Knack 2

Nov 18

Nov 18

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 11/22/2016

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

War rides again. An apocalyptic action game makes its return on PS4 in Darksiders: Warmastered Edition. Prepare for a battle that will rend the Earth.

Remastered for PS4, Darksiders: Warmastered Edition tells the story of the first Horseman of the Apocalypse. Accused of breaking sacred law, War is stripped of his great power and cast down to Earth to find the cause of the premature end times. Command an ethereal arsenal of weapons and battle demonic hordes and vengeful angels in an effort to find the truth. Warmastered Edition features enhanced textures, rendering, shadows, and post-processing effects, with a targeted 60 frames per second of moment-to-moment play.

For a full list of new games out next week, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition

The Drop

New Releases: Week of November 22, 2016
PS4 — Digital

Alchemic Jousts

Alchemic Jousts is a 2D action strategy game where you discover new skills by combining the ones you already know. Command your elementals and support them with a wide variety of skills. Control the arena and crush your opponent in one-to-one encounters!

PS4 — Digital

Amensia Collection

Experience the horror that kickstarted the Let’s Play revolution. Be immersed in three living nightmares that will chill you to the core. The collection contains three Amnesia titles: The Dark Descent, A Machine For Pigs, and Justine.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Darksiders Warmastered Edition

Deceived by the forces of evil into prematurely bringing about the end of the world, War — the first Horseman of the Apocalypse — stands accused of breaking the sacred law by inciting a war between Heaven and Hell. In the slaughter that ensued, the demonic forces defeated the heavenly hosts and laid claim to the Earth.

PS VR — Digital

Gary the Gull

Say hello to Gary! Gary the Gull is an interactive VR short film where Gary talks to you, and you can talk back! Your path through the story depends on how you answer Gary’s questions using voice recognition and head gestures. Enjoy your day at the beach!

PS VR — Digital

Holoball

HoloBall plunges players into an action-sports arcade arena inspired by one of the most iconic games of all time. Use your paddles to hit, smash, and curve the HoloBall past your opponent to score. Learn and master skillshots to outmatch your increasingly difficult opponents.

PS4 — Digital

I Zombie

Quite a different zombie game — this time, you are the zombie! Command your infected comrades, fight your way to freedom, and let zombiekind dominate the world!

PS Vita — Digital

Iron Sea Defenders

Defend your fort from impending enemy attacks by saving money, stockpiling secret weaponry, building cannons, and driving the enemy to despair. Embrace your tactical and strategic prowess and victory will be yours in Iron Sea Defenders!

PS4 — Digital

Laser Disco Defenders

Shoot and dodge lasers in Laser Disco Defenders! A self-inflicted bullet hell that combines retro sci-fi with the sounds and sights of the disco era. Explore randomly generated levels, complete missions to unlock new clothing, and customise your character to gain new abilities.

Mutant Mudds Deluxe
PS Vita — Digital

The release date has been updated.

PS VR — Digital

Proton Pulse

ProtonPulse Plus is fast paced classic arcade action from a whole new perspective. Spanning over 50 levels, with an original soundtrack by Jake Kaufman and Danimal, ProtonPulse Plus will take you on a heart-pounding mission to save the universe.

PS4 — Digital

Samurai Shodown VI

The age: Tenmei. The venue: the world. The prize: glory. The curtain now rises on the samurai world’s greatest spectacle. Let the games begin!

PS Vita — Digital

Slain Back From Hell

Slain: Back from Hell. A heavy metal inspired arcade combat game with stunning pixel art visuals, challenging old school gameplay, and gore galore. Plus the most metal soundtrack you’ve ever heard!

PS Vita — Digital

Stranded

Flying to Mars is a piece of cake… but returning back to Earth, that’s where things get tricky! Help the stranded astronaut to find a way back home in this delightful side-scrolling skill game!

PS VR — Digital

VirZoom Arcade

VirZoom Arcade is an ever-expanding collection of virtual reality exercise games powered by you. Pedal faster to chase down bandits, turn your head to aim your tank’s cannon, and lean to swoop and dive on the back of a Pegasus. Say goodbye to your boring workout. Full games require the VirZoom exercise bike controller, available from local and online retailers.

We Sing
PS4 — Digital

Release date updated.

PlayStation Music Logo

• The Weeknd — Starboy
  • Prince — 4Ever
  • SK8 — Late 2 the Party

PlayStation Video Logo

• The Secret Life of Pets

PlayStation Vue Logo

• The Librarians — November 20 at 8/7c (TNT)
  • Search Party — November 21 at 11/10c (TBS)
  • Doctor Who: The Power of the Daleks — November 26 at 8:30/7:30c (BBC America)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

Ghostwize said:

November 18th, 2:04 pm

Next Fridays drop will be announcing Final Fantasy XV! Woot!!!

SauceyMGee said:

November 18th, 6:15 pm

My thoughts exactly!

BlongTreyLo said:

November 19th, 10:09 am

My #1 most anticipated game of 2016!! Can’t wait, even though there were other great games along the way, it’s still the one game I’ve been waiting! The wait is no more! Gon be an amazing holiday finish!

DeadPool315 said:

November 19th, 3:38 pm

I can see the announcement now… Delayed indefinitely

AliceLanes said:

November 22nd, 11:07 am

I basically mak℮ about $9,000-$12,000 a month online. It’s ℮nough to comfortably replace my old jobs income, especially considering I only work about 10-13 hours a week from home. Go this website and click to “Tech” tab to start your work… www.14earnpath.com

LeMatster said:

November 25th, 1:37 pm

Unless The Drop gets Blackfridayed. It looks like it.

DragonSpear2462 said:

November 18th, 2:06 pm

Keep the Friday Drops coming Clements ^.^

Asshawk said:

November 18th, 2:07 pm

Samurai Shodown VI? Now that’s a surprise, hope we’ll get a PS4/Vita port of Samurai Shodown V Special in the future.

safej16 said:

November 21st, 8:06 am

I hope so to

ExWalmartian said:

November 18th, 2:08 pm

Abysmal. Definitely not the best week for releases Ive seen. VR games taking up space for real games. And a couple remakes of games I already played years ago. Im not expecting to be wowed every week. But the last few have been just awful. Ever since VR was released, hmm… Coincidence? Everyone is going to focus on that and forget about making actual games

four24twenty said:

November 18th, 2:28 pm

Hahahaha you’re a funny guy.

jetan said:

November 18th, 2:35 pm

I’m not sure you have a grasp on how the video game industry works. VR games aren’t taking the space for real games. They could not be there and the list would the same. The focus will be on the system with 40+million units, not the one with >2 million.

Tommygunnz98 said:

November 18th, 7:04 pm

So let’s see, so far this month we have gotten Dishonored 2, Watchdogs 2, and the new Call of Duty if you’re into that sort of thing. PSVR follow up month and the new PS4 as well, yep those PlayStation guys, doing nothing like usual, twiddling their thumbs right? I mean amirite bro?!

Oh and one other small little game, it really slips my mind, maybe you can help me…something about 15 Fantasys of Final, or Fantasy 15 Finale, something like that at the end of the month, just an “abysmal” project some small independent group of rookie programmers that call themselves “Circle Enocks” or something similar (again, such a minuscule company I can’t recall their company name either, forgive me)is making. I’m sure no one cares or anticipates that one though.

November is such an “abysmal” month so far man, you obviously know your video game scene. Millenial whiners like you are hysterical.

DeadPool315 said:

November 19th, 3:41 pm

Black Friday week, smart guy. Sept-Oct had plenty of big games, but no company is gonna release a big game 4 the week every f’n game ever goes on sale

JayT504 said:

November 18th, 2:09 pm

Is there a chance we can get a ps4 pro supported tag for games that support it in future Drops

implosiveman99 said:

November 18th, 2:10 pm

Hopefully they drop skate 3 next week.

jetan said:

November 18th, 2:36 pm

Samurai Showdown VI?! I’m buying it but man where is the Garou we were promised? I need my Kushnood Butt fix!

safej16 said:

November 21st, 8:10 am

Not sure if I’m going to buy this, already paid $20 for the anthology recently but I’m hoping they release samurai showdown V special later on.

SilentStorm2020 said:

November 18th, 2:50 pm

Is there going to be black Friday’s sales next week in the ps store?

zeil999 said:

November 18th, 7:26 pm

It will probably be the monthly Flash Sale, seeing as it’s the third weekend of the month. Black Friday Flash Sale.

AizawaYuuichi said:

November 19th, 12:29 am

Considering that Thanksgiving Day in the US falls on the fourth Thursday of the month, I’m gonna guess that next weekend is the fourth weekend, not the third. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if they did indeed roll the monthly flash sale into the Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend.

OnTheBus666 said:

November 18th, 3:03 pm

Nice! I’m loving the drop on Fridays, and I’m so glad to see more darksiders! Hopefully this can do well enough to warrant a third entry in the series.

zeil999 said:

November 18th, 7:27 pm

It’s possible we might be waiting a while for it. Battle Chasers will have to be finished first.

Deronte18 said:

November 18th, 3:07 pm

Can’t wait for Samurai Shodown VI

dkarlowicz10 said:

November 18th, 3:17 pm

Every time there is a patch for PS4 pro, my 4k Vizio tv screen goes black. I then have to load it in safe mode and play with the settings until it is back to normal. Can you guys fix this for Vizio televisions?

AizawaYuuichi said:

November 19th, 12:36 am

It’s not just Vizio, it’s LG tvs as well. And until Sony/LG/Vizio fix whatever is causing the issues with HDMI High-Speed cables and 4K TVs, you’re going to have that issue every time you update your system. How to avoid the issue for now? Go into your PS4 Settings > System > Enable HDCP, and uncheck the box. You won’t be able to use video apps or watch Blu-Rays, but you’ll be able to play games, and you won’t have to mess with the settings every time they release an update. Then, like I’m having to do, just watch for an indication online that they finally fixed this issue before re-enabling HDCP.
    Either that, or go through the Safe Mode route each time they push a firmware update. Good luck.

AngeLofRevivaL said:

November 19th, 12:08 pm

You have to manually select 2160p – YUV420 in safe mode. I did that on my vizio d series and I haven’t had a problem since then.

Kevvik said:

November 18th, 3:23 pm

Only thing that interests me is Amnesia which will likely be overpriced so I get another week of working on backlog.

safej16 said:

November 21st, 8:13 am

If anything it’ll be 20 bucks, if it’s 30 or more I wouldn’t be surprised.

Kevvik said:

November 18th, 3:26 pm

So PSVR is showing itself to be the spiritual successor to the Wii in its embrace of shovelware. Guess someone had to fill that gap.

Kevvik said:

November 18th, 3:28 pm

Wow, I look bitter. Gotta stop posting today. Sorry folks.

matdub69 said:

November 21st, 4:41 am

Just because your bitter it doesn’t mean you’re not right. Overpriced short one trick pony games, cashing in on new tech. Sounds exactly like the wii and its shovelware.

safej16 said:

November 21st, 8:14 am

Your good bro.

Kevvik said:

November 21st, 1:07 pm

Thanks for the moral support guys. I was pretty grouchy though, a little under the weather at the time.

TrueAssassin86x said:

November 18th, 3:38 pm

Meeeh nothing worthwhile. Thats ok i got enough games to play. And Final Fantasy XV can f off square and there lies can riot in hell.No day 1 patch my butt.

STUPID_DEATH said:

November 18th, 3:41 pm

SLAIN BACK FROM HELL YEAH SO PUMPED
and that Stranded game looks super rad
VITA is awesome

Fin1drful said:

November 18th, 7:00 pm

Volgarr the Viking is also awesome on vita. If you don’t have it’s a must buy.

