Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Nov 11

Nov 11

PlayStation Store: October’s Top Downloads

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

Welcome! October marked the launch of PlayStation VR, so we’re adding a new section to our monthly Top Downloads post.

One may think a game about working wouldn’t make for an especially entertaining time, but players can’t seem to get enough of Owlchemy Labs’ hilarious VR debut Job Simulator, which was the most-downloaded PlayStation VR game last month. Batman: Arkham VR and Until Dawn: Rush of Blood rounded out the top three virtual reality debut titles.

Battlefield 1 has turned a lot of heads by taking the series back to the early 1900’s, nabbing it the number one PS4 spot in October. Other PS4 highlights included Skyrim Special Edition Mafia III, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, and Titanfall 2. (Whew, there are a lot of good games coming out!)

As you’re reading this, PlayStation 4 Pro has just launched — which games do you think will top November’s charts?

PS4 Games
8 Tomb Raider 2
9 Manhunt
10 Tomb Raider III

Add Your Own

saab01 said:

November 11th, 6:07 am

I think a mistake is made why isnt Titanfall 2 ranked second? By far a great game better than the others after battlefield 1.

Elk_mistral said:

November 11th, 6:16 am

Titanfall 2 as been release on October 28, month was almost end. the real month for Titan fall will be November

whereymyconary said:

November 11th, 9:52 am

Battlefield also has an established fan base on the PS4, while Titanfall is just coming to PS4 for the first time. Also the just being released thing doesn’t help much.

TheLoCoRaven said:

November 11th, 9:55 am

A lot of those games were on sale. Titanfall 2 wasn’t.

DrakonMaximus said:

November 11th, 6:54 pm

Also I don’t think they take into account physical copies, which is probably the majority.

Elk_mistral said:

November 12th, 4:42 am

Ya, its top download. that not including physical purchase.

Elk_mistral said:

November 11th, 6:07 am

Viva la Vita! Dragon Quest Builder was great. Need more support on Vita from sony… O wait Sony discontinued Vita in US…

Mafuyuu said:

November 11th, 6:42 am

I am still hoping there is a revival of Bully in some sort of form. Sequel has been rumored for years and it still has a following to this day.

MATTKBAN said:

November 11th, 6:46 am

I hope the black friday deals are just as good as the stores this year. If so I will be buying a ton more digital!!

whereymyconary said:

November 11th, 9:55 am

Vita list finally got a change up. That’s nice, needed some new blood for the little guy. Played more Vita games this fall then anything else. See how much time Dishonoured 2, and Root Letter gets from me this weekend though…

Fuhr31 said:

November 11th, 10:30 am

Nice. And you will be keeping the VR games separate in all your Store Updates and Sales Lists as well,,,,,right?

flyness163 said:

November 11th, 4:44 pm

Job Simulator VR needs a sale

dmsleight said:

November 12th, 12:49 am

To vita #2 and #6: Your welcome!

vctomazi said:

November 12th, 3:26 am

I thought Job Simulator was a bad game joke, now I know it’s real.

God-Of-Lyf said:

November 12th, 7:21 am

After playing Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, and COD Infinite Warfare Battlefield would be my 3rd choice. Don’t get me wrong, I loved each short story of a campaign but it still doesn’t hold a candle to the other 2 IMO. Multiplayer I cannot speak on because I only buy fps games for the story…!

cusman said:

November 14th, 7:55 am

I got Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 for $35 each from Amazon. Some Black Friday related deal they had. The download version was still $60 so I went with the physical.

hlarge4 said:

November 14th, 1:18 pm

Glad Tomb Raider made the list. Wish it were higher, but with Battlefield and Titanfall being so good, I understand. Great month for games!

DlocDaBudSmoka said:

November 15th, 12:26 pm

Anyone get their $15 psn code for the october $100 promotion? I contacted sony earlier and was told codes were being sent out between today nov 15 2016 and dec 13 2016.

DlocDaBudSmoka said:

November 15th, 12:28 pm

Which imo is a bunch of bull since the promo said codes would be sent out on or before nov 15 2016. Needless to say i am not pleased.

justjony said:

November 16th, 6:41 pm

I exchanged ps4 for pro and lost 2 digital games. Can’t seem to be able to contact sony. Seems they don’t want to be bothered. Won’t buy any more.

Uberfighter96 said:

November 17th, 5:38 am

I’m really bummed out that I can’t find a PlayStation VR bundle anywhere that’s not over 550$

ColonelWEKurtz said:

November 18th, 6:12 am

@Uberfighter96. Well, if the bundle is 499.99, with tax it would come out close to $550. Then, if you need to pay for shipping and handling, you’ll be paying even more. So, you should expect to pay at least the MSRP (which is $550 after tax). Why you would expect to get it any cheaper is beyond me. Of course now, they are in very limited supply, so they’re currently selling for around $650.
    I have an extra one I’ll sell to you at cost, but you’ll have to cover the shipping and insurance. (Total comes out to be around $585).

realquest90 said:

November 17th, 9:20 am

I just bough a vr bundle from walmart today for 500.00 can’t wait to play

realquest90 said:

November 17th, 9:29 am

Sony please make another uncharted drake game I like online more on uncharted then call of duty imagine uncharted on vr and to crash banditcoot go Sony

ColonelWEKurtz said:

November 18th, 6:02 am

Wow. It’s weird to see Thumper and Rez Infinite not make the PlayStation VR Games list. I suppose maybe because they aren’t considered a VR-only game?

GAM3rKiNG_BEASt said:

November 18th, 6:10 am

What the crap?! I would have thought that GTA 5 would be in top 10 for Playstation 4, but I guess not. That is suprising though. I mean, personally, GTA 5 is actually pretty good. Rockstar did a really good job on the graphics and the story line is flawless. I give hands for Rockstar for the amazing story line and graphics.

ColonelWEKurtz said:

November 18th, 6:35 am

And, where is Headmaster??? How are people deciding what games to buy? I’m guessing people don’t research or read game reviews? I understand that people like a cheap scare, but Here They Lie is not a good game; and Rush of Blood is okay- but as an on-rails shooter it’s hardly interesting or innovative.

ColonelWEKurtz said:

November 18th, 6:56 am

And where is RIGS???

GAM3rKiNG_BEASt said:

November 18th, 6:14 am

Not suprising that Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 is up there. Activision and Treyarch, what were you thinking. You guys are too futuristic. I know that this is old and all and extremely too late but i just wanted to get my point across. Come on Guys.