PlayStation VR

Nov 08

Nov 08

PS Now: Stream Catherine, Beyond: Two Souls, and More Starting Today

Brian Dunn's Avatar Posted by Senior Marketing Manager, PlayStation Now

Today we’re excited to add 25 PS3 games into the PlayStation Now game streaming service, bringing the total game count to more than 450.

Now you can experience titles like the Japanese cult-classic anime adventure/puzzle game Catherine, and Quantic Dream’s interactive paranormal dramatic masterpiece Beyond: Two Souls starring Ellen Page and Willem Defoe.

There’s also WRC 5, which delivers the thrills of high-intensity pro rally racing in dirt, mud, snow, ice, and concrete, and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II, which brings back the speedy and tactical turn-based anime RPG combat of the original while continuing the epic saga of Erebonia.

This month’s content drop also includes classic indie titles like Trine, Retro City Rampage DX, and OlliOlli, as well as a host of new shooters, driving, and sports games for all.

Here’s a list of all 25 games available to stream starting today.

• Catherine
  • Greg Hastings Paintball 2
  • Star Raiders
  • Warlords
  • Rugby 15
  • Rugby World Cup 2015
  • MotorStorm RC Complete Edition

And here’s a list of just some of the most popular games from PS Now subscribers enjoyed in October:

• Mafia II
  • WWE 2K15 (Single Player Only)
  • Mortal Kombat
  • LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
  • Grid 2
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Borderlands 2
  • Dead Rising 2
  • Dead Island

If you haven’t given game streaming a try, you can play all of these games and more for free with the seven-day free trial. With 400+ games, including RPGs, Strategy, Shooters, Action-Adventure, Indie, Racing, Classics, Arcade, Fighting games and more, there’s never been a better time to join!

Add Your Own

SpencerAK49 said:

November 8th, 8:03 am

Would love to tryout this service again. Hope theres a good subscription deal coming out this holiday.

MildObstruction said:

November 8th, 8:04 am

Bring back the $99 annual sub!

nevets_78 said:

November 9th, 7:34 am

Please bring 99 dollar subscrition back this Holiday! Please Sony Please!

MADkenki said:

November 9th, 7:00 pm

Love to see Drakengard 3 on ps now

warlord0375 said:

November 10th, 3:01 am

Out of all the Twisted Metal I think Twisted Metal 2 should be remastered.

StarmanDeluxeGo said:

November 8th, 8:06 am

You would have my guaranteed subscription if the Dead Space trilogy was made available.

RaidenReturns said:

November 8th, 8:11 am

Waiting for the full F.E.A.R 1,2 and 3 to subscribe. Not point in playin only one..

jamiepatrick said:

November 8th, 8:30 am

No Red Dead? Count me out of ever subscribing to PS Now then. I’m not waiting any longer. I’ll buy a used 360 on eBay. Jokers.

born2hack said:

November 8th, 9:10 am

You can even get and xbox one and play the 360 version for free, as in no monthly or early fees, or any fees whatsoever!

Valyrious said:

November 8th, 10:09 am

Bye-bye!

Damolition452 said:

November 10th, 3:02 pm

When can we expect red dead redemption???????? Would be the only reason i subscribe to ps now and dont think im alone there.

Duck_mann86 said:

November 8th, 9:11 am

Hey when is PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale coming to PS Now?

ZanFear said:

November 8th, 10:20 am

Still haven’t used my 7-day trial yet. Maybe I’ll get to during winter break. In any case, the longer I wait, the more options there will be haha.

D-Ott29 said:

November 8th, 10:22 am

Very disappointing, I recently got a three month PS NOW subscription to replay the Assassin’s Creed games and now a week later they are no longer available on PS NOW.

pablikenemy79 said:

November 8th, 10:26 am

Try this on ps vita and No thanks, im not stupid..
With the Xbox One S i can play most of those games and now even the Mass Effect trilogy !!!! Instead this pay “service” where you need a VERY fast connection and a lot of other issues..

