasoning shows your utter lack of information. Google is your friend. Also , on Live you can’t download any BC games from the free ones even if you are a gold member, without having region specific credit card info stored. A ridiculous measure imho, since being a gold member should suffice.

ZanFear said:

September 1st, 7:00 am

@TarmacTrauma You bring up fair points. But I couldn’t care less if using “$” instead of a “S” is silly to you or not.

filmgod727 said:

September 1st, 7:43 am

Thank you for the new selection. I have been wanting to play Lords of the Fallen but never got the chance. I’m not a huge Indie fan, but Journey has received enough acclaim to make me want to try that too. Solid month. Keep up the good work :)

AdamLiamRhysa said:

September 1st, 9:23 am

For those complaining about the PSN price hike, please STOP!

From the reasons you are complaining for, it’s clear you don’t understand that this is a business, and as with all businesses in society, you must react to inflation.

The only people who should be on these boards complaining are teenagers, and that is only because they have no clue.
    Any working adult complaining should shut up or unsubscribe.

Paying for the PSN service uptick is not an obligation to now get AAA titles for free. If you don’t want to pay only a measly $5 per month for the PSN service, then disconnect your PS from online and play for a month like that. Once you realize all that PSN was giving you for that TINY $5 per month, then maybe you can realize how petty your complaining was.

Grow up kids. And when you’re done whining and want to join the rest of us mature and competent gamers in the world who actually understand what living and working is all about, we’ll be here on the PSN.

NextLevelAI said:

September 1st, 2:42 pm

@CommandingTiger You sir are in the vocal minority when it comes to online passes. The gamers in this industry spoke loud and clearly to the devs and publishers that online passes were not an acceptable practice. Hence the removal of that idiotic idea. Simply because you buy most of your games new, as do I, does not make the inclusion of online passes a good idea. The used games market is essential to the industry right now. Especially when that is a way to speak with your wallet. Case in point, MGS V the complete experience will retail for $50 USD with most profit going to Konami. As an educated consumer I’d rather buy TPP used as I already got GZ free on PS+, save some cash and prevent any of my money from going to Konami for that purchase. Since the only incentive to buy early and new is just that, you are the only one to blame for feeling like you’re getting the same as those buying used. Those buying a used game should not have access to certain features blocked simply because the game is used. That is a dishonest practice.

TarmacTrauma said:

September 1st, 8:46 pm

@MoeGooner88 Funny. So what is this problem that “the later” has been having so much lately?Talk about utter lack of information… even acting like PSN has been more stable than Live is laughable. Even the most diehard fans of Playstation that expect to be taken seriously go that route. Use your friend Google (because if it is on Google it has to be right, just like Wiki) to check the documented outages on both services and try again. The whole CC for 360 games is a kiddie argument that is in place to prevent marketplace or region fraud.

TheMudBone said:

September 2nd, 12:25 am

Hopefully they are worth downloading

BroncosFreak87 said:

September 2nd, 4:04 am

Oh man, an old Games with Gold title and an indy title that only retained it’s charm the longer people shut up about it. So a couple days in other words. What is going on Sony? Everyday it feels like you are losing your grip white the big Green is gaining momentum. I don’t see anything saving it. Not even the VR. Oh well, I’ll still believe.

kristen23231 said:

September 2nd, 5:29 pm

I can’t wait to play journey! I wish you guys would have released it before the labor day weekend though so I could play it on my 3 day weekend off of work!!!

Elite_Bull_ said:

September 2nd, 7:34 pm

If lords of the fallen is supposed to be free this month for ps+ members, why does it want to charge me 19.99$?

jeandeve said:

September 3rd, 12:44 am

So now people who buy PS+ just for playing PS4 online are jerks for complaining…

Right… LOL

Super_Shadow13 said:

September 3rd, 3:11 am

This month is better than last month. I’ve been wanting to play Journey for awhile, I also love RPG styled games.

The_M1ghty_Boss said:

September 3rd, 3:26 am

Plz i have a subscribtion but for some reason the games aren’t showing up

ZanFear said:

September 3rd, 6:36 am

lol Guys, GWG gets old PS+ games. What’s your point? It doesn’t matter if you have both services or not, these services are separate and will get what games they can when they can for their users.

