God of War

Sep 07

Sep 07

PlayStation Meeting 2016: Introducing PS4 Pro and the Slimmer, Lighter PS4

Andrew House's Avatar Posted by President and Global CEO

More than three and a half years ago, I stood on stage in New York to unveil PlayStation 4, which captured our vision for the future of gaming. That vision placed the gamer at the center of the PlayStation ecosystem and empowered developers to create transformative experiences. This afternoon I returned to New York for another PlayStation Meeting to discuss the evolution of the PlayStation 4 platform and introduce PS4 Pro. This new high-end PS4 will sit alongside the new slimmer, lighter PS4, which we officially unveiled today.

The new standard PS4 is starting to ship to retailers now and will be available by September 15 for a suggested retail price of $299.99 USD ($379.99 CAD), representing great value for gamers who haven’t joined the PS4 community just yet. Our engineering and design teams collaborated to consolidate PS4’s high-performance technology into a smaller, more energy efficient form factor. When comparing the new PS4 model to the current model, we’ve reduced volume by 30 percent, weight by 16 percent, and power consumption by 28 percent. Despite the sleek design, the new model packs all of the same powerful components that have made PS4 the best place to play.

With PlayStation 4 Pro our goal is to deliver innovation in the form of cutting-edge visuals and graphics while in the midst of the PS4’s lifecycle. PS4 Pro, which launches November 10, 2016, for a suggested retail price of $399.99 USD ($499.99 CAD), enhances PS4 games by supporting the latest in imaging technology through 4K resolution and High Dynamic Range (HDR), as well as smoother frame rates. Games that already look extraordinary on PS4 will look richer and more detailed, thanks to the more powerful GPU and faster CPU at the heart of PS4 Pro.

With more pixels, 4K’s higher resolution delivers graphics that are sharper and have greater detail than ever imagined. HDR enables visuals to look much closer to the way your eyes see the real world.

Some developers are updating previously launched PS4 games to add PS4 Pro support, while other developers are building PS4 Pro support into upcoming releases. At launch, you’ll be able to download patches for games – such as Uncharted 4 – which are enhanced when playing on the new console. Future releases that will have PS4 Pro enhancements built-in include Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Mass Effect: Andromeda and Days Gone.

However, even if you own an HDTV that does not support either 4K or HDR, PS4 Pro still provides a number of benefits. All games will run in 1080p resolution, and some will even run in a higher or more stable framerate. If you’re a gamer that wants to be at the forefront of innovation, PS4 Pro is for you.

We also know a lot of our fans watch movies, TV shows, and videos on their PS4, so we’re working with our partners who offer best-in-class streaming services to build new apps for PS4 Pro. Netflix will launch a new app at the launch of PS4 Pro that supports 4K. YouTube is also developing a new 4K-compatible app for PS4 Pro.

But it’s important to note that the choice is yours. Whether you’re playing on PS4 Pro, the new slimmer and lighter PS4, or the PS4 system you bought at launch in 2013, you’ll have access to the same amazing games with the same features and same vibrant community that make PlayStation the best place to play. There won’t be any gameplay features exclusive to PS4 Pro or the standard PS4. In fact, we believe the impact of HDR on gaming and entertainment is so promising that all PlayStation 4 systems – back to the very first console sold in 2013 – are now HDR capable.

It is incredibly important for us, and our developer partners, to maintain one PS4 audience. All PS4 systems are also ready to deliver on the promise of virtual reality with the upcoming launch of PlayStation VR. Whichever system you choose, we’ll continue to give you the exclusive franchises, blockbuster third-party titles, and unique games from creative developers that you’ve come to expect from PlayStation.

I want to take a moment to thank everyone in the PlayStation Nation for the incredibly passionate support around PS4. From day one with PS4, we’ve been driven to create a system tuned to the needs of gamers. PS4 Pro builds on that goal even further, and we can’t wait for you to try it.

