Knack 2

Nov 25

Nov 25

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 11/29/2016

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

A long-awaited adventure is about to begin. Final Fantasy XV launches next week on PS4.

Royalty. Sacrifice. Friendship. Final Fantasy XV tells the story of the young Prince Noctis. On his way to meet his betrothed, Noctis and his three closest friends are shaken by the news that his kingdom has been invaded by an overwhelming foe. Now, the small group must separate truth from falsehood, and save an entire kingdom — and a legacy.

Explore a gorgeous open world, battle towering monsters, and empower Noctis and his party with extraordinary abilities in one of the most anticipated RPGs of this generation. Will the royal bloodline be broken? Or will justice find its way to the kingdom of Lucis?

For a full list of new games coming to PlayStation this week, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

The Drop

New Releases: Week of November 29, 2016
Aqua Moto Racing Utopia
PS4 — Digital

Aqua Moto Racing Utopia

Experience high speed and nerve-wracking tension in a world of pure racing on waves so state-of-the-art you need to feel them to believe them. Explore and discover secret passages in dreamlike exotic locations like the Amazon, Tropics, Greece, and the Mangrove swamplands. Landing that perfect stunt in a narrow canal will put a smile on your face!

Arcade Archives Neo Geo Metal Slug
PS4 — Digital (Out 11/28)

Arcade Archives Neo Geo Metal Slug

Metal Slug is the original entry in one of the most famous action game series ever released. It was originally released by SNK in 1996. Players control Marco and Tarma who belong to the Special Forces team known as the Peregrine Falcon Squad. They fight to defeat General Donald Morden, in an effort to take back their stolen weapon known as the Metal Slug.

Battalion Commander
PS4 — Digital (Out 12/1)

Battalion Commander

The Motherland needs you… again! Strange activity is detected in the North, so grab your guns, rockets, and grenades and secure the territory. About face! March!

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
PS4 — Digital

Clockwork Tales of Glass and Ink

Delve into this exciting detective adventure game with a steampunk twist! Strange earthquakes are causing the world’s cities to crumble to ruin. The brilliant Dr. Ambrose Ink hopes to expose the underlying cause of this phenomenon, but he needs the assistance of his longtime friend, Agent Evangeline Glass. The heroine will have to storm the castle of the General Engineer of Gottland to find out the truth and stop the cataclysm.

PS4 — Retail

The Crew Ultimate Edition

Step into the driver’s seat for the definitive online racing experience in The Crew Ultimate Edition, the supercharged, all-inclusive edition of the revolutionary action-driving game. Get behind the wheel. Your crew is waiting.

Crystal Rift
PS4, PS VR — Digital

Crystal Rift

A grid-based dungeon-crawler in classic first person perspective. Crystal Rift is inspired by classic dungeon games such as Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder with grid-based movement. It has been developed primarily for VR, but is also a great experience for those without headsets.

Destroy All Humans 2
PS4 — Digital

Destroy All Humans 2

Assume the role of the human-hating alien Crypto once again, in the sci-fi action adventure spoof, bound to enslave mankind. Take revenge on humanity for destroying your mothership. Take on new enemies such as secret agents, giant creatures, Soviet Forces, and even ninja warriors in an expanded open-world.

The Dwarves
PS4 — Digital, Retail (Out 12/1)

Dwarves

The Dwarves is a fantasy role-playing game with a strong story and tactically challenging real-time battles. 15 playable heroes, each with individual skills, are to be deployed cleverly. Take on superior numbers of orcs, ogres, älfs, bögnilim, zombies, dark mages, and many more foes, to give them the low-down.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Final Fantasy XV

Noctis, crown prince of the magical Kingdom of Lucis, embarks on a quest to reclaim his homeland in this action RPG. Take up the steering wheel and hit the road with your colorful companions to explore a vast and breathtaking world. Invoke the power of your ancestors and effortlessly warp through the air in thrilling combat. Longtime fans and fresh faces alike, get ready to experience cutting-edge interactive entertainment in this fantasy based on reality.

How We Soar
PS4 — Digital

How We Soar

How We Soar is a VR flight experience that lets you take up the reins of a beautiful, giant Phoenix and explore an enchanting papercraft world. Seated on the back of this mythical creature, fly throughout the diaries and works of the “Author.” Reconstruct and bring life to the pages of his creations, uncovering his personal story as you soar.

PS Vita — Digital

Hue

Hue is a vibrant, award-winning puzzle adventure, where you alter the world by changing its background color. You explore a dangerous grey land, unearthing colored fragments on a journey to find your missing mother.

Industry Giant 2
PS4 — Digital (Out 11/30)

The release date has been updated.

