Paragon

Sep 12

Sep 12

All the Games on the PlayStation VR Demo Disc

John Koller's Avatar Posted by Vice President, PlayStation Brand Marketing, SIEA

When it comes to VR, seeing is believing. It’s hard to get a sense of the magical worlds that VR transports you to by just reading about the games, or seeing photos and videos. For that reason, we’re including a free demo disc in each retail PlayStation VR unit (both the launch bundle and core unit) that’s jam-packed with content.

The disc includes demos of entertainment and gaming content spanning across a wide variety of diverse genres. That way, you can get a sense of the content you enjoy the most and can even click to purchase and download the game after trying the demo.

Also, if your friends have a PS4 system but have not played PS VR yet, just bring your PS VR and demo disc over to their place so they can have a go!

Now without further ado, here’s what you get on the disc:

• Allumette (Penrose)
  • Battlezone (Rebellion)
  • DriveClub VR (SIE WWS)
  • Eve: Valkyrie (CCP Games)
  • Gnog (KO_OP)
  • Harmonix Music VR (Harmonix Music Systems)
  • Headmaster (Frame Interactive)
  • Here They Lie (SIE WWS)
  • Job Simulator (Owlchemy Labs)
  • PlayStation VR Worlds (SIE WWS)
  • Resident Evil 7 biohazard — Kitchen Teaser (Capcom CO., LTD.)
  • Rez Infinite (Enhance Games)
  • Rigs Mechanized Combat League (SIE WWS)
  • Thumper (Drool)
  • Tumble VR (SIE WWS)
  • Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (SIE WWS)
  • Wayward Sky (Uber Entertainment)
  • Within (Within)

The demo disc will also be available for download at PlayStation Store for free after PS VR launches.

Please note, content included in the demo disc differs across countries and regions. The demo disc with the above content will be included in retail PS VR units in the US and Canada.

Add Your Own

Superstone said:

September 12th, 10:06 am

Do we get any free games when we buy the vr headset?

Yuranium said:

September 12th, 10:08 am

The launch bundle includes PS VR World.

Mercenary09 said:

September 12th, 10:11 am

Only if you buy the Launch Bundle that comes with PlayStation VR Worlds. Otherwise no you get this demo disc which imo is pretty great with what all they are letting you try.

Sangetsu-II said:

September 12th, 10:21 am

You can download Playroom VR, War Thunder and World War Toons for Free when the PSVR launches.

Cilidra said:

September 12th, 11:23 am

The playroom VR (several VR mini games) does come free from PSN download for everyone.

Capricorn-58 said:

September 12th, 2:25 pm

Great News. Can’t wait.

Torreth said:

September 12th, 3:07 pm

I had read,just yesterday in fact, there are a few free downloadable games, but what I am concerned with, is If Sony is going to pull a “Microsoft”, and stock the venders with three times more of the $499 bundle at launch, so you’ll be forced to buy that one even if you dont need it.

MakaiOokami said:

September 12th, 4:01 pm

If you want VR Worlds, and don’t have 4 Move Controllers that bundle isn’t that bad.

You might be able to find someone to buy your move controllers for $15 each, and the camera for $20, and then you’re just paying for the VR and the Worlds at that point.

Doesn’t seem like that evil of a deal. If the $400 bundle doesn’t come with VR worlds, then it’s not even worth it to be honest.

lostinherb said:

September 17th, 6:55 pm

Excited about the VR!! Hope Sony doesn’t abandon like they did they the Move which I still play BTW.

sealum01 said:

September 12th, 10:09 am

WOW!! What a spread of titles! And Kudos for making this a digital download — I prefer digital to disc! I cannot wait to try most of these games!

Dunc7827 said:

September 14th, 6:19 am

you get them on a disc but you can also download them digitally if you want from psStore after VR launches

sealum01 said:

September 19th, 7:19 pm

Thanks! Yes, I will likely go the digital route as it is much more convenient than using a disc. It is great to see so many demos!

soundandvision77 said:

September 12th, 10:11 am

Awesome, so many demos! I’m really looking forward to getting this – can’t wait til launch!

four24twenty said:

September 12th, 10:14 am

Thank you Sony. I pre-ordered day 1 but this just sweetens the deal. Very much looking forward to it, 1 month to go!

avina621 said:

September 12th, 10:15 am

I was at work when the preorders went up. Now I can’t find it anywhere. Which is a shame cause I would pay full price right now just to guarantee I get it on release day

loadstone007 said:

September 12th, 10:29 am

Import it like I did.
    I live in Israel, but importing from France to get it about as soon as possible (not on launch day, though).

E-Rice said:

September 12th, 6:45 pm

They said some units will be available on launch day for those who didn’t preorder. Good luck getting them before eBay spammers get them and sell them for 4 times the price.

sheardude said:

September 12th, 10:20 am

This list is amazing! I’m glad I can try most games before I buy, especially games like Job Simulator where I’m uncertain whether or not I have enough space in my room to play.

Tefrin said:

September 12th, 10:24 am

After getting my PSVR I will only have enough for a few games so this will help me decide.

avina621 said:

September 12th, 10:27 am

I can’t wait for VR. I’ve been wanting to try VR ever since I heard Colin and Greg talk about it in their podcasts.

loadstone007 said:

September 12th, 10:28 am

Awesome!
I thought the core unit also includes VR Worlds, so that sucks. But nonetheless am still very much excited about PS VR (and PS4 Pro that enhances it) – had both pre-ordered the minute they went live.

I really hope Sony invests a lot in this – please don’t make it a PS Vita disappointment (I had 3 Vitas!).

gadgester said:

September 12th, 10:28 am

Awesome

cusman said:

September 12th, 10:37 am

Now all I need is the actual PSVR peripheral… doh!

JeRzYzFyNeSt said:

September 12th, 10:38 am

Give me the 4.0 update alreadyyyy

iREVOLTER said:

September 12th, 10:45 am

Cool!

Free demos with VR. D

AizawaYuuichi said:

September 12th, 11:01 am

Nice, the original Kitchen demo is on this. I was hoping there’d be a way to try that, since Best Buy wouldn’t allow it in their US stores.
Looking forward to October.

NIGHTRAVEN3 said:

September 12th, 11:09 am

No way… so your telling me all of these games are playable demos!?

SaviorMachine said:

September 12th, 12:09 pm

Because you *KNOW* everyone is gonna be broke come mid-October

hzy0223 said:

September 12th, 1:01 pm

I need to know if we will get the new version of the PS camera in the bundle

ReedDawnVaka said:

September 12th, 1:11 pm

I second that question. Are we getting launch versions of the camera or the new redesigned? Also is there really any difference performance wise between then? I would think not but you never know. If they are virtually the same just different look I think id rather have the launch EYE camera. Either way though super excited about this demo disc to have plus VR Worlds (pre-ordered the Lunch bundle) Thanks sony for just being such a game focused company that knows exactly what their customers want, even if you don’t always act on it.

E-Rice said:

September 12th, 6:43 pm

The newly redesigned camera has the same specs as the old one. I do agree that the old camera looks cooler.

MReal03 said:

September 13th, 12:24 pm

I third this question. I would like to know if we ordered the bundle do we get the new camera or older?

BatDeanj said:

September 12th, 1:10 pm

is this for the UK? because other sites say the UK only gets 8 demos.

John Koller's Avatar

Andrew Kelly said:

September 12th, 5:47 pm

This is for North America. PS VR’s demo disc content varies between regions.

Dunc7827 said:

September 14th, 6:21 am

just set up another ps log in but for america you will be able to download them also thats what i’m doing

Mr_Salaam said:

September 12th, 1:21 pm

Great titles! HOWEVER, is this demo disc with 18 demos exclusive just to North America? So you are telling me the UK only gets 8 demos? Will the other 10 demos be available for download in the UK? Is this disc region locked? Why is Europe and UK being excluded?

otaku_no_bfm said:

September 12th, 1:42 pm

Damn! I thought there only going to be a handful of demos on the disc. This is really great!

trutax said:

September 12th, 3:21 pm

This is so much more than what I thought it would be. I am very excited to try these games, though games like Battlezone, Rush of Blood and Worlds will be bought day one anyway. This will be a great way to show friends and family why they need to get in on this. Thank you!

anszbd1 said:

September 12th, 7:00 pm

Niceee, so many demos, I thought there are only 8 games like in the uk. Are there any news on ps vr gun price? Also please make driveclub bikes vr, the game will be so good :)

MRKNOWLDGE said:

September 28th, 3:51 am

If I were you I would look for the old Gun on Ebay ! save some money I was lucky enough to get the Killzone 3 Rifle Gun for $15 Bucks!

bobtheduck said:

September 12th, 9:12 pm

Too bad I’m in Japan. My demo disc will probably include one of those pervy fanservice titles like Summer Lesson, and all of the dialogue will be in Japanese. Will it be possible to download these demos from the PS Store for those of us not living in our native region?

bobtheduck said:

September 12th, 9:55 pm

Derp… didn’t see the last line. So they are downloadable. YES! Demos sustained me on PS1 and PS3. I was missing them on PS4 (in the PS2 days, I bought and was mostly focused on FFX, MGS2, and Silent Hill, so I didn’t care as much about demos)

SpderEclyps said:

September 13th, 12:47 am

Is there a plan in place to make Playstation VR compatible with a computer?

MRKNOWLDGE said:

September 28th, 3:46 am

Not for the First Generation Playstation VRs

Crisperdad said:

September 13th, 12:47 am

Next month can’t come fast enough… Been waiting for this since I was a little boy. A vr set that’s made for a game console, perfect!!!

MRKNOWLDGE said:

September 28th, 3:45 am

I share the same feeling. I was fortunate enough to try them at E3 both in 2015 and 2016 and I promise you won’t be dissapointed ! Truly Amazing. It’s too bad that CRYTEK “The Climb” is only on Oculus Rift I pray they make a port for Playstation VR because it was by far the most amazing thing I have ever experienced ! The Vertigo feeling is so real and the graphics are Super Realistic ! However I am really looking forward to “ROBINSON” It looks as it may be the prettiest of the PS VR games availabe SOON but NOT on Launch :(

SpderEclyps said:

September 13th, 12:51 am

Will it be possible to watch 3D content on Youtube with Playstation VR? The reason I’m asking is because there are various types of VR headsets which enable people to watch 3D content that is uploaded to Youtube.

TjokTjok said:

September 13th, 7:44 am

It’s absolutely absurd how this blog is posted on the US site but not on the European one, just because EU launch only includes 8 demos. Absolutely disgusting Sony.

Oh hey, let’s release the Fifa 17 demo on the 13th!

Chopusa said:

September 14th, 1:59 am

Velpandiajay01 said:

September 13th, 10:54 am

I am very eagerly waiting to enjoy the gaming experience on my lovely the play station 4

Chopusa said:

September 14th, 1:58 am

I think that is WRONG by SONY….18demos in NorthAmerica and EU/UK only get 8 demos?!!!
Almost enough to cancel my order…are we not buying the same product?
Are we not paying the same €€€€…££££…$$$$$

Lets put a LIKE on this comment and ASK nicely for SONY to include all 18 demos worldwide!

petition here!!!!

blakey1110 said:

September 14th, 11:56 am

aahiddragon said:

September 17th, 7:26 am

You can just make a NA account and download the 18 Demo I am from EU.

Clarity_Page said:

September 14th, 3:03 am

Hopefully some of the extra demos will be available (if a little later) in the EU as downloadable demos…. or can we change our region to US to download the digital demo “disk”…?

Clarity_Page said:

September 14th, 3:08 am

P.S. is the RE first hour demo VR ready/ gonna get patched with support

adama1701 said:

September 15th, 4:39 am

Why does the is disk contain so much more ??!! Massively unfair Sony !

Will the re7 demo currently available for Download be compatible with the psvr ?

MRKNOWLDGE said:

September 28th, 3:41 am

Capcom has stated that Resident Evil 7 Will be 100% Playstation VR compatible so I don’t see why the demo available now wouldn’t be.

crushHerO said:

September 22nd, 8:16 am

Will the games be on the actual disk? I am pre-ordering a PSVR from Amazon UK. Just wondering if I will be stuck with the 8 demos UK disk?

BlongTreyLo said:

September 25th, 2:54 am

I showed the oculus to everyone and everyone was in awed. Not a single person was expecting the feel it gives, from jus looking at the massive environment to a horror game, it’s just priceless to see ur friends & family’s face when they put on a VR headset. Overall it’s not gimmicky, it’s definitely a whole different experience of gameplay. Some may like it, some won’t, the choices is for the players and their own preferences! I love how vr is so far, and I can say PSVR is on my list right now! May as well spend that black friday/christmas savings to get this early on October!! :)

MRKNOWLDGE said:

September 28th, 3:38 am

Stupid me Pre-ordered the $499 Bundle VR then (here comes my stupidity) I changed my pre-order to the $399 because I have the ps4 camera and 4 move controllers already. Which Gamestop had at 50%OFF a couple of years ago. Anyhow Now I’m having to purchase VR WORLDS separately ($40) but I could have just kept both pre-orders and Paid off both by selling one of them on Ebay These VRs will be sold out and after friends and family members try out yours they will flock to the internet to try to get their hands on them. Needless to say Ebay will probably be the only place available to make it on time for the holidays. I remember the pre-orders only took a few minutes to be sold out.

jason1040 said:

September 29th, 6:52 pm

I’m so glad the core unit is coming with a demo disc. I originally preordered the launch bundle then got home and realize that I already had the PS4 camera and two sets of PS move controllers so I changed my preorder to the core because I had everything else already. While it kind of sucks that all of us that already bought the PS4 camera and supported PlayStation Move are getting shaft by not having VR Worlds included in the core unit, at least we get a demo disc with a lot on it. I can’t wait for this to come out.

chicmagnet512 said:

October 8th, 11:26 pm

So this is the whole thing, or can we download games individually?