Add Your Own

Strangeheaven said:

September 7th, 3:26 pm

I’ve decided to wait for the Scorpio.

SCoopat said:

September 7th, 3:26 pm

I’m so disappointed that it doesn’t have 4k UHD Blu-ray drive.

All this talk about 4k and HDR and how wonderful it is and yet you omit the best source of 4k / HDR available??? Insane.

No sale.

AlaskanHandyman said:

September 7th, 3:27 pm

No 4K UHD BD playback out of the box is big mistake SONY, the PS4 Pro’s direct competitor the X box One S supports it out of the box and is already on sale…

lomsha said:

September 7th, 4:01 pm

The slim is the one s direct competitor.

Falcon621 said:

September 7th, 3:29 pm

Still no backwards capability
All hype but starting to be like Microsoft

Red-5x said:

September 8th, 7:42 pm

SONY has just lost it. No Backwards Compatibility for PSOne or PS2 is an insult for us. Someone in page one said something about rumors of BC… Do you know something about it?

Staryields said:

September 7th, 3:30 pm

Good price. I can understand that some people are disturbed by lack of 4k Blue-ray drive, but from my standpoint (I haven’t purchased any physical media in recent years) I would even be happy with PS4 pro version without any drive at all. All my purchases are digital, and after all, it’s for gaming. IMO keeping price low, is smart decision.

jnthnmdrn87 said:

September 7th, 3:33 pm

What will be the price of the original PS4? Is it going to stay at $349?

DZI_SSJ4 said:

September 7th, 3:34 pm

is Bloodborne gonna run on PS4 Pro?

JoshuaTLawrence said:

September 7th, 3:37 pm

I find it odd that people are going mad that there is no UHD 4K bluray player. Who is still buying physical media? Especially when it’s £30 for a movie! Stream it or download it, it’s really not difficult.

FatMaserati said:

September 7th, 3:44 pm

The quality difference between 4K streaming vs 4K on-disc is huge. Not to mention, the 4K Blu-rays offer better audio formats.

Elvick_ said:

September 7th, 3:56 pm

Streaming 4K isn’t an option for everyone’s internet either.

AlaskanHandyman said:

September 7th, 4:02 pm

I buy the vast majority of the content I like on physical media, have since the days of VHS. Right now I use my PS3 for 3D Blu-Ray Playback on a 145″ Screen using an Optoma GT1080 Projector. My PS4 is relegated to Videogame playback in my bedroom because the PS3 is still the better media player. I initially bought my PS3 because it was the best Blu-ray player on the market. That said it is also easier to watch the content on physical media, than it is when trying to stream content when the best internet you can get is still crap…

AJTHELEGEND said:

September 7th, 4:29 pm

Believe it or not some consumers enjoy having a piece of physical media. Not everyone is on board with simply Streaming or Downloading. I do not speak for all old school gamers (43 this year) but the majority of people I know in my area code (age bracket) (yes we have FiOS or HSI High Speed Internet) still enjoy that new car smell of opening up new physical media.

SCoopat said:

September 8th, 8:10 am

Me. I’m still buying physical media. I want the best possible quality available.

Blackfel said:

September 7th, 3:38 pm

You stated “we’ve been driven to create a system tuned to the needs of gamers” How about giving us backwards capable? Its been long enough and I think its time to fully compete with Xbox

Red-5x said:

September 8th, 7:45 pm

YES! You nailed, Man. Backwards Compatibility must be first priority.

ROBBYS818 said:

September 7th, 3:41 pm

I personally dont need for the ps4 to have 4k bluray player thats what i have my Amazon Fire Tv for it comes in 4k now and i can watch all my shows perfect on there specially with kodi on there no need for bluray disks thats a thing of the past.

B-NASTYbuckeye said:

September 7th, 6:36 pm

You obviously don’t know the difference in quality. A regular blu-ray movie on a PS3 with a 4K tv is better overall quality than streaming a 4K movie from whatever service you choose. Stick with fire tv, they’ve suckered you into purchasing another commercial spot for them.

FatMaserati said:

September 7th, 3:42 pm

The lack of 4K Blu-ray support is just mind boggling. Seriously what the heck. You pushed DVDs onto the market with PS2, made the PS3 the most accessible Blu-ray player… and you’re like, nah we’ll skip this one.

Ridiculous, Sony.

KamiHaruko said:

September 7th, 3:45 pm

This looks great. I want to buy it, but I think I’m just going to worry about getting PS VR first. I really appreciated how thoughtful ps was about this improved ps4 launch. I don’t feel like I’m being forced into a ps5 by a different name at all.

MOOKIEMANIA said:

September 7th, 3:47 pm

I was holding off in buying an XBOX ONE S until now. Thanks for helping make my decision SONY by not including 4k blu-ray playback and even if you do or could add it in a firmware update I won’t care because I will be enjoying my 4k blu-ray collection on the XBOX One S. It saddens me to see how quickly SONY is going downhill. Lets raise PS+ $20 in Canada they are to polite of a nation to complain and now this. SONY you really need to get your act up and stop or more people will go to XBOX.

MEK1ner said:

September 7th, 3:53 pm

Sony you must make an official comment on the issue of no 4k blu ray drive immediately. I purchased the x930d Sony Tv that does 4k HDR. I have been waiting to get a 4k blu ray player and decided to wait for you guys to unveil the PS4 PRO expecting it to do 4k playback on Blu-ray. Seriously what is wrong with you guys, streaming in 4k doesn’t cut it. Fix it Sony, like yesterday.

guns_24 said:

September 7th, 4:38 pm

I think it’ll have the hardware in there….u just won’t be able to use it until an update is available (xbox one s). They gotta make $$$$ on their stand-alone players first. No way they do this at 399 in a ps4

DF334 said:

September 7th, 3:56 pm

Holding off on any comments until I see how this goes. I think it is an interesting move that it doesn’t play Ultra 4K movies though and the Xbox One S does. I believe that would be an update to fix that though…

SCoopat said:

September 8th, 8:12 am

no, you can’t create a 4k bluray drive with a software update. the pro will NEVER support 4k uhd bluray, which is hugely disappointing!!

KROY1 said:

September 7th, 3:59 pm

SONY what are you doing??? no 4K Blu-Ray support? no thanks, the ps4 pro is NOT for me, i thought it was going to be a day one buy for me but not anymore.

SCoopat said:

September 8th, 8:14 am

me too! i would have been the 1st person to pick it up on release day , but my dreams were shattered yesterday when they confirmed no 4k bluray drive. shocking!!

no sale for me.

MKPACK said:

September 7th, 4:00 pm

REMOTE PLAY ON PS4 PRO??

Hi,

Congratulations on the new products! They look great.

Will remote play to a PS Vita or PC work better with the PS4 Pro? By “better” I mean at a higher resolution, higher frame rate, or with even less lag.

Thank you!

Ondrets said:

September 7th, 4:01 pm

The original PS4 has a restriction that only one can be activated at a time; unlike the PS3 which allows two activated for game content. So can we have a PS4 Pro and regular PS4 activated at the same time? It would be a great feature for the family to be able to use both together and it would provide great additional value to the original PS4 system as well. This would be the feature that would tip me towards getting a PS4 Pro.

BlueFrog007 said:

September 7th, 5:28 pm

This is a big one for me. I’ll be monitoring how they handle that, and I’ll pass if I can’t have the same content on the PS4 and the PS4 Pro. Thanks for the info, as I had assumed all the PS4 content could be used on two consoles like the PS3 could.

Thwip said:

September 7th, 4:08 pm

PS4 Pro, the PSP Go of 2016. Sorry Sony, I’m a staunch support, but I think I’ll be passing on this one.

ALMITEE said:

September 7th, 4:11 pm

Surprised that there is no UHD disc support. I thought for sure it would have it. This is a no buy for me.

SCoopat said:

September 8th, 8:14 am

Agreed! The news was horribly disappointing!

guns_24 said:

September 7th, 4:13 pm

Sony has to sell other media devices besides the ps…tvs, receivers, UHD BLU RAY….There’s no way they implement this into the pro at 399….it would hurt their uhd player sales when it comes out in the future. That being said, i believe the hardware is in there n they’ll activate via firmware update (like the xbox one s. Uhd wasn’t available until after you’ve updated the console) once their ultra blu ray player market is established…just my two sense

SCoopat said:

September 8th, 8:16 am

its been confirmed that its a regular bluray drive. It will never support 4k uhd discs.

x box 1 s has the drive in it for a cheap price…. sony should have included it

AJTHELEGEND said:

September 7th, 4:15 pm

Sony,

I have owned every single launch console from the Original PlayStation to the PlayStation Go and am a staunch supporter. I had every plan on purchasing the PS4 Pro then you threw in the screw ball http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/09/07/playstation-4-pro-wonat-play-4k-blu-rays Why in the world would you not give the option of a PS4 Pro which would not support 4K Blu-Ray content? Why was this decision made to leave out a KEY component especially when you are Pushing 4K? I just do not get it….

fourfour44 said:

September 7th, 4:18 pm

Well that’s it for me I guess. I have absolutely no interest in this device and have no intention now of buying a PlayStation 5. I’ve been a PlayStation owner since the beginning, over 20 years at this point. But I have zero interest in Windows computers or playing games on Windows computers, that is why I buy dedicated gaming consoles. It appears now that Sony does not care about dedicated gaming consoles and wants to confuse the market with a pointless device like this. I’ll give my business to the only company left that appears to want to market to people that want a dedicated gaming console, and not nonsense like this. Congratulations Sony, you’ve lost yourself a long term customer.

wcrowden1111 said:

September 7th, 4:19 pm

Can you watch movies off of 1TB hard drive on the PS4?

Tigress231 said:

September 7th, 4:20 pm

So did Sony just basically just cut the Xbox One S in half because it seems to me the PS4 S, slim, and the PS4 Pro are just two half of what the Xbox One S is because the Xbox One S basically does the same thing as the PS4 S, slim, and the PS4 Pro just in one neat, clean, whole console and not split up into two consoles like the PS4 S, slim, and PS4 Pro.

xDD90x said:

September 7th, 4:37 pm

The Xbox One S doesn’t feature the boost in game performance that the PS4 Pro offers in addition to 4k/HDR. It just supports gaming at 4k/HDR. Otherwise, it’s just a slimmed down and more efficient version of the Xbox One.

A-F-A-Q-U-E said:

September 7th, 4:24 pm

Everyone in the comment section are willing to own PS4 Pro day one, only if someone from Sony replies that PS4 Pro has a built in 4K blu-ray drive and it supports 4K UHD Blu-ray Discs. Am I right guys.

Shinken17 said:

September 7th, 4:28 pm

hell yeah

guns_24 said:

September 7th, 4:31 pm

Not a day one purchase for me regardless…Especially if they’re putting hdr on current ps4’s next week

Shinken17 said:

September 7th, 4:28 pm

PS4 Pro Negative facts:
Does not play back 4k resolution on most games as it’s not powerful enough (No Polaris PC GPU can play decent 4K).
Does not play UHD Blu Rays when the cheaper less powerful Xbox One S does.

Positives:
Looks nice & decent size
Plays 1080p PS Vita remote play apparently

Feisar said:

September 7th, 4:59 pm

I think we underestimate what a console does with a GPU like the Polaris 10 VS a PC.

For games that run at 1080p on the current Xbox One GPU ( 12 Core ‘southern isles’ era GPU at 853MHZ ) it isn’t crazy to think such a game could run at 4K on a PS4 Pro ( 36 Core Polaris at 911 MHZ ) . It has a raw core boost of 3X, a clockspeed boost AND it’s better architecture. We’re pretty close.

