PlayStation VR

Dec 03

Dec 03

The Last of Us Part II

Neil Druckmann's Avatar Posted by Creative Director, Naughty Dog

Let’s cut to the chase: the sequel to The Last of Us is happening, and it’s called The Last of Us Part II.

I can’t tell you how satisfying it is to finally be able to say that Ellie and Joel are back for another intense, harrowing, and emotional adventure. Like many of you, we have a deep love for the world of The Last of Us and its characters, and while a sequel may have seemed like a foregone conclusion, that wasn’t the case. We knew that it needed to be a story worth telling and, perhaps more importantly, a story worthy of Joel and Ellie. After spending years on different ideas (and almost giving up), we finally uncovered a story that felt special—a story that evolved into an epic journey.

It’s still early days for the project—the game’s release is a ways off—but we couldn’t wait any longer to give you a glimpse of what’s to come. We’re going to let the trailer speak for itself, but expect more information about The Last of Us Part II in the coming months.

The Last of Us Part II, 02

In the meantime, if you’re at PlayStation Experience today or watching the livestream from home, don’t miss our panel at 2:00pm PT where I’ll be joined by Ashley Johnson and Troy Baker to talk about the reveal. Keep an eye on Naughty Dog’s channels to see more of what we’re up to this weekend.

Until next time, endure and survive!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

JLGEZZY94 said:

December 3rd, 7:22 pm

Iv been waiting took you long enough but im hyped and disappointed because this was first available to ps3 users and it needs to continue to be available to ps3 as i do not have a ps4 i have a three and millions would agree it needs to be available to ps3 as to four that way your fan base that does not have 4 but has 3 can still join in on part 2 please iv been waiting long enough naughty dog dont screw me by not making it available to ps3!!!!!

Welmosca said:

December 3rd, 8:58 pm

Come on man you know its not coming to PS3.

DeadlyKaiser said:

December 4th, 10:35 am

Buy a PS4, you dirty poor person lol.

Crazymanwalking1 said:

December 4th, 7:26 pm

Sorry thats not gonna happen, they were already squeezing every bit of power the PS3 had when it originally launched

making a last gen port would hamper the game in the long run, by dividing manpower and resources thet would be better used on making the PS4 game the best it can be

PD100148 said:

December 3rd, 7:29 pm

i’m looking forward to this game, it looks so good but sadly i don’t think it is going to be on PS3, i would be so happy if it is going to be on PS3 as that is my only console that i own apart from a nvidia gtx 480 gaming PC.

liams123456 said:

December 3rd, 8:57 pm

Yeeeeeeessssss I knew is really coming I knew it yeeeess I don’t have words to say
Just I hate my life I want live in this game . But yeeeessss I don’t have word

Welmosca said:

December 3rd, 9:08 pm

Really?…you wanna live in that screwed up world?

liams123456 said:

December 3rd, 11:51 pm

I joking but really I wait so long to this game and I come today to the live but I exited is so funny and now we play in Ellie not joel

Welmosca said:

December 3rd, 9:07 pm

Yeah we all knew it was coming since the huge success that it was the 1st one.I gotta say I didn’t want a 2nd one but boy was I excited while watching that trailer.Dare I say it looks even more impressive than UC4?…I hope we’re playing with Joel again,grown up Ellie is looking cool and all but we need to play with Joel,also gotta say I’m glad to see him there cuz I was 100% sure TLoU 2 would be all about Ellie.

On another talk seems like Ellie is on a quest for revenge this time around hmm,I already have an idea why but…looking forward to see how this will unfold.

Well can’t wait and as any ND game…DAY 1 BUY.

PS:Please don’t ruin the online…TLoU is not only the best game ever made but also has one of the best online MPs ever,just make the same online with better graphics and you’re set like really don’t change it.

balapazz said:

December 3rd, 9:29 pm

Can’t waiiit! Thanks naughty dog!

BreYersFrom1979 said:

December 3rd, 10:50 pm

Why? Why this game needed a part 2…

Spaze0328 said:

December 3rd, 11:08 pm

yay finally :)))))

MisterAxle said:

December 3rd, 11:26 pm

I ate a grape.

injektilo said:

December 3rd, 11:53 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Unbelievably excited!

tsubodai226 said:

December 4th, 12:18 am

Actually got a little lump in my throat watching that.

black_devil262 said:

December 4th, 11:15 am

can’t wait :”(

black_devil262 said:

December 4th, 11:20 am

this is awesome

BasicElite said:

December 4th, 1:10 pm

Not going to lie, I picked up a PS3 at launch along with a handful of launch titles. Was overall disappointed with the console for the first couple of years I owned it. I literally had it sit on my entertainment center for almost a year and a half. Every time I turned it on, it had an another update which took forever to download. I enjoyed the God of Wars, Uncharteds, Killzones, but nothing really made me stick with the console. But I’ve heard amazing things about the original TLOU. Finally picked it up and WOW. I’m mainly a Xbox gamer, I own both consoles but game more on my xbox. But wow, I wish Microsoft had an IP like TLOU. There’s not that many games I finish and jump back in for another go, single player wise. But back OT, I cannot wait for this. I literally lost my s*** when a friend tagged me on Facebook about this announcement. I’m ready to see where Naughty Dog takes Me, Joel, and the older Ellie next.

heavy-banana said:

December 5th, 8:06 am

Oh Lordy! Can’t wait!

LeandroDiFini said:

December 5th, 10:30 am

She looks less like Ellen Page this time… BUT she plays the guitar… So it balances out.

mohamadniyazmand said:

December 5th, 3:11 pm

so hyped(!)

RonPaul69 said:

December 6th, 8:58 pm

The Last of Us was truly and probably still is the best game ever made. I spent a couple of days playing it off an on. However I have been playing the online game for years now… and I probably play it 8 or 9 hours a week.
So my biggest concern is that the online play be great. I really don’t want them to change much, just new maps and maybe new characters, I could see adding zombies where you can do players vs zombies. Or players vs players… with zombies, of course players vs players.

Just make it awesome and don’t change the actual feel of playing it’s so good as it is, it’s so much better than like COD online etc…. because it plays more realistically and running and gunning will just get you killed.

Anyway…. I am sure it’s gonna be great I just hope you don’t skimp on the online.
Thanks

AvivromerTS said:

December 8th, 9:09 am

This is insane! I love Joel and Ellie’s story! Their chemistry is PERFECT! It’s hard to find a duo that just fits and belongs together as they do! I hope this sequel is better than the first because we all know that most sequels turn out to be a disappointment! Thanks naughty dog and Sony!
Ps I am still waiting on FFVII Remake release day!

Coolfire43 said:

December 8th, 6:06 pm

I NEED THIS GAME I LOVE LAST OF U

Diamond_Starr_03 said:

December 21st, 1:33 pm

SOOO READY!!! <3

GST__GodWolf said:

December 30th, 11:15 pm

YESSSSS. I’m so excited. literally paid 250 for a PS4 only for The Last of Us and the Uncharted series! Thanks for making THE best games of all time. I love the stories, and I’m gonna play The Last of Us over, and over again.

PAGE 1 2