Knack 2

Dec 03

Dec 03

NieR: Automata Launches March 7, 2017, Day One Edition Detailed

Francis Santos's Avatar Posted by Product Lead, Square Enix

Square Enix is proud to announce that Nier: Automata is coming to PS4 on March 7, 2017! For fans eager to get their hands on the game, we’re happy to announce a consumer demo will be available for free download on PSN soon! That’s right, players will soon be able to annihilate hordes of invading machine lifeforms in order to retake the planet.

The goodies don’t end there, though. For those who are now in the Nier: Automata spirit, we have information on the “Black Box Edition” and Day One Edition for PS4 below!

A fresh take on the action-RPG genre, Nier: Automata is being developed in collaboration with PlatinumGames Inc. and gracefully blends mesmerizing action with a captivating story. The adventure is centered around androids 2B, 9S, and A2, and their battle to reclaim the machine-driven dystopia overrun by powerful machine lifeforms.

Nier: Automata

Black Box Edition

For gamers in search of exclusive items to complement the fast-paced action, we’re proud to present the Nier: Automata “Black Box Edition,” exclusive to PS4.

Back at E3 2016 we showed off a prototype of the 2B statue during our Square Enix Presents livestream. Seeing the fully developed statue here and how awesome 2B looks, it brings an android tear to my eye.

Black Box Edition for PS4 — $189.99

• A sleek black Collector’s Edition box housing the below exclusive content.
  • The Nier: Automata game.
  • Exquisitely crafted YoRHa “2B” Figurine.
  • Hardback 64-page artbook detailing the stunning artwork and illustrations from the game.
  • Exclusive steelbook case featuring artwork from renowned Akihiko Yoshida (Final Fantasy XIV / Bravely Default).
  • Hauntingly beautiful soundtrack containing 13 live recorded songs from Nier and Nier: Automata, composed by veteran Keiichi Okabe from Monaca, Inc. (Tekken / Drakengard / Nier).
  • All Day One Edition digital content, including: Machine Mask Accessory, Grimoire Weiss Pod, Play System Pod Skin, Retro Grey Pod Skin, Retro Red Pod Skin, and Cardboard Pod Skin.

Nier Automata

Day One Edition

The Day One Edition includes amazing digital bonus content and a reversible box art featuring character illustrations from Akihiko Yoshida.

The in-game Pod Support System is useful both in and outside of battle, and can be enhanced throughout the game. The Day One Edition comes with some great pod skins, including designs that are reminiscent of consoles from eons past.

Day One Edition for PS4 — $59.99

• The Nier: Automata game.
  • Six pieces of exclusive digital content, including: Machine Mask Accessory, Grimoire Weiss Pod, Play System Pod Skin, Retro Grey Pod Skin, Retro Red Pod Skin, and Cardboard Pod Skin

We hope you look forward to Nier: Automata coming on March 7!

Add Your Own

armourlight said:

December 3rd, 11:24 am

That collector’s edition sounds amazing. I’m pre-ordering ASAP.

FifthDream said:

December 3rd, 11:24 am

I’ve had it preodered since January. To say i’m looking forward to it is an understatement.

Francis Santos's Avatar

Francis Santos said:

December 5th, 12:58 pm

Woohooo! We’re super excited here as well :)

MakoSoul said:

December 3rd, 11:25 am

Can’t wait! Wish the Black Box edition wasn’t a Square Enix Store exclusive.

Slash789 said:

December 3rd, 11:27 am

When will the black box edition be available to pre-order?

ES2X1 said:

December 3rd, 11:34 am

*Anxiously waiting for the Black Box Edition to show up on the SE store*

TrueAssassin86x said:

December 3rd, 11:35 am

Day 1 for me i am pre-ordering when i can

djsaiyan said:

December 3rd, 11:35 am

Oh good, another Square-Enix store exclusive.

My Final Fantasy XV UCE shipped last Monday. It SAT AT YOUR OFFICE until Thursday, when it finally got put on a plane to Canada. Then it sat in customs, and still hasn’t been released yet.

If I’m paying you $45 USD for 2-5 business day shipping the least you could do is get the box to USPS the day you send me the shipping email.

So thanks but no thanks, I’ll stick with my Day One edition.

djsaiyan said:

December 3rd, 11:37 am

Sorry, not last Monday. It shipped on the 21st. It sat there until Thursday the 24th. By the 25th it was on a plane to Canada. It’s sat in customs all week. Apparently, it has now been released.

If y’all had just actually given the damn box to USPS the day you told me it shipped, I’d have it by now. Instead it’s four days after release, almost two weeks after it should have been sent, and I ain’t got s***.

Baust528 said:

December 3rd, 11:53 am

Thank you all so much for bringing the Black Box Edition out in North America.

NieR’s my favorite game of all time, and I can’t wait to play Automata!

TJF588 said:

December 3rd, 12:03 pm

Finally managed to secure a nearly impeccable condition Drakengard 3 Collector’s Edition this past year (spurred on by an incomplete one in a local game shop; that one’s now in New Jersey!), but this is much too rich for my blood. Day One’s been on order for months, though. In the meantime – or ever, really – could we get the first Drakengard (“Drakengard!”) onto PS2 on PS4? I’d be willing to smash my head against the wall with that’n.

ES2X1 said:

December 3rd, 12:35 pm

The pre-order for the Black Box Edition on the SE store is up!

joyrul96 said:

December 3rd, 1:13 pm

SHAME this is not true PS4 exclusive as you guys claimed.