STUPID_DEATH said:

November 18th, 9:48 pm

Volger is so rad

matdub69 said:

November 21st, 4:42 am

Vita IS awesome.

LeandroDiFini said:

November 18th, 3:42 pm

I’ll keep saving my moneys for Fractured But Whole and The Last Guardian. :D

Zemus101 said:

November 18th, 3:59 pm

One of these days we’ll see Cosmic Star Heroine on this list. One of these days… :)

ALEX87PS said:

November 18th, 4:27 pm

So I bought a Vita last week and I’m back in the Playstation ecosystem (I had one two years ago but sold it), and I’m unfamiliar with the frequency of flash sales,
Does anyone know how often they’re held?, Does anyone know if there’s going to be a flash sale this month or a black friday sale?

Orange_Sooty said:

November 18th, 6:35 pm

umm!! the whole point of a flash sale is that they come up randomly. If they were up on a regular pattern everybody would just wait for those

Zemus101 said:

November 18th, 6:39 pm

I thought it was pretty strictly every three weekends there’s a Flash sale? Maybe not. Also, pretty sure I remember there being a Black Friday sale every year.

zeil999 said:

November 18th, 7:32 pm

There’s a Flash Sale every third Friday of the month that lasts through that weekend. And Orange_Sooty, the point of a Flash sale is that the sale doesn’t last longer than a few days instead of the normal week long sale. As in “here and gone in a FLASH”

ALEX87PS said:

November 18th, 10:12 pm

Thanks for replying everyone!, I guess I’ll keep my hopes up for both a flash sale and a black friday sale :)
    I already bought a few games on the 10th anniversary sale, but hey, it never hurts to see a few vita must-play or psone classics games on sale ;)

takaithepanda said:

November 18th, 4:31 pm

I’m excited for Amnesia. As a side note, any predictions for December’s plus lineup? It’s getting to be that time again!

Orayu- said:

November 18th, 4:46 pm

The only decent game on that list is Darksiders and its a “remaster”, PS4 need to start bringing some good games for real instead of those generic indies while all the triple A titles getting delayed over & over again.

Orange_Sooty said:

November 18th, 6:36 pm

Are you for real there have been a load of Triple AAA titles released as of recent.

AlbaMeira said:

November 18th, 4:47 pm

Looks like I gotta buy this. Now do the same with KOF Maximum Impact/KOF Maximum Impact 2 ( KOF 2006). and you’ll have yourself a deal. I wont have to use the Singapore PSN account on my PS3 anymore.

Seriously the games already coded for use on PS3. Now get them to do it for PS4 and I can record myself playing this title again.

BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

November 18th, 5:11 pm

Damn that VirZoom bike is $400 lol. I think a vr workout program could be super fun (although sweating inside the helmet is an issue).

gohan16ken said:

November 18th, 5:21 pm

Is Samurai Shodown VI a PS2 Classics or a ACA NeoGeo? Thanks.

NeoStrayCat said:

November 18th, 9:31 pm

Nope, its apparently going it be a port of the PS2 version (Similar to how KOF 2000 and Metal Slug Anthology was).

What I find weird, is that the only way to play SS6 in English was the SamSho Anthology (which had everything unlocked from the start).

This port by itself however, seems to be similar to the stand alone JP PS2 version where you have to unlock everything, which will take some time, however. (Though it would have been nice if it was the Anthology version, but oh well.)

safej16 said:

November 21st, 8:20 am

Probably a Geo-Neo port, if it was a ps2 Classic it would said It in the title….. Or it might as well have been the anthology since that was released on ps2.

safej16 said:

November 21st, 8:23 am

@Neostraycat huh I didn’t know VI was a stand alone game for ps2 in JP.

BretBaber said:

November 18th, 5:30 pm

I keep clicking on these every week hoping that I’ll see the Final Fantasy IX HD version that Steam and mobile got. Like a gysahl pickle, I’m always left wanting…

Tinye310 said:

November 18th, 6:59 pm

oo.O Slain on Ps Vita! Was waitin for that!

ladyara said:

November 19th, 12:22 am

Excited for Slain on Vita, been long since I spotted a good Vita action game

ladyara said:

November 19th, 10:50 am

Hey I have looked and there is only Slain Back from Hell for PS4 which is great, but you mentioned it is for Vita!
    Is it coming out for Vita too?

KDaddy463 said:

November 19th, 8:13 am

Another week goes by and still no Ape Escape 3.

gameman15 said:

November 19th, 8:49 am

Yeah, I would prefer actual backwards compatibility with PS2 games (along with PS1 games) on PS4 where you can just put the disc in and the game will install and become playable, but I know it’s never gonna happen. So I might as well just dig into the PS2 games on PS4 gig. However, until Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 becomes available on PS4, I’m still keeping my PS2. Other games on the other hand, I can just re-acquire them on PS3, GameCube, PC, and/or Wii.

deezmfg88 said:

November 20th, 8:59 pm

lol die hard fan right here

safej16 said:

November 21st, 8:30 am

@Gameman15 yea I don’t like rebuying the same games I already have on my ps2/PS3 either but what makes it worth while to me atleast is that you can earn trophies. A feature I wanted for the ps2 classics on PS3.

Apollyon_Vice said:

November 19th, 8:50 am

Will Samurai Shodown VI support online play or is it just a ported title?

God-Of-Lyf said:

November 19th, 2:33 pm

2-32 Players (Online) just for you bruh…! LOL

genuinexeal said:

November 20th, 12:36 am

Slain: Back from Hell is only for Vita? A PS4 version would be much appreciated. Thank you.

BluSpykz said:

November 20th, 8:21 am

Slain is on PS4 already (at least in the EU market so assumably the US market too) – Vita had been delayed up until this point.

Speaking of which… Any news on cross buy ?

SergeOTT said:

November 20th, 12:53 am

Please give us Shadow Man 2 and Time Splitters.

baniann said:

November 20th, 11:09 am

Looking forward to the Amnesia Collection!

magicfan345 said:

November 20th, 11:32 am

Sony, while you guys are promoting remasters and re-releases, please consider a PS4 remaster collection of Infamous, Infamous 2, and Infamous Festival of Blood.
Also, I am still waiting to see Plants vs Zombies 2: Its About Time come over to PlayStation.

LEFT__4__DEAD__2 said:

November 20th, 4:06 pm

Love PlayStations releases every week

KOOLWIIP said:

November 20th, 5:11 pm

i wish we could get a remaster of samurai showdown 2. i think that was one of the best out of the series

safej16 said:

November 21st, 8:32 am

I used to have the arcade and man I rocked that every single day in the morning and after school. Will always be my #1 favorite.

chris_tane said:

November 20th, 7:28 pm

Nothing for me this week, but I do have a hefty backlog to go through, so I’m not complaining.

cusman said:

November 21st, 4:21 am

War, war never changes, except when it has been warmastered

weekendroadyhk said:

November 21st, 2:55 pm

Been waiting for We Sing since it was announced. Going to be a genre-buster for singing games.

Dorfdad said:

November 22nd, 7:18 am

When do these games become available? I can’t find Darksiders on PSN at all while I see on other sites people already are downloading it / playing it. Was there an issue with the US release? or something??

danielharring309 said:

November 22nd, 10:04 am

Their is a game that was on PS1 that needs remaking or brought up to PS4 its Legend of Dragoons

WyckedAnkh said:

November 22nd, 11:15 am

It was mentioned that Amnesia would have a discount for PS+ members for a couple weeks but I’m not seeing it…

Welmosca said:

November 24th, 10:26 am

What a shame to see Darksiders 1 being recycled.

But anyway…I’ll be getting that Samurai Shodown when I see it on sale…could buy at high price to support SNK but…sorry Sony,you ask too much of games that shouldn’t be more than $5 from the start.