Darth_Laridum said:

November 8th, 10:47 am

What about MASS EFFECT 1,2 & 3

Eldofon7 said:

November 8th, 11:19 am

I hope “SOON” for Red Dead Redemption will be not next Year.
Anyway thanks at least for Beyond: Two Souls and Trine.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

November 8th, 1:39 pm

We’re working on it, and I hope you enjoy Beyond and Trine!

BeeYourSelff said:

November 8th, 11:27 am

Ok.

mykamran77 said:

November 8th, 11:38 am

Great additions. There are still some problems with your service. I was very disappointed with the fact that how come on PS Now I can play Assassin’s Creed games on my PSVIta but not on PS4? I wanted to enjoy the game on big screen but can’t :(

meFreeman said:

November 8th, 11:39 am

Why not give direct support to ps4, to make it run ps3 games instead of streaming?

Like me, there’s a lot of ppl who hame a lot of ps3 discs as digital games, its not good to have to pay again to play those games…

Points for MicroSoft on this one…

meFreeman said:

November 8th, 11:40 am

***who have a lot of games***

gameman15 said:

November 8th, 1:33 pm

@meFreeman I highly doubt Sony will add native backwards compatibility with PS3 games to the PS4 because the PS3 is too powerful to be emulated through software on the PS4. PS1 and PS2 games I can see happening, but PS3 games, that will be unlikely.

Tinye310 said:

November 8th, 11:52 am

Glad Trails of Cold Steel II was added!

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

November 8th, 1:37 pm

Great! Hope you enjoy it!

extreme_ver1 said:

November 8th, 12:26 pm

The problem is not with the subscription price, of course the cheaper it is the more likely you’all get more people to use it. The biggest problem is streaming these games, there should be a option to download the fans to our hard drive. Lags are awful with this service and can makes games difficult to play. I won’t subscribe until they address that issue :(

extreme_ver1 said:

November 8th, 12:28 pm

Why can’t I correct spelling mistakes in my comment? I was trying to say ” download the game to my hard drive”

Grawbad said:

November 8th, 6:37 pm

This is not something that is possible. It is a streaming service for a reason. The servers are running PS3 tech and sending you a video feed of the game while at the same time you are sending your button presses to the server.
    Downloading the game to your hard drive would do nothing as the game would have to be made to work with windows.
    Something you would need to do for each game individual. The way they are doing it is, each game already works with PS3 and they can stream it to you without messing with code for each game.

Now, on a PS4 they could theoretically make it so games that are backwards compatible already, work via a download but that would only be if they are already backwards compatible and the PS4 could natively play the game if you put the disk in.

And on that note, I have a fast connection and have zero lag with the games, even during peak times when my internet, while still fast, has slowed compared to other times during the day.
    Your problem here is the speed of your internet in all likelihood.

Warped said:

November 8th, 1:38 pm

I still have the $99 subscription I really they hope they bring this back for everyone and just make it a perminate price and not a promotion.

yunggunn80 said:

November 8th, 1:52 pm

I’ve had Playstation Now on my Samsung TV for over a year now. The service works almost flawlessly and Im happy with the new additions every month. I hope Sony considers updating the Playstation Now UI on Samsung TVs to match the UI on the PS4. Other than that, Im loving this service!

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

November 8th, 8:19 pm

Thanks for your support, yunggunn80! Glad you’re enjoying the service.

PatricioUSA said:

November 8th, 6:24 pm

Any new on launching the service in Latam?

Grawbad said:

November 8th, 6:31 pm

Sony, you absolutely MUST start locking these games into the service.
You can not have games available for us to play only to remove them from the service.
I already am making a concession only being able to stream 720p on a 1080p monitor, which sometimes makes the feed very grainy dependent on the particular graphics of each game to a point where I need to play in a window.
I can get over this, look past it and play the games that I want to play.

I can’t overlook the fact that I can be playing something great and enjoying it only to have the game disappear from the library without a thought.

Orayu- said:

November 9th, 2:21 am

What a joke, good thing I still got my PS3.

pgsloln3 said:

November 9th, 6:09 am

Hi, im writing here because cant get to support … i have problem with beyond : two souls
i experienced a problem on ps now when in chapter “the mission” in the end where you have to photograph the body it gets stuck .. doesnt reload i can only exit the game or it will exit because of the inactivity … when i reload the game it always spawn me at the beginning of the chapter …

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

November 9th, 12:31 pm

Hi, pgsloln3,

I was going to direct you to our support forums, but I just looked over there and see you already posted. I hope someone is able to help with you issue.

