Knack 2

Dec 03

Dec 03

PlayStation Experience 2016: Showcase Wrap-Up

Shawn Layden's Avatar Posted by President, Sony Interactive Entertainment America | Chairman, SIE Worldwide Studios

We’re fresh off the stage at the third annual PlayStation Experience, and this might be our most jam-packed games lineup yet.

Before we dive into the games, I want to take a moment to say thank you. This has been a truly remarkable year for PlayStation–from the historic releases of PlayStation VR and PS4 Pro to the thrilling conclusion of Nathan Drake’s journey in Uncharted 4–and it’s thanks to your passion and enthusiasm that we can come together and celebrate at PlayStation Experience.

Speaking of Uncharted, what better way to kick off the holidays than by unwrapping Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

It’s been a huge year for SIE Worldwide Studios, and we’re not letting our foot off the gas in 2017. Along with new footage from highly anticipated titles like Gran Turismo Sport, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2 and MLB The Show 17, we unveiled several new games from our talented teams at WWS, including Knack 2 and Wipeout Omega Collection. Let’s take a look:

PlayStation fans share a deep passion for many of our characters and games, but one bandicoot in particular seems to really excite this crowd. Today, we took a first look at the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy–the Wumpa Islands have never looked so good!

Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy, Cinematic

Many iconic characters are synonymous with PlayStation–including Crash, Ratchet & Clank, Nathan Drake and Kratos–but there’s one that’s especially near and dear to me: PaRappa. A remastered version of the classic title PaRappa the Rapper is freestyling its way onto PS4, and to celebrate the game’s 20th anniversary we’re releasing a special playable demo for everyone today.

While we’re on the topic of classics with a musical twist: we’re also remastering Patapon and LocoRoco for PS4!

Part of what makes PlayStation the best place to play is our wonderful family of third-party publisher and developer partners, some of which appeared on stage today.

Our friends at Capcom surprised us with the newest entry in a fan-favorite fighting franchise — Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite. And for those who simply can’t wait for 2017, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is launching exclusively on PS4 later today!

Once again, PlayStation Experience is hosting the Capcom Cup Finals presented by PlayStation–watch live at 6pm PT / 9pm ET tonight. Good news for longtime Street Fighter fans: series standout Akuma is joining the Street Fighter V roster.

That’s not the only competition we’re hosting today. Call of Duty World League is back for another exciting season, and we are thrilled to announce it will once again be presented by PlayStation! Tune in today for a live stream of the invitational at 11:30am PT / 2:30pm ET, and watch eight of the best teams in the world compete.

This September, many of you jumped back into the world of Destiny with Rise of Iron. We’re excited to help Bungie announce that Destiny’s new event, The Dawning, begins on December 13, 2016.

PlayStation Experience is a great time to celebrate fan favorites and our stellar independent developer community. We showed off dozens of titles, including Dreadnaught, Let It Die, Vane, Absolver, Edith Finch, Nier: Automata, Nex Machina and Windjammers, along with some special treats for our JRPG fans–Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom and Ys Origins

Windjammers 02

Speaking of talented independent studios, we got an extended look at the next title from Supergiant Games, Pyre: a party-based RPG where you lead a band of exiles to freedom through a series of mystical competitions. It’s beautiful, artistically daring, and a ton of fun to play.

At PlayStation, we’re all about pushing the boundaries of gaming and empowering developers to bring fresh ideas to the platform. We’re particularly excited about several upcoming experiences that feature PlayStation VR support, including Starblood Arena, Ace Combat 7 and Resident Evil 7: biohazard, which has a final updated demo out today for PS4, PS4 Pro and PlayStation VR.

The Last of Us Part II, 02

Closing out the show, the team at Naughty Dog wanted to give fans something extra special — the first look at The Last of Us Part II, from their updated engine running on PS4.

Stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog throughout the weekend as we stream panels and interviews, release new content, and share deals and additions to PlayStation Store.

Add Your Own

jbisnutbush said:

December 3rd, 11:33 am

What a show!

paulogy said:

December 3rd, 11:36 am

Great show, Shawn! So many games to be excited about. 2017 is looking to be another great year for PlayStation :-)

Prof-D27 said:

December 5th, 1:59 am

Way to go Paul! #KFBF <3

omgfloofy said:

December 3rd, 11:36 am

> We showed off dozens of titles, including Dreadnaught, Let It Die, Vane, Absolver, Edith Finch, Nier: Automata, Nex Machina and Windjammers, along with some special treats for our JRPG fans–Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom and Ys Origins.

The title is ‘Ys Origin’ – no ‘s’ on it. ;D

Syrlis said:

December 3rd, 11:41 am

Well darn. I lost track of time playing FFXV :( Are you gonna put the show up on the Store, or the YouTube channel so I can watch it later?

streetskater94 said:

December 3rd, 12:21 pm

hi the shows on youtube

Welmosca said:

December 3rd, 11:29 pm

Even if they don’t put it on their YT channel its always up on YT.

GatsuUSA said:

December 3rd, 11:58 am

The best PSX so far by far. But man i really wished for somethign from FromSoft. Either Bloodborne 2 or at least Demon souls remaster….

Welmosca said:

December 3rd, 11:28 pm

Lol too soon for a Bloodborne 2.

quickfire123 said:

December 3rd, 12:01 pm

So I just saw the rewards for being at PSX can anyone get me the persona 5 theme reward if they are there and dont want it?

cteng said:

December 3rd, 12:14 pm

Amazing show, good job on everyone’s part. Short and sweet, no awkwardness, all about the games and Hail Shuhei!

