PlayStation VR

Sep 21

Sep 21

Darkest Dungeon Hits PS4 and PS Vita 9/27 with Rare New Trinkets

John Lindvay's Avatar Posted by

Community Manager

“The world changes, we do not, therein lies the irony that kills us.”
-Anne Rice

Darkest Dungeon launches on PS4 and PS Vita September 27 with cross buy and cross save features for all.

We’re extremely excited to share the game with the PlayStation community, and have snuck in a few bonuses to help make the console version of Darkest Dungeon something special.

Objects of power are vital to player success, and in Darkest Dungeon we call them trinkets. Trinkets come in many forms — from conventional stones, herbs, necklaces, and bracers on up to holy scrolls, nefarious potions, bunches of garlic, and occult symbols teaming with ethereal energies.

Their potencies vary, but as a rule they mean to empower your characters. Like everything in Darkest Dungeon, however, each comes with a cost. While a trinket may increase the damaging potency against protean evils, it may also increase the susceptibility to maladies that wait in the cold darkness.

• For all our PlayStation players we now start fresh estates with two trinkets: a Stone of Patience and a Stone of Endurance, as a small way of thanking our fans for their gratitude and support and patience as we developed the game.
  • We are also adding three new, extremely rare trinkets for players to find. “The Tempting Goblet” is one such rare trinket that can be found from the now-infamous skeletal courtiers, who have a habit of dousing heroes in acrid liquid of questionable origin. To imaginative players, the other two trinkets may foreshadow a looming threat not yet made manifest…
  • We’ve taken some time to embellish each of the four main dungeons — a new background has been added to the Ruins, Weald, Warrens, and Cove, adding more variety and character to each location.
  • We’ve also added a new Town Event: “A Day Long Awaited.” In celebration of the PlayStation launch, this event gives players a Stagecoach bursting with bonus recruits — word has spread of the riches to be found in the dungeons beneath the Estate! Been waiting desperately for that Jester? This event can help it happen.

To celebrate the launch, we’re offering a 20% PlayStation Plus discount for two weeks, for both PS4 and PS Vita!

We’re looking forward to hearing the tales of triumph and defeat from our new players! We have a wonderful community of players on our subreddit, and our website. Also, please feel free to reach out to us on social media with any and all comments.

On September 27, remember to pack a shovel and keep your torch bright! There are horrors below…

Add Your Own

Thermopyle2 said:

September 21st, 7:11 am

Glad to see this finally hitting consoles. Will it be $24.99 like the Steam version or a different price?

How did the Vita version turn out? Did you have to downscale much from PC/PS4?

MajorOcelot said:

September 21st, 7:20 am

Hey guys, have been waiting for this! Congrats on it coming to Vita/PS4. I’m wondering- is the Musketeer class in these versions too by chance? I’m guessing not since you didn’t indicate so, but still asking just in case. :)

SeshiLord said:

September 21st, 7:31 am

Thanks for the Vita love <3

Roaming_Ryu said:

September 21st, 7:34 am

PlayStation TV Support?

Bhudev said:

September 21st, 7:57 am

Is this title going to be cross play or do I have to buy it twice if I want it for PS4 and vita?

darkwonders said:

September 21st, 7:58 am

It’s cross buy, @Bhudev. So buy it once and get it for both PS4 and PSV. Also, the saves will work for both versions.

Bhudev said:

September 21st, 8:00 am

NVM somehow I read right over my answer

Sangrinolia said:

September 21st, 7:59 am

FINALLY! I’ve played a little on PC, but was waiting the PlayStation Vita version!

PaleMemories said:

September 21st, 8:08 am

I bought it on my Mac. I’ll be buying it again for Vita. I’ll be taking my despair to go, please!

TheTwelve said:

September 21st, 8:09 am

I’ve put 145 hours into the Steam version of this game, but I’ve still not beaten it. Would love to finish it on my PS4. Oh well.

In any case, GREAT game.

Lucas226 said:

September 21st, 9:00 am

Yessss can’t wait to play this on vita! thanks for bringing it over!!

cimerians said:

September 21st, 9:15 am

A friend of mine told me its a must buy, he’s played it a lot on Steam. Glad I waited for the PS4 version.

JohnnyVonRotten said:

September 21st, 9:46 am

Hm, it’s still not up in the PS Store.

I played this on my Mac, absolutely loved it, but didn’t finish it – I intend to give it another go on my PS4.

Any chance we could get a theme or some avatars for this?

Chuckbait said:

September 21st, 10:46 am

In regards to your first comment: Perhaps you should read the title of this post.

JohnnyVonRotten said:

September 21st, 11:02 am

For pre-order. It’s not available for pre-order.

Maybe you should read the comment section headline that says, “Don’t be a jerk”.

