God of War

Sep 26

Sep 26

Outbreak Day 2016: The Last of Us Limited Edition Poster, PS Store Sale

Scott Lowe's Avatar Posted by Senior Communications Manager, Naughty Dog

In the lore of The Last of Us, September 26 represents the day the Cordyceps virus reached critical mass. A grim day for the inhabitants of that world, perhaps, but for Naughty Dog and The Last of Us community, it’s Outbreak Day—an annual fan celebration featuring deals on the game, DLC, and merch, as well as the debut of new collectibles, and more.

This year, we wanted to create something special, so we teamed up with Mondo to create a limited edition poster inspired by The Last of Us. Illustrated by Kevin Tong and developed in close collaboration with the studio, this incredible design is part of a small volume production and each will be individually hand numbered and signed by the artist.

The Last of Us: Limited Edition Outbreak Day 2016 Poster

So, how can you get one? The poster is slated to go on-sale today, Monday, September 26, at 10:00am PDT / 1:00pm EDT / 7:00pm CEST on MondoTees.com. Again, quantities will be limited, so when the time comes, you’ll want to act fast.

Alongside the poster, we’ve worked with PlayStation to coordinate a global Outbreak Day sale at PlayStation Store. The sale will run for the next week and includes significant discounts on The Last of Us Remastered, Left Behind standalone DLC, select multiplayer add-ons, and the Outbreak Day PS4 theme. Pricing and availability will vary, so fire up your PS4 or check the PlayStation Store to find the deals in your region. Lastly, the PlayStation Gear store is offering 20% off on The Last of Us apparel and collectibles.

But we also want to hear from you. Share your The Last of Us memories, gameplay videos, screenshots, and original art with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and use the hashtag #OutbreakDay2016. You can also submit original creations to us directly via the Naughty Dog Tumblr.

Add Your Own

Benzitor said:

September 26th, 8:43 am

Really really mad…just bought the remaster yesterday….Damn

J_dubtster said:

September 26th, 8:57 am

I hate when that happens. But of all the games to pay full price for, this is probably the best one to do it. Still worth a $60 purchase in my opinion.

captaincanuck88 said:

September 26th, 9:01 am

You might be able to get the difference back in your psn wallet if you contact customer service i’ve heard they sometimes do this for people who buy things the day before sales

As for me glad i finally got this not sure what took so long wish i didn’t get trials fusion for 15 oh well still got 19 in my wallet for future sales

xBuLLeTsZz said:

September 26th, 9:42 am

Bro no way! Same thinf. Here bought the gane yesterday

four24twenty said:

September 26th, 9:56 am

For a game over 3 years old, you deserve a discount.

ardwinna_mel77 said:

September 26th, 8:01 pm

I’ve played TLoU 9 times and it’s definitely worth the money you paid. Don’t worry, this game has a lot of replayability :) it’s my fave game!!

torchedEARTH said:

September 27th, 5:51 am

Sony give money back? I just spat my drink all over my screen, I have never laughed so hard. Sony, GIVE MONEY BACK??? Oh mercy…

Oste18262009 said:

September 27th, 12:13 pm

Such a damn good poster too… Unbelieveable

MaisiePhillips said:

September 27th, 12:38 pm

I’m making over $14k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. Go to this site home tab for more detail..Now this Website… www.14earnpath.com

judasgoat said:

September 26th, 8:55 am

Would love to see more pressings of the soundtrack on vinyl!

krae_man said:

September 26th, 9:00 am

I still say Joel’s watch should have been sold broken.

CrusaderForever said:

September 26th, 9:13 am

Would have been a great day to announce The Last of Us 2!

krae_man said:

September 26th, 9:18 am

They still have Uncharted 4 single player DLC to announce and release. Keep waiting.

wocyob said:

September 26th, 10:29 am

Damn sold out of that amazing poster :(

Link01 said:

September 26th, 10:57 am

This was absurd. Besides the fact that it sold out in a literal second, I was able to add it to my cart only to have it removed being notified that it was sold out during checkout (which a reservation system shouldn’t allow this). I was seriously prepped and ready to get one of these as a holiday present to my girlfriend, as she and myself are large Uncharted and Last Of Us fans. -_-.

Angel-177 said:

September 26th, 11:27 am

Same here, I mean c’mon Sony…Geez.

thromshall said:

September 26th, 12:04 pm

Wow within seconds? I was 45 min late to the party. Didn’t think it’d be sold out in 45 min let alone in seconds! I was going to buy my wife this for a birthday gift. Guess not.

mjc0961 said:

September 27th, 1:44 pm

You can’t seriously expect putting it in your cart to reserve it for you. Putting it in your cart is not an agreement to purchase, thus there is no reason whatsoever why they would reserve one for you.

Link01 said:

September 27th, 4:34 pm

@mjc0961 Actually, that’s how most competent systems work…. placing or beginning an order puts a temporary reservation on an item. There is a time out period to this, but most work that way for dealing with the options post adding to a cart. It also streamlines providing information into availability so you don’t have unexpected item counts/ weird error states.

steeler192 said:

September 26th, 12:09 pm

Scott, honest question: why are there no discounts for PS3? Is it discounted as far as it can go?

Gusterrhoid said:

September 26th, 8:33 pm

This is the second time Left Behind has been on sale for PS4 but not PS3. It’s *really* frustrating, since it isn’t cross-buy like the multiplayer DLC is.

Gantai45 said:

September 27th, 3:58 pm

Yeah, Left Behind used to be 10 bucks but now its 14 dollars.

OnTheBus666 said:

September 26th, 12:34 pm

I love TLOU so much! What a great game. Played through the single player and was completely blown away, then I booted up the multiplayer and was shocked by how deep the gameplay is. The same mechanics that make the single player amazing and visceral make for the most tense moments in multiplayer. Soooo good; go buy it if you don’t have it already.

Link01 said:

September 27th, 11:26 am

Yup, exactly what I posted above. They sold out in one second by scalpers (I’m willing to bet bots were used too). Freaking ridiculous.

COD4MW3 said:

September 26th, 1:14 pm

Well, I was waiting for a new theme (ready with the money) and I found the same theme I paid but now free

RichterNYR35 said:

September 26th, 2:49 pm

Naughty Dog has. Tumblr account? Explains a lot.

Twinheart448 said:

September 26th, 2:57 pm

This is awesome to know. Now I can finally get some Last of Us Merc!

GewoonHetzelfde said:

September 27th, 4:54 am

Have been using this theme for my PS4 since Outbreak Day last year and I still love it!
Question though, haven’t been able to check but are the new icons for Communities and Events been updated in this theme to match the style of the other icons?

discman10 said:

September 27th, 5:17 am

Best game ever…period. Nice to see it still being recognized years later.

swedechick said:

September 27th, 7:27 am

I was so happy to read about this “global Outbreak Day sale at PlayStation Store.” Went to check the Swedish PS store. Guess what’s currently on sale, out of the _85_ “The Last of Us” products?
– The Left Behind DLC, for PS3 (Not even the standalone version)
– The Misfits Bundle
– The Tactical Weapons Bundle
– Gestures 2 Bundle
– Gestures 3 Bundle
– The Last of Us Outbreak Day Theme
– Risk Management Survival Skills Bundle

Gee, what am I going to do with all these DLCs without the actual game? Meanwhile, USA gets a 50% discount on the FULL remastered game for PS4. :'(

StevenWinnipeg said:

September 27th, 8:40 am

swedechick The Last of Us: Left Behind Stand Alone PS4 is 50% off too

swedechick said:

September 27th, 10:20 am

Not in the Swedish store. Trust me. I just re-checked. Either way, I don’t want to play that before I play the main game.

gambit_3rd said:

September 27th, 5:21 pm

Could someone please tell me if THE LAST OF US REMASTERED from NORTH AMERICA PSN have ITALIAN language too or it’s English only?

Thanks.

Korahn27 said:

September 28th, 6:21 am

Will be buying this today. I’ll message you and let you know once it downloads and I check.

GGGGit said:

September 27th, 7:22 pm

Hands down THE best story driven game ever. Fight mechanics were spot on, gunplay more of the same. I will never forget playing TLOU.

Korahn27 said:

September 28th, 6:22 am

Never got around to getting this but have been interested in it. I guess now’s a good time to grab it, even if I don’t get to playing it for a little while. darn backlog.