KidCommando said:

December 3rd, 12:25 pm

Great show and reveals! Really didn’t expect this much awesome to be shown. There was something there for everyone and that is why Playstation is the best place for me.

freshprincepbg said:

December 3rd, 12:29 pm

Damn last year’s show was really disappointing to me, but this show was up there with being one of the best conference’s I’ve ever seen. So many things relevant to my interests. Makes me wish I went :(

Flashover404 said:

December 3rd, 10:10 pm

Totally agree. This is the first PSX me and my 2 best buds missed, partly because last year was a disappointment and partly because no info was given until week of show. Amazing show, just wish Sony would have “sold” it a few months ago…Horizon on the floor and Hideo would have made me buy a plane ticket and seeing LoU 2 reveal would have been the icing on the cake. MAYBE, next year. :/

Superstone said:

December 3rd, 12:36 pm

Totally buying Windjammers for Vita. Sony how about a new handheld?

ElektroDragon said:

December 3rd, 12:47 pm

KNACK 2!!! YES!!!! My 5 year old will be overjoyed he can watch me play that! He grew up with Knack. Please don’t make the Trophies as hard as the first though. :)

ElektroDragon said:

December 3rd, 12:49 pm

Also the return of Crash!! Wow, you are going to make my kid a PS fan for life. Love it.

LEFT__4__DEAD__2 said:

December 3rd, 1:16 pm

Great show! Love crash, dreadnought, many more. Keep up very good work <3

Valormok said:

December 3rd, 1:39 pm

Patapon!!!!!!

Tomoprime said:

December 3rd, 2:17 pm

Do they have a link to replay PSX?

Alastor424 said:

December 3rd, 2:29 pm

Did anyone else skip over the Call if Duty paragraph while reading this?

So excited to see such a diverse group of games with such character and originally again.

Cannot wait to get my hands on Parappa! Here’s hoping for a Medievel reboot??

Welmosca said:

December 3rd, 11:26 pm

LMAO I did skip the CoD paragraph and also mentioned this on ma comment.

gameman15 said:

December 3rd, 2:45 pm

So far, the games they showed off that I’m really excited for are Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite (Loved the Marvel vs. Capcom series, I know that the possible absence of X-Men characters maybe bothersome, but it’s inevitable) and Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (one of my game series on the PS1). Hopefully tomorrow, they’ll show off some more surprising games. Maybe they’ll show off DBZ Budokai 4 or DBZ Budokai 3 as PS2 classic on PS4 (this game is the only reason why I held onto my PS2) and more of Insomniac’s Spider-Man game (I think they’re just saying that they won’t show it just to fool us).

gameman15 said:

December 3rd, 2:53 pm

“One of my favorite game series on the PS1” is what I was meant to say.

Lacerz said:

December 3rd, 3:01 pm

Thanks Shawn! Great show!

gspat1 said:

December 3rd, 3:32 pm

LAME!!!

Sweepstakes aren’t available to Canadian residents… We get screwed again!

tony2077 said:

December 3rd, 4:08 pm

of course they wouldn’t include us that would be a nice thing to do can’t have that

Sarges24 said:

December 3rd, 4:04 pm

Ni No Kuni!! More, yes MORE!! Last of Us II, amazing trailer. Great stuff!! Can never have too much of a great thing. Keep the greatness rolling.

Bam4evr said:

December 3rd, 5:08 pm

So happy to see how Crash Bandicoot is turning out. Updated graphics while still being faithful to the original versions? I’m definitely happy for that.

But nothing on a new PlayStation All-Stars? Come on, Sony! You’re missing out on not only a truly exciting crossover for PlayStation fans but a potentially successful one too. It’s a game many fans like myself have been wanting for years. Don’t pass up such a great opportunity here, especially now that you got this partnership with Activision.

giangdang00 said:

December 3rd, 10:35 pm

CRASH BANDICOOT
YS ORIGIN
THE LAST OF US 2
NIER AUTOMATA
MARVEL VS CAPCOM INFINITE AND UMVC 3!
TALES OF BERSERIA
PERSONA 5
FFXV(didnt buy yet)
DIGIMON NEXT ORDER
FATE EXTELLA UMBRAL STAR

Sony please… My wallet needs mercy lol.

dracondria said:

December 3rd, 10:58 pm

Any News on the game Wild by Wild sheep studios? Haven’t heard anything apart from some game play back in October 2015. Really excited about this game. Would love to hear more about it. Since it was announced when you guys announced the ps4.

LastLaugh1698 said:

December 7th, 9:51 am

I’ve been dying for information about this game for as long as I’ve known it’s existed. It’s soooo frustrating that everybody else seems to have forgotten haha

Welmosca said:

December 3rd, 11:24 pm

I missed the show but I’ve been checking everything out on the Blog in the last hours and there is one thing in this post that I didn’t know about…Knack 2 was announced?…damn I didn’t even played the 1st one yet,I know its a shame but the blame is all on ma backlog,oh well I need to hurry up and play it already.

The future of games on PS sure looks shiny…wallet sure won’t be forgiven lol.

BTW I bet no one cares about that damn CoD World League but whatever,there is always someone lol…I just wanted to say.