Knack 2

Nov 03

Nov 03

PlayStation Blogcast 228: Pre Pro

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

Subscribe via iTunes, Google or RSS, or download here

The last pre PS4 Pro episode of PlayStation Blogcast! Join us as we talk about our impending new ultra-powerful console, then listen to Sid expound on Darkest Dungeon’s narrative delights, and hang around to hear Ryan and Justin sneak in some Final Fantasy XIV chat near the end of the episode. Enjoy!

Stuff We Talked About

• PlayStation 4 Pro
  • Darkest Dungeon
  • Final Fantasy XIV
  • Dishonored 2
  • Small Radios Big Televisions
  • Eagle Flight
  • Robinson: The Journey
  • Cartoon Network Battle Crashers
  • Sword Art Online
  • Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
  • PS4 Pro Launch Event in NYC

Recent Episodes

The Cast

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Sid Shuman – Director of Social Media, SIEA
Justin Massongill – Social Media Manager, SIEA
Ryan Clements – Sr. Social Media Specialist, SIEA

Send us questions and tips! blogcast@playstation.sony.com
Leave us a voicemail! (650) 288-6706

Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music.

Add Your Own

Soruichi_Kitty said:

November 3rd, 6:37 pm

Hey guys, which blogcast episode did you guys do the Barbershop Quartet intro? I wanted to hear how it sounded!!

Friend said there was one!

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

November 3rd, 6:52 pm

I wouldn’t go so far as to call it a barbershop quartet (there are only three of us, after all), but that was last week’s show!

GNichols21 said:

November 3rd, 6:41 pm

Is there any news of Ark: Survival Evolved for PS4?

jgrizzle358 said:

November 3rd, 7:01 pm

These off the rails episodes are definitely the best ones. Thanks for the laughs. I needed that. :-)

Robbie_G_lrish said:

November 3rd, 7:23 pm

Anyone ever play a Japanese chef game on the import section of a PS1 demo disc? It was a blast. When Move first came out I thought it would be sweet to remake it for that. Now I’m thinking it would be cool for VR.

UberCactuar said:

November 3rd, 8:56 pm

That would be Ore-no Ryouri in the PS underground 2k disc! The game actually has a pretty long history, including a bunch of fan remakes, and a sequel that was released on PS2. It’d be a great candidate for VR, The people who remade the first game, in english, and released it for free have actually split off into commercial ventures. That said, I think the level of precision it would need probably makes it a less than optimal choice for VR candidacy. I think the best we’ll have in the chef/foodstuffs area would be the novelty stuff in job simulator.

Robbyvon86 said:

November 3rd, 8:56 pm

I remember that game. It came on a demo disc that also had a demo of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2 on it.

Robbie_G_lrish said:

November 4th, 8:58 am

@UberCactuar Thanks for the info.

UNREALGOD said:

November 3rd, 11:21 pm

can’t wait for pro

xWrongEndx said:

November 4th, 5:46 am

Can’t wait to see who is stupid enough to buy this garbage, it can’t even handle 1080/60fps, ill pass this money suck garbage and stick to my ps4, I’d rather get an xbox with forza horizon 3 instead of buying the same console with extra HDR ? lol for real ??

Sereal_Killer said:

November 7th, 4:00 am

You do know that this id up to the devs right? But i assume you just wanted to bash the pro for fun. I am waiting to see how it improves vr games before i make a purchase. If you dont have an xbox and want one that would be th3 smarter choice. I dont want an xbox but i dont have a 4k tv yet either so its all about psvr improvements and 1080p improve lmprovements. Anyway i just thought id reply normally even tho u just wanted to vent?….

GrafUlrich88 said:

November 4th, 10:11 am

Hey Sid, Justin, and Ryan,

I would like to recommend a great 4K TV for you.

LG UH8500 – HDR10 and Dolby Vision. Passive 3D. 240 MHZ.

I own the 65 inch version (got it in Sept 2016 on Amazon) and its amazing. I never had a LG TV and was looking at Sony and Samsung, but this TV has everything I want and more. I hope this helps in deciding your 4K TV choice or at least will be one you consider.

Cheers,

Rob aka Graf

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Sid Shuman said:

November 22nd, 4:41 pm

Thanks Rob!

Nerroth said:

November 4th, 4:27 pm

The Sword Art Online video games follow an alternate timeline which branches off from the canon (LN/anime/manga) timeline partway through episode 14 of season 1. The first game to appear in the West, Hollow Fragment, was set in the “original” SAO VRMMORPG; last year’s game, Lost Song, was set in ALfheim Online; while Hollow Realization is set in a new game-original VRMMO called “Sword Art: Origin”.

The next game in the series, Millennium Twilight, was recently announced over in Japan; it is set to be a crossover title between the Sword Art Online and Accel World franchises. (Accel World was created by the same guy who writes the SAO light novels.)

I should also note that SAO:HR is supposed to be on PS Vita also – though unlike in Japan and Europe (where both the PS4 and Vita versions oof the game are gtting retail editions), the Vita release of Hollow Realization will be on PSN only in North America.

cjkloster said:

November 5th, 6:58 am

Totally agree with jgrizzle, these shows are the best. Really appreciate the continued reading of my posts. Not sure if anyone on earth will get the joke, but y’all have made me the blogcast’s “big tony style” :)

Sounds like I need to make room in my already too large back log for darkest dungeon. The world seems to agree that it’s awesome. …and I swear that you two (Justin and Ryan) have almost gotten me to pull the trigger on ffxiv a million times. Some day… Have a good week everyone!