Knack 2

Sep 15

Sep 15

PlayStation Blogcast 222: The Professionals

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

We’ve got a slightly more intimate show for you this week — well, less intimate than our last show, but still.

Join Ryan and Justin as they talk about their adventures in New York, where they witnessed the debut of PS4 Pro and the new slimmer PS4. They also talk about BioShock: The Collection, Destiny: Rise of Iron, Steven Universe, and even a few movies! They saved those for the end of the show, though.

Subscribe via iTunes, Google or RSS, or download here

Stuff We Talked About

• PS4 Pro
  • The slimmer, lighter PS4
  • BioShock: The Collection
  • Destiny: Rise of Iron
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Steven Universe
  • 10 Cloverfield Lane

Recent Episodes

The Cast

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Justin Massongill – Social Media Manager, SIEA
Ryan Clements – Sr. Social Media Specialist, SIEA

Send us questions and tips! blogcast@playstation.sony.com
Leave us a voicemail! (650) 288-6706

Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music.

Add Your Own

sealum01 said:

September 15th, 5:30 pm

First! Wooo! It’s going to be a good one! I look forward to these each and every week!

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

September 15th, 5:32 pm

Thank you for your continued support, sealum! Hope you enjoy this week’s show. :)

MakaiOokami said:

September 15th, 5:37 pm

FIFTH!

Just kidding. I’m probably still the second. Just figured I’d post an ironic comment before I go make some food to get my blood sugar up. I’m feeling a bit light headed and dang it! I’m gonna be as random and goofy as I dang well please!

paulogy said:

September 15th, 6:09 pm

Hi guys! It’s always fun to hear your excitement about these big announcements, so I’m really looking forward to this show :-)

Dead-Sync said:

September 15th, 6:20 pm

Woo! Maybe it’s because of all of the recent PlayStation news goodness recently, but I’ve been particularly really looking forward to this episode! Can’t wait to listen to it on the way home from work!

Also, with Rise of Iron around the corner…I wonder if Justin is going to get pulled back into the time-sucking void that is Destiny haha. (Don’t worry, I know I am!)

Butters360 said:

September 15th, 7:11 pm

Hey guys, are we still getting the PlayStation Experience in December? Nothing has been announced and it’s almost October. I’ve been to every one of them so far and would like to continue the tradition.

DuoMaxwell007 said:

September 15th, 7:44 pm

Someone needs to give us the answer to a very simple question regarding the PS4 Pro… whats the HDD bay size.. are we getting something slightly bigger or are we still stuck with 9.5mm HDD size? I mean Sony should know by now that as long as PS4 has been out and the number of games that have 50gb install sizes…. 1tb or even 2 for some gamers is no enough. We need something big enough to put a 4tb in now that the hard drive day was moved to a place that would make the Nyko Databank unusable.

Or Sony needs to show Microsoft that theyre not the only ones who can do External HDD game support

MakaiOokami said:

September 16th, 9:11 pm

You are not getting 3.5″ drives this generation.

Hopefully next gen, but… You can fit 30 50GB games on a 2TB HDD and still have a few hundred gigs to spare. Unless you’re playing 2 different AAA games every day… there’s probably a game or 2 you can upload to PS+ or copy to a USB key, and then uninstall.

You can play 1 50GB AAA every day of the month, and most months not run out of games. So.. while external USB would be nice, like you have games you probably aren’t going back to any month soon.

ValhallaOutcast said:

September 15th, 8:07 pm

Is there a Flash Sale tomorrow or will it be next week?

AizawaYuuichi said:

September 16th, 1:24 am

Oooh, movie talk. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the new Cloverfield movie. I loved it.
I’m also waiting for Sid to chime in on The Conjuring 2. He was the reason I watched the first one, and I’ve been consistently disappointed that he hasn’t talked about the second one yet, though I’m guessing at this point it’s because he hasn’t seen it.

Looking forward to the show. Thanks for recording it for us. :)

siriusbee said:

September 16th, 4:05 pm

Listening to the show intro right now. Has Clements started practicing his Cerny-style ASMR voice? I mean, he’s always a smooth talker, but it’s a little extra this time.

KBG29 said:

September 17th, 12:49 am

Don’t understand why you guys don’t have this show on Spotify. This show should be available for PlayStation 4 owners without any trouble, but trying to listen to it on PS4 is a total nightmare.

It would be best if we could download things again like we could on PSP, PS3, and PS Vita, or at least transfer things to PS4 from Vita like we could do with PS3. Right now I typically download the show to my Vita and listen to it at work, but this week I didn’t have time, and now that I want to listen to it while gaming on the PS4 I can’t.

ColonelOCorn said:

September 17th, 9:04 am

Aww shucks dudes.. Thanks for the kind words. Yep, my offspring is a big Destiny fan and yes, he’s better than me too, Ryan. We should play sometime. Rise of Iron is coming soon…

Always enjoy the show and thank you guys for your efforts in putting it together!!

dekelsoncaramelo said: