God of War

Nov 10

Nov 10

Dark Rose Valkyrie, Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds, Mary Skelter Out Next Year

Arianne Advincula's Avatar Posted by

PR/Marketing Coordinator, Idea Factory International

Idea Factory International held a press event tonight and revealed three new PlayStation games for 2017!

Let’s take a look at the lineup!

Dark Rose Valkyrie

PS4, Spring 2017

This Spring 2017, defend humanity from the Chimera Virus as the new leader of Japan’s covert military agency (ACID) in Dark Rose Valkyrie!

Featuring work from Tales of scenario writer Takumi Miyajima and Tales of character designer Kosuke Fujishima, this real-time combat, action-packed RPG will have you battling enemies that change in form and strength as darkness sets. But that’s not all — a traitor is in your midst! Use a visual-novel interview system to find them out and strengthen the Valkyrie Force!

Official website.

Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds

PS Vita, Spring 2017

This remastered telling of the beloved visual novel Hakuoki series (first developed and released in 2008) focuses on the story set in Kyoto. The young Chizuru, determined to find her father, will romance the famous samurai of Shinsengumi through a series of engaging stories and dramatic events.

Now, experience new characters, love interests, and episodes in the world of Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds!

Official website.

Mary Skelter: Nightmares

PS Vita, Summer 2017

Beware! The Nightmare monster stalks you as you navigate this dungeon-crawling RPG. Stand your ground, or use traps to slow down the insatiable monsters and escape to fight another day.

You’ll fight in turn-based battles and can boost up your allies with blood transformations. If you solve the dungeons’ mysteries and satisfy the prison’s desires, you just might make it out alive…

Official website.

I know I’m most excited for the otome game, Hakuoki, and all of its handsome, suave samurai. Which title are you looking forward to the most for IFI’s 2017 release lineup?

Add Your Own

Elvick_ said:

November 10th, 8:08 pm

Hopefully since you didn’t mention PSN/digitally that means they’ll all be at retail [particularly Hakuoki, which Aksys always put out at retail].

Thanks for localizing~

WaveLightning777 said:

November 10th, 8:38 pm

These all look pretty cool. But coming from Iffy… I can’t help but feel like something’s missing here.

CakeFairyForever said:

November 10th, 8:47 pm

Crazy excited for another Hakuoki! The other two look great as well!

OdinsCHAOS said:

November 10th, 9:05 pm

Well this excites me. I didn’t think we’d see Mary Skelter localized at all, and I’m very interested in Black Rose (which I guess is now Dark Rose).

whereymyconary said:

November 10th, 11:07 pm

Does anyone else feel like they are seeing Valkyrie Drive and a Criminal Girl clone? Not saying that’s a bad thing just odd.

Anyways thanks for localizing I’ll have to check them out when they launch next year.

divineLite said:

November 10th, 11:59 pm

Excited for Dark Rose. Intrigued about mary skelter too

TeamGreen615 said:

November 11th, 12:36 am

Happy to see another Vita game for 2017. Hopefully NA will get Demon Gaze 2 and Y’s VIII also.

tony2077 said:

November 11th, 12:38 am

more Hakuoki yes please can i buy it now

lisatsunami said:

November 11th, 4:11 am

I platinumed Hakuoki: Tales of the Shinsengumi and bought the CE. Is this Kyoto Winds basically the same game? Same results? It was rather depressing so I’m not enthusiastic at this point, but I’m grateful for a new Vita game, thank you.

TomatoDragon said:

November 11th, 6:54 am

So much Japanese gaming goodness coming. My poor wallet.

bri0654 said:

November 11th, 8:47 am

IFI, you guys made my day. I’m definitly getting Dark Rose Valkyrie and Mary Skelter.
Also thank you for giving both of those games English Dubs, btw are the “Purification” minigames in Mary Skelter going to be dubbed as well? That would be awesome ;)

Kishnabe said:

November 11th, 9:36 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MARK SHELTER. Did not think it will come to the west.

Sucker for DRPG…own all the localized Dungeon games bar Sword of City.

Keep on Supporting the Vita :). Yes to Hakouki.

Interested in Dark Risen since it is Compile Heart…will have to wait.

Hoping, for 4 Goddness new here….

Hakumen__ said:

November 11th, 11:00 am

A few days ago I checked IFI’s store and was concerned there wasn’t any upcoming releases in the horizon, but I’m glad to know that isn’t the case.

I’m particularly looking forward to Mary Skelter Nightmares and Dark Rose Valkyrie, but will likely give Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds a chance, even if Otomate isn’t my thing.

I would also like to think that if you are bringing Hakuouki, that there might still be hope for Date A Live to come to the west as well. Still hoping for that to happen.

By the way, any chance you will also release the updated Neptunia App for iOS on the west? And on a related note, any plans to release a PS Vita version of Monster Monpiece Naked (if ever brought to the west, most likely with a different name)?

Finally, I would like to know if there’s any chance for Moero Crystal to come to the west, specially after the asian version didn’t include english subtitles like its predecessor (although, I would gladly double dip if you decided to localize Moero Chronicle as well!).

Tjoeb123 said:

November 11th, 2:05 pm

No Date A Live (please? Pretty please?! With Kurumi on top?!?!) or 4 Goddesses Online (Cyberdimension Neptunia) news?

Either way, I’m interested in Mary Skelter…..

(but seriously, if we’re not getting any of the Date A Live VNs, I’d at least like to know why….)

Tjoeb123 said:

November 11th, 2:06 pm

I meant to put an “Awww….” after “news?”. Where’s my edit button, Blog team?

AngelPsyche said:

November 11th, 3:45 pm

Wow~ Hakuoki:Tokyo Winds. I’m stoke. I wish Hakuoki SSL will got localized too…
Code Realize: Future blessings…
Amnesia world…
Amnesia crowd…
Give more otome game love~♡
OMG I’m so stoke.
Can’t wait for next year~

BlaqMagiq24 said:

November 11th, 4:57 pm

Dark Rose Valkyrie I’ve had my eye on since its Japanese reveal. I hope it turns out to be a great game. Especially with Fujishima, the man responsible for the Tales series is behind it.

reggyx3clover said:

November 12th, 1:02 am

Yes another Visual Novel for Vita, but I strongly desires for Diabolik Lovers series than Hakuoki… is there a chance for Diabolik Lovers series localisation, because there are lots of fans hoping for it to happen

nesman1985 said:

November 12th, 7:12 am

i think that they need to bring back some classics anyone agree

SLEEPYsleep said:

November 12th, 11:28 am

3 new Vita games? 3 NEW VITA GAMES!! Thank you sooo much for not forgetting us. Please send us more and more, we will buy them all.
Also some impossible requests…make an initial D game, make a Hajime no Ippo game, send us Chaos;head & Robotics;notes Please! And NOT DIGITALLY ONLY. Thank you