SkYxLeGaCY420 said:

September 3rd, 2:45 pm

Could we get a game that matters and not some boring game that nobody wants to play. That would be great. Maybe something that doesn’t suck. PlayStation is being jerks and giving you game’s that we already played on ps3. But sad to say that I’d rather play my Atari over the free games that’s been released across the psn. I’d rather see free game profile pics over these 0/100 rated games.

thomastunru said:

September 5th, 5:43 am

why i haven’t get my ps4 free games for september? when is the release date? any info please, thank you

kirankaan said:

September 5th, 2:25 pm

So I live in EU and it’s September 6th 12.25 here and journey still has a price tag, I mean come on Sony I ditched my friends tonight for to play Journey till morning!!

Solidsunny01 said:

September 6th, 2:41 am

why is there not a free game for psp too? is that finished now?

RobbRect said:

September 6th, 3:05 am

Journey is a pretty good game, I’ll give it another look.

Also, to the people complaining about the PS Plus price increase: It’s $10 a year. A YEAR. If that’s gonna break your bank, then you likely can’t afford to buy games in the first place.
    You’re paying that much a month for your Internet connection. PS Plus is a service, just like your cable, internet, utilities, etc. Stop complaining. You’re not entitled to free services.

Jackzhao2015 said:

September 6th, 7:09 am

Still august game? Come on

Fakk2Punk said:

September 6th, 8:13 am

Sorry, I know it’s not a cross buy, but didn’t see already receive “Journey” free on the ps3 years ago? Not really a complaint, just an observation

SpiritOfTheGods_ said:

September 6th, 10:42 am

Ok so the ps4 games are up but for PS vita it still shows the august games but now you have to pay for them and it is getting late in the EU plz do something about it

TGPFL said:

September 7th, 4:18 am

Put better games next time for the playstation community

sjkovachiv said:

September 10th, 6:10 am

wow they really improved they are giving us decent games now althouh i do wish they could give us bigger games like bloodborne, destiny (you get the idea)

DoubleCupKing209 said:

September 24th, 9:51 am

Idk about you guys but I was extremely underwhelmed with this months line ups to be honest. Journey isn’t very action packed at all and lords of the fallen looks like some cliche PS2 game. I really hope we get popular titles that people are familiar with in October. When I had my 360, i was envious of all the games you could download on the Xbox one. I just purched a PS4 and a 3 month membership. I just hope they make it worth it..

CapJSheridan said:

August 31st, 8:33 am

Finally a bigger game for Vita

pPpPancakes said:

August 31st, 8:33 am

Journey.

Motherboop said:

August 31st, 8:34 am

Journey! Never picked it up, that’s a score next month.

opikal said:

August 31st, 8:35 am

I just bought amnesia last week on the sale :/

prachi_chetha said:

August 31st, 1:14 pm

If bought it recently… They refund your money…

z5244888 said:

August 31st, 2:08 pm

They actually don’t refund your money, I bought two games on a sale then a week later they went on Plus for free, and they didn’t give me my money back, so from my experience it’s not true.

ge0smash said:

August 31st, 8:35 am

Is the boss crazy or on drugs? This is actually a good list! It’s time to become a subsciber again then.

Mickuchiha said:

August 31st, 9:12 am

You should capitalize now, before the price change

SkYxLeGaCY420 said:

September 3rd, 2:47 pm

It’s time to break open the ps1 and play a rapala fishing over the lineup.

Mac_Gyver7 said:

August 31st, 8:36 am

Yes!! journey! been on my list for a while

Skarz1989 said:

August 31st, 8:36 am

Sure hope games get better when you increase our ps plus subscriptions =P

ecoastdreamer35 said:

August 31st, 8:54 am

Agreed!

aaron_bush_96 said:

August 31st, 9:28 am

they wont. because everyone else not in NA needed to still pay extra then you guys, now you are on par with everyone else so the line up will still be the same, just random good indies on all 3 platforms and 1 or 2+ AAA games.

thomosgreenie said:

September 22nd, 11:20 am

Totally agreed !!!

wwolf76 said:

August 31st, 8:37 am

Folks complain every month, but in the face of a price increase I expect extra dissatisfaction this month. For me everything this month depends on Lords of the Fallen. If it’s good this month is ok.

