Knack 2

Sep 12

Sep 12

PS4 System Software Update 4.00 Out Tomorrow

John Koller's Avatar Posted by Vice President, PlayStation Brand Marketing, SIEA

The next major system software update for PS4, version 4.00 (codenamed Shingen), will be available tomorrow. This update brings a refreshed system UI, Folder organization, updates to the Quick Menu and Share Menu, Library improvements, and much more!

We detailed a number of the new features making their way to PS4 prior to the beta program last month, but we wanted to share some additional information on other changes that you’ll see after updating your system.

Quick Menu — Music

In addition to updating the Quick Menu to make it easier to access without leaving your game by having it cover only a portion of the screen and making it more customizable, we’ve also added several new items to the menu. One new addition to the Quick Menu that wasn’t featured in the beta program is an enhanced Music section to allow you to discover, play, and control Spotify without needing to open the app.

From the Music section of the Quick Menu you’ll now be able to play, pause, skip, shuffle, repeat and save songs. The Music section also allows you to discover recommended playlists for the game you’re playing and view your saved Spotify playlists and songs. When you select a playlist, you’ll be able to see all upcoming songs and choose to play all, or select an individual song to listen to from that playlist.

The PlayStation Music team and Spotify have been working with your favorite game creators to create playlists to enhance your gameplay. Follow PlayStation Music on Spotify to get the latest gaming playlists first.

PlayStation 4 Pro Updates

In anticipation of the release of PS4 Pro on November 10, 2016, we’re adding a number of features that will support the system’s ability to output high-resolution content. This update will enable the following on PS4 Pro:

• 1080p streaming for Remote Play on PC/Mac and compatible Xperia devices
  • 1080p streaming for Share Play
  • 1080p 30/60fps live broadcasting on YouTube
  • 1080p 30fps live broadcasting on Twitch

High Dynamic Range (HDR)

When we announced PS4 Pro and the new slimmer PS4 last week, we also announced that all PlayStation 4 systems — back to the very first console sold in 2013 — would be HDR capable. After updating your system to version 4.00, you’ll see HDR settings in the Video Output Settings and be ready to enjoy HDR gaming and entertainment content once it’s available on any PS4 system you own. Of course, you’ll need an HDR compatible display as well.

What’s New

What’s New has been redesigned and now includes more information about what your friends have been doing on PS4.

The left column includes the new Activity Feed, which has larger images and easily accessible options to like, comment, or reshare. The right column includes sections for Now Playing, Trending, Players You May Know, and Who to Follow.

Content Info Screen

We’ve given a similar redesign to the content info screen, which you can access by pressing down on a game tile while on the home screen. You’ll be able to easily select from a variety of options to view a game’s Overview, Trending media, Friends and Communities, Activities, and related PlayStation Store content.

Data Transfer to New PS4

In order to make it easier to get all of your data from one PS4 to another, especially if you upgrade to PS4 Pro, we’ve added the ability to transfer data over a wired LAN connection. You can transfer games, user info, and saved data. Of course, you can re-download content and transfer saves through the cloud, but the LAN transfer should be much faster and easier.

Those are just some of the more prominent additions making their way to PS4 in this update, but there are a number of other refinements to the system software overall. Please enjoy!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 4 5 6

JtheSlay said:

September 14th, 9:07 pm

After the upgrade to 4.00 , I am unable to edit my custom superstars in WWE 2K16, I have tried everything from removing text, because I read in earlier versions of the game’s firmware, that was problematic, but that did not help, I remove the text, try to save, it crashes, I tried recreating my caw from the ground up, that was successful, until I tried to make a secondary attire, then it crashes, the last thing I can think of to do is back all my data up on a usb flash drive so I can retain my game data because I’m down to the last resort before I think of sending it in to Sony for repairs , which is uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This update has so many bugs that it has crashed mid match on me. WWE 2K16 is my go to game and now because of this buggy firmware update, it’s hardly playable. Before you worry about name changes on PSN, you really need to address this issue, because it’s a serious hassle for people who don’t really know what they’re doing outside of gaming on the PS4. The average person more than likely wouldn’t think of that, so please, for the average Joes and Jills out there, please release an update to fix these bugs that have been very cumbersome to the PlayStation community.

TorgoCalgon said:

September 21st, 7:36 pm

This^ Totally gamebreaking.

RemiaPhoenix said:

September 14th, 9:51 pm

Thanks for the update! I would actually like to have an option to go back to using the old black notification box instead of the new white one; I just don’t feel it for the new one.

rickhard6969 said:

September 15th, 12:09 am

Since updating to 4.0 game downloads and updates extremely slow and some not doenloading just get to a point and stop.

My connection is fine tested on pc speed test and downloaded swveral large files never had this issue before.

JtheSlay said:

September 15th, 12:41 am

Well, the backup method didn’t really work. I lost all my paid DLC in WWE 2K16 and I’m not very happy about it. This Firmware 4.00 update cost me $24.99 in DLC and the only thing I can think of to do now is reinstall WWE 2K16 because even after backing up my data, it kept crashing while I tried to edit my caw. This is completely unacceptable on Sony’s behalf. I expected better, but I guess that’s what I get for trying to be optimistic.

Arkhaine said:

September 16th, 12:09 pm

Your DLC isn’t lost, all you have to do is go back to the store and it will show there as already purchased, just re-download it.

GhostRoaster said:

September 15th, 1:48 am

Hi folks!

After downloading the new update yesterday, I’ve been having problems with connecting the ps4 with my Samsung smart TV.
I know for a fact that the cause of this problem is due to the new update, since there were no problem before I installed the new (4.0) update. Anybody experienced the same problem and/or found a solution?

GhostRoaster said:

September 15th, 1:50 am

By connecting problems i mean that my TV says there’s no signal

Mujja said:

September 16th, 9:32 am

Same issue here with a Samsung D8000

No 1080p signal.

You’ll have to change it to 1080i

Turn Off PS4 and TV
    On PS4 press and hold power button until you hear the 2nd beep.
    Wait until led strip is white and turn the TV on.
    You should now be in safe mode.

Change resolution to 1080i.

I tried software update (from internet) before and there was an update available, it seems the last update current install correctly. Check if there is an update available.

JMac1568 said:

September 15th, 9:40 am

This is great, but is there a chance we will ever get backwards compatibility?

DRAGON-5000v3 said:

September 15th, 2:29 pm

i can not add a new hdd use it says i did not down the 4.0 os to a usb but i did it reads it and every thing i just keep getting this ce-34788-0

DRAGON-5000v3 said:

September 15th, 2:30 pm

love the new ui tho wish u guys and a full rebuild

Z3R0087Kewl said:

September 16th, 1:44 pm

Got my console back, today after a service and the 4.00 was ready for update. I find that I keep questioning myself on the topic of resolution. Is this mere speculation, or do I have merit?

DeferredTaxAsset said:

September 16th, 3:57 pm

After 4.00 update on remote play, cannot access F1 2016. Disc is inserted in PS4 downstairs but the disc icon shows as greyed out on PS TV.

Notorius24 said:

September 16th, 8:12 pm

Got the update, it’s nice but now my universal media remote isn’t working anymore
Tried to pair but nothing works

THESICKRECORDS said:

September 17th, 2:04 pm

After firmware 4.0 update, my ps4 goes wrong with Destiny. the game crash with famous error ce-34878-0 when empy a mission. i tried everything, restore ps4, change hard disk, reinstall the game 4 times, and nothing!!! someone with same problem?

lilleplutt87 said:

September 18th, 11:17 am

Hi. Trying to update my system software update 4.00. But it says that the file is corrupted. And have tried many times noe. SU-30645-8 Is what is says. Anyone of you have that problem?

Schoumacher said:

September 21st, 5:45 am

OK, we really need to see an update with the ability to easily obtain and re-download previously purchased items. How else would you be able to keep track of titles that have been uninstalled from the system…?

diarka said:

September 21st, 11:54 am

Bring back the last firmwire this new one Suck’s so bad.

marineman500 said:

September 21st, 6:38 pm

I do not like this update!! Is there anyway to go back to the older version much easier to use and it was better aesthetically. I find my self using my ps4 less cause of this it’s just weird and different and there needs to be a way to go back an update.

crashpipi1983 said:

September 22nd, 10:20 am

Lot of freezing… freezing and frezing. :(((
Freezing during system storage check after freezing and so on. :///

Lost connection of controller and shut down. After it you have to reset and then it starts again. Freezing under playing games, download and so on… :///

Kadin0Kelden said:

September 24th, 1:58 pm

JUST LET US PLZ CHANGE OUR GAMER-TAG!!!!!!!!!

VIDEOGAMER350 said:

October 1st, 1:46 pm

When will we be able to change our gamertags

PAGE 1 4 5 6