JohnnyVonRotten said:

September 21st, 9:47 am

Also: the narration on this game is second to none. It’s amazing.

“He’ll be laughing still… at the end.”

Fuhr31 said:

September 21st, 10:00 am

Easily the most anticipated game of the year. My only fear is that the font and UI has been developed for PC. Hopefully they’ve taken the time to play it with a controller on a tv, sitting at a distance and not only 2 ft in front of their computer screens. Also, price???

John Lindvay's Avatar

John Lindvay said:

September 21st, 10:42 am

This is something we’ve worked really hard on ensuring that it was legible on both devices. The PS4 version looks great even on my smaller 32″

MisterJumpMan said:

September 21st, 10:09 am

Awesome! I’ve been looking forward to this game for a while now :)

Doctor_Hank_Pym said:

September 21st, 11:11 am

Day 1 purchase; this was one of my favorite PC games of the past year. Thank you for supporting cross-buy and cross-play!! Can’t wait to play this one on the go on Vita

Kratier said:

September 21st, 11:27 am

i would preorder already but i cant! ill buy it day 1 instead lol

PhillXVII said:

September 21st, 11:36 am

@ John Lindvay

Platin Trophy?

Lodi16B said:

September 21st, 12:14 pm

Darkest Dungeon, I’ve been waiting for you…You and I belong together. I’m going to caress your every curve. I’m going to dominate you. I’m going to destroy you. You are mine, and you will never forget my name.

dhunter_12 said:

September 21st, 12:44 pm

Cross buy? VITA? what Dark sorcery is this, that is making my money fly towards the screen?

Valormok said:

September 21st, 1:03 pm

YES!!! About time!!!!

Vextalon said:

September 21st, 1:46 pm

Can we preorder the game now?

John Lindvay's Avatar

John Lindvay said:

September 21st, 2:41 pm

Pre-order was only available for European PSN. Don’t worry all North American PS+ members will have 20% off for the first two weeks.

JinZer069 said:

September 21st, 3:49 pm

How much will it cost? So I can make sure I have enough for Day 1.

AncLEoniX said:

September 21st, 4:51 pm

It’s 24.99 on Steam. That’s probably the PSN price as well. With the 20% of for PS+ member, it would be $19.99. That’s if it’s the price of Steam tho.

JinZer069 said:

September 21st, 6:33 pm

@AncLEoniX
    Thanks for the reply AncLEoniX.

Will be sure to have at least $25 in my wallet after this(hopefully) Flash Sale weekend.

leoncio15 said:

September 21st, 8:49 pm

This is all that I wanted for many months. Thanks!

MrEmolga said:

September 22nd, 1:34 am

Just wondering, If I Pre ordered It before It was discounted, I still paid the full price?

cusman said:

September 22nd, 4:54 am

This made me update my PS-Vita to latest firmware. Seems like the perfect game to play on Vita to me.

Ghostwize said:

September 22nd, 7:50 am

Anne Rice quite, nice. They’re remaking Interview with a Vampire.

I completely spaced this coming out on the 27th. Been looking forward to Xcom 2 so long I just forgot! Day one buy though! Been waiting a while for this and it is a dang masterpiece! Good thing I’m on vacation after next week. WOOT!

JZJ-J-J said:

September 22nd, 8:46 am

This is a good game, it is also a PSV platform, too surprising, so that it can be portable.

Rizira said:

September 22nd, 12:02 pm

Keep the Vita alive!

RareLight9495 said:

September 23rd, 2:14 pm

Hi!!! i had actually been Hype for this game for a long, LONG time ( and not, i am not the kind that gets hyped and then disappointed, i always control my Hype)

But i have a question, will players that are used to play difficult games gonna be able to have some kind of control in Darkest Dudgeon? or no matter what it will eat you alive and thrash you hard? I really look forward to buying it and playing it but i am a little wary cause some ppl say it is way too hard. Like, you get so destroyed you literally feel hopeless.(Which sounds Cool!!!)

Is there a learning curve? or is it more like, “send them down boys! call me back when 1 or a half of one of the group is back!”

I also love how original the game is, the setting and the art of the game, so congratulations for launching on PS4!!!

Oh, will this game have a platinum trophy or not? not a buy factor, just want to know.

lostdreamer3 said:

September 26th, 4:32 pm

I’m super excited for this to come out tomorrow. I’ve played the crap out of this on Steam, so have been very glad to hear about its launch on console. Curious to see how the controls translate over.

JORDST26 said:

September 27th, 4:52 pm

Hi. Played this game on the PC. No asian psn release yet? The game is not available on Asian PS Store

LobsterCake said:

October 1st, 1:50 am

Bought this game day one, have been enjoying it quite a bit. My only wish was that the font and icons were just slightly bigger on the screen, particularly for the Vita version. I practically have to squint to see the currency icons around the edges of the screen when I go back to town.