TJ_Solo said:

August 31st, 10:51 am

Good? You mean if you like it. The general opinion of the game has been formed years ago.
    I don’t think Sony has much to do with what you personally deem good.

Yugocode said:

August 31st, 12:16 pm

I platinumed the game. Very gritty, gruesome Dark Souls style game. The performance was hit or miss though; it chugged in various places. But I played it when it first came out. Perhaps they’ve patched the game to improve things in this regard.

Dannystaples said:

August 31st, 12:52 pm

I hated it.

Bored me to tears. Tried to be like Dark Souls but just ends up frustrating.

Also the bugs forced me to restart the game several time.

In the end I just gave up and never touched it again.

GenName1337 said:

August 31st, 2:08 pm

I absolutely love it, it’s like Dark Souls, except a little clunky. Your guy is heavily armored, giant sword wielding bad ass.

finalfaw said:

August 31st, 3:02 pm

Lords of the Fallen is like if you Diluted Dark Souls with Lords of Shadow, its not a a bad game, but it’s not great either, oh and add the RPG elements of making weapons have like “the rigorous great axe of fire” type, its a good game if you are a fan of games where the hard part isn’t the gameplay but getting your’ butt handed to you constantly, in genral though I would recommend it, give it a go, its free so you don’t like it, nothing lost nothing gained.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

August 31st, 9:43 pm

I think Lords of the Fallen was better than Dark Souls 2. It had better visuals and combat.

I absolutely LOVE Lords of the Fallen, it’s filled with secrets lore. One of my favorite games this gen.

SNK-81 said:

September 2nd, 4:44 pm

I bougt LOTF when it came out, liked it but something else came out i wanted more… i repurchased it like a year ago when the digital version came on sale for virtually nothing…

i agree everyone *****es every montg, and i agree sony should handle it differently , that one time we got to vote was a good idea, but the choices were aweful ..

anyway, if u like action rpgs than LOTF is worth it alone… i do get a little chafed when i already own the only good game/s they are giving out.. seems like i should get like a coupon for something when this happens.. which is a lot

Carlytto said:

August 31st, 8:37 am

I’ve thought about both Journey and Lords of the Fallen for a while. Never paid Badland any thought, but looking at some gameplay vids, it just might be enjoyable to mess with.

JremmyTheCreator said:

August 31st, 8:37 am

I’ve been really close to buying Journey multiple times, and decided to hold out for this moment….so I am excited for that, BUT I definitely thought this month would be more of AAA game type of month for PS4. Still kind of disappointing overall because it’s been on sale for like $4 recently.

ASSASSINMORIDIN said:

August 31st, 5:29 pm

Lords of the fallen is a more or less triple a.

Its published by namco bandai.

ASSASSINMORIDIN said:

August 31st, 5:32 pm

Square enix too apparently. Use wikipedia. Its your friend

TarmacTrauma said:

August 31st, 11:32 pm

+ ASSASSINMORIDIN the game was self-published by the developer, CI Games. Bandai Namco worked with North American distribution. The actual game’s website is far more reliable, and a better “friend” to use, than Wikipedia.

JremmyTheCreator said:

September 1st, 11:23 am

+ ASSASSINMORIDIN Any time you have to say a game is “more or less triple a” It’s probably not triple a.

nicksmizzle said:

August 31st, 8:38 am

awesome month for vita and ps4! journey and amnesia will be a great time

YoungBlaise said:

August 31st, 8:54 am

I agree with you. I’ve always heard praise for Journey. Never heard of Lords of the Fallen.
    Also the Amnesia: Memories looks intresting. Not sure about Badlands.
    Satisfied. :)

MELLONE said:

August 31st, 9:28 am

Lords of fallen is like skyrim

solutionxero said:

August 31st, 10:21 am

the above person is wrong, it is nothing like skyrim, it plays like a dark souls game, but slightly easier

Real_HaVoC618 said:

August 31st, 10:29 am

@MELLONE

Skyrim,huh? I must not have played enough of it to give it a fair chance then. I got more of a Dark Souls from what I played of it.