Superstone said:

November 9th, 7:55 am

What a rip off. I can’t believe anyone would support this. Just give us bc on ps4.

wwe23mega said:

November 9th, 8:29 am

PS Now is actually an amazing service, not only with the new games every month but the old greats like Saints Row 4 and 2, Dead island, Dead Island Riptide and Escape Dead Island. MX vs ATVs and a whole bunch of games. Thank You Sony :)

Rezznak said:

November 9th, 10:41 am

I know right? Pretty slick on Sony’s part. Of course they won’t make games BC when they’re making money on PSNOW! Yet people still eat it up!

TheShazMo9 said:

November 9th, 5:07 pm

I absolutely love this service! Been a subscriber for a long time. Allowed me to experience some of the best games I missed last gen. Would love to see the Jak and Daxter and Kingdom Hearts series. As well as Vanquish!

phatom001 said:

November 9th, 7:58 pm

I would love to see a tales game added to ps now as well

Monkeemanic006 said:

November 10th, 10:11 am

I really want the mass effect trilogy on ps now so I can replay all the games. I don’t understand why Sony has so much trouble keeping up with the fantastic backwards compatibility on Xbox one. The games on pa now run at 720p and it can’t be that hard to add games to the service. If you won’t work to give me a remastered trilogy or convince EA to then at least put the trilogy on ps now with all the downloadable content please. How about listening to your fans for once.

Pineapple_Trip said:

November 11th, 3:23 pm

I would love to see far cry 3 and maybe 4 on PS now
I love far cry 3
One of my favorites
I ask this one thing of you
Please add it

ferdis2 said:

November 12th, 4:20 am

That would be great (and Blood Dragon too).

Curty1973 said:

November 12th, 12:59 pm

Add DISCWORLD 1 & 2 please….. and BLAZING DRAGONS

whome4209 said:

November 12th, 3:36 pm

Honestly 90% of the complaints I hear are about red dead, just go out and buy it. If you don’t want the service don’t complain about one particular game. My honest feedback would be larger servers as I have a 50mbps speed and peak times I still lag out. And add on support for some games like borderlands. Other than that I thoroughly enjoy the service you provide I know you can’t get all games there’s still money to be made and the popularity of RDR proves why you shouldn’t just give it away. Even at 25$ a month if you play 2 games a month you’re getting your fill for some games.

shadowkid0 said:

November 12th, 8:38 pm

i know im probably asking a lot considering how big the games data is but will mass effect 1 2 and 3 be on Playstation now somewhere in the future??? i would KILLLLL to play those games again! i miss Shepherd and i miss space…im not asking for it right away cause i know thats GOTTA be A LOT of work converting all that data into a stable sub for ps4, but i can hope right? my best guess mass effect will be on Playstation now around…2018??? idk i hope i get a reply!

LegendOfMile159 said:

November 14th, 2:25 am

Don’t have Six-Axis controler for Beyond ? Is there a way to play it ? Tried beyond touch but it doesn’t work on Ps Now (Maybe I did something wrong)

KhanGotti said:

November 15th, 8:10 am

Y’all know they got RDR for like less then $10 right now, if that’s ALL your waiting for save yourself $10 bucks. PS now is pretty awesome, I don’t mess with Xbox so I wouldn’t know much about the difference of services. However the only thing I think should be changed is not abruptly taking games down. That’s messed up, at least give the date of th takedown i.e.;available till… that way we can try to finish a game instead of logging on to see that all your progress is gone. That’s wack

SqueezeNp0p said:

November 18th, 8:06 am

Will Dead Rising 3 ever be on PSNow? That would be awesome…

TailsthefoxPC said:

November 19th, 4:12 am

Hello, Is Playstation Now is new way for gaming on Pc? can anyone answer this question or Brain Dunn?

Brostacheo said:

November 29th, 10:07 am

It’s awesome to see so many games being added, but how often will you have to remove games? Is there any way we can tell if a game is going to be removed before it is?