The Keeper of 4 Elements
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Out 12/1)

Keeper of 4 Elements

The Dark Lord invaded the mystic island to uncover the secrets of ancient magic and use it for his evil deeds. But the island has a powerful protector — a wise monk wielding the power of four elements. Rise to the island’s defence using the elemental towers and devastating spells, which can fend off any enemy.

PS Vita — Digital

Neon Chrome

Neon Chrome is a ruthless top-down cyberpunk shooter with rogue-like elements. Blast your way through enemies and walls with guns and cybernetic abilities. Experiment with different roles like the Hacker or the Cyber Psycho. Upgrade your character stats, discover new cybernetic enhancements,and build up strength. Every death is a new beginning.

Pinball FX2 VR
PS VR — Digital

Pinball FX2 VR

Experience digital pinball as never before in Pinball FX2 VR, a groundbreaking new pinball game from the digital pinball pioneers Zen Studios! Pinball FX2 VR features advanced physics, detailed 3D graphics, and original tables from the pinball wizards at Zen.

Rock ‘N Racing Off Road DX
PS4 — Digital

Rock N Racing Off Road DX

Get ready to enjoy Off Road races with your friends and family! Rock’N Racing Off Road DX offers the most entertaining and exciting races, with loads of skids, crashes, and amazing jumps.

Space Overlords
PS4, PS Vita — Digital

The release date has been updated.

Steep
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Steep

Ride a massive open world across the Alps, where the powder is always fresh and the run never ends. The mountain is yours to explore. So strap in, suit up, and drop in.

Steins;Gate 0
PS4, PS Vita — Digital, Retail

SteinsGate 0

Steins;Gate 0 is the sequel to the best-selling visual novel, set around a group of students who accidentally change time and history with a science experiment, endangering humankind. Steins;Gate 0 tells the story of what happens when they fail to fix their mistake…

WinKings
PS4 — Digital (Out 12/1)

WinKings

WinKings is a 2D platform game which throws you into a fantasy Vikings era. It’s a party game with gorgeous graphics and sound design. It can be played in single-player mode as well as in local multiplayer. Different and unique worlds, characters, enemies, and weapons make for engaging gameplay.

PlayStation Music Logo

• Childish Gambino – Awaken, My Love!
  • Deadmau5 – W:/2016Album/
  • John Legend – Darkness And Light

PlayStation Vue Logo

• The Simpsons Marathon- Daily Through December 6 (FXX)
  • Incorporated- November 30 at 10/9c (Syfy)
  • 25 Days of Christmas- December 1-25 (Freeform)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

Malfunction-3000 said:

November 25th, 2:07 pm

Super hyped for FFXV ^.^
I’ll be hiding under a rock from everyone once this game comes out lol

Ghostwize said:

November 25th, 2:07 pm

Boing! Schwing! Sploosh!

10 years later and it’s finally here. I have a 10 year old boy now. When this game was announced…..I did not… :D

MakaiOokami said:

November 26th, 1:45 am

They should have called it “Final Fantasy Forever”

Hopefully it reviews better than Duke Nukem Forever.

Fedast said:

November 28th, 4:28 am

You’re probably going to play Final Fantasy XVI with your grandchild.

SauceyMGee said:

November 25th, 2:07 pm

The time for FF XV has finally come!
Can’t wait to pick up my limited edition on Tuesday!

Kishnabe said:

November 25th, 3:21 pm

Nice, excited to see it release as well. Can’t believe it is happening just like the Last Guardian. Kingdom Hearts 3 as well..

Loco4FourLoko said:

November 28th, 6:02 am

Holy **** i know this guy ^^^ lol
    Such a small playstation world.

SauceyMGee said:

November 28th, 7:41 pm

@ Kishnabe
    I know, right!?!
    Awesome all these games are finally coming out!

@ Loco4FourLoco
    It is a small PS world :p
    Pretty sure I met you on Ragnarok Odyssey, if I remember correctly!

ZanFear said:

November 25th, 2:16 pm

Still don’t see Red Faction PS4 on the store (Canada). When is that going to come out? It was on the store update on Tuesday. Haven’t seen the trophies registered online either.

Elk_mistral said:

November 25th, 3:41 pm

i can’t find it

ItsJustEmman said:

November 25th, 11:07 pm

It’s coming out on Dec 6.

MapleStory said:

November 25th, 2:30 pm

10 long, patiently awaited years later and Final Fantasy Versus XIII (XV) has finally become a reality. It almost feels surreal! Huge congrats to Square-Enix for finally making it through development-hell.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We should all be thankful that we’re all still alive and healthy to have witnessed the long journey that is Final Fantasy XV’s release.

Kevvik said:

November 26th, 9:21 pm

Between this and Last Guardian in a few weeks we end a couple of the longest waits for games. Keeps my hopes alive for Beyond Good & Evil 2.

DragonSpear2462 said:

November 25th, 2:32 pm

Final Fantasy XV, 10 years of wait….It’s finally here T_T

(Thanks for the Friday Drop again Clements!)

Hayterfan said:

November 25th, 2:45 pm

Welp nothing for me this week…….well except for something ive been waiting 10 long years for, also all the crap I ordered off Amazon

Quibs said:

November 25th, 3:04 pm

FFXV!!
Also want to check out Steins; Gate 0.

Kishnabe said:

November 25th, 3:25 pm

4 +1(not ready? Bat Command) Vita games wow.

Knew about Stein Gato 0, heard Battalion Commander is coming to the Vita as well… 4 Keeper of the Elements as well by the end of the month too. Neon Chrome…knew it will be on the Vita…did not expect this week.

Stealth: Hue and Space Overlords. Heard nothing about….liking the surprises each week.

Wanted Corp last week…as well.

TrueAssassin86x said:

November 25th, 3:37 pm

Wait !! Destroy All Humans 2 is coming out, f Final Fantasy XV and Steep i want Destroy All humans 2

howismydriving95 said:

November 25th, 7:53 pm

I FEEL YOU SO HARD. I will have achieved a life goal to have those 2 on my ps4. DAH was one of the first that really got me into games.

Superstone said:

November 25th, 3:53 pm

OMG look @ all the Vita games. For those who support the Vita a big thank you.

SharkZone360 said:

November 25th, 4:07 pm

Finally!!! after 10 long years of waiting Final Fantasy 15 is here. One down one more to go ( Kingdom Hearts 3 ). Also anyone knows if kingdom Hearts 3 will be at playstation experience this coming Thursday?

Orayu- said:

November 25th, 4:17 pm

I expect good things from FF-XV.

Nano1124 said:

November 25th, 4:52 pm

Destroy All Humans 2!!!! OH MY GOD! YES! Steins;Gate 0 too! HOLY CRAP YES!!!

sciteach said:

November 25th, 5:09 pm

looking for new VR games to play! i’ve tried the Pinball FX VR, and if you really like pinball, give it a spin! you’re in your own little house and your tables are all set up around you. they have cool themes that make the room “feel” like the table, and then you’re just looking down at your table just like the real thing. and of course Zen does a bang up job on their artwork and physics.

elchorno said:

November 25th, 7:11 pm

I was one of the “lucky” ones who was able to pick up the game earlier this week when it accidentally went on sale. It’s pretty great, and Pinball works fantastically in VR. Only wish the tables were a little cheaper, or at least a discount for those that owned the same tables from ZP2.

FeistFan said:

December 1st, 9:01 am

Honestly, this sounds like the killer app for VR for me – the ability to really watch the pinball table and “see” it properly – I’m looking forward to it. Maybe next year – Playstation VR may be the least expensive VR option out there, but it’s still more than I’m willing to spend right now. Maybe when VR 2.0 comes out.

howismydriving95 said:

November 25th, 7:51 pm

DAH!2 coming to ps4 after years of hoping and months of waiting is literally a prayer come true. Yes I’m a huge nerd for the ps2 games I grew up on hahah. Man I hope this leads to a reboot. And if members of the original team helped, well… I would be one happy cracker.

Dr_Minh_pro said:

November 25th, 7:58 pm

FFXV… At last. I’ve been waited too long

guitarded77 said:

November 25th, 8:27 pm

FINALLY FANTASY!!! :D

whereymyconary said:

November 25th, 9:48 pm

Steins;Gate 0! And yes ffvi, also excited since Tuesday is when all my amazon stuff arrives from Black Friday. Backlog it official set!

legendarygame013 said:

November 26th, 12:52 am

Cant wait until steep comes out. Been playing the open beta until it got closed.

igorrocks2 said:

November 26th, 6:06 am

Unusually calm week without… “Um, uh, nothing for me this week” Congrats Rayan you just posted The drop of decade… Can’t wait 15 more hours to get code from Amazon to start preload :) oh look exactly 15 hours who would thoght…

STDlyMcStudpants said:

November 26th, 9:37 am

How We Soar – PS4 Digital is a mistake right?
Isnt this a VR only game?

Vlaja29 said:

November 26th, 9:55 am

Already preordered FF XV, now just need to patiently wait.

Interrogators said:

November 26th, 10:57 am

I can’t wait for DAH2! I have been waiting and hoping for years for a rerelease of one of my all time favorite games! I just hope the audio skipping glitch that plagued multiple DAH2 copies I owned is straightened out. I really want to be able to hear all the terrible puns and jokes in entirety!

teenymhunter said:

November 26th, 11:13 am

not sure about anyone else but i’m saving that 10% discount code from black friday deal for FF XV

release date/time FF XV is able to be bought digitally: 28th 9pm pst
date/time discount code becomes invalid: 29th 8am pst
just need to hope there isn’t downtime between those two periods of time
on both ps4 and pc

HitmanRebornEX said:

November 26th, 11:58 am

Yes, cant wait for ff 15 gonna be a great week!!

punkmusic2009 said:

November 26th, 12:36 pm

why is it takeing forever to load on my ps4

JinZer069 said:

November 26th, 2:11 pm

When is Garou Mark of the Wolves drop?

Dnilox said:

December 2nd, 3:47 am

Bump to this, we want Garou, you don’t seem to want our money, Sony.

MaxieMostel said:

November 26th, 7:11 pm

Looking forward to Clockwork Tales.

dd8900 said:

November 26th, 7:30 pm

Neon Chrome sounds interesting. Nice to see Vita titles still dropping each week.

project_redsuns said:

November 26th, 11:56 pm

Why the re-release of Metal Slug again?!

jhill_what said:

November 27th, 10:01 am

Not going to be an easy week on my wallet for sure.

giorgi_abelix said:

November 27th, 11:27 pm

Woooow! Winkings!

Hakumen__ said:

November 28th, 12:06 pm

Looking forward to Steins;Gate 0 and will definitely take a look at the other PS Vita releases.

Not interested in FFXV.

Chazprime said:

November 28th, 9:05 pm

Shoot… I saw the listing for “Clockwork Tales” and thought it said “Clock Tower”…now there’s a remaster I’d love to see!

phacebunt said:

November 29th, 5:32 pm

Sweet, Neon Chrome ended up being crossbuy! Was willing to drop some extra cash for Vita version but this is even better.

messu22 said:

November 30th, 9:27 am

So, no “weekly sale” this week? Man, this sucks. Don’t care about FF

Letters2Kay said:

November 30th, 10:14 am

Weekly sale stuff would be posted in the “PSN Update 11/29/16” thread, had they bothered to post one this week.

Not really important to them to tell us what is new and what is on sale this week, I guess.

Letters2Kay said:

November 30th, 10:10 am

Where’s the blog post with the updated content?? Are we not doing that anymore? It’s been late for the last few weeks and now it’s Wednesday and there has been no post detailing the games and DLC (presumably) released on Tuesday this week… I know I can go to the store and pull up new stuff, but it is much easier to check the blog post so I know what I am looking for. Here’s hoping someone just forgot, because I have been reading that blog entry religiously every week for almost 10 years. It helps me plan what to buy and make sure I don’t miss something I’d wanted… (1/2)

Letters2Kay said:

November 30th, 10:11 am

(2/2)…
You REALLY love making it harder to shop on the PSN, don’t you Sony? Stopped taking my credit card when my zip code changed, and though I even re-linked my PayPal info the other day, you now won’t charge that account either for some reason, forcing me to buy PSN cards in rounded amounts if I really want to make a purchase… and now you don’t even bother to post new content updates online!? I used to buy new stuff all the time and on a whim, but now you created so many hoops for me to jump through that I just don’t bother unless it’s something I really want- and I’m sure as hell more apt to wait for a sale even if I do want something badly enough to buy it. Also more likely to miss a release entirely because I decided to wait for a sale or for a time I am buying more stuff, and then I just forget about buying whatever it was altogether. Way to go, Sony. I game less these days and I buy less on PSN, and that is totally on you.

TRINISTEEL said:

November 30th, 5:37 pm

Im just interested to know if anyone has info on the Final Fantasy 15 Vr experience id like to give it a try but can’t find it anywhere on the ps store or the game itself any help would be great Thanks

SweetDreams7979 said:

November 30th, 7:19 pm

if Metal Slug …when I go to the PS4 store is more than $7…its a rip off…

Tatanka2007 said:

December 1st, 4:59 pm

Stay away from Steins;Gate 0 UNLESS you’ve played the original. I’m enjoying it, but I recall a blog here earlier from the localization team saying anyone could enjoy it without prior experience. That’s a big dirty lie in the interest of sales. I’ve played the original many times, so I am appreciating this continuation. But if you have not reached Steins;Gate with Okabe, the story would be difficult to follow and almost impossible to appreciate.

That said, get the PS3, Vita/PSTV, or Steam version and play it through all the endings before tackling S;G 0.