DION3TO said:

August 31st, 8:38 am

Finally a good month of PS Plus games!
Thanks, Playstation. Keep it up!

Wessdude said:

August 31st, 8:38 am

I was hoping they’d go free with No Man’s Sky, just so I could download it for free then delete it….then maybe I’d feel better about the waste of money I had to endure because of it. By the way, I’m looking forward to Journey!

kevoncio1234 said:

August 31st, 10:25 am

LOL jaja, no man’s sky really sucks.

Letters2Kay said:

August 31st, 11:10 am

Wait, you want it for free- to download and delete- but you already spent money on it?

I bought NMS and though it’s not really normally my kind of game, I have dozens of hours on it so far and find myself lost in exploring for hours when I initially didn’t even want to boot it up in the first place. It’s like I want to hate it, but I can’t because it’s just so damn huge and vast and engrossing. I might change a million things about it if it were up to me, but I appreciate it for what it is, and it is an incredibly compelling and lengthy journey, gotta say (see what I did there).

Hope you enjoy your 3 or 4 (awesome) hours with Journey, though!

iamtylerdurden1 said:

August 31st, 9:49 pm

No Man’s Sky is really good and it has a Metacritic rating in the 70’s. Ppl are sadly misguided and sheep-like in thinking it’s cool to troll the game and make idiotic, hollow remarks.

ByTe-Red-Tack said:

August 31st, 8:39 am

Well hot danm. Finally a solid month. and across all platforms too. I already have journey but its a brilliant little game, Lords of the fallen I’ve played on pc but also is a really good game if you like difficult games (think dark souls but more clunky and weighty) Pop the forgotten sands is the better of the two ps3 pop games. definitely worth a look. Datura looks a little spooky 3d platformer and puzzle solver so pretty cool. Badland and amnesia just bonus goodies as I know nothing about them but still look ok ^_^ well done playstation.

Greg Lewickyj's Avatar

Greg Lewickyj said:

August 31st, 10:25 am

Glad you like the lineup. Thanks for the feedback.

tylerh1701 said:

August 31st, 8:40 am

No PSP games! Hooray!!!!

ZanFear said:

August 31st, 2:29 pm

I’ll drink to that.

BlackJezus27 said:

August 31st, 7:14 pm

Some of them have been decent like god of war ghost of Sparta. But fr, hallelujah

iJohnny said:

August 31st, 8:41 am

PS4=Great
PS3=OK
Vita=Bad

DawningWolf55 said:

August 31st, 8:42 am

Welp, I am interested in Everything but Datura. I already own Journey. For those who don’t have it, you are in for a treat! Can’t wait to play the majority of these games!

TJ_Solo said:

August 31st, 10:52 am

Vita looks great here. It’s that I have an open mind.

Mieszko01 said:

August 31st, 3:35 pm

Why Vita bad? Badland is good to play in underground.

DaveTheSnake said:

August 31st, 4:42 pm

iJohnny – Compared to previous months, the Vita is really good. No PSP games.

BlackJezus27 said:

August 31st, 7:16 pm

I wish ps vita games got more vita exclusives instead of games that just happen to be vita compatible. And Japanese games I’m not really into at all (I’ve been interested in like 3 in the past, never played them). Still think that this is a pretty good month

JSEVERITT said:

September 1st, 9:56 am

@DawningWolf55 you should still give Datura a chance, if you haven’t played it yet. It’s a pretty trippy game doesn’t last too long, and is made by the same folks who just released Bound!

theRealHumbuk said:

August 31st, 8:42 am

thats on hell of a month!!! i’m very pleased to try out the ps4 games.

Bibowski said:

August 31st, 8:43 am

OMG awesome. I’ve been waiting for Journey but figured it would never be a freebie.

How wrong I was :-D

cleversignin said:

August 31st, 5:45 pm

it’s great and since it is free you will hopefully find other newbie players to go through with. not to dispariage the white cloaks who would help people 100% the game (I did it for a while but I could tell by the yellow trim if it was their first game and would ignore the first timers) but there was something much more enjoyable about teaming up with someone who did not know where everything was.
    enjoy it.