Now that isn’t to say that that’s what the power should be used for – perhaps they could run a game at 1440p with enhanced assets and that would look better – but people writing 4K capability off aren’t thinking straight.

Arcannixx said:

September 7th, 4:32 pm

Will we be able to turn in our regular ps4 for a ps4 pro…or at least get a discount…that would be cool.

Dead-Sync said:

September 7th, 4:33 pm

While I am staying loyal to PlayStation and I think PS4 Pro is going to have some amazing looking games, I am quite shocked if there indeed is no UHD Blu-Ray capability with the PS4 Pro.

To have a company that pioneered Blu-Ray, offer a 4K/UHD console, and offer 4K (or upscale 4K) for gaming and video apps and NOT offer it with UHD Blu-Ray discs, is almost unthinkable. While I understand the Pro is not marketed to ONLY 4K TV owners, it certainly does appeal to 4K TV owners.

Like me, I was waiting on buying a UHD Blu-Ray player and hoping to have a new PlayStation fill that role. Now, I either will have to buy a different brand UHD player (since I don’t think Sony has one yet) or simply not get one. It does even make me consider waiting on a purchase that would have been a day 1 buy.

Maybe UHD won’t be the next biggest thing in the world, but you can’t argue that the high bit-rate of a disc isn’t better than streaming and more compressed video content, even if it is 4K.

So I don’t know, I think it will be good for gamers but literally all that was needed for Sony to get a guaranteed preorder from me was a UHD player haha.

Dead-Sync said:

September 7th, 4:52 pm

That said I will follow up and say that sticking with one unified architecture and system is the best thing, even if there are some odd surprises with the lack of UHD Blu Ray. Having one system is better for consumers, developers, and everyone really.

supermoney2000 said:

September 7th, 4:35 pm

The ultimate question for me is, will I be able to run all my games at the proper 1080p 60FPS I’ve been asking for finally? It’s one of the things I’ve been looking forward to on consoles for the longest of times.

SCoopDogg1867 said:

September 7th, 4:35 pm

Don’t worry people after you have wasted your Money on this new PS4 Pro, they will re!ease another version next year with 4k blu ray and sell you games that were advertised years ago when the first ps4 came out. All Sony are doing is trying to make money out of loyal fans. Sony new No Mans sky was broke, Sony knows you shouldn’t lay to access online gaming when you have already paid your broadband provider once. They can’t even make decent running games now, so how they gunna do it for another console, and do you honestly think developers are going to write extra code for the pro and sell it on same disc at same price for the old ps4, maybe for first 6 months. Watching this meeting was like deja vu when they brought the ps4 out. Goodbye Sony, I had fun on the PS3 but something died when PS4 came out.

zombie9 said:

September 7th, 4:43 pm

Why in the world would I want a device that can STREAM 4K movies when most if not all 4K TV’s all ready have this feature built into the TV. Some of them even have ROKU players in the TV.
But I guess the games will look good OK that is a system seller!

SCoopat said:

September 8th, 8:20 am

agreed! they said ” youtube is working on a 4k app for it ” LOLOLOL

All this talk about 4k and HDR and then they omit the single best source for 4k/HDR content. I can’t even believe it !!

sharpshoot said:

September 7th, 4:45 pm

I will not buy this unless it can play ultra 4k Blu-ray discs I cant get internet where I live that fast just like most of the usa

CaMiLo2707 said:

September 7th, 4:45 pm

What about memory!! 1TB? 2TB?

Feisar said:

September 7th, 4:47 pm

It’s 1 TB

fobios said:

September 7th, 4:46 pm

Sony, dont drop the ball with lead you have… Consider 4K bluray player support

Feisar said:

September 7th, 4:47 pm

I just preordered mine.

Own a 65″ Samsung 8000 series TV with HDR1000, very happy about the console. There aren’t too many ways to show off a TV like that – but I bet Horizon will look incredible on it.

I have to say though – bad move on the UHD Blu Ray omission. If they put that in a One S it certainly belonged in a PS4 Pro.

hrcrowley said:

September 7th, 4:47 pm

Simply baffled. Lack of a 4KBR player just deflated all my hopes and killed the sale. Just acquired a 4K TV (cheap model, and not in anticipation, haha) and was hoping for that beautiful playback. Sony just slipped on a HUGE banana peel, but isn’t that what Sony does when ‘in the lead’?

SCoopat said:

September 8th, 8:21 am

Yeah, it baffles me too….. Can’t even believe they’d call it a “Pro” machine lol more like PS4 Poo

JUSTAME_MARIO said:

September 7th, 4:55 pm

The presentation was lackluster, but managed to get the point across. Pre-ordered a “Pro” version.

Andoracer said:

September 7th, 5:09 pm

So the rumors were true in the end. So disappointed right now.
More than 40 million faithful fans (including me) bought PS4 as THE console to support during this generation and Sony decided to spit on them.

PS4 could have even surpassed the glorious PS2 but in spite of using the solid install base to release great titles and keep selling systems they decided to make pariahs out of the install base.

“Stupid peasant slave, you trusted us and bought PS4 and with that money we made a superior PS4 for other people who didn’t believe in our system.”
So sad to be backstabbed by Sony.

The reason I buy consoles is because I simply don’t need to care about specs and constant upgrades, I just insert my game and play.
Now thanks to Sony and Nintendo (N3DSXL) we can say goodbye to a proper console system like we used to have.
Here comes the era of disposable game systems, just like cellphones
Will we have a PS4 Pro Deluxe in 2017?

My ties with Sony are severed from now on, I hope your new fans buy lots of games and PS4 Pros.

Greatness awaits they said, we didn’t know we were waiting for a backstab from the the Sony mercenaries

Poop-Raiser said:

September 7th, 5:15 pm

Has the PS4 swappable hard-drive? I want to use my 2TB in it

SavageEvil said:

September 7th, 5:31 pm

What a weird way to run a show, light and dark, light and dark, giving those irises a hell of a work out. System is hideous, but as long as it plays games better than PS4 I’m game. My main objective is to enjoy my games at the best possible output, $399 is a surprise and affordable. Day One purchase since I already have all the consoles anyway, this PS4 Pro will definitely smooth out some of that stuff in games out that got a few niggling issues…looking at you Assetto Corsa.

Skeetlejuice said:

September 7th, 5:34 pm

Baffling, an impressive conference on one end, with a reasonable price for the PlayStation 4 Big Mac as I will now be referring to it with its 3 slices of plastic “bread”.

$500 cad is not terrible as base 500gb is $429 prior to new $379 slim.

However without a good 4K tv or a plan to buy one soon the value prop is low here especially with the so far deal breaker of no 4K blu Ray support. I own a good 1080p Sony tv don’t feel the need to early adopt this generation for mediocre content like VR etc.

I buy this is a tactical move to make money off their store and services and I call foul.

As well as your crappy game of the month club tied to psn with no dedicated servers for online an objectively worse service than Xbox 360 and even PS3 gratis. $70 cad is a farce and I won’t support it going forward until you separate the indie club from the online if you are going to hold us hostage to play online.

BathoryBlaze said:

September 7th, 5:35 pm

I don’t know what to think about the 4k disc compatibility thing. But I absolutely feel like 1 terabyte is a joke. I can’t even fit my collection on the 2 terabyte drive I have in my current ps4. This is a serious failing. I need more hard drive space so bad.

FeLiPe_MachiN3 said:

September 7th, 5:36 pm

But But But, why do the Old PS4 fat and Pro look so much alike? It’s like the same old model being renamed as Pro. This really hasn’t convinced me to come back to PS4 since i sold it like 4 months ago. i still have my Vita tho and XboxOne and so far i have no need for PS4 atm

Skeetlejuice said:

September 7th, 5:38 pm

My friend wanted a 4K blu Ray player for his 4K tv, he has ps4 and xone already, he waited and I’m pretty sure you lost $500 tonight.

Some exciting vertical slices(even in 1080p) to Ubisoft I give zero credit based on their track record.

Mr. House and Mr. Cerny presented well but it’s going to be $1000 lost plus ps plus and VR from 2 consumers I’ll wait to see what changes but I see ps2 era arrogance, greed and hubris from Sony. As for your exclusives you keep delaying them.

I’m not paying $550 for VR I have 2 move controllers from your last false promises platform and the ps4 camera and I’m not buying $80 VR tech demos, it’s not happening. I’ll likely sell them right before VR launch recoup my losses on move.

JoshR1370 said:

September 7th, 5:42 pm

Just watched the reveal. I still have no idea why I’m supposed to want this. Does that many people own a 4k tv? What do you guys think? The games on the ps4 look fine! Why over complicate with all this extra bs? If I cared that much about graphical fidelity I would build a gaming pc. I just don’t know. This is wierd.

JoshR1370 said:

September 7th, 5:49 pm

Let me say that it is possible that I’m a minority on this. And no disrespect to the people that do care about 4k and hdr. I just find it hard to see anything good come from this. I would have preferred they announce the ps5

Arcannixx said:

September 8th, 10:14 am

Yeah I see what you are saying…and I would say that less than 5% of gamers actually have a 4k tv right now. I’m currently saving up for a pretty good 4k tv but I still will probably not get the ps4 pro…simply because I don’t think a slight graphical upgrade justifies paying another $400.

Skeetlejuice said:

September 7th, 5:43 pm

As for people not understanding wanting to have physical movies and shows not being fragmented this is pure ignorance.

The quality of digital versus blu Ray / blu Ray 4K is objectively better Sony have been technology Eletists for decades with their superior formats etc.

I can lend borrow, sell trade, physically see my collection. With kids movies my son is excited to pick and see his movies. I don’t fragment my movies across the crappy PlayStation store (for video) I can watch on trips or with no internet or power etc. And physical comes with digital.

So all of you that say it’s not a big deal don’t realize why the comments are incensed because it is a big deal. I will buy games from ps store but not movies or music. And many are this way, why can’t they offer both streaming and 4K blu?

Greed.

GT7? Oh not this year…

Shinken17 said:

September 8th, 10:13 am

Agreed

deadandhappy said:

September 7th, 5:44 pm

I’ve never posted on here before, but after that conference I felt really let down. I’m someone who plays on both consoles with my main focus on ps4. For the most part I prefer Sony’s system with the exception of some nicely done features MS’s console has.
I was expecting something with a little more power under the hood to really give my games a great look while keeping a decent frame rate which was my main interest in the ps4 pro. With what was shown and how much they just avoided to officially release actual specs makes me wonder if this thing is even worth anyone’s time. I enjoy very niche games which thankfully Sony supports on their platform and love them but they tend to get frame rate drop issues in them from mainly the system not being able to handle them and it doesn’t look like this one will either.

hydrochelle said:

September 7th, 5:45 pm

I have upgraded to a 5930k with a 980Ti months ago, I been playing in 4k on my 55″ Vizio Mseries for awhile now. When will people upgrade from console?!?!?!?!? maybe if enough people joined the “PC-MASTER RACE”, console manufactures would stop playing the Apple game with crappy “upgrades”.

EL_BEBE87 said:

September 7th, 5:49 pm

I sound Great, soecially because the 1tb memory storage, although it seems way to much storage mamory, it seems nice.
I was really Hoping to see PLAYSTATION CO.; actually add ram to their “PS4” , so it can read previous game such as “PS1, PS2, and PS3”, just like their Previous Consoles.

Red-5x said:

September 8th, 8:11 pm

RAM is not the Problem. The problem is that SONY just want more and more money selling the same.