Also on PC*
Not exclusive *

Bufftbone said:

December 4th, 11:30 am

They don’t include PC when they say “exclusives,” just consoles.

Tyrannikos said:

December 3rd, 1:21 pm

I really want that Black Box Edition, but I have horrendous experience with the SE Store…
This is a pickle.

BRSxIgnition said:

December 3rd, 3:14 pm

I’d love to get that black box edition but the exclusivity and resulting USD conversion rate from CAD makes it a ridiculous proposition.

Thank God for reversible cover art though, I guess.

Voeris said:

December 3rd, 3:23 pm

Can’t you just sell it on Amazon also? Shipping to my country ($50+) is just crazy, I mean it borders the US, but I’m being charged like I live near the South Pole. Please, just sell it on Amazon!!! (or fix your shipping rates Square Enix Online Store)

Souledge94 said:

December 3rd, 6:13 pm

it comes out to 200 bucks. come on you could of at least charged 100 or 150.

chuykari said:

December 3rd, 7:17 pm

Pre-ordered my black box edition already:) thanks SE!!

gilgamesh21 said:

December 3rd, 9:30 pm

Hey Square-Enix please develop Musashi 3 and 4 for PS4! I’d love to see Musashi 3 released on PS3 aswell, but I know that boat may have sailed already. So big ups for Musashi 3 and 4 on PS4 with both featuring different visual styles like the previous two. Thanks much!

Burmecian_Rat said:

December 3rd, 9:57 pm

I refuse to order from the Square Enix store because of their horrible packing job, expensive yet slow shipping and the fact their packages always get nailed by Canadian customs. It’s just not worth the hassle.

favian said:

December 3rd, 10:38 pm

I love Nier but $190 is steep for a 6 inch figurine, a music cd, and a very thin art book. DLC skins are cool but those are intangible and I have no idea how that would even boost the price up to $190. What is the quality of the box that houses all this? If the art book was 100+ pages or if the figurine was the standard size of a Square Enix Play Arts Kai, then i’d reconsider.

HowManyBreads2 said:

December 3rd, 11:03 pm

as much as id love to get the black box edition 40 dollar shipping to canada is outrageous ive already had a bad time with the square enix store when a 50 dollar order from them didnt ship because of a glitch in their system why can they use eb games or amazon like any other company?

anszbd1 said:

December 4th, 5:41 am

Please make special edition without statue, I only want the steelbook and artbook :(

Vextalon said:

December 7th, 7:51 am

Any chance of releasing a NiER Automata official art book? I’m definitely picking this up but having a nice hefty art book would soothe my wallet something fierce. I mean there was one with my Final Fantasy XV Ultimate Edition.

Exebiel said:

December 8th, 7:24 am

I’m saving money until February 2017 to get the Black Box Edition because I live in Lima, Perú and I’ll need to manage the customs expenses ($$$) to get it.

I hope to secure the pre-order in that date.

Ignar50 said:

December 8th, 10:07 am

Wish i could Pre-order the black box edition, but whenever i go to Squares store page for EU their is nothing their. And im not sure if it would shipped to me if I used NA page. T_T i really want it.

Andrack64 said:

December 8th, 9:40 pm

I’d love to know more about the soundtrack that comes with the Black Box edition. Two major questions:

1) How many songs on the soundtrack are from Automata? It sounds like it also has songs from the first game and I’m not as interested in those since I already have that soundtrack.

2) Is the song from the Paris Games Week 2015 trailer (below) included on the soundtrack CD?

FreedFromDeath said:

December 12th, 12:25 am

Will it have dual audio? This is extremely important.

KazeEternal said:

December 13th, 3:31 pm

“Copies will be limited, so be sure not to miss out as the “Black Box Edition” will be available exclusively at the Square Enix Online Store.”

The Black Box Edition sounds great, up until I had to order it through the Square Enix store. Between the shipping which isn’t free and the level of uncertainty of when I’ll get this item and the relative garbage the Square Enix store is. I will be waiting till this edition is on sale on the SE website or the game itself is 20 dollars in a used game bin.

I’m super excited for this game. You have no idea. However this business model does not work for me. No amount of Platinum Games (which made Metal Gear Rising Revengeance one of my favorite PS3 games and Vanquish) is going to get me to do an about face on this. I can get Horizon Zero Dawn on amazon in its collectors edition on release day or The Last Guardian. I’ve purchased several CE’s this year and Square Enix is the only one trying to exploit me in the most uncomfortable way imaginable.

Don’t even get me started on FF15 Ultimate (which I managed to get luckily).

KazeEternal said:

December 13th, 3:33 pm

BTW stop including your stupid music sample CD/Bluray. Either include the whole thing or not at all. That’s not a perk, it doesn’t increase the value of the package, it just annoys me that I have to pay twice for music I already own when I buy the OST.

ME_Longshot said:

December 23rd, 8:43 am

Playstation 4 system bundle with Uncharted and FFXV at BestBuy Canada = $330 CAD

Nier Automata Black Box = $317 CAD

That Block Box Edition price is BRUTAL!!! I’d love to get that art book and statue but the price REALLY left a bitter sour taste in my mouth. Sorry, Day One Edition for me. :( :( :(

Och85inco said:

December 28th, 6:33 am

US steel book edition please? Otherwise I may have to import from game U.K.

GothiN said:

December 28th, 7:08 pm

After I completed the Nier Automata Demo on my PS4 Pro I told myself, “I’ve never seen a game like this before”. It’s amazing! I will be getting the black box for sure!