KFos46 said:

August 31st, 8:43 am

Already have journey, but it is fantastic!! :D Glad to see it on the list and that everyone can enjoy it now. Have been eyeing Lords of the Fallen for awhile now so I’m happy :)

jerry20xx said:

August 31st, 8:45 am

meanwhile, Xbox Live gets Mirrors Edge, Forza, Assassins Creed

3 AAA titles and One indie game. Thats how it should be every month,

Not random indie space shooter, random indie rpg, random indie side scroller and 1 decent game

Mercenary09 said:

August 31st, 8:46 am

Uh that Assassin’s Creed game isn’t a AAA title its a small downloadable game that isn’t even good.

FoldupEli said:

August 31st, 8:49 am

well said, PS are really lagging behind with free games, I cant see it improving either PS dont seem to understand rewarding its customers

jerry20xx said:

August 31st, 8:54 am

its not AAA or any good?Funny it”s maybe by Ubisoft and has higher reviews than Lords of the Fallen, a game that soooo many on here are calling a AAA title…but it’s made by CI Studio….WHO???

Lol bash the Assassins Creed as a mini game but people sure did eat up that sorry excuse Saints Row DLC as a full game

Mercenary09 said:

August 31st, 8:59 am

You know you Xbox fans were bragging about getting Lords of the Fallen a few months ago. Now that it’s on Plus it’s trash huh?

jerry20xx said:

August 31st, 9:05 am

no we weren’t but we were happy with our Backwards Compatible games like borderlands

I downloaded lords of the fallen and turned it off after 3 minutes. it’s a **** game with a mediocre score by some foreign indie company

None of my friends play it, nor do i ever hear them talking about playing it, nor have i ever heard it mentioned outside of PS Plus/XBL free games lmao

Mac_Gyver7 said:

August 31st, 9:06 am

You have multiple comments in this thread moaning about the titles given… unsubscribe if you’re that butthurt and stop moaning

CrusaderForever said:

August 31st, 9:11 am

It’s obvious you like Microsoft. Go over to Microsoft then if you don’t like PlayStation. God knows you will be welcomed with open arms over there. They are starving for gamers over there.

jerry20xx said:

August 31st, 9:11 am

as a paid subscriber, i’m allowed to voice my displeasure with this terrible service.

i bet you’re the type of guy who buys a burger, asks for no onions on the burger, and then does nothing about it when onions are still on the burger eh? you just sit there and deal with it, eating your nasty onion

sorry junior but daddy didn’t raise a punk like that, i dont take stuff that way, if i don’t like something that i pay for, i will let it be known

Mac_Gyver7 said:

August 31st, 9:18 am

you seem like the type of guy that asks for a burger that’s not on the menu, then complains when the manager wont listen to your suggestions…

you signed up the service with agreeing with their terms, dont like it go to another burger shop

time17 said:

August 31st, 9:48 am

The assassin creed game that you get with Xbox is a three part game and you only get one part of it atlest PlayStation give you a whole game

AzNoLiMiT said:

August 31st, 10:04 am

You’re acting like they’re giving away Assassin’s Creed Unity, when it’s 1 part of a 3 part mini-series. And you said that it scored better than Lords of the Fallen? Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China has lower reviews based on basically every metric i’ve seen. Not saying that Lords of the Fallen is a home run, and Xbox One definitely had a better month than PS4 in August, but this month PS4 tops Xbox One’s freebies easily. Although, Forza Horizon and Mirrors Edge tops PoP Forgotten Sands and Datura in my book.

You should ask for a job at Microsoft PR though, great attempt at spinning that AC game lol.

EverythingOnFire said:

August 31st, 10:12 am

“great, more indie trash that i wont play and 2 year old game that i already go for free last year on Xbox Live”

But you’re happy with Mirrors Edge? It’s like 8 years old, and EA gave it, PvZ: Garden Warfare, and a Need for Speed game away for free a year-and-a-half ago.

I’m not defending PS+, as I’m clearly not a subscriber. In fact, I think Games With Gold “wins” simply because you get to actually keep the 360 titles no matter what. I just wanted to say that there’s no point in getting upset over this stuff. Some months will be good, and other months won’t. Can’t win em all.

drd7of14 said:

August 31st, 10:12 am

@jerry20xx

AC: Chronicles are fun, but they don’t even compare to DLC of a regular AC game. Maybe if you were comparing AC Freedom Cry, but no…You are comparing an okay, mobile port to an open world Sandbox DLC, in the vein of something as ridiculous as Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon.

It’s fun, no it’s not the best game I’ve ever played, but I hadn’t played it till Plus threw it in my basket. And I’m not complaining. The real problem with Xbox Games with Gold, to me, tends to be old games. They give away Mirror’s Edge, great game mind you don’t get me wrong, but I’d also consider it an Indie title by your definition of AAA. It’s just very old. I’d rather a new Indie I haven’t played then something I played nearly 8 years ago…

drd7of14 said:

August 31st, 10:13 am

(CONTINUED)

…Apparently the studio that develops it matters if you’ve heard of them. How about doing your research first. Lords of the Fallen is a decent Souls clone. It’s not the best. But it does try things new. It’s not from the company that brought you the same game every year with false promises. That would be Ubisoft, who has lost almost as much credit as EA when it comes to publishers. Just because you’ve heard of them, doesn’t make the games credible. That being said, the mobile port can be fun…On a mobile platform like the VITA. Not on an Xbox.

@Mac_Gyver7

Took the words right out of my mouth. Couldn’t have been said better. Bravo!

iamtylerdurden1 said:

August 31st, 10:14 pm

Nice try, jerry20xx

AC Chronicles China is a 67 Metacritic on xb1

Lords of the Fallen is a 71 Metacritic on xb1

AC Chronicles China is liken to a mobile game, i bought it for $3, it’s a 2hr side scroller with no Platinum trophy. Lords of the Fallen is a full AAA-like game with dozens of hrs and a platinum trophy.

Journey is arguably the best indie of all-time and u call it “trash”?

Mirrors Edge is 8 yrs old, it came out in 2008…This isn’t the new one.

Forza is the xbox 360 version…

The Games With Gold xb1 games for September are a joke. U get AC Chronicles China and Eartlock: Festival of Magic. Even at full price AC China is a $6 game, and wth is Eartlock?

Mercenary09 said:

August 31st, 8:45 am

Great lineup guys. Journey is a must play for all and look at that a AAA game for the whiners. Glad to see no PSP game as well. Glad to have you back Ryan doing the Plus videos.

Greg Lewickyj's Avatar

Greg Lewickyj said:

August 31st, 10:26 am

Thanks. And we agree, it’s great to have Ryan back doing the videos.

le_nardill said:

August 31st, 8:45 am

.. I already have Journey and for PS PLUS. Sony gave Journey before. Maybe i am wrong? ..

Mickuchiha said:

August 31st, 9:02 am

I dont think so, at least on the last 2 years I’ve had PS+

le_nardill said:

August 31st, 9:14 am

.. I look for it and never been on PS PLUS. well…. i dont buy it, free game? i have it in ps3 ( dont buy it) and when upgrade to ps4, it was there ..

Vaerinho said:

August 31st, 9:44 am

You’re right. Journey on ps4 was given last year with plus and a few years back the ps3 version. So this is the third time Journey for plus, so lame but everyone seems to be exited for getting the game again so who am I to complain?

ratandjmt said:

August 31st, 9:45 am

If you bought it digitally on PS3 you were able to download it for free when it hit the PS4.

TJ_Solo said:

August 31st, 10:55 am

Vaerinho, nope. You might want to double check what you say before spreading misinformation.

jchill001 said:

August 31st, 8:46 am

so the only thing worth a damn here is journey…

Letters2Kay said:

August 31st, 11:16 am

Pretty much, and I can’t imagine that many of us that have $50/year to drop on Plus haven’t picked up one of the highest rated, exclusive, first-party downloadable titles in the 4 years since it was released. It was like $15 when it debuted and has probably dropped to $5 during a flash sale once or twice. Not that it isn’t an amazing game, but it’s not worthwhile to a lot of current subscribers, and won’t bring a whole lot of new subscribers in. Kind of a weird move, actually.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

August 31st, 10:24 pm

Lords of the Fallen is a terrific Souls clone with excellent combat and visuals.

Badland is said to be very good. Bad games don’t typically have GotY versions…

Prince of Persia is worthwhile.

Amnesia is an excellent VITA game.

So, there is a lot of quality in the lineup.

TrueAssassin86x said:

August 31st, 8:46 am

Crap month i own both Ps4 games and haven’t played them yet and the Ps3 games i aready own too but Datura. Thats a great thing about having money you can buy games you really want and not wait for them to be free. But anyways im kinda ticked off at Plus at the moment i am missing like 16 games from the past two years on Ps3. Whats good for plus if u Cant keep them even if u renew? Oh well atleast the entitled whiner will hush now.

Letters2Kay said:

August 31st, 11:21 am

You will lose the license to all your Plus games when your sub lapses, but they are all reinstated if/when you resubscribe. You absolutely CAN keep them if you renew. Don’t know what happened to your games, but I’d look them up individually and see if you can initiate the download there, or just scroll your download list..

Really need to help us by letting us filter/search/skip/delete within our ridiculously bloated DL lists, Sony!

DMZ_P said:

August 31st, 12:28 pm

crap month because you owned most of the games…. Sony should really consul you for October’s line up then.

Arling-07 said:

August 31st, 8:47 am

Very nice lineup! Good games across all platforms!

Just have one question: does Lords of the Fallen come in complete edition?

FoldupEli said:

September 2nd, 7:55 am

There’s no defending the line up, its absolutely rubbish, not just this month, but month after month, I don’t expect blockbuster games every month but a decent AAA every three months would be good, no need to reply defending the line up, if you think Lords of the Fallen is a good AAA game then good for you, all im saying is your a complete nonce for thinking that. PS used to be the consumer friendly alternative to MS, they’ve decided to drop that status and join MS in there greed, my main complaint is we have reached a stage MS are giving there customers more back. Not good PS

FoldupEli said:

August 31st, 8:47 am

Another really poor month, it’s frustrating watching the games which come out for free on xbox. Any chance of a AAA game, ya know like xboxs monthly one!

TrueAssassin86x said:

August 31st, 8:53 am

Xbox is trash this month,

Earthlock Festival of magic looks trash
    Assassins Creed chronicles Chaina was free otherways especially if u got unity -_-
    And anyone with money Would have got Foza Horzion and Mirrors Edge by now lol

Mac_Gyver7 said:

August 31st, 8:56 am

Lords of the Fallen is a AAA game…

TJ_Solo said:

August 31st, 10:56 am

You wet your pants in excitement when Xbox added Lords of the Fallen. It’s a shame that Sony has so many exclusives to add into the IGC that they don’t need to rely on multiplatform games like the Box.

TarmacTrauma said:

August 31st, 11:12 am

@Mac_Gyver7 Lords of the Fallen is technically an indie game since it was self-published by CI Games. It is a high-end indie with game with quality production values such as Styx:Master of Shadows, but it is not AAA.

iamtylerdurden1 said:

August 31st, 10:33 pm

Eartlock: festival of Magic and a mobile port, AC sidescroller are your free xb1 games. PS+ kills Games With Gold this month.

Lords of the Fallen is a AAA experience, whether u classify it as AAA doesn’t change that. It is most certainly NOT a typical “indie”. It’s far more AAA than Styx, visuals were on par with Dark Souls.

TarmacTrauma said:

September 1st, 9:04 pm

I can’t see many people calling a 68 metacritic score a “AAA experience.” BTW, Styx reviewed higher so the comparison was a compliment to the game.

jasondm300 said:

August 31st, 8:48 am

The only bad thing about this month is I already own all of those games

capitolc said:

August 31st, 8:50 am

I just tried Flower for the first time. Can Journey and Flower be cousins?

glassmusic said:

August 31st, 9:08 am

Well they’re made by the same people, so they kind of are?

There’s a Flower Easter egg in Journey. Look it up in a guide or you’ll probably miss it. ;)

Letters2Kay said: