Knack 2

Sep 24

Sep 24

Minecraft Chinese Mythology Pack Mash-up Launches on 10/5

Jeff Rivait's Avatar Posted by Product Marketing Manager, Minecraft

Explore ancient temples hidden among the cherry blossoms and survive the night at the Great Wall in the new Minecraft: Console Edition Chinese Mythology Mash-Up. In this new mash-up, you will be able to visit an exquisitely created pre-made world. Wander through the streets of an ancient great city, marvel at the dragons that dwell around the high mountains, contemplate your crafting within a mythical monastery and just enjoy the view as you walk through fields and discover how mobs would look in ancient China.

This mash-up also brings you 41 new skins to choose from and 13 themed music tracks for your worlds made using this pack. On top of all that, the Chinese Mythology Mash-up also includes a very special map for the Battle minigame which we released back in June. Just look out for the dragons!

Also on Oct. 5, we’re delivering a free game update for all Console Editions that will bring even more long-awaited features to your game, such as:

• New mobs: You’ll now find polar Bears (and their babies!) roaming frozen biomes
  • New items: Farm beetroots and keep yourself nourished with some healthy beetroot soup
  • Banners: Make beautiful banners to hang in your bases and spruce the place up
  • New terrain generation: You’ll find Igloos in Arctic biomes, Fossils buried underground, as well as different village paths and materials
  • New blocks: End Bricks, Beetroot, Grass Path, Frosted Ice, Magma, Nether Wart B-lock, Red Nether Brick and Bone Block

The Chinese Mythology Mash-Up for Minecraft: Console Editions will be available on the digital stores for PS4, PS3, PS Vita and other consoles for $4.99 USD starting Oct. 5. And, as usual, the October Update for Minecraft: Console Editions will be available for free on Oct. 5 as well.

So go explore, and enjoy the beets!

Add Your Own

gerneric123 said:

September 24th, 5:36 pm

Will Minecraft: Story Mode ever come to Vita? It was announced for it, but in typical Vita game fashion, has completely vanished.

Oste18262009 said:

September 27th, 7:32 am

I hate these spam things on Playstation blog

God-Of-Lyf said:

September 25th, 6:14 am

I loved all 8 episodes of Story Mode but sadly, I havn’t played the main game even tnough I own it on both the PS3 and PS4.

DuoMaxwell007 said:

September 25th, 7:00 am

You’re not missing anything. Minecraft is garbage if youre not creative and even if you are it means nothing if you dont have the skill to build said creations.

MakaiOokami said:

September 25th, 9:50 pm

@DuoMaxwell007 Garbage if you’re not creating things?

Eh it’s a survival game. If you like knowing that you can die at any moment, and try to keep yourself alive, and like walking out your door just to find out a creeper was above it and blow up half your small house…

You don’t have to be creative to get a lot out of Minecraft. You just have to enjoy gaming. Enjoy the learning curve, the trial and error, challenging yourself by putting the difficulty all the way up, learning not to dig straight up or down, avoiding lava, there’s a lot that goes into playing Minecraft, some people make specific rules for themselves like not sleeping in the same area 2 nights in a row, some people build farms and underground or aboveground railroads.

You sound like one of those people who hasn’t played Minecraft and it just working off of a stereotype, or someone who played it during early alpha and hasn’t played it in 5 years. Minecraft offers a lot of people a lot of things. The only recommendation for Minecraft should be “Try it, maybe you’ll be surprised”

Axellent21 said:

September 25th, 6:16 am

YES FINALLY BANNERS!!!

tomylgu said:

September 25th, 7:01 pm

When are we going to get the combat update? That is what I really want in this game.

VixDiesel said:

September 26th, 12:34 pm

Definitely getting this when it’s out.

I just wish there was a way to create custom themes from the themes we’ve purchased. Some themes I like certain bricks but hate the way glass looks as an example. I’d love to be able to pick and choose from what I own.

sIiver-s said:

October 5th, 4:22 pm

Any word on availability? May 5, 6:21 PM CST and still no Chinese Mythology Pack Mash-up.

kmoberly86 said:

October 5th, 6:21 pm

The Chinese Mythology mashup pack was supposed to be in stores on 10/5… I’ve been checking on and off throughout the day and still nothing. What gives?

sIiver-s said:

October 6th, 4:42 am

10/6 and still not released in the US region. Any word on why this region was delayed and when it will be released?

b4rtz0mb1e said:

October 6th, 7:31 am

My wife and I are kinda stoked about this one. We were trying to purchase it yesterday, but it wasn’t on the ps store. I just checked and it’s still not there. Must be some sort of technical issue. Maybe they’ll get it square soon.

zephyrus420 said:

October 6th, 1:20 pm

Was looking forward to the mash up pack But we can’t purchase it. Minecraft PS released on Wendsday. The US PsStore only updates on Tuesdays. So might be 5 more days, but I hope I’m proven wrong.

jessimarie88 said:

October 6th, 1:24 pm

Im on ps3 & I’m having the same issue, it’s not the store or anything for me to purchase it. I was looking forward to it too :(

jessimarie88 said:

October 6th, 1:25 pm

Me too, maybe we’ll get it Tuesday

Anime4Life216 said:

October 6th, 1:47 pm

question is anyone else having problems with this pack? i am able to view the skins and texture but i can’t buy it every time i try to when it asks me to access it to use nothing happens and when i look for the pack it’s self it’s not even there can someone tell me if it’s a bug in my game or if something went wrong on playstation’s end?

garlandofroses said:

October 6th, 4:14 pm

What good is it to advertise it’s release on Oct 5th when no one can access it to purchase. Today is my birthday and I was hoping to give it to myself as a gift. Thanks for nothing…

Lispywind said:

October 6th, 8:31 pm

I have an idea. Playstation should make the texturd pack free for 24 hours once it solves whatever “problem” they had with updating the store. Who agrees.

mitsota101 said:

October 8th, 5:31 am

I purchased this pack on PS Vita and it did not unlock the pack on PS3 or PS4, nor are the downloads available in the PS Store. This pack is a scam to trick long time users who know about the cross buy promotion. DO NOT BUY THIS PACK.

Bhoppinnking said:

October 11th, 5:18 pm

I don’t care about the texture pack, I care about when